• Published 27th Jun 2017
  • 2,029 Views, 48 Comments

Kindness and Loyalty - frenettek314



Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy decide to take care of Scootaloo after discovering she has no family. There will be laughter and tears as the three ponies discover more about each other.

  • ...
2
 48
 2,029

Chapter 10: The Best Unexpected Mother

Author's Note:

Surprise! I'm back and ready to update! I've been meaning to get back to writing more but fear and uncertainty always pushed me back, but now with more maturity and independent practice at writing, I feel is the perfect time to march back into the storm so to speak (especially seeing how 2020 has been....yeesh.)

This is my first attempt at a really big chapter so I hope this goes over well. This is intended to be quite the emotional chapter so get ready!

The hushed whispers and excited giggles of several fillies could be heard emitting from the insides of the Ponyville School Building - widespread chatter between friends whether it be something interesting they saw, regarding the school day so far, or even making plans for the weekend ahead, filled the classroom before a single, yet authoritative voice ceased any and all previous discussions.

"Alright class, settle down." instructed Miss Cheerilee who made sure not to sense any resistance or rebuttals before continuing. "Seeing as it's Mother's Day soon, I thought I'd give everypony the chance to make cards for their mothers and grandmothers! Go on and gather some supplies from the arts and crafts bin and feel free to get started" she beamed, before proceeding to sit back down at her usual desk.

As the fillies began to gather the various materials needed for their beloved cards - Scootaloo quickly joined Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom at a nearby corner of their room so that they could all work together on their assignment.

Apple Bloom, in the midst of folding a piece of red paper with her hooves began to awe in delight. "This is great" she said, "Ah can't wait to give ah card to Applejack... oh! and one for Granny Smith too" she proclaimed before focusing her attention once again on her craft. With the subject of her absent parents, Apple Bloom used to dread the celebration of Mother's Day, longing for the chance to actually remember her mother and celebrate with her - over the years though, that dread turned into acceptance as she realized that her sister and granny were practically the best mother figures she could ever ask for, seeing as they always managed to care and raise for her (and she had two mother figures - bonus!).

Meanwhile, Sweetie Belle began to labor over the perfect card for her beloved sister Rarity, who was nothing short of a mother figure herself seeing as how her actual parents left her in Rarity's care 90% of the time while they pursued their careers in the hustle and bustle of Manehatten. Similarly to Apple Bloom, Sweetie used to dread the beloved holiday until she began to realize Rarity was always there for her- even in the busiest of fashion seasons and custom design orders.

Scootaloo began to work on her card for Rainbow Dash (the coolest care-taker ever) as she glanced over at Sweetie's work before stopping in hesitation.

"Uh... you sure you have enough glitter on there?" she jokingly teased her marefriend as the card looked to be more made out of sparkles and glue than the typical paper variety.

"What?" Sweetie questioned innocently, "Rarity loves shiny things, trust me. Her work room is so bright, the neighbors 2 miles over make complaints"

Scootaloo couldn't argue with the fact that Rarity's obsession with beauty and shiny often coincided to sometimes disturbing degrees so she left her questioning at that before resuming her present for Rainbow.

Apple Bloom upon noticing Scootaloo's work - a blue card with rainbow streaks horizontally at the bottom of the card- marveled at the card's design that seemed to accurately resemble it's attended receiver. "That looks great, Scoot" Applebloom marveled. "Rainbow will love it.... so what do you plan on doing for Fluttershy?" she asked curiously.

Scootaloo, upon the mentioning of her mother figure froze from her card and looked at the room nervously before addressing her friend, "I... I'm not sure if I'm giving Fluttershy a card..." she responded hesitantly.

Sweetie's head perked up at the response with a trivial tilt to the head as she gazed at the orange pegasus filly in a confused and concerned manner. "Why not? Fluttershy's technically your mother too. She loves you very much."

At this, the pegasus in question rubbed the back of her head with her hoof before she began her explanation to her 2 now invested best friends. "Well, you see... things have been quite different at home recently..."


Cue Flashback Sequence



It's been several months (story canon-wise) since the two older pegasi took in a grateful Scootaloo from the cold and lonely space that was the CMC Clubhouse. Scoots herself couldn't have been more appreciative to finally have had a family after years of misery and neglect from orphanages and her following isolation as she loved both Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash very much, but lately in the last few weeks, Fluttershy began to get on the growing energetic filly's nerves.

The shy and quiet pegasus always seemed to be worried about what she was up to, making sure she was in perfect health and following her instructions as a parental figure. For the first few months, Scoots didn't mind the sometimes "bossy" and "controlling" mother, seeing as she was just happy to have someone there for her.

In the past few weeks however, Scoots began to take notice and she did not like it. In fact, her concerns only seemed to get worse. From "Don't go where we can't see you", to "Make sure I know what you're doing", to even "Just making sure you're safe", her overbearing nature was a verbal form of torture to the adventurous and adrenaline junkie that she was. Rainbow Dash understood her style more - as long as she was home and safe and didn't do anything stupid, that was fine with her; but the other parent in the house was the opposite of the two extroverted ponies and Scootaloo began to wonder if she would even be able to leave the cottage soon with a nervous and sometimes dramatic pegasus that Fluttershy was.


End of Flashback Sequence


As Scootaloo finished recapping her thoughts she sighed in frustration before muttering, "Sometimes I don't even know why Fluttershy agreed to bring me in" much to the shock of the other two fillies.

"Scoots, don't say that" reasoned Apple Bloom. "Ah know what family is like, and ah can tell you that Fluttershy loves you like her own".

Scootaloo could only snort in annoyance, "Pffft. Yeah. Sometimes I think the only reason she said 'yes' was to make Rainbow Dash happy. She probably assumed that I would be easy to take care of like one of her animals" she quoted dejectedly before sighing with a downcast look on her face.

"Scoots..." Sweetie whispered softly, worry and concern etched into her face, "She would never do that" she began to state, before she was silenced by a rather frustrated voice.

"I don't want to talk about it. Let's just work on these cards" said Scootaloo as a soft glare and a frown indicated on her muzzle told her friends that this conversation was over and there was no way around it.


Later, as School is ending:



The three fillies proceeded to complete their Mother's Day cards with the rest of their class in a rather awkward silence, seeing as Scootaloo most likely needed time to cool off and focus on her thoughts. Then, the school bell began to ring, indicating that it was the end of another school day. As the fillies rushed to the exit like a herd of stampeding cattle, they could hear Cheerilee reminding the class of their homework due tomorrow (though sometimes this effort proved to be fruitless seeing as the fillies were distracted with the idea of freedom over academic studies).

As the trio exited the schoolhouse, Apple Bloom decided to initiate their daily after-school discussions first. "So, ya guys want to do smoethin' before dinner?" she asked while glancing to check the reaction of the purple-maned filly who seemed to have progressed to a neutral, thoughtful expression over anything else.

"We could go check out the hill on the other side of town for a while and hang there for a little bit" offered Sweetie Belle, also curious to see what their friend would do in regards to their offering.

As Scoots perked up upon the idea with glee for the first time since the 'Mother's Day Cards', she suddenly remembered an important detail that brought to her attention this morning before leaving for school.

"Oh and Scoots dear, please make sure you're home by 5 for dinner" Fluttershy's voice echoed.

Scootaloo checked a nearby clock to see that it was already approaching 3:30 and seeing as venturing all the way to the other side of town was quite a walk, she was about to decline the offer before another voice popped in her head, "So what if you're a little late, she'll live". Scootaloo quickly smirked upon the idea of seeking out a little bit of freedom from Fluttershy's constant rules and decided to tag along. "Let's do it" she said as they ventured out to the outskirts of Ponyville.


Later, 5:38 PM at Fluttershy's Cottage:




Fluttershy was quickly seen pacing around the dining room of her comfortable little home, her hooves shaking in worry as she wondered where her precious little Scootaloo was. True, she did begin panicking at 5:01, which was seen as an overreaction by the more laid-back pony that was Rainbow Dash. but as the minutes slowly began adding up, Rainbow soon was met with the same amounts of concern and worry that plagued her marefriend as they both began to wonder what was keeping their daughter from the dinner table.

"This isn't like her" Rainbow pondered out loud. "She's usually home with plenty of time to spare."

As that statement exited her marefriend's lips, Fluttershy soon began to perk up as she began her quiet version of what was considered 'hyper-ventilating'. "What if she's lost somewhere and can't find her way home? What if she's trapped somewhere? What if..." Fluttershy breathed quickly as tears began swelling up in her eyes and her hooves were soon wobbling uncontrollably like a batch of Pinkie Pie's gelatin. Rainbow soon rushed by her side, trying to calm down her soon-to-be wife from an upcoming panic attack when suddenly, like an answer to a silent prayer, the door to the cottage was suddenly thrust open.

Behind said door being opened revealed to be an upset Applejack and Rarity who could be seen glaring at three ashamed fillies who seemed to find the ground of the cottage more appealing that the angry glances of the older ponies... wait? Three fillies?!

"Scootaloo!!" exclaimed both pegasi as they both leapt forward to the door with relieved tears in their eyes in order to bring their daughter close to them again.

However, relief was soon replaced by another emotion that proved to be far more relevant upon the discovery of their late daughter's arrival, and boy was it a prevalent emotion: anger.

"Scoots, where in Celestia were you?!" spoke Rainbow with a sharp edge to her tone, clearly not happy with the filly's tardiness.

Scootaloo however, wasn't deterred as she looked up to the cyan pegasus with quite a bit of anger and frustration displayed as well before replying, "We just went to the peak on the other side of town. It was no big deal" she retaliated, appearing frustrated that all the adults seemed to be making a mountain of a mole-hill so to speak. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle however wisely chosen to remain silent as they were consumed by the guilt of their actions. What was meant to be a quick trip, turned into a longer experience upon Scootaloo's insistence while the two other fillies felt shame for not opposing the now apparent bad idea in the first place.

Applejack and Rarity both scoffed at the little pegasus's brash attitude as they both glared at her disapprovingly.

"It is a big deal when all three of ya were supposed to be home a long time before we found y'all!" harrumphed the tempered Apple farmer.

"Indeed. After hearing your story, you deliberately disobeyed your orders unbeknownst to our sisters. Not that these two shouldn't have spoken up for themselves, seeing as they also know better" scowled the white unicorn in her 'regal' dialect that managed to do a surprisingly good job at conveying her anger.

"Scoots? Is this true?!" interrogated Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy quickly behind her glaring and shaking her head in a severely disappointed fashion.

Scootaloo however failed to keep her anger in check as she proceeded to begin realizing her pent up frustrations at her guardians. "I don't see what the big deal is. It was just one time and I'm usually home shortly home after school anyways!"

"Scootaloo! That's not the point!" exclaimed Fluttershy, finally deciding to speak up in regards to the filly's behavior. Everypony who knows Fluttershy knows that she is quite capable of having a temper that could rival even the likes of Applejack and Rainbow Dash, but everypony also knows that she has successfully become much more confident and assertive in recent years, which also meant a greater chance of her frustrations unleashed. "The point..." Fluttershy marched up to the filly, jabbing a hoof towards her chest disgusted with the youngster's back-talk towards adults "...is that you were asked to be home at a certain time, and you knowingly went against our instructions!! Now, you need to apologize to Applejack and Rarity for making them drop you off before heading upstairs where we will be discussing your punishment!"

Scootaloo however, didn't take her scolding lightly. "Punishment?! That's not fair! I do everything you ask me to do and the one time something happens, all the sudden I'm a bad pony?!" she exclaimed back to the normally timid mare.

Unbeknownst to Scootaloo, this made Fluttershy more frustrated. "Scootaloo!!! You still did something we told you not to do! This is not up for discussion! Upstairs! Now!"

This proved to be the tipping point for Scootaloo however, as she finally released all her anger and tension over the last few weeks directly to the source, "Whatever! You're not my real Mom anyways!!" she roared with fresh tears welling up in her eyes before panting in exhaustion.

As soon as those words left Scootaloo's mouth, the room filled with a collection of gasps from everypony, not expecting the young filly to deliver such a sentence directed towards the animal caretaker. Soon, the room was filled with a deathly silence, one could hear a pin drop clear as day should anyone attempt to in the tense atmosphere of the cottage - heck, even some of Fluttershy's animals outside just paused and stood in shock at what was said.

Fluttershy, upon feeling the impact of those words, slowly felt tears sting in her eyes and she quickly placed a hoof over her chest, feeling her heart cracked into several pieces.

Surprisingly to everyone, before one of the adults could respond, Sweetie went up next to a choking Scootaloo before placing her hoof on the pegasus's shoulder "Scoots, I know you're frustrated, but please don't. Please stop" she spoke, fearing what was going to come out next if the filly weren't stopped right now.

Unfortunately for everypony there in addition to Sweetie Belle, those words managed to fall on deaf ears as Scootaloo delivered the final blow in her anger-induced tirade:

"I bet you didn't even want me anyways! You probably just agreed to make Rainbow happy! Sorry I'm not one of your animals who'll mindlessly obey you everyday!"

As those words were finally delivered to their target, Fluttershy could instantly feel her shattered heart pieces evaporate into dust before disintegrating as she began openly sobbing before sprinting upstairs and slamming her bedroom door shut with a "thud".

Now the others have all seen Fluttershy cry before, but never like this. These weren't the same tears shed when an animal of hers got sick or she worried a good friend wasn't speaking to her; all the ponies saw her face before she fled and while the loud, choking sobs were a good indicator this wasn't 'Normal Upset Fluttershy', the look on her face was what sealed the deal. The shrinking of her irises into tiny specks combined with the quite loud sniffling of her muzzle and vocal cords told everyone that she was devastated at what was said. Everypony froze in continued shock long after the pegasus left, they have never seen their friend look so heartbroken in all their lives - even Scootaloo who caused said heartbreak could only stutter and gasp in shock as she realized how hard those words had hit the kind mare.

Finally after what seemed like an eternity, one more shock was delivered to the room as Rainbow approached Scootaloo more akin to prey than a mother did to her daughter, even the slow retreat of Applejack would admit she had never seen the athletic pony so angry in all her contests and rivalries with the pegasus. Before Scootaloo knew what hit her, an avalanche erupted that sent the filly to her room with no drawback in sight.

"UPSTAIRS! NOW!"


Later that evening, in Scootaloo's room:




As Scootaloo sat hunched over at the corner of her bed, she could only think quite frustratingly, "Stupid Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash! Who do they think I am? Acting like I'm some form of monster just because I want a little freedom"

But as Scootaloo continued to let her thoughts wander, she slowly began to think as her brows rose from their angered position.

"But should I have been so hard on Fluttershy? I've never seen her that upset..."

As her thoughts continued trailing off, she almost failed to see the cyan mare that began entering her room and joining her by the foot of her bed. Upon closer inspection of the older pegasus's face, she appeared to still be quite disappointed and frustrated with the filly but... surprisingly not too much traces of anger on her muzzle, especially when compared to the fury she had possessed earlier when sending her to her room.

There was a brief pause in silence before Rainbow sighed and looked at Scootaloo with a firm, yet even stance. "Scootaloo, what you did.... what you said was wrong, like really wrong. Like 'Rarity's Facebook by frenettek314' wrong" she pondered. Before Scootaloo has the chance to object, Rainbow motioned with a hoof for her to stop before continuing on with her lecture.

"I realize now that you were upset by Fluttershy constantly watching and worrying about you, but that doesn't excuse any of your behavior. You should've talked with us about this in a calm manner if you had a problem with it instead of disobeying us and yelling like that. We're reasonable ponies and if you ever have a problem, you should know that we're more than willing to listen if you ask to talk to us about it." she spoke in a very mature tone of voice - a surprising contrast from how she casually engaged in conversation.

As Scootaloo processed Rainbow's rather wise-words, she realized that her frustrations were handled extremely poorly. She could've just asked them about it, but instead she let it bottle up until it was ready to explode. That was the sole reason why she did what she did and was in this mess. Scootaloo, guilt finally entering her body found herself unable to say anything so she only looked up at Rainbow with a sad nod of understanding.

Rainbow, seeing Scootaloo realized her errors, nodded her head back in communication before she found her expression darken once again as she spoke "But, that's not the only reason why I'm up here..."

Scootaloo could only look at her adopted mother with confusion before the rainbow pegasus elaborated further.

"You made Fluttershy really upset. She still hasn't let me in to the bedroom yet and she's still bawling. I've never seen her this bad before" Rainbow grimaced as she stared at Scootaloo with all the seriousness of the world- the likes of which could put Princess Celestia's regal appearance to shame.

"I...I did?" Scootaloo squeaked out before Rainbow put a reassuring hoof on the filly's shoulder.

"She loves you kid" Rainbow responded matter of factly, with a hint of sadness in her tone. "She loves you like you're her own flesh and blood".

That sentence alone made Scootaloo whip her head around, eyeing Rainbow with a look of surprise and bewilderment. "Sh...she does?" Scootaloo whispered in startling revelation, the likes in which she worried Rainbow didn't even hear her.

Thankfully, the older pegasus seemed to get the message as she looked at the filly with one eyebrow raised. "Is.. is that why you said what you said?"

Scootaloo, out of slight fear of how Rainbow would react, silently nodded her head before being prodded to continue her explanation, "Yeah... It's just she's been so hard on the rules and stuff lately and... I knew you were the one who decided to adopt me and everything...and I just figured she wasn't the type to want children with all her animals..." she hesitated as she gradually felt more shame piling on top of her like a block tower on the verge of collapsing.

Surprisingly though, Rainbow nodded in what appeared to be understanding. "I get that she's definitely more worried and uptight than someone like me, but in all honesty, I think she may be the better parent than me, kid. She's always on top of you because she's worried you'll get hurt or something will happen to you - that's how she shows she really cares about you."

At that confession, Scootaloo felt herself ready to begin bawling again as she no longer held any resentment towards the Element of Kindness. "I've got to apologize" she proclaimed as she attempted to run out of her room, before she was stopped once again by Rainbow.

"Scoots, now's not a good time. I get you feel bad but I think you need to take the time and think about why you feel bad". Before she could ask what that meant, Rainbow again spoke up, "Take the time to think about how much she means to you. I think it'll make things clearer" Rainbow reasoned before walking up to her child again, this time with the worry and concern of a mother.

"And even though what you did was not cool in the slightest... I still love you. No matter what" she finished with a small smile as she hugged the now choked up filly in her grip for a good few minutes before leaving her alone again with her thoughts. Before she left the room however, she uttered one final sentence with a small smirk on an otherwise deadpan and authoritative stance.

"Oh. By the way, you're grounded for two weeks. Starting tomorrow, you're immediately coming home from school" she declared before wishing her a good night.

"What she really means to me..." Scootaloo thought before exhaustion from today's events caught up to her, forcing her into a secure state of slumber.


The Next Morning:




As Scootaloo awoke to the sounds of birds chirping and a cast of sunlight shining directly upon her, inviting her to wake up, she soon rose from her slumber, seemingly having forgotten about the previous evening's events before what caught her attention downstairs served as a devastating reminder as to what she had done.

In the kitchen, slowly making breakfast and feeding her animals was what appeared to be Fluttershy. However in contrast to what was commonly known as Fluttershy stood a mare with her hair all disheveled, her eyes red and puffy, her muzzle continuing to sniffle in udder sadness, but what was perhaps most surprising was her expression. While Scootaloo was expecting the pegasus to still be sad or perhaps even angry at her was instead wearing a firm frown on her face, her lips constantly quivering, as she looked like she was ready to break down again any second. Scootaloo couldn't bear to watch, as Fluttershy didn't look upset, she looked completely depressed and she knew it was all her fault.

Then Scootaloo proceeded to notice Rainbow sitting at the dining-room table with what looked to be the biggest pity expression ever seen in Equestria - her body yearning to hug and comfort her marefriend yet also worried of crumbling her broken form like a clay sculpture.

Scootaloo debated just running out the door and never looking back, but instead decided on a more rational decision and made her way to the dining-room where she awkwardly attempted to create a warm and inviting hello for the mare she completely destroyed.

"Morning Fluttershy, Morning Rainbow" Scootaloo whispered meekly, never having felt more embarrassed upon barging in ever in her life.

"Morning, kid" Rainbow sighed softly before wrapping the filly in a hug.

"...morning..." Fluttershy quietly mumbled all while sniffling softly as her form slowly retreated outside to the backyard.

Rainbow could only wince in sympathy as she heard the door outside slowly creak closed.

"Here, kid. Better take your breakfast on your way. Remember, you have to be home directly after school" she chastised before sending the now-heartbroken Scootaloo on her way to school.


At School:



Scootaloo entered the schoolhouse to find her friends waiting her in the back where they all usually sat. The two friends appeared to have been worrying over how Scootaloo was going to be today, and right to their worries, she looked miserable. Was it because of being grounded? No, especially when considering Apple Bloom got 3 weeks punishment whereas the others only got 2. Was it because Rainbow yelled at her? Possibly, but Scoots has been through much worse so it probably wasn't that. After the initial hello's and apologizes, as class started, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle began silently wondering what was wrong with the orange filly seated before them.

Meanwhile, as Ms. Cheerilee began going on boring tangents about how the pythagorean theorem was important and finding the degrees of a triangle, and other stuff Scootaloo could care less about, she began once again thinking about what Rainbow had said the previous night.


"Take the time to think about how much she means to you"


As Scootaloo tried desperately to figure out what Rainbow meant, she suddenly found herself thinking more and more about Fluttershy, before a new wave of thoughts hopped metaphorically right in front of her.

"Fluttershy! She... she does a lot for me":

She always lets me help her with the animals

She stays up with me whenever I have a nightmare

She will always play games with me whenever Rainbow's not around

She comforts me whenever I'm upset or scared, no matter how long

She lets me fly on her back

She'll always give the best hugs no matter what (especially when I need them)

As the memories began overwhelming Scootaloo to the point of almost openly tearing up in the classroom (and you do not want to be the filly that cries over acute angles), the final nail in the coffin hit. What Rainbow said.

"She loves you like you're her own flesh and blood".

Scootaloo silently gasped in shock upon realization.

She loves me. And I love her.

And I know just what to do.


To say they were surprised by Scootaloo's plan was an understatement, but upon hearing her idea, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and even Ms. Cheerilee (after a recap of events) all agreed they thought it was a wonderful idea. Even if it took away a whole recess period away from her (those colts were lucky she wasn't queen of the dodgeball court for once), Scootaloo felt more than confident on what she was doing and having multiple ponies back her up certainly helped. At the end of the school day, Scootaloo happily waved her friends goodbye before racing her way home, the fastest she had ever gone but she didn't care. Not when it was for her.

Upon opening the door to the familiar cottage (albeit on better terms as opposed to yesterday), Scootaloo quickly found Rainbow sitting in one of the recliners, next to the saddened shy pegasus appearing quite lifeless on the big couch next to her.

"Hey Scoots. Good, you're home." Rainbow announced, obviously more pleased with her behavior today.

"Yep" Scootaloo pridefully exclaimed before focusing her attention to Fluttershy, who still had her back turned away from her. Scootaloo quickly took a deep breath in before making her way over to the yellow pony.

"Fluttershy" Scootaloo began, before casting her eyes downward in a truly apologetic position, "I wanted to apologize for my behavior to you yesterday. I was frustrated by your constant worrying that I took that as an excuse to disobey and yell at you. But that wasn't right of me to do. If it was bothering me, I should've talked to you instead of lashing out like that."

Upon hearing this, Fluttershy (whose eyes were still puffy and red and was still sniffling) turned around to look at her with a look of concern flashing over her depressive appearance. "Oh, sweetie. It.. it's okay. You didn'..." before she was cut off by a teary eyed Scootaloo.

"It's not ok. I should've realized you pestered me because you loved me. Instead, I took that as an opposite meaning." she announced dejectedly, Fluttershy surprised by Scootaloo's own admittance on the matter.

"And.." Scootaloo continued, "I know it's not Mother's Day yet, but I want you to have this.." she said as she handed Fluttershy a beautiful pink card with butterflies on the front, effort obviously put well into this before Fluttershy proceeded to open her card and gasp upon what was inside.


(*Author's Note: I'm daring all of you to read the following letter with this audio on constant loop*)




Mom,

Recently I got very upset with you. I said you didn't love me and only took me in because I thought I'd be another animal, but I was wrong all this time. As soon as I began to think about it, I realized just how much you've done for me. You not only took me in, but you gave me love, happiness, and most of all - kindness. Three things I never had in my life before you became my Mom.

Even before then, the day that I met you, you were the friendliest and kindest pony I've ever met - and at the time I was baffled as to why you were so nice to me when the world seemed to give me despair before. I always looked up to you from that moment on, hoping that I could become as beautiful and kind as the pegasus on the edge of Ponyville. I know I've always admitted to looking up to Rainbow Dash, but whenever it came to personality, you were my inspiration.

And ever since you and Rainbow took me in, I got to experience more of what an amazing pony you are. You always gave me the best hugs even when I wouldn't ask, you prepare the best food this side of Equestria, and you even encourage me at my lowest points to get up and keep trying. You always know how to make me smile (No offense, Pinkie) and you always offer me guidance whenever I have a problem.

These past few months have been the best of my life and it's thanks largely in part to you. I can now tell ponies one of my moms is the smartest, kindest, and beautiful ponies in all of Equestria... that is, if you still want to be my Mom.

I'm sorry for accusing you, Mom. I realize now that I should've never said any of those things. I hurt you so badly and it makes me miserable seeing you so upset. You don't have to forgive me or be my Mom again if you don't want to, but I promise I'll always listen to you and talk things out before bottling them up.

I love you, Mom.


Love,

Scootaloo


Fluttershy began openly sobbing halfway through the well-written card (which was hoofwritten by Cheerilee's excellent small writing, which is how all that fit in the card), and as she read more and more of it, she found herself crying even more. Scootaloo, at first, was nervous that the plan failed. Was this too much too soon? Should she have chosen different words?

But as soon as Fluttershy finally finished the card, she looked up at Scootaloo and proceeded to literally leap of her seat and envelop the filly in a bone crushing hug as she cried in what was revealed to be tears of joy. As soon as her mother's soft wings touched Scootaloo's coat, she found herself to become overwhelmed with emotions as well as tears freely flowed onto Fluttershy's back.

Rainbow, from a distance away was even choking up as she found the two loves of her life finally making up to be the most adorable thing ever (She'd never admit it though.)

"I'm so sorry" Scootaloo choked up. "I'm sorry, Mom. Can you forgive me?"

At that desperate plea, Fluttershy ended her hug to stare directly into her daughter's eyes, wiping away the stray tears with the tips of her wing.

"I already have. I love you so much, my Scootaloo. I never thought I'd have a child, but you're the best daughter I could ever hope for" she openly admitted before returning the deep, soft embrace one more time.

"And I'll always love you"


As Rainbow finally joined in the hug as well, the two mothers and their daughter became the strongest bond in Equestria. The bond of a family's love. And they would always be together forever, no matter what.


Epilogue



As Pinkie Pie watched the heartwarming scene of the three pegasi from one of the remote windows of Fluttershy's cottage, the party pony soon came to an incredible realization, in fact it was so shocking, she almost gasped loud enough for the three to hear:

"frenettek314 actually wrote a good chapter of something? He actually wrote something good?!"


At that realization, Pinkie slowly trotted away from the cottage before squealing in delight, party streamers and balloons spontaneously appearing out of nowhere, as she began dancing around and celebrating.

"And it only took him 4 years!"

Comments ( 7 )

Does that Epilouge at the end mean the story is over?

10288072
You know, I'm not sure when this would be "officially over". I've just been updating very rarely but I'll try to update more frequently if I can.

10288077
Okay, was just curious is all

10288077
If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you didn't make this story last forever.

( More chapters will be updated in the future.)

Doesn't that go without saying?

10288134
If you ever DO want a story that lasts forever, I possess a tale taught for generations:

Click if you dare

Man it was really good especially that letter (with that music it really worked :yay:)
One question
it was the end or will you still continue this ? (it still says ,,incomplete" so im not sure)

I'm glad that I read this fan fiction to the end, I really liked it. I would also like to see similar fan fiction, and the most important thing I wanted was to see with my own eyes how these three live life as a family. So thank you for writing such a story.

Login or register to comment