• Published 14th Mar 2017
  • 789 Views, 4 Comments

The Power Ponies and the Legend of the Two Sisters - Razor Blade the Unicron



Maretropolis is well known for all of the bad guys in it, but more so the superhero team that protects the city: the Power Ponies! The evil may be easy to keep at bay right now, but the Power Ponies are soon going to be dealing with the unimaginable.

  • ...
1
 4
 789

Matterhorn's Plan

Rainbow Storm looked around the large area that was the base of the Power Ponies in awe. There was training equipment, strange devices, and many books all neatly organized. Matterhorn was currently looking at the screen of a large computer, examining two images of the night sky.

"The stars moved!" she cried suddenly. "They've moving!"

"Sugarcube, stars don't move." said Mare-velous.

"Look at the pictures!" she pointed up at the screen. "One week ago, the stars were far enough away from the moon that you could clearly see each one. But now, they're partially next to it! Do you realize what this means?!?"

"That science is wrong?" asked Storm.

"What? No! It means that the legend is true! 'The stars will aid in her escape'! And they're moving closer to the moon to set the corrupted sister free!"

"Wait, so Lightning wasn't just saying that because she was delirious?" Storm's eyes widened. "Then somepony needs to stop the corrupted sister!"

"We need the Elements of Harmony, they can stop her!"

"The what?" asked Mare-velous.

"It says in the legend that the older sister used the Elements of Harmony to try and cleanse her sister, but they instead banished her to the moon. When the older sister returns, she will need them to use on the corrupted one!"

"Then where are the Elements?" asked Mare-velous. "We can go an' grab 'em before either sister returns and be all set!"

"It doesn't say in the legend!"

"So just ask somepony who would know where they are!"

"This legend is at least a thousand years old! Nopony will know where the Elements are, the best we can get is a hunch!"

"Lightning might know!" said Storm. "She had the vision, after all!"

"Is she awake?" asked Mare-velous.

"Still out cold!" called the dragon from the medical area.

"So what are we going to do?" asked Storm.

"I have a plan." said Matterhorn with a grin.

"Are ya talkin' about that idea you suggested to me earlier?" asked Mare-velous.

"Yes, yes I am. Since Lightning Dust is the only pony who knows where the Elements of Harmony are, all we can do is wait for her to wake up. But meanwhile, we'll need to hold back the corrupted sister so she doesn't hurt anyone. We'll need a whole team."

"I'm confused." stated Storm.

"Well, we're not the only ponies that have superpowers. Remember how I said you weren't a rogue one? We just need to find the rogue ones and have them help out."

"But we ain't gonna force nopony." said Mare-velous. "We're the good guys fer a reason."

"And I know who we're going to ask first." she turned towards Storm. "Rainbow Storm, would you like to join the Power Ponies?"

"Me?" asked Storm.

"Your necklace clearly has some sort of power. We could definitely use your help."

"Er..." Come on, Storm! Do it to protect Lightning! "Yes. I'll join."

Matterhorn smiled. "That's excellent. And since you're now a Power Pony, I can tell your our real names. I'm Snowfall Sparkle, but you may more commonly know me as Twilight Sparkle, inventor of the solar panel."

"You're Twilight Sparkle?!? The famous scientist?!?" cried Storm in surprise. "Oh my gosh, now that I realize it, it's so obvious!"

"That would be because of a spell I use. Unless you know my true name or see my cutie mark, you can't match me and the Masked Matterhorn together. I use the spell on everyone on our team."

"And Ah'm Jacqueline Apple." said Mare-velous. "Not that you'd know me, but it's best if ya know my name."

Storm nodded. "Cool."

"Spike!" called Snowfall. "Could you come out here please!"

"Sure thing!" responded the dragon, running out of the medical area.

"Spike helps us with all the stuff outside of fighting the bad guys. He even made our names and costumes! What do you think for Storm?"

"Hm..." Spike paused to think. "Zapp."

"Zap?" asked Storm.

"No, it's Zapp. Spelled z-a-p-p."

"Why two?"

"It's cooler."

"Can you make her a costume?" asked Snowfall. "We need to go out and talk with a few ponies."

"Sure thing!" Spike smiled. "I'll finish her outfit before you get back! And I'll make sure to keep an eye on Lightning Dust in case she wakes up."

Storm smiled at Spike, who smiled back to her.

"Now let's go find some other ponies to add onto our team!" said Snowfall.

"Who's first?" asked Jacqueline.

"A unicorn who has the Gems of Creation. Her name is Rarity."


Equestria would soon be ready to see their true leader once more. A thousand years under the rule of her foolish sister would be forgotten. The era of the night time would begin. Nightmare Moon would rein supreme.

You ponies shall understand when I return. Resistance will be unnecessary, for they will soon understand.

The stars were so close. It was almost time. Just a little bit longer.

Surely Celestia has tricked them into thinking that I was in the wrong. She will go. She is not needed. The ponies who fight in her name will only receive mild punishments, as they cannot resist the spell of an alicorn.

Nightmare Moon felt an odd sensation within her magic. As if somebody had been stealing it.

Ah, Celestia. Whatever you try to do with that will not work. I will beat you to the ground and destroy the Elements. After I use them to lock you away in the sun. Now, that will be revenge.

If she wasn't still just an imprint of the moon, Nightmare Moon would have throw her head back and cackled. She chose to think that cackle instead.

Ah-ha! AH-HA! AH-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Comments ( 4 )

Heh. Irony. Celly's already done that Nightmare. Interesting that she couldn't check, or see some sort of difference.

Any chance you will be writing more?

Comment posted by Razor Blade the Unicron deleted Oct 22nd, 2020

This story was getting good. Too bad it was cancelled. I wanted to see The Mane-iac meet Nightmare Moon. :fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment