• Published 22nd Dec 2016
  • 6,879 Views, 53 Comments

A Prank Too Far - MidnightInkpaw



Rainbow Dash tried to prank the whole town. Now they, including Dashs' friends prank her back. And everything goes wrong

  • ...
10
 53
 6,879

And she...

Twilight paced back and forth between the same crystal floor she had for the past three weeks. It was past midnight and Spike had went to sleep hours ago, even when she promised him that she would get a good nights rest this time, Twilight had stayed up still thinking about the safety of her friend.

Twilight had sent a letter to Princess Celestia telling her about the incident. Of course the Princess was shocked to hear that one of the Elements of Harmony had been severely injured and was even more surprised that it was Pinkies idea to begin with. After bringing Rainbow Dash to the Ponyville Hospital, Time Turner, or Dr. Whooves, stopped by to pick up an ingredient only for medical purposes for one of his experiments. He heard about Rainbows condition and volunteered to help save her.

"Surely I could do something to prevent her death." Dr. Whooves argued.

"What can anypony do to prevent ones' death? We have done all we can to try to save her. Now all we can do is make the pain more bearable until the time is up." Nurse Redheart explained.

"What are her injuries?"

Nurse Redheart looked at the clipboard in her hooves."Well, she has several broken ribs, both of her wings are broken, her left arm isn't doing well either, and her skull is cracked, badly, which may have caused severe damage to the brain. She lost a lot of blood too, which may affect on how she moves. Oh dear."

"Oh dear indeed." The Doctor sighed. "Could you at least let me try to help her?" He nearly sounded like he was begging at this point.

Nurse Redheart sighed. "I guess things couldn't get worse. Yes, I will let you help. After all, I have heard some interesting things from you doc."

"Thank you, Nurse Redheart." Dr. Whooves smiled.

Yes, Twilight had been informed about Dr. Whooves offer to help Rainbow Dash and after a long talk, she finally agreed. But even when she agreed, there was a voice at the back of her head that doubted The Doctor would fix everything.

Twilight did not notice the footsteps coming from the other room and it sounded like it was heading towards her. She did not notice someone had opened the door to her the room. She did not even notice the comforting claw that rested on her shoulder. She was too lost in her thoughts.

"Twilight?" A voice that could have only belonged to a small baby dragon of green and purple scales. Twilights train of thoughts was broken.

"Gah! Spike, aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" Twilight squealed.

Spike sighed. "I could say the same for you." He shot back. "Come on, you Pinkie Promised that you would get some sleep tonight. Just one night. I'm sure that Rainbow wouldn't want you to lose your sleep because of her, right? If not for her, then do it for me. Please." Spike cooed, giving his best puppy dog eyes.

Twilight hesitated for a while befor finally giving in. "Fine, I'll just keep all these books and scrolls."

Spike mentally cheered and went back to his room.

Twilight sighed again. "I just hope you're okay, Rainbow."

** The Friendship Castle ( 8:00 a.m. ) **

"Twilight! Twilight?!" A voice called through the crystal walls.

"Ughh, a few more minutes." Twilight muttered as her body rolled closer to the edge of the bed. "Gah!"

"Twilight? Twilight, get up! I just got s letter fro- uhh. Twilight?" Spike said as he opened the door to see Twilight laying on the floor, mane unkept and feathers ruffled, rubbing her side. "Are you ok?" Spike snickered.

"Haha, go ahead, laugh it up." Twilight deadpanned as she rolled her eyes.

"Aww come on, I was only joking. Anyway, I got a letter from Ponyville Hospital, they said to come immediately." Spike announced, putting on a serious face

"Why?

"They didn't say. It just says this." Spike handed over the letter to Twilight.

Twilight read the letter once, then again, and again. She couldn't find anything else. She looked at the back of the page, nothing was written. "Well then Spike, we'll have breakfast later. If this is an emergency, we're going."

"Ok, but what do you think this is about." Spike asked.

"I think I have an idea but hopefully it's good news."

** Ponyville Hospital **

"What!?! What do you mean 'reset'?!"

"I left that part to you! What happened? I already did the hard part!"

"I don't know! A screen just popped up and said that the process had an error with transfering all the information."

"How many percent of information was transferred?"

"Eleven percent."

"Only?!"

Twilight and Spike sat in the waiting area and had listened to the ongoing conversation through the doors. She nor Spike knew what any of them were talking about. Finally, both ponies came out of the room and saw the alicorn and dragon.

"Oh uh, greetings Miss Sparkle, I suppose you got our letter." Doctor Stable asked.

"Yes, I did. What is this about Doctor? Although, I may have already guessed."

"Ah, yes. The reason why we called you here is indeed because of your friend. You may see her now." Doctor Stable said. Time Turner remained silent as they both led Twilight and Spike through the hallways.

Time Turner opened the door to let them in. "The staff had also contacted the rest of your friends so they should be here soon." He and Doctor Stable looked at each other worriedly.

Twilight, Spike, and the doctors walked into the room, which was noticed by Dash, who was sitting on the bed. She looked different. Her left wing had a flexible metal case while her right was wrapped in bandages, her left hoof, parts of her body and both of her back hooves were made of metal too, her head was covered in bandages and her right eye seemed... robotic.

Twilight gasped. This is what they did these past three weeks? "Rainbow? Is that you?"

Rainbow looked at her quizzically. "Uhh, hello Miss. How may I help you?" Dash said in a metallic voice.

Twilight was confused now. Why had Dash called her 'Miss'? Or why did she talk like that? "Don't you remember me, Dash?"

"No, I can't, I can't remember anything."

And she lived, but most of her memory was erased.

Author's Note:

Welp, you guys wanted option 3 so here it is. Yep.

So here's what I had planned for the other endings

1 (sad ending): Dash would be announced dead and have a funeral for her. The mane 5 would think she was dead, but was she really dead? (Possible sequel)
2 (happy ending): Dash would be in the hospital nearly dying when Starlight preformed a spell to help her. The tension builds but Dash lives! (Ends there)

When I meant sad and happy, I meant for what the characters would feel at the end.

Comments ( 26 )

I should have seen this coming, but using Dr. Whooves like that to make her part Robotic was Perfect, can she fly with that metal wing though and is the rest of her body that is made of metal going to slow her down if she fly's or what. Will she regain her memories by any chance as time goes by, because I think it would be nice for her to regain them slowly over the course of a year or two.

To be VERY honest, I'm NOT that fond of this option (would have preferred Option 2, or, as a last ditch scenario Option 1, if it meant a possible sequel) , but I will continue to read this, just to see what happens.

But Rainbow as a cyborg that doesn't remember who she is, or anything about her life?
MY reaction to that?
:facehoof:

Anyway, I'll continue to follow this, if only to see what happens next.

7829703
Thanks, I appreciate the support :pinkiesmile:


7829841
Sorry, more people voted 3 so :applejackunsure:
So yeah, sorry for you not getting the ending you wanted.


And sorry for tricking the readers to thinking this was incomplete, I just forgot to change the sign when I finished writing this.

I...what? :rainbowhuh:
I got nothing. I have no clue how to react to that.

7831175 Well, I understand that. I'm just a gal that likes happy endings, but that isn't always what happens.
Not even with MLP fics.:raritywink:
And it's YOUR story, not mine. If that's what you asked for, for us to vote on the options, and that's the one that won, that's all that matters.
And I'm cool with that.
Not hard feelings for what I said, okay?

As to that last bit, as far as I'M concerned, stuff like that happens to writers on here all the time, so it's no big deal.

Now, THAT said, I really hope that you do a sequel to this (it's okay of you don't, too), as, despite my initial grumping about the whole "cyborg Dash" thing, I'd really like to what happens next.

(It'd be REALLY nice to see how Equestria's two senior Princesses reaction to what the result of Twilight and the town's foolishness in this matter would be.)

7832504
Yeah, I just take words seriously, infact, too seriously.
I guess I could add the part with the Princesses reacting to this. I wonder how that will end out. :rainbowlaugh:

This gives me a boost. But with you counting on how the Princesses react kinda makes me a litte nervous. I'm not a confident person so I might be afraid that it might not go how you wanted it to. (Wow, I really am not confident, at all :facehoof:)

And yeah, I will be working on a sequel.

wait it's complete?! i thought there would be more! I CHOSE OPTION 3! :fluttershysad: :fluttercry: :pinkiesad2: :raritycry:

7833127
Sorryyy~ :twilightblush:
Like I said, I will be working on a sequel. So don't worry.


Hopefully (famous last words)

Comment posted by TrainDude90S deleted Jan 2nd, 2017

7834132 Could I say something?

7836555 I happen to know a few punishment ideas for the residents of Ponyville for this whole ZOMBIE stunt. Want to hear them?

7836746 I'll separate my punishments between the "BIG PONIES" & "THE FOALS". And to top it off, the entire town receives a TWO year ban from Nightmare Night.

BIG PONIES:
Twilight: Three months Grounded. Striped of her title and powers, sentenced to 1000 hours community service.

Applejack: Two months Grounded, Striped of apple-bucking privileges, 1000 hours community service.

Big Mac: Two months Grounded, Striped of apple-bucking privileges, 1000 hours community service.

Granny Smith: Two months Grounded, Striped of apple selling privileges, 1000 hours community service.

Pinkie Pie: Three months grounded, Striped of holding any parties of anything or for anyone, and 1000 hours community service.
 
Rarity: Two months grounded, Striped of her powers, no fashion designing, 1000 hours community service, and 10 weekends of rain gutter detail. 
  
Fluttershy: Two months grounded, striped of animal care taking privileges, and 1000 hours community service.

Derpy: Two months grounded. 1000 hours community service. 

Mayor Mare: Relieved of her position, 1000 hours community service. 

Mr & Mrs. Cake: Two months grounded, no sweet's baking or sales, 1000 hours community service. 

Mr & Mrs. Donkey: Two Months grounded, 1000 hours community service.

Ms. Cheerlee: Two months grounded, striped of her teacher duties, and 1000 hours community service. 

FOALS:
Applebloom:  Two months Grounded, Striped of cuite mark, striped apple-bucking privileges, no crusading with friends, and Two year ban from Nightmare Night

Sweetie Belle: Two months Grounded, Striped of cuite mark, striped of singing privileges, no crusading with friends, and Two year ban from Nightmare Night.

Scootaloo: Two months Grounded, Striped of cuite mark, striped of stunts performing privileges, no crusading with friends, Two year ban from Nightmare Night, and no Wonder-bolts privileges.

Spike: Two month Grounded, Confiscation of comics and secret gem stash. Extra chores duty and two weekends of library cleaning detail. Two year ban from Nightmare Night.

Cake Twins: One month grounded, no sweets privileges, Two year ban from Nightmare Night.

7836908
Oh feathers, uhh...
I might wanna take it easy on Derpy though... :derpyderp1:
And the Cake twins... jeez.
For the rest.... I might be fine with it. Maybe. :pinkiecrazy:

7836927 I'd figure those who take the fall together stay together. Besides with my two year ban on N.M.N, Luna surely will be lost without them.

Ok. Some things I have a problem with....

First thing first.... the story is rushed. The first chapter was not as rushed as the second, and could be accepted due to emotions flying high and that's going on.

But the second one....
- Random strange miracle doctor enters the story with close to no exposition or build-up, due to some 'Deus ex machina' reason?
- The letter to the Princesses should have been more than just a simple footnote. What was their reply? Did they offer any help to heal one of Equestrias main defenses against 'Big Bads' from the past?
- A time skip like this should have a 'situation report' of some kind. I.e. Twilight's POV or third person POV.
- Apparently Rainbow ''just'' got broken bones.... No concussion, ruptured or pierced organs or spinal injury.....
- Suddenly... Rainbow ''Robocop'' Dash™. Crush! Kill! Destroy! Swag!
- 11%.... At most she would have the collective knowledge equlient of a 2 or 3 year old foal (11% of what... 16 to 25 year old dash?)?
Not to mention... while we are on the matter of ''RoboDash'' entering the ''Community of Binary''. Since Rainbow seems to be somewhat computerized, those 11% is probably just fragments of full memories.
- The 2nd chapter enda to abruptly with way too little explained.

And the 'Pies de Resistance'...
The story is marked COMPLETE.
This story is not complete, this should either be continued like that Pinkie Pie story where she have amnesia or Just a simple epilog exposing the consequences.

In short, I think you should revisit the 2nd chapter.

Keep on writing. As with everything else, practice makes perfect!

Comment posted by MidnightInkpaw deleted Oct 9th, 2018

Plz, let there be a sequel... I wanna see if Dashie gets her memories back...
And if she does, if she'll out for broken bones and wailing hearts after what those STUPID townponies did to her!!

7968885

11 years old? I'm impressed.

Umm, you said that the sequel was on hiatus? Do you mind if I try to come up with one? I’ll credit you, obviously.

By the way, I’m not sure of this idea so I put emphasis on the try.

8634665
Of course! I’ve basically given up on it anyway. :derpytongue2:
You can do whatever you please.

Let’s Hope
Rainbow Dash doesn’t turn into Cyborg Superman
Losing Sanity, going rogue, obsessed with revenge and hellbent to destroy the main hero.

Could there be a sequel?

Sad Ending please. I can't wait for a possible sequel.

Login or register to comment