• Published 14th Jul 2017
  • 12,062 Views, 347 Comments

Balancing Forces - Scorpion1313



A cosplayer and fan of a certain anime sent to the magical land of Equestria, although it was very different from the show. Now as part of a very powerful clan he must not let his power blind him or he will follow the same path as a certain goddess.

Comments ( 52 )

loved this chapter, the only complaint i have is that it was to short for my liking.
and now i have to play the waiting game again for the next chapter, damn it.

i hope that the next chapter is a bit longer and soon, but i know better than to ask the impossible

Good chapter. I had a feeling it was all an illusion considering that not only was Shining Armor not present during the fight but also the fact that Kazuki was being outright reckless with his abilities which kinda sent some red flags.

they won't. cause the elements are civilians. plain and simple. most of them have no more education than the basics that all go thru. twilight is about the only one with ACTUAL higher education. none of them will last 5 seconds in combat

When is faust is going to join this party?

9635372
I believe Kazuki would give them some kind of trial similar when Discord confronted the Bearers in the canon. He is a sage, so he should have a test suitable for each level.

9635710
possible, and i can see that happening. but tia made it a point NOT to have twilight learn combat anything. physical, or magical. she KNOWS, some combat oriented spells...but they're multipurpose, so not solely combat based. concussive blast, shield... other than that? multipurpose.

9635750
Make me wonder the real reason Celestia didn't teach Twilight combat spell is to prevent her from overthrown her teacher in the future? Since it was something Celestia did to her own teacher.

NmB

You are by far my favorite author

9635795
true. even canon tia didn't teach her those things. her talent is 'magic', in and of itself. one would think combat magic counts. but this story' version? tia and luna had clear mistrust of their teacher after what they found (and misunderstood) the fact they didn't talk to him, or if they did, they didn't care to 'hear' what they were being told. ex: causing the death of their own mother cause they didn't stop to 'look' at the blood flow. but yea, this version would know how important twilight would be, an dhow powerful she'd get. it's likely she had that as a reason... but at the same time, look at the royal guard. in canon, the guard used to be 'able' bodied soldiers. now they're shelf decoration, despite celestia, who has seen war, still being around to teach/train the drill sergeants . i feel like this at the very least, would carry over to this story. how better to control the world you rule, if none of them actually know how to fight, or are so peaceful, they think pie throwing is a war.

9635870
Thus we see a knowledge opressing tyrant

9636026
canon is more of a combination of both. how few ponies do we know actively learning for fun, and not cause they have to pass school. starlight, twilight, sunset, sunburst...feel free to name more. there's daring do, who counts cause she's actually out there seeing the world. aside from these select few, ponies don't generally go out of their way to 'know or learn' beyond what their mark needs, or their job, if their mark isn't their job. they also know next to nothing of the land outside equestria, aside from 'it exists, and we have peace with them' but... meh...(note that beside shaving peace with them, none live in equestria aside from the few odd ones) and people wonder why they're skittish around new species

9636147
to be fair most cartoons are kinda creepy or mess when you think about them seriously:pinkiecrazy:

9636160
very true...

look like he try to see the test on princess and of course, it seem they didn't. but what will he do to the mare 6? also, what he has master plan for them and the equestria?

9636961
Its pronounced main 6 not mare 6 just letting you know

Please sir, may I have some more?

And now, a 2-4 week wait for the next chapter.

You never go cool retard never go there !!

Too bad, I found this when only the first part of the revelation happen... Good fic.

any idea when we can expect an update and new chapter?

9711468
Working on it. Might take a while since I'm focusing on another story at the moment.

This is gonna be good

this was a fun read hope to see more sometime soon.:twilightsmile:

9767919
It might take a while, read my most recent blog for more information.

Sorry:fluttershysad:

Comment posted by thedarkalicorn deleted Aug 15th, 2019

I simply love this story...
although I had to reread everything a second time because updates take their sweet time and after some time I forget what I already read...
But it is quite the fun story to read so I dont mind :D
I still wish to read the sisters reaction to Faust being alive and well after everything...
and when (hopefully a the same time) they meet theit darker counterparts.
great illusion in the last chapter like in the Naruto Manga

any idea when we can expect an update and new chapter?

9797471
Don't know, having a bit of a writer's block at the moment but I'm going to try to post sometime during the next month. No promises though, especially since I'm busy IRL with my Thesis.

Round 2. Fight!

any idea when we can expect an update and new chapter?

9899811
No, I'm kinda busy IRL with college and work. The free time i used to dedicate to writing is drastically reduced.

10006473
When will we see a new chapter?

NmB

10006473
Hey Scorpion what’s up, you on hiatus, suffering from writers block or busy with life?
BTW in a totally different note, does anyone know about a fic where someone is displace as discord preshow or in show? I think it would make for an interesting fic.

10098149
All three actually, the third one being the main reason.

Also, i think you are referring to this fic:

TChaos is Displaced. The Tale of Loki!
A displaced tale with a twist. Going as a character already in MLP.What could go wrong? Read and find out in this displaced with a twist.
Mega NewWays97 · 67k words  ·  841  110 · 26k views
NmB

10098270
Have I ever told you, you are my favorite author :)

!!!!Please give me more!!!!

any idea when we can expect an update and new chapter?

10382821
thank you for this clarification, it is both informative and interesting
I still wish for more because little snippets of information like this made me reread your story for the 4th or 5th time, never boring just really intellectual and highly informative about a lot of eastern culture...
I simply love you for your contribution on this site.
I am trying very hard to write in english I hope there are not that many mistakes.
Sincerly
J

10382821
So, because of the activity, can I safely assume that this story will be continued?
Wait nvm, I just scrolled 4 comments down.

Comment posted by KarasAdamas deleted Nov 6th, 2020

Can't wait for the next chapter, I'm loving this story.
Take all the time you need to finish your business, no need to rush, write when you feel like it. :)

Hope to see more

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IS THIS AWESOME STORY CANCELED?!?!?!?! *goes in the corner in the fetal position sucking on my thump while crying*

Login or register to comment