• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,984 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,984

PreviousChapters Next
109: False Ancestors Part 1

Author's Note:

Warning, contains Spoilers for the movie Coco, if you have not seen it, but wish to read this story, then please, try and watch the movie first. I saw it on Watchcartoononline.com, it's free!

Paperwork slowed down, which was a surprise. Dealing with the council was odd. There was still no leads as to who the spy was, but we were all keeping out ears peeled. I needed...something to do. Wonder if one of the kids would be up for world traveling? The closest of their bedrooms was Scootaloo…

I knocked on her door. “Scoot’s. You there?”

Her door opened. She was in her pj’s and had bed hair. “Dad? What’s up?”

“You just now it looks.” I laughed. “Paperwork is slow, so, figured we go to a random world. Wanna go?”

“Heck ya!”

“You gonna get dressed first?”

“...Give me a moment.” She said, her door closing as the sounds of things being tossed and some water running for a short bit. After about three minutes of that the door opened again, Scootaloo dressed and her hair in her signature look. “Do I look alright?”

“Heh, you look fine.” I said, opening a DTL behind us. “Come on, it’s random.”

“Oh! Mystery adventure!” She cheered, running into it. I laughed, not far behind.


Where we came out of was a place that looked kinda familiar. I wanna say...Mexico? Wow, haven’t been here since I was ten. I looked around, decorations were hung around of skeletons and small orange petteles lines the main road and lead trails into people’s homes. People seemed to be busy. I didn’t see any other Keyblade wielders so I quickly disbanded X, Scoot’s doing the same for her keyblade as she adorned an illusion ring. It was something Twilight made, it’s magic able to make her look like a world inhabitant if needed. Scootaloo now looked like a human, no ears or fur, just skin and normal, boring human ears, but she kept her hair color.

“You know what’s going on dad?” Scootaloo asked.

“I think...it’s Dia del los muertos.” I replied, not believing my eyes.

“Dia de what?”

“The Day of the Dead, a cultural holiday to celebrate the dead.”

“Why would you want to celebrate dead people?”

“It’s like a special day to remember the loved ones of the past and those who have passed. They even say if you build a special alter or go to their graves with a photo and some offerings, things they loved in life, they can visit on this day, see you for this one night and take your offerings.”

“Oh...Cool! Is it real!?”

“Heh, That’s a tough one to answer.” I said, scratching my head. As I was trying to think of an answer to her question, a kid wearing a red hoodie ran passed us. “What the?”

“Stop, Miguel!” A man yelled, coming out of a nearby building. He then saw us. “You, sinor, can you help me find my boy? He’s upset and ran off. We are worried for him.”

“On it, Scoot’s, come on.” I said, a bit happy for that topic dropped, but now worried as what could have happened as to make the kid want to run away.

I changed the kid into a crowded plaza, there was a lot of people, making it hard to find him and the mariachi music would likely make it hard for him to hear me calling, then again, he is running away, so odds are he doesn’t want to be found.

“Dad, over there!” Scoot’s called, turning I saw the kid running down another street. We chased after him but lost him at a crossroads.

“Crap, where’d he go?” I asked.

“Arfh!” I looked down the road to the right, seeing a… Cholo dog, I think, with a really long tongue bark at me. “Arfh, Arfh!” It barked again, running down the rest of the road behind it.

“Am I crazy, or is that giant rat leading the way?” Scootaloo asked.

“It’s a dog and yes it is.” I said, following the cholo dog to find the kid…. It's weird this is the third time that I've had to follow a cholo dog to find a child.

“That's a dog?” Scootaloo asked as she followed, the dog leading us to a cemetery. People were lighting candles and setting up offerings on their graves.

The dog led us to a large tomb in the center of the cemetery. A quick look around and I spotted the kid inside, through a window he likey broke. “Hey kid.” I called, Scootaloo and I jumping into the broken window.

“Ah! I’m sorry, De La Cruz is my great, great grandfather!” He blabbered.

“Woah, woah, woah kid.” I started. “From the top, why did you run away from home?”

The kid’s expression changed to something like the face you make when giving an angry groan. “They hate music, and I love it. I want to play more than anything, but they just don’t understand…”

“Been there…” I mutter, remembering how different I was from my family. “So, are you any good?” I asked.

“I...I don’t know, I never played for anyone other than myself and Dante.”

“Dante...He wouldn’t happen to be a Cholo dog would he?”

“Yeah, how’d you know?”

“I think he lead me to you. Anyway, so, mind if I hear how you play?”

“You...you want to hear me play?”

“Yeah. I know how it feels to be the black sheep of the family. I can tell you from experience that it’s best to have someone to talk these things over with, before you do something dumb, like, runaway from home for example.”

Miguel turned bashful at the mention of his actions. “Eah, they must be real worried.”

“I can tell you this much, even if family doesn’t share your ideas, dreams, or even values, they care about it… They love you, even if it’s hard for them to show it.”

Miguel looked like he was thinking it over. “But...all I wanna do is play...and they will never let me…”

“...Tell me this, do you want to play for the world, for others, or just for yourself?” I asked.

“I...I don’t know… I just want to play.”

“Well then, play. Show me how much you ‘just want to play’.” I said, Miguel looking at me, determination on his face as he readied the white guitar. Something felt off then, I swore I saw the petals...glow, for a moment. Miguel played a single note, and the petals glowed and floated in the air around us before falling back to the ground suddenly. “...I take it that’s not part of the show?”

PreviousChapters Next