• Published 9th Dec 2011
  • 6,950 Views, 98 Comments

The Apple Of My Heart - insertponynamehere

  • ...
6
 98
 6,950

Chapter 2

Twilight woke up the next day feeling groggy, and noticing the smell of Apple Cinnamon pancakes being made in the kitchen downstairs. She slowly crept out of bed and stumbled her way to the kitchen flopping down on one of the seats.

Spike glanced over to the half-asleep unicorn and said, "Morning Twil- Uh, you ok?"

She rose her head from the table and silently nodded. As she was putting her head back down, Spike slapped a couple of pancakes on the plate in front of the, once again, half-asleep Twilight. At the impact of pancake to plate, she gave a small yelp and jolted out of her half-slumber.

"I guess I'm awake now..." she mumbled to herself. She got back up on her chair and starting eating her pancakes, "Wow Spike, these are amazing! New recipe?"

"Yup! I went over this morning and got the apples straight from the trees. Applejack was kind enough to get them down for me."

"That was nice of her..." A thought popped into her head at that time, "Hey, would you mind if I went out for a bit again? I need to do some research on a new theory I'm working on."

Spike scratched his head, wondering what she could be working on now, "What kind of theory?"

"Oh, it's nothing. Just for a friend."

"Who?" the small dragon asked, still confused.

"You've never met him."

"Uh... Ok. Well, yeah, that would be fine with me. I kinda like working on the chores in an empty house."

Twilight gave him a small smile and took the last bit of her pancakes, "Once again, great pancakes Spike." She walked over to him and patted the back of his head. She walked over, and opened the door and went outside heading again for Rarity's Boutique.

---------

Why didn't I think of this before? Rarity's gone out with tons of guys, I'm sure she can help me with this little crush. She took her time getting there, looking around at the bustling little town. School was out, and all of the little fillies and colts were running around, playing, and having a good time, the shops were open, and Twilight spotted Applejack's apple cart across the plaza. She started walking towards the cart, when the large red stallion showed up next to her, and she quickly turned around, heading towards the Boutique once again.

She arrived at Rarity's, and it was filled with many ponies wanting to buy her fancy dresses, and accessories. She walked through a sea of mares before seeing Rarity, giving advice to what looked like 10 of them swarmed around her.

Twilight was able to get up to her and gently tapped her on the shoulder, "Hold on ma'am, I'll be right with you." She stood behind Rarity for 10 minutes before she turned around and noticed who it was, "Twilight! How good it is to see you darling! Come, let me show you my new line of swim suits!" Twilight was yanked away from where she was standing and was being dragged across the room.

"Rarity, I just need to ask you some questions real quick." She was barely able to mutter out the words, as Rarity still clung to her.

The white unicorn snapped her neck back and pouted, "So, you're not here to see my new clothes?" She sighed, "No matter, what is it you want to ask me?"

"Um, can we speak in private"

"Not now! Look at all these customers!" Twilight looked at Rarity, saddened, "Fine, follow me."

Rarity brought Twilight to her back room and she asked again, "So what do you need? Are you ok?"

"Well, I was hoping you could help me with something."

"What?"

"Well, you've had a lot of experience with dating, and I was hoping that-" She was cut off by an eccentric Rarity.

"Oh, Twilight has a coltfriend! Who is it?"

"No, I don't have a coltfriend, not yet I'm hoping, but I was hoping how you deal with crushes?" Rarity looked at her with a smile.

"So, who is it?"

"Big Macintosh."

The expression on her face was a mixture of happiness and sadness, "Oh.. That's great... Was that a customer asking for me? I better get going then!" She rushed out of the back room, leaving Twilight standing there, confused.

What was that about?

--------

Twilight walked out of the Boutique, still confused about what happened with Rarity, Well there went my plan, who else can I ask? She thought about this, as her stomach grumbled, She looked around at the restaurants, seeing that they were all filled, with a giant line, and the only place with food and no big line being Applejack's apple cart. Big Mac was still there, and her hunger got the best of her.

She trotted towards the cart, getting more nervous as she got closer. Her heart started racing, and could tell that if she started talking, she would start stuttering like she did the day before.

Applejack smiled as Twilight walked up to the cart, "Well howdy there Twi, what can ah git ya?"

"J-just a few a-apples. Thanks." I have got to stop stuttering... She glanced over at Big Mac who gave her a warm smile. At the sight of it, her heart melted, and she could feel her face warming up, Am... Am I blushing? Oh no, Applejack better hurry up! The orange pony brought 5 apples over and placed them in front of Twilight, "Th-these look good. Thank you."

Applejack looked at Twilight, confused, "Twi, are ya ok? Y'all are actin' mighty odd." She just nodded at Applejack, "Alright then. Enjoy yer apples!"

Twilight nodded again and walked away, towards the Library.

--------

She went through the doorway and saw Spike working on putting the books back on the shelves. He quickly noticed her return, "Twilight, you're back! I'm almost done with the books.

Twilight was deep in thought when she finally said, "That's great Spike, finish that up, and you can have the rest of the day off."

Spike had a surprised look on his face, "Really?! Are you sure? I don't mind helping you around the pl-" He was cut off by Twilight.

"No, I'm sure. Everything will be fine." He rushed back to finish the books. Why did Rarity react that way when I said Big Mac's name... Maybe she likes him too? She was still deep in thought as she walked up the stairs and picked her favorite book to read to get everything off her mind.

She got a couple pages into her book when the thoughts about Rarity crept back into her mind. She decided that she would pay her another visit to see why she reacted to oddly. She placed the book down and saw that Spike had already finished and went out looking for something to do. Twilight walked outside, and again headed towards the Boutique.

The sun was going down as she trotted along the streets, seeing that it wasn't as busy as before. She was hoping that Rarity's wasn't as busy either. After a few minutes, she heard the sound of hooves behind her. Feeling paranoid, she slowly turned her head, revealing the large red stallion that makes her heart pound and cheeks get redder than his coat.

"Well howdy Twilight. How're ya doin' today? Ah know we di'nt git much time tah talk earlier, but now we do."

"I-i'm fine. H-how're you?" She stammered.

"Ah'm doin' quite well. Thanks fer askin'" He noticed the way she was looking and asked, "Are ya ok? Y'all were actin' like this earlier." She nodded.

"Y-yeah. Just a little under the weather as all." She gave a nervous chuckle, and he smiled. Her face was getting red, and burning.Not again...

"Well ya'll might want tah get back in bed. Ya will feel much better."

"Th-thanks. I will get right on that." She nervously smiled at him.

"Well ah better get back to th' farm. Got some things ah gotta do before I go tah bed. G'bye Twilight." Upon hearing her name in his southern accent made her speechless.

"Good bye Mac..." She muttered to herself.

--------

Twilight walked through the doors of the boutique and found that it was empty. She called out for Rarity but got no answer. She decided to yell again, "Rarity! I want to talk about earlier!" She heard a faint noise coming from the back room and walked over. She opened the door and found Rarity working on a dress and slowly got over to Rarity.

She looked over her shoulder and yelped at the unannounced Twilight Sparkle, "Twilight, oh you scared me. I suppose you want an explanation on what happened earlier?" Twilight nodded, and Rarity sighed, "Before you arrived here in Ponyville, I had... a relationship with Macintosh." Twilight stared at Rarity with wide eyes, "He was a good colt, very polite, but for some reason, I stopped it. I cannot remember why I did it. The look on his face when I did it made my heart break in two. To this day I regret ever doing it, and now you want to have a relationship with him, and I won't get in the middle of it. Just remember Twilight, don't end it. He was a good colt, and anypony would be lucky to have him."

Twilight was still staring at Rarity as she finished her sentence, "Oh Rarity, I am so sorry." She went over and hugged her fashionista friend.

"It's okay Twilight. It was nice to get that off of my chest. Thank you for understanding." They broke the hug, and Twilight bid farewell to Rarity, and walked out the door.

Twilight entered the tree for hopefully the last time that night. Spike had returned from whatever he was doing, and was getting everything ready for bed. Luna's moon was rising, and Twilight thought it would be good to get to bed early that night. She walked up the stairs, and climbed into her bed getting comfortable when she heard a knock at the door. Curious, she walked back down the stairs, and opened the door. Right in front of her was Rarity, crying.

"Rarity, what happened?!"

"Twilight, I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry..." She said through sobs.

"What? What happened?"

"I kissed Macintosh!"

Comments ( 47 )

lolwut.

And spy rarity with the backstab. :raritydespair:

It has however gotten me very intrigued. :trixieshiftright:

dafuqdidijustread....
jk it was a really good story, and that ending to the chapter was hilarious....
i wanna know more :3

Well... I figured that Rarity had a a crush or a relationship with Big Mac when she spazzed out... the ending oh boy this isn't going to end well. Good job on the chapter and the introduction of some conflict.

wat? wat?! WHAT!?!?!?!:twilightangry2:

I would have liked a tad more exposition at the end. Even if it's a cliffhanger (I'm perfectly fine with them), It feels kinda weird to leave it at that. Some exposition that would explain why she'd go and kiss him, some underlying tension perhaps?
The story is great so far, but the cliffhanger feels kinda empty.

man you need to type faster and hurry up and finish the books i don't mind cliffhangers but this one i can't stand

65831
Oh I will be explaining that in the next chapter do not worry :pinkiehappy:
65914
I'm trying! But these Christmas decorations won't put themselves up.
65758
Thanks!

Ahhhhh That makes sense, kinda. I mean, yeah, talking about him again made her want to try the relationship again, but it seems slightly OOC for Rares, being the element of generosity, but.... I'll keep reading.

Rarity is such a horse. Just kidding. :pinkiehappy:

Ugggg typing on iPhone is hard!!!!! Great chapter, ending is kinda sudden. No real time scale.

Wow, this is actually turning out quite well! I love shipping fanfics that give an air of a nervous main character at the beginning! :pinkiehappy:

I mean, Caramel’s Light would be the greatest fanfic ever if the author ever bothered to update it! :flutterrage:

I see a great potential in this, and can’t wait for you to continue going deeper in the story. Not to mention since you already added this drama before anything even started! :raritywink:

GODDANGIT

:duck::eeyup: = :twilightoops::raritycry:

*waggles eyebrows* WOO! Hurry up on this, It hurts my very soul to not know what happens!! AWESOME WORK !!!!:yay:

Sorry the writing is taking too long, but all of the christmas decorations are up and I'll be throwing a chapter out every day or every other day.

The plot thickens.

Now, I'm seeing some issues with grammar and form here. Some misplaced commas, some areas where there should be commas, that kind of thing. Nothing too major, but something that could be easily fixed. I recommend either proofreading or using a prereader. One thing you should definitely change, however, is the use of numerals. Say, like when Applejack gives her five apples. Not Applejack gave her 5 apples. Using the numeral isn't technically wrong, but it looks odd.

Overall nice job. Still withholding the rating, but it's looking to be around 4 stars so far. Keep it up.

:rainbowlaugh: I like how both chapters have 1736 words, try 3 for 3! :rainbowlaugh:
Still enjoying this though

66863
Grrr. Grammar, my nemesis :twilightangry2:

Anywho, I'll get around to that. Thanks for finding them!

67004
Honestly did not try that aha :twilightblush:

I C SPY! :flutterrage:

Dun Dun DUN!!!!!

It took me both of the first two chapters to figure out whether or not I liked this...
I'm still not sure, for now it's sitting perfectly on 2.5 stars.
I'll track it, but I won't rate it yet. I need to read more of it to decide whether or not it's good.
However, I suppose it's kind of good if I'm going to the trouble of tracking it.
Looking forward to an update. Keep up the good work.

I read, "Why didn't I think of this before? Rarity's gone out with tons of guys, I'm sure she can help me with this little crush." and I felt kinda like Twilight called Rarity a slut. . . Someone think of a pony term for slut.

:twilightoops:: wait what
:raritycry:;\: i kissed big mac...
:twilightangry2:: I'M GONNA GET YOU FOR THAT!!! *turns into her crazy self*
:raritydespair:: I'M DOOOOMED!!!

66622 you said that 2 weeks and 11 hours ago

65723 luna, whatsup

65767 :unsuresweetie::twistnerd::scootangel::rainbowdetermined2::pinkiesmile::flutterrage::derpyderp1::applecry::applejackconfused::moustache::trixieshiftleft::twilightangry2: and :twilightblush:'s :heart:: ... GET HER!!!
:raritydespair:: OH NO!!!

Grrrrr.. So, as I'm getting the new chapter written, my internet decides to just stop working, and on top of that, my laptop also, just stopped working. Yes, what a merry fricken Christmas. Wait a day or two, I'll put out a new chapter.

58812 What... DiscoShy?

As in... DiscordxFluttershy?
myfacewhen.com/thumbs/tn_196.jpg
Whut?

hmm...

Gets a plate of pancakes and a short conversation later they're gone.
Finishes a hearty breakfast, a walk later and she is famished.
She enters the library and notices spike sorting books, a few paragraphs of reading, and he is already done and had left w/o saying goodbye...
myfacewhen.com/thumbs/tn_35.jpg
I feel like time is being messed with in this story

66328 If you're referencing first chapter second section... that was me... Look at the comments for the first chapter then look for my wall comment.

ALSO I must apologize in advance if any of what I have said insulted or offended you, I am batshit tired at it is 4:00 am for me, and I am not thinking clearly.

Sleep is nedeed

Ennas out///:applejackconfused:

:flutterrage: give me MOAR!!!!!!!!

102167 good one Luna!

The plot thickens, but the interest is slipping. You're all over the place dude. Fix yo' s:rainbowlaugh:t.

(referencing chapter one, note my comment)

Aw man, I can't wait for more!:twilightblush::heart::eeyup:

Aw man, I can't wait for more!:twilightblush::heart::eeyup:86909 Smut? no, sput!

102167 good one Luna!

Are you ever gonna finish?

You have yet to add chapter 3 :fluttercry:

I must ask... are there plans for a chapter 3?

Wow, 27 weeks and chapter three hasn't come out, when it only took 4 days for chapter two...

Where is my chapter 3?!:flutterrage::flutterrage:

:facehoof:
Really Rarity?

:twilightsmile: Rarity, have you ever gone out with a stallion?
:raritywink: Thousands of times!
:twilightoops: ...
:raritydespair: ...That doesn't make me sound too good, does it?

Rarity and Macintosh? Hmm, I can't see that one happening, Rarity doesn't seem to have much interest in the rustic type, which is also why I don't believe in Rarity x Applejack :applejackconfused:

Login or register to comment