• Published 27th Jun 2017
  • 2,020 Views, 48 Comments

Kindness and Loyalty - frenettek314



Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy decide to take care of Scootaloo after discovering she has no family. There will be laughter and tears as the three ponies discover more about each other.

  • ...
2
 48
 2,020

Chapter 1: You Can't Do This On Your Own

Kindness and Loyalty

Written by: frenettek314


It was a glorious winter evening in the town of Ponyville. Most ponies were inside their cozy homes bundled up next to a cozy fire. Two pegasi in a cottage near the Everfree Forest were no exception. Sitting on a fluffy green sofa inside a wooden interior were two ponies who were best friends ever since their childhood days at pegasi flight school in Cloudsdale. The more extroverted Pegasus with the cyan coat and the prismatic mane was none other than the speed demon, Rainbow Dash. Bundled up next to her, was the more reserved and introverted of the two, Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were actually starting to become more than friends. It all started a year or so ago where Rainbow Dash nervously asked Fluttershy for a date; the pink-maned Pegasus was shocked to say the least as she never saw the usually confident mare to be so timid, nevertheless, Fluttershy accepted the request and the two besties turned lovers have been almost inseparable ever since.

Currently, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy resided in Fluttershy's living room right alongside the fire place and were discussing plans for tomorrow.

"I suppose I've got nothing to do tomorrow considering the big snow storm that's supposed to hit tonight. What about you, Dash?" Fluttershy kindly asked.

"Well...... the squirt has been wanting to do something with me, maybe we could hang out tomorrow." Rainbow Dash replied.

The "squirt" in question was Rainbow Dash's number one fan and "little sister" Scootaloo. Despite her inability to fly, Scootaloo was always optimistic and eager to dive out and explore the world. Rainbow Dash admired her eager attitude and as such was always willing to spend time with the young filly as much as she could.

" Oh that's a lovely idea!" remarked Fluttershy. " Maybe you should let Scootaloo's parents know ahead of time due to the severe snowstorm that's headed for Ponyville tomorrow."

" Yeah! I should let them...." Rainbow Dash then suddenly paused as she thought to herself: 'Wait..... Have I ever met Scootaloo's parents? I never see them at any school events or anything......' Rainbow Dash's smile immediately faltered as she realized of the seeming absence of the young filly's parents. Fluttershy immediately recognized the change in Rainbow Dash's demeanor as she quickly tried to save face.

" I'm.... sure they just work a lot..." Fluttershy said with a hint of skepticism herself in her voice.

Rainbow Dash shrugged off her previous thoughts as her confidence grew back. " Yeah. I'm sure the squirt's still playing with her friends. I'll just walk her home and ask her parents then."

With that said, Rainbow Dash immediately flew out of the cozy cabin and headed for Sweet Apple Acres where Scootaloo and her friends were always seen doing some new crazy activity or whatnot.


Meanwhile at Sweet Apple Acres.......


Scootaloo and her two friends were sitting in the official CMC clubhouse discussing when they would meet next. There was the leader of the group, the confident, young cowpony named Apple Bloom, and the smart and talented unicorn by the name of Sweetie Belle.

All of a sudden, the three young fillies heard a sonic burst of sound and light coming rapidly towards the treehouse, the three instantly recognizing at as the flying of the town weatherpony, Rainbow Dash. Scootaloo was easily the most excited to see Rainbow Dash as she cast a grin the size of a mountain as Rainbow Dash approached the trio.

" Rainbow Dash!!!" the orange Pegasus exclaimed. " What are you doing here?"

" Well, seeing as there is a big snowstorm tomorrow and mostly everypony will be inside, I figured that we could take this opportunity to bond or whatever sappy ponies call it these days."

"That sounds awesome!!!!" the young filly spoke with glee.

"Great and seeing as it's already getting late, I figured I could walk you home to ask your parents for permission."

With that response from the cyan Pegasus, the treehouse came to an alarming silence as Scootaloo's wide-cast smile suddenly turned to a look of fear. Her eyes grew to the size of golf balls and she started stuttering to the notice of everypony else.

"M...my....parents??!" Scootaloo managed to get out with sweat dropping down her face.

Another huge pause came as everypony was curious as to why the young Pegasus hadn't come up with a more expected reply.

"Scoots.... ah you ok?" Apple Bloom asked with great concern to her friend's nervous-like state.

Scootaloo tried to save face as she tried to smile a believable smile, " Uh...yeah. You don't need to walk me home.... My parents will say yes no problem."

" Well, I would still like to ask and meet these ponies." Rainbow Dash quickly replied with a look of confusion, concern, and impatience.

" I'll ask for you. Honest, I'll head straight home."

" Scoots. I'm going to walk home with you. End of story."

The young unicorn attempted at easing the tension in the room. " It's ok, Scootaloo. Rainbow Dash just wants to ask your parents for permission, no big deal." Sweetie Belle spoke in a kind and nurturing tone.

Scootaloo grew angry with the fact that her friends were so persistent with her family life. "I said I'll ask!!!! Leave me alone!!!!!!!"

Rainbow Dash cast the filly stern glare in response to her sudden outburst. " Scoots. I'M TAKING YOU HOME NOW!!! END OF DISC-----"

" I DON'T EVEN HAVE PARENTS!!! I'VE BEEN AN ORPHAN ALL MY LIFE!!!! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?!?!?!? HAPPY TO KNOW NO PONY HAS EVER LOVED ME!!! CAN YOU LEAVE ME ALONE NOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" Scootaloo interrupted the rainbow-maned Pegasus with a mighty roar before bursting into tears on the clubhouse floor.

The three other ponies, Mare and Fillies alike sat there on their haunches in utter disbelief as to what they have just witnessed. Not a word was spoken for another ten minutes as even the usually confident Rainbow Dash sat there with a look of shock and sympathy in her eyes. Sweetie Belle was the first to speak with uncertainty in her voice, hoping what Scootaloo said wasn't true.

"Scoots.... What do you mean no parents???"

Scootaloo got up off the floor and spoke with tears in her eyes, " I never had parents. I lived in an orphanage until I ran away after becoming friends with you and moved into the clubhouse when we started inhabiting it."

Apple Bloom shook with distraught after hearing this, " You've....been living in this clubhouse.... ever since.... even in the winter??" she asked with incredulous disbelief.

Scootaloo nodded her head in shame. she wasn't proud of it but it's what kept her alive.

To the fillies' surprise. Rainbow Dash spoke in an unusually timid and fearful voice, one that showed she was quite upset which the Pegasus never liked to showcase in public.

"......w---why?? Why did you never tell me?? I could've helped you! You never had to be on your own! I could've...."

" Because I never wanted anyone to know. I figured you all wouldn't want anything to do with me if you found out." Scootaloo interrupted.

Rainbow Dash suddenly stomped her hoof on the clubhouse floor, " DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT!!! I LOVE YOU AND I ALWAYS WILL!!! NO PONY WOULD EVER ABANDON YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE AN ORPHAN! SO STOP THINKING SUCH IDIOTIC THINGS!!" Rainbow exclaimed.

Scootaloo immediately flinched and Rainbow realized her tone was much louder than what she intended. Rainbow spoke from her emotions and forgot that Scootaloo needed comfort at that particular moment.

" Squirt..er.. Scoot, I want to help you, I promise. I was just angry that you would think I or your friends for that matter would betray you, We love you." Rainbow spoke in a motherly tone.

" We would never. Ah will always be here for ya." Apple Bloom assured

" You could've always lived with me and Rarity. She would've understood." Sweetie Belle agreed.

Rainbow smiled upon hearing the reassuring statements from Scootaloo's friends in an attempt to comfort you. Then Rainbow grew a serious expression as she realized what she needed to do. ' God bless this filly' she thought. ' How can she always be so cheerful and happy?' ' Well, regardless, That's all about to change.'

" Come on Scoots. I'm taking you home before the storm hits."

Scootaloo grew confused and the tears stopped to reply in confusion, " But, Rainbow, I just told you I don't have a family or a home."

Rainbow transformed into her usual self as she replied with a smirk, " Your NEW home. With me and Fluttershy. You'll have two ponies who'll love you very much and you'll never be alone. You can't....you don't have to do this on your own anymore."

Scootaloo immediately cast a smile that was just as big, if not bigger than the one that appeared before Rainbow showed up. " R...Really?"

" Of course. Fluttershy won't mind, I'm sure. Say goodbye to your friends for the night. You can all see each other after the storm is over." answered Rainbow Dash.

Scootaloo replied with a yawn and nodded, " Bye Girls."

As the two fillies watch the sister duo take off back to Fluttershy's cottage, they shared a warm smile as they knew Scootaloo would live much better than she has been.

" Good Night Scoots." both fillies replied in unison.

Author's Note:

This is my attempt at a " Scootalove" fanfic. I realize it's nowhere near as good as the other stories out there but I hope this is a satisfying read. This will also be my first story where I post new chapters when I can instead of a one-shot. As always, leave your opinions in the comment section below and thanks for reading.

- frenettek314