• Published 25th Dec 2016
  • 834 Views, 16 Comments

Friendship's New Flight: Rocky Trails - Masterob



Pinkie Pie takes her friends to see her sisters at the Rock Farm, though things get a bit unusual.

  • ...
3
 16
 834

Friendly Compromise

The train would be coming today to take the ponies to their original destination, though in the meantime the others continued to help a bit on the farm.

Applejack pulled a whole carriage of rocks, alongside Big Macintosh.

"Gotta admit Applejack, you're a great worker. You too Big Macintosh", Limestone complimented.

"Thanks Limestone, I'm just happy to help," Applejack said.

"Eeyup," Big Mac said.

"Good," Limestone said and then turned to Fluttershy, who looked to be struggling. Feeling a surge of sympathy, she approached her, "Um you don't have to do that, you could just help keep count."

Fluttershy looked unsure, "Would that be of help though? I don't want to feel useless."

"Don't worry about it, Marble does this sometimes as well", Limestone reassured.

Fluttershy nodded, "Ok, if you say so."

Fluttershy unstrapped and left. Limestone smiled a bit, Fluttershy reminded her so much of Marble, she felt a bit of a soft spot for her.

Speaking of Marble, she was moving a few rocks as well when she noticed Rumble, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo all pulling one cart. Marble found that cute and approached them, "You kids doing ok?"

Rumble nodded, "We're fine, thanks Miss."

"Um...it's just Marble."

Rumble nodded, "Ok Marble...nice name by the way."

Marble blushed a bit, causing the Crusaders to raise their eyebrows.

"Wow, flirty much Rumble?" Scootaloo said.

"Wanna add Marble to our herd?" Sweetie asked, almost genuine.

"Well she does kinda fit in, she's the little sister of the Pie family, like we're the little sisters of our families," Apple Bloom said.

Rumble blushed, "This doesn't seem like a good thing to just bring up."

Marble chuckled a little, "Don't worry, I find it cute".

Rumble sighed in relief, "Maybe my luck with mares is still good."

"Just like ah thought, after all you got all of us", Apple Bloom said.

Rumble sighed and smiled at his marefriends. Marble then kissed his cheek, "You are cute at least".

Rumble's cheeks started to turn red, a feeling he's practically gotten used to by now.

Flitter noticed this from a distance as she was pulling carts. "What's with her? First she wants my stallion, then my best friend, now Rumble!?"

Cloudchaser, who had also been pulling a cart, groaned nearby, "Don't start with your jealousy."

"I'm not jealous", Flitter said, with a little attitude.

"Right..."Cloudchaser said, then sighed when she saw Flitter still acting jealous.

Meanwhile with Maud, she had been pulling a cart when some rocks fell. "Great."

She went to pick them up when she noticed Trixie watching nearby with a sheepish smile. "Hello there Maud."

Maud felt a bit of confliction, Trixie approached with her magic ready, "Please, let me help with that."

Trixie lifted the rock onto the cart and looked to Maud with a sympathetic expression, "Listen, I know we left things off pretty bad...but please know that I'm really sorry for how I've treated you before."

Maud looked to the side a little. Trixie continued to explained, "I never wanted to hurt you, honestly. I know I didn't handle things correctly and I wish I could make that up to you."

Maud looked to Trixie, seeing her sympathetic expression.

"Please Maud, I feel just terrible for what happened, I never wanted to break your heart like I did, I was really selfish and foolish. I hope you can forgive me someday," Trixie said.

Maud felt sympathy for Trixie, she could see that she really meant this. Perhaps it's time to move on. "It's fine Trixie. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Truth be told I was hoping we could make up and get back together, but that obviously won't happen. You're happy with Lightning Dust, so I can be happy for you. I would like to be friends again, you were still nice to have around."

Trixie smiled at that, "Thank you so much Maud."

Trixie went to hug Maud, something she properly returned. Limestone watched from a distance, still a bit unsure but she hopes this means no more trouble.

Lightning approached Limestone, "See, Trixie isn't so bad."

"I guess, she still upset my sister. I may not look it but I do care about my family," Limestone said.

"That's not a bad trait, but you also need to ease up. As you just saw the problem was easily resolved, you didn't have to get back at Trixie on Maud's behalf. I know what it's like to hold a grudge, but to let go of one was so much better. I have great friends now, and now Trixie and Maud can be great friends again," Lightning said.

Limestone seemed impressed by Lightning Dust's deep words. "I guess, but it's still gonna take time for me to fully trust her."

Lightning nodded, "I can understand that much."

Limestone turned back, "But I guess she could get a fair shot".

"Good," Lightning said and then turned toward Rumble, "By the way, there's a certain young foal you should probably make things up with."

Limestone turned to Rumble, "You mean that whiney kid? Let's take this one step at a time".

Lightning glared a bit, "He's not whiney, he's just awkward. Considering all the crap he's been through I don't think you should be adding to that."

"I know from Pinkie's letters he's run into some bad luck but still," Limestone said.

"Just take it easy will ya? Wow, I'm amazed you're Pinkie's sister, though I can say that for all of her sisters," Lightning said.

Limestone glared, "Don't push it".

Lightning backed away a bit, "Sorry, out of line. But try to relax". Once Lightning left, Limestone took a breath. This is so complicated sometimes.

Later on, it was time for the ponies to board the train, though while waiting, Rumble approached Pinkie Pie.

"Question, did you tell your sister about what happened with me this past year? Like the not so great decisions I've made?"

Pinkie looked a bit nervous, "Oh, you found out?"

Rumble glared a bit, "Why would you tell her about that? It's not something I'm proud of Pinkie Pie."

Pinkie rubbed her head. "I'm sorry, I told her that back when things were still not so great. And I didn't try to make you sound bad, in fact I was hoping she could offer advice, or Maud could, or even Marble. I was just a little desperate because all my friends were unhappy with each other and I..." Pinkie stopped to look at Rumble. "You're right, I shouldn't have blabbed this, I'm sorry. Maybe I was also a teeny bit mad and I needed to express my feelings."

"...You don't think I'm bad though, right? I didn't mean to misbehave," Rumble said.

Pinkie shook her head, "No, you're not bad Rumble. Stop thinking that alright? You're a good boy, you made mistakes but learned from them at least. We all make mistakes".

Rumble shrugged, "I guess."

Pinkie rubbed his mane, "Do you forgive me? I won't blame you if you don't but I hope you do".

Rumble smiled at Pinkie, "I can't stay mad at you, but please try not to do that again, now it's hard for me to get your sister to like me".

Pinkie tapped her chin, "I'll make it up to you, ok sweetheart?"

Rumble nodded, "Sounds great Pinkie."

Pinkie kissed Rumble's muzzle, "I still love you, I hope you still love me."

Rumble blushed, "Of course I do, it's hard to not like a pony like you, so it makes it easier to love you."

Pinkie hugged Rumble tightly, "See, you're a good little colt".

Rumble smiled a bit, though found the hug to be a bit painful.

Twilight sighed in relief, "I'm just glad there wasn't a physical fight this time".

"Don't jinx it!" Spike begged, causing Twilight to frown.

"Oh what's gonna happen anyway?" Twilight asked.

As they boarded the train, the Pie sisters came to see all of them off.

"Listen, you weren't too bad to have around, so try to come by again", Limestone said, as nicely as she could.

"Of course, we would love that", Twilight said.

Pinkie went to Limestone and whispered something to her and gestured to Rumble. Limestone looked unsure but Pinkie gave her the sad eyes, causing Limestone to give it. She turned her attention to Rumble, "Kid, I know things started out bad, but maybe it time we can move past that. I'm sorry for getting the wrong idea about you, maybe I can try to get to know the new you, alright?"

Rumble smiled, "Wow really? Thanks Limestone".

Limestone turned to Trixie and Lightning Dust, "As for you two...we've just about put everything behind us, now there's just one thing left to do."

"Really? What's that?" Trixie asked.

Limestone then in the blink of an eye struck Trixie hard in the face, knocking her out, "That's for being an annoying pain in the ass for so long!"

Lightning looked taken back, "Are you freaken kidding me Lime-"

Limestone then struck Lightning down, "And that's for mouthing off to me!" Limestone took a breath, "I feel better," she turned to the others, "See you around".

She left the area while everypony looked surprised. That was very random and uncalled for. Maud checked on Trixie, "She's hurt, she needs ice."

Marble looked surprised as well, then turned to Fluttershy and offered a sheepish smile.

"Anyway...come by Ponyville sometime, I'd really like to see you some more", Fluttershy said.

Marble nodded, "Bye Fluttershy", she then nuzzled against Fluttershy, causing Flitter to feel a bit jealous.

Marble went to Rumble, "Bye Rumble," she gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek, causing more jealous from Flitter.

She turned to Big Mac with a blush, "Bye Big Macintosh." She then kissed him on the cheek, sending Flitter over the edge.

"Why you!" She went after Marble but Cloudchaser held her back.

"Sis! Are you crazy!?" Cloudchaser shouted.

"Trying to take my best friend! Further keeping Rumble's attention away from me! KISSING MY STALLION ON THE CHEEK!?"

Marble looked nervous, but Fluttershy nudged her, "Run! Quickly! We'll see each other soon!"

Marble nodded and quickly ran off to avoid Flitter's wrath.

"Yeah you better run! Big Mac's mine!" Flitter shouted, then approached Big Mag and kissed his face really hard, causing him to feel awkward.

Maud just looked at the others, her emotionless state still remaining.

"Good-bye," she then trotted off, leaving the ponies confused as the train arrived. Everypony boarded the train and made their way to their original destination.

"That was really weird," Rainbow said.

"Yeah no kidding", Thunderlane said.

"Twilight jinxed it", Spike said.

Twilight glared, "Shut up Spike!"

The train left the station, leaving the ponies confused as they went to Appaloosa.

Days later, after everything in Appaloosa was done, with Cloudchaser having successfully nabbed Braeburn for a date, and a little fun afterwards, Pinkie went to her mailbox and checked for some mail.

"Nothing, nothing, noth-oh a letter from my sisters!"

She opened it and read.

Dear Pinkie Pie, we really enjoyed your company last time. So soon we're gonna make plans to come see you in Ponyville. Marble wants to spend some time with Fluttershy, Maud wants to start over with Trixie, and I myself want to see if I can work things out with that punk kid Rumble. See you soon, from Limestone.

Pinkie Pie smiled, "The Pie sisters are coming to Ponyville!"

Somehow, hearing that made the jaws of Trixie and Lightning hurt more, and made Flitter feel some rage.

Looks like there is never downtime for the Flight of Friendship.

Author's Note:

Well that's the end of that. Just a little random story with the Pie sisters. It's pretty much done now, not much left to explore with the characters.

Hope it's been enjoyable.

Comments ( 5 )

Okay so Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom now have their cutie marks. Does Rumble have his too now?

7818949
Didn't wanna acknowledge it too much, but no.

7819484 I can see that as a focus for a possible future fic.

8483053
Honestly, I would like to, I'm just not sure what to do next that would be good. I'm sure there's more I can do with this, I'm gonna have to figure that out.

8483879I
I'll try soon.

Login or register to comment