• Published 30th Oct 2016
  • 308 Views, 22 Comments

Bloodwood - Sorren



A business executive hires a seasoned crew of loggers to head deep into the Everfree forest. They aren't supposed to be there. They shouldn't be there.

  • ...
9
 22
 308
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 3 )

Just by reading the description i can say that this stories concept is reminding me of the deer arc from the comics, though i have no doubt this will be alot darker and more violent then the comics ever made that arc.

mmm sounds like the tree tried to eat him.

:twilightoops:

(René Aubry - Trouble)
The forest is starting to get flat out nasty now. Like real proper X-Files things.

That was an interesting bit earlier about the magic absorption of the Bloodwood trees. Now I cannot help but wonder what would have happened if they actually succeeded with their lumber contract. I mean, assuming that this is not just some ploy by pony Majestic 12 or similar "no such agency" to sacrifice some patsies nopony will miss to satiate "The Forest", I cannot imagine the harvested wood would fetch much of a profit. Sure, Bloodwood may have a beautiful, one-of-a-kind grain and unique properties that make it a desirable material for working with, but the whole "weeping blood" and "paranormal malice" thing tends to hurt resale value.

Sometimes it's nice to know you aren't just hurling your words into the void.

I typically have the [M] filter enabled, so I missed these last few updates, but I have been enjoying this story so far. Really scratches that itch for a nice "man pony-vs-nature" horror thriller.

Login or register to comment