• Published 25th Dec 2016
  • 835 Views, 16 Comments

Friendship's New Flight: Rocky Trails - Masterob



Pinkie Pie takes her friends to see her sisters at the Rock Farm, though things get a bit unusual.

  • ...
3
 16
 835

Tensions Arise

Hours later Twilight had a great idea as far as the trains go. "I know what to do! I know the proper route to Appaloosa!" The other ponies seemed estatic, but it died down when Twilight continued on, "But it's not gonna be available until...tomorrow".

There was a collective groan among the ponies, most notably from Rainbow Dash, Lightning Dust, Limestone and especially Cloudchaser.

"So instead of being with Braeburn, I have to stay here on this dump!?" Cloudchaser angrily said, earning a glare from the others, especially the Pie sisters, at least as well as Marble and Maud can glare. Cloudchaser looked around nervously, "What? Something I said?"

Twilight was the first to speak up, "Cloudchaser, Pinkie and her family are being nice in letting us stay here, it's improper to refer to this place as 'this dump'," Twilight said.

"Gotta admit Cloudchaser, that wasn't nice to say, you always taught me better than that too," Rumble added.

Cloudchaser had a sheepish smile, "Sorry about that, I guess I'm just excited to go to Appaloosa, kinda wanna see Braeburn again."

Thunderlane started making kissy noises to Cloudchaser, but earned a bonk on the head for that.

Limestone still wasn't pleased, "So that means all of you have to stay here, right?"

Twilight rubbed her head, "We'd hate to impose, we can go out and find a hotel or something."

"There aren't any hotels around here, at least not close enough, you're better off staying here", Maud said.

"You can't be serious Maud! Why would you want them to stay!?" Limestone asked.

"If we were in Ponyville, they'd let us stay, it's only proper", Maud replied.

"Wow, cool of her to say," Thunderlane said.

Limestone didn't look too conviced though, "Still, there's like 16 ponies here, or ponies and a dragon, where are they gonna sleep?"

"Some of us could share a bed, ah could share one with Rarity", Applejack said.

"I can share with Rainbow Dash," Thunderlane added.

"I can share with Big Mac", Flitter said, earning a few curious glares, "What? Just suggesting".

Big Mac blushed a little at that comment while Marble looked a little unsure about hearing that.

"Fine, if they gotta stay we'll set up sleeping arrangements, but not until I set up some rules first!" Limestone said.

Lightning groaned, "Of course she is".

Limestone glared at Lightning, "You got a problem there?"

Before Lightning can retort, Trixie got in between the two bickering mares. "Please don't fight, just say what you need to say Limestone, Lightning will listen."

"Sure hope she can listen better than you can", Limestone coldly said.

"That's it!" Lightning stormed past Trixie and got in Limestone's face, "What's with your attitude towards my marefriend!?""

Something about the word 'marefriend' made Maud cringe a little as she watched the impending arguement.

"Your marefriend there had to be one of of the lousiest workers I've seen on a rock farm! All she did was complain about the work, whine about how Pinkie and her friends humiliated her last time and started a relationship with my-"

Before Limetone could finish, Trixie quickly interjected, "I'm sorry about all that, but I'm not here to work, I'm just here because I'm stuck. But I don't require anything, I just wanted to wait for Twilight to find the way to the town we needed to be at, the most I would need is just a place to sleep."

Limestone huffed, "Fine, doesn't matter, I'll get all of you a place to sleep. But you're all gonna work for it. Now Earlier on me and my sisters filled some wagons with rocks we needed to move. I'm sure you can all handle that right?"

The group nodded at that.

"We can totally handle that", Rainbow boasted.

"Good, all of you follow me", Limestone said and gestured for the others to follow. However when Trixie and Lightning Dust tried to follow, Limestone stopped them in their tracks. "Not you! Both of you stay here!" Limestone ordered.

Lightning raised her eyebrow, "Huh? What for!?"

"I'm not letting Trixie do anymore 'work' around here, it's not worth it, and since you're her new little marefriend, then you can stay here with her," Limestone said.

"What do you mean 'new'? Are you hiding something!?" Lightning asked.

"Try asking that second rate magician, anyway just stay here and don't move", Limestone ordered.

Lightning groaned, "Fine, don't care, your loss!"

Limestone rolled her eyes and moved forward with the others.

Lightning shook her head and turned to Trixie, who appeared to be a little distraught over all this. Lightning comforted her with a hug. "Forget her, I know you're better than she thinks you are."

Trixie smiled and nuzzled against Lightning Dust, "I could always count on you to be there for me."

The day passed by, the group of friends were able to do their share of the work, thanks especially due to the obtained strength of Applejack and Big Macintosh from their years of Apple Bucking, plus Rainbow Dash due to her keeping in great shape.

Pinkie also put in a lot of work thanks to her prior experience working at the rock farm. It is her family's farm and she worked there since she was a filly.

The Crusaders did their share, while they didn't owrk as hard as the others, they still managed to move a few rocks. Apple Bloom was a more efficiant worker though, once again due to her experience on the apple farm.

Later on, Limestone assigned everypony their beds. She started in the room of the bunk beds.

"Ok, Applejack and Rarity get one bed, Rainbow Dash and Thunderlane get another bed, then Apple Bloom can have a bed with her friends, finally Big Macintosh gets one to himself."

Spike looked confused, "Wait how come Big Macintosh gets his own bed?"

"Because he earned it, he worked hard today and that's something I respect in a pony. Now the rest of you can come use the sleeping bags that are in the room me and my sisters will be using," Limestone said.

"What about Trixie and Lightning Dust?" Twilight asked.

"I already assigned them their sleeping space," Limestone said with a sly grin on her face.

Outside, Lightning Dust is seen laying on a rock, trying to get comfortable.

"Damn, stupid Limestone, making us sleep outside", Lightning complained. She grabbed a quilt and placed it over her and Trixie, "At least we have a blanket".

Trixie sighed, "I'm sorry, this is my fault, she hates me and you're suffering for it."

Lightning pulled Trixie in closer, "Don't worry about it, at least I'm with you.

Trixie pulled closer to Lightning and rested on her chest while Lightning stroked her mane.

"Why do they seem to dislike you though? It seems to go beyond you not being the worker they wanted you to be," Lightning wondered.

Trixie looked unsure, "If I told you, would you promise not to think any less of me? Or think of me differently?"

Lightning patted Trixie's head, "Of course, you know I love you, I'm not gonna change my views because of one sour puss of a mare."

Trixie took a breath, "Truth is...you're not my first marefriend."

This took Lightning by surprise, she always believed that Trixie hadn't really been in a relationship prior to her. Though now the stuff Limestone was saying had started making a bit of sense and she came to this conclusion.

"Wait...when you worked at this farm...did you date Limestone!?" Lightning asked.

Trixie shook her head, "No, not her. It was with Maud."

Lightning suddenly surpressed the urge to laugh, "Maud? The one that has the personality of blank piece of paper?"

Trixie nodded, "It was odd but we did form a bond. When I worked here I couldn't get along with Limestone and Marble was too shy to speak to me. Maud is the only one to really keep me company, it got to the point where we did start to develop feelings for one another. We didn't do much other than cuddle close together at times and even the occasional kiss but we never went all the way or anything."

"So I was your first?" Lightning asked, somewhat hopeful.

Trixie chuckled a bit, "Yes Lightning, you were my first, and a very good first I might add."

Lightning grinned, "Hell yeah, awesome. Wait why did you two break up?"

Trixie's smile faded a bit, "I heard about that Alicorn Amulet that's supposed to give me great power, I wanted it for myself. When Maud found out she tried telling me that revenge isn't the best thing, believe it or not it was probably the most emotion I've seen from her. She seemed really concerned and tried convincing me to stay on the farm, that I don't even have to work, she just wants me there. I turned her down, telling her she doesn't understand my struggle." Trixie let out a big sigh as Lightning held her closer to comfort her while she continued, "We had a big fight and I told her I never wanted to see her again, then I stormed off. I think I really hurt her doing that, so I can understand why Limestone hates me so much."

Lightning pitied Trixie, she's been through more than she imagined, "Why didn't you ever tell me?"

Trixie looked into her eyes, "I was afraid you wouldn't want me, you would think I couldn't be trusted. The moment I realized I was in love with you was a happy moment, and I would do anything to make you mine, even lying that I never been in a relationship. It's also why I talked so affectionatley about Twilight when I was with you, so if you did swing that way you'd get the idea that I'm available." Trixie moved closer to Lightning's face, "But I love you, I just want to keep you as my marefriend."

Lightning stroked Trixie's mane, "Don't worry about it, I can get why you would be concerned. Truth be told there's something I didn't tell you, I never told you how I knew I liked mares."

Trixie looked curious, "Oh? What's the reason?"

"Truth be told, when me and Rainbow Dash were partnered at The Wonderbolts Academy...we did a little experiment."

Trixie blushed but remained curious, "How so?"

"Nothing major, just a little make-out session, we both wanted to know. I knew from that point I was into mares," Lightning explained.

"And Rainbow Dash? What was her reaction?" Trixie wondered.

"She said it was nice but she'd still probably prefer a stallion," Lightning said, then grinned. "But I know she liked it, and if things turned out differently, we would probably be an item." Trixie looked slightly concerned about hearing that, but those faded when Lightning stroked her face, "Good thing they didn't, I never would have been with you. I don't regret it one bit. I love you very much Trixie."

Trixie felt a tear in her eye, "And I love you very much Lightning Dust."

Trixie moved in to close the gap between them, locking Lightning Dust in a very passionate kiss.

Lightning returned the kiss, pulling Trixie in more to get her marefriend as deep in the kiss as possible. All she wants to do now is assure Trixie that she's loved, regardless of how Limestone has treated her.

Back inside, Applejack is resting on the top bunk of a bed with Rarity cuddled by her side. Applejack pulled her lovely mare closer and planted a kiss on her.

"You sleep tight now Rares," Applejack said.

"Will do darling," Rarity replied.

Big Macintosh slept on the bottom bunk below his sister and her marefriend. He didn't say much, he just waited til everypony was settled in so they can all rest.

Rumble and his three marefriends slept on the top bunk of another bed, Sweetie Belle on his left, Apple Bloom on his right and Scootlaoo on his chest.

"Sleep tight girls," Rumble said.

"We will Rumbly," Sweetie said.

"Sure thing sugar," Apple Bloom said.

"We'll be right here for you in the morning", Scootlaoo said.

Thunderlane and Rainbow Dash slept together in the bunk below, with Rainbow staring seductively into Thunderlane's eyes.

"You know what would be fun right now Thunder?" Rainbow asked.

Applejack cleared her throat to her Rainbow's attention. "Don't even think about doing anything smutty while we're all in the room!"

"Yeah seriously Rainbow Dash, it can wait!" Apple Bloom said from the bunk above.

Rainbow groaned, "Fine, goodnight everypony."

Soon the lights were out and everypony went to sleep. Though sometime after the lights were out, some moans were heard. Applejack turned on the light and saw Rainbow Dash making out with Thunderlane.

"Land Sakes Rainbow!" Applejack shouted.

Rainbow broke the kiss, "What? It's just kissing, I'm sure you'd love to be doing this with Rarity right now!"

"Ah would but ah can at least wait til morning!" Applejack said.

"I kinda wouldn't mind right now Applejack," Rarity said with a seductive glance.

Applejack blushed, "Me neither, but it ain't proper to do in a room with others, especially with our sisters and mah brother nearby."

"Still, a little kissing isn't so bad," Rainbow Dash insisted.

During this, Limestone called from the other room. "I swear if any of you are doing something stupid in there, you're gonna sleep outside with those two tramps!" Limestone shouted from the other room.

"Hey, they're not tramps!" Rumble shouted back.

"You're this close kid!" Limestone threatened.

"Hey, you have a problem with my little brother!?" Thunderlane asked.

"Can you all please just go to bed!?" Twilight shouted.

Rainbow groaned and rested next to Thunderlane, "Fine! Let's just sleep then!"

"Good," Applejack said and went to bed, shutting off the lights. She laid back in bed, holding Rarity close as the others fell asleep.

The next morning, the Pie sisters have breakfast ready for their guests. Twilight, Flitter, Cloudchaser, Fluttershy and Spike were already helping themselves but it wasn't exactly the most interesting bit of food.

"You use your rocks for food?" Twilight asked at the sight of the rock cereal.

"Oh I'm sorry Princess, is this food not high standard enough for you?" Limestone asked.

Twilight shook her head with worry, "No that's not what I meant, what I meant was-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Listen Princess, we eat things differently than what you're used to alright? So quit whining deal with it," Limestone stated emphatically.

Twilight nodded, "Right, sure thing I guess."

Spike glared a little at Limestone, he had half a mind to tell her off but knew better than to make things worse.

Within moments, Lightning Dust entered with Trixie, their backs hurting a bit from their not so pleasant night sleep.

"Damn we're hungry, what do you got for some grub?" Lightning Dust asked.

"You like rock cereal?" Spike asked sarcastically.

Lightning cringed a little, "Wait, what?"

"Forgot to mention, they eat weird food here," Trixie said.

"Watch it Lulamoon!" Limestone shouted.

Marble sighed, she hates seeing her sister get all riled up. She then noticed Fluttershy approach.

"Hi Marble, you look great this morning."

Marble gulped a bit, "Mmhmm."

Fluttershy pouted her lips a bit, "So, does rock ceral taste good?"

Marble nodded, "Mmhmm."

"...Any chance you can say something besides 'mmhmm'? Not to be rude or anything but I would love to hear you speak. You sound like you have a cute voice, may i hear it?" Fluttershy asked, giving a pleading happy stare.

Marble looked away a little, then back at Fluttershy. She had to admit, Fluttershy had cute eyes and it's hard to turn her down.

"Um...rocks are fun?" Marble said, very quietly though.

Fluttershy sighed, though it's a nice start at least. "That wasn't so bad, maybe we can talk a little more?" Marble still looked unsure, she hid her face behind her mane a little, still refusing to say much. Seeing that reminded Fluttershy of herself so much. "I know how you feel right now, I used to be like you. I never liked talking to other ponies. Luckily my friends helped me with that, I became a little more social. Maybe I can do that for you, um if you don't mind that is," Fluttershy said.

Marble looked from behind her mane and was met with Fluttershy's charming smile. Marble felt like she could trust Fluttershy, she seemed to understand her pretty well. "Ok...I'll try."

Fluttershy squealed and hugged Marble. "That's so great!" Marble was surprised at the sudden contact, to which Fluttershy then realized she's coming on too strong. "Oh, I'm sorry about that, I guess I-"

"No, it's fine, I don't mind," Marble insisted.

"Oh, that's good," Fluttershy said and resumed her hug. Marble found Fluttershy's hug very comforting.

This didn't go unnoticed by the others, even though Fluttershy herself forgot they were in the room. Fluttershy was too focused on getting Marble's attention, but the others still found this site to be very cute.

"That's so nice of Fluttershy," Twilight said.

"Yeah, it's nice to see Marble open up to another pony," Pinkie said.

"I gotta hand it to your friend, she's pretty good with other ponies," Limestone complimented.

Flitter looked a bit unsure about seeing Fluttershy with another pony, but she brushed it off as her friendly nature shining through.

Maud looked to Pinkie Pie, "So...how's Shulk doing?"

As they talked a bit, the other ponies came into the room, with the exception of Rainbow Dash and Thunderlane.

"Oh, you're all awake," Fluttershy said. "Except for Dashie and Thunderlane."

"They're busy," Rumble said.

"Busy? With what?" Fluttershy asked.

Rumble groaned, "Making out..."

That led to an awkward stare from the other ponies nearby.

"Probably should just leave them be fer now," Applejack suggested

"Yes, let's just eat our food, shall we?" Twilight suggested.

Author's Note:

Things just don't go well for them at times.