• Published 28th Oct 2016
  • 528 Views, 9 Comments

The Story Of Derpy Hooves - Sparkler Shine MLP



I've always been an outcast. Shadowed, unimportant. I thought I had friends, but I really didn't. It pained me, but now I realize that I can be something more than a "Ditzy Doo."

  • ...
 9
 528

Chapter Three: School Times...

The Story Of Derpy Hooves

Sparkler Shine MLP

Chapter Three: School Times...


So... School...

It wasn't the worst thing ever.

I remember those good old days when I was 5. I used to love school! But now that I think about it, mama began to be more distant from me after I attended school...

"Derpy..." Mama nervously said. "A-Are you sure that you want to attend school?"

I brightly smiled at her. "Of course! I wanna so badly!"

She faked a smile. "Okay. But if your having any trouble, tell me right away. And only be with the ponies that like you for you."

"Don't worry, mama!"

Lavender sighed. "I'll see you soon, make sure you eat your muffin. "She said, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Don't worry, mama! I love muffins a whole bunch!"

"I know you do, sweetie. Bye now!" She said, trotting off.

I smiled, looking at the welcoming schoolhouse.

Fillies and colts were running around at the playground. I smiled and walked over.

I didn't know that most of these ponies were going to become my closest friends when I grow up. It's nice to remember the encounters I had with them. But the first pony I saw was Rraity.

With everypony running around, I couldn't see much. But my left eye kept catching a violet flash. I pushed my way to the source, and I saw the most beautiful unicorn I've ever seen. Ever more pretty than mama!

You all know how Rarity looks, but she kinda looks different when she was a filly.

She had a more bright violet mane color when she was a filly. When Rarity reached her teens, she got a wonderful dark indigo mane color. As of now, she has a grey-purple mane color which still looks really pretty. But she had small little curls and the tips of her mane and tail. As a teen, she had a fully curled mane that was in a high ponytail, and one really curly tail. Her current mane and tail don't have its big curls. It's more wavy now, but she still looks like the pretty mare she's been since ever! Her eyes were the most clear pale diamond blue pools I've ever seen, and pure show white coat shimmered in the sunlight. On her flank rested three light blue diamonds, which stood out from her bright white coat.

She was stood next to the swing set talking to an earth pony who was playing on the set in a high Canterlot-like voice.

"Applejack, honestly! You should really think about styling your mane in a simple braid at least. You would just look fantastic!"

The filly simply shook her head. "No can do, Rarity. Ahm mighty sorry, but Ah ain't stylin' mah mane into some frilly princess braid!" She said in her southern accent.

"Arrgh! It's not a 'frilly princess braid', dear. It's as smile little braid."

The young filly only chuckled. "Rarity, Ah've been with ya mah whole life. I know ya enough."

"Humph!" She said, cheeks red with anger.

You know how Applejack looks. But as a filly, she was bright orange with white freckles covering her face. Her eyes were a wonderful shade of dark green, almost like a leaf of a ripe apple tree. She had her mane tied into a messy braid as a teen, and she now has a really pale yellow mane, and faded green eyes. But her amazing orange coat still remains. The three bright red delicious apples rested on her flank.

"C'mon, girls!" The pink pony said. "Why do you always need to fight? Can't we all just be friends and eat cake!"

"Pinkie Pie, darling. Things aren't always going to be friends forever!" Rarity said, putting her hoof on her pink friend's shoulder.

The earth pony only giggled. "Ooh... Trust me, Rarity! I've got this is the bag. In a bag of doughnuts that is!"

That was Pinkie Pie.

The bubblegum-pink earth pony with a shocking pink mane that was in a bunch of messy... Uh... A big fluffy ball of hair. She had dark blue eyes, and three balloons were on her flank. The right one was blue with a yellow string, so was the left one. However, the middle one was yellow with a blue string.

She wore a happy face while both Rarity and Applejack looked at her in confusion.

I took a deep breath in and came up to them.

"Hello! I'm Derpy Hooves!" I happily said.

"Oh, why hello Derp-" Rarity paused, looked at my eyes. "Oh my Celestia! Whatever happened to your eyes, dear?!"

"I think they look cute!" Pinkie said, coming up to me and sticking her hoof out. "I'm Pinkie Pie! Wanna be friends?!" She asked. All of a sudden, she gasped and ran away.

I stared at the direction she disappeared to, and was nearly about to cry. I then felt a hoof tench my shoulder.

"Now don't ya worry, Sugarcube! Rarity here was just shocked, and Pinkie just wants to throw ya a surprise party. Ah mean, ya didn't attend school for nursery or kindergarden. She's gonna go throw ya a party. Ah mean, that's how she got 'er cutiemark! And Pinkie's right, your eyes do look pretty nice." She assured.

I smiled and looked at Rarity, who had a guilty look on her face. "I never wanted to make you feel bad, dear. Like Applejack said, I was surprised. I hope we can make amends and still be friends." She said with a smile.

I nodded me head, and the three of us began to talk away.

After many minutes of talking, the school bell rang, and the fillies and colts scurried inside.

Rarity and Applejack walked in with me, and Pinkie Pie hurried them to their table. I was left alone, wondering what I was meant to do. The teacher came up to me with a smile.

"Hello, Derpy." She said, the edge of her glasses twinkling. "Once everypony settles down, I'll introduce you." She said, walking over to her desk to finish some work.

I gulped. The teacher looked friendly. She didn't scream when she saw my eyes. Come to think of it, Applejack and Pinkie Pie weren't scared when they saw me. Rarity was taken by surprise, and we became friends that day.

The teacher was an earth pony with a mixture of light brown and white, almost a yellow-cream color. She had a chestnut brown mane that was tied in a bun, and wore black glasses.

I never knew if she liked me or not. She may have thought I was a retard. I'm sure of that. She would never yell at me, and would always flash me sympathetic smiles. It's not fair, judging on an appearance!

But when the foals settled down, the teacher introduced me.

"Good morning, class! Today, we have a new student! Everypony, meet Derpy Hooves." Her cheerful voice sang.

I find that weird since she was talking so seriously a while ago.

"I want everypony to be nice to her. I can see that she's already met Applejack and Rarity, and she may have seen Pinkie Pie. Why don't you sit with Doc and Bon Bon?" The said, pointing to the table when two earth ponies were sitting.

One was a colt. The other was a filly. They smiled and waved at me. But when they saw my face, they froze. The colt just kept slowly waving his hoof at me, and the mare looked down. I felt bad. That was my first encounter with Bon Bon and Doc.

Doc... Nevermind that.

I slowly walked to the table and sat between the filly and colt. The teacher began to talk about the lesson.

"Uh... You're last name is Whooves?"

"Yep! Hooves!"

"First letter of that?"

"H."

"Oh, good! My last name is Whooves, but with a W, not and H."

"Huh, that's weird. So you're name is Doc Whooves?"

"Doctor Whooves. My friends call me Doc." He said, smiling.

He was light brown with a dark brown mohawk-styled mane and pale blue eyes. He had an hourglass for a cutiemark.

It was nice, Doc was one of those who accepted my eyes when he first saw me, even though he was creeped out.

"Hello, are you Bon Bon?" I asked.

"Oh, uh... Yeah..." She mumbled.

She was a cream-colored mare with a royal blue and pink curly mane, and aqua/teal eyes. Three blue and yellow striped candies were on her flank.

"Uh... Bon Bon. May I talk to you?" Doc said, moving closer to his friend.

The two were talking, I still don't know what it was about. I think Doc was trying to make sure Bon Bon would be more friendly to me. But that's enough. The teacher gave us our work, and I didn't really understand it.

"Are you having trouble?" Doc kindly asked.

I simply nodded, dumbfoundingly staring at my paper.

"I don't understand addition or subtraction. Mama never taught me."

"It's alright, I'll teach you." He said, moving closer to see the problems I got since the teacher gave out different worksheets.

Bon Bon was quiet for a long time. She hardly talked at all since I came to the table. I'm glad that the two of us were able to become friends.

The bell rang, signaling that it was time for lunch.

I scurried out the door to see if I could find Pinkie Pie. But nopony was anywhere. I decided to go and find Doc and Bon Bon, since I left them in the class. But when I got back, the entire place was empty! Not even the teacher was there!

I walked back to the park, and saw a a trail of pink streamers going behind the school. Curious, I followed the trail. The faint sound of music caught my ears, and I walked back inside the classroom.

But when I walked in, a huge party cannon blew in my face!

"Pinkie Pie!" The teacher yelled. "I said to be careful with that party cannon!"

"Heh, sorry..." Pinkie replied. She then turned to me with a wide grin on her face. Then, she began talking so fast that I couldn't tell if she was even speaking english! "Hello,I'mPinkiePie! Ihopeyouwern'tfeelingsadwhenIleft! Iwasjustsohappythatanewponyishereatschool, andIjusthadtothrowyouasuperbigfun-filledparty!"

I just stared at her. "T-Thanks..?"

Before you knew it, a familiar country accent reached my ears.

"Ah told ya Pinkie would throw ya a party."

I smiled and looked over at Applejack.

"Guess you were right!"

"Course Ah was." She said, flicking her mane and smirking at Rarity who simply scoffed.

I'm guessing something happened, and... That they had their little fight.

But I had a good first day. And mama was happy to hear that.

"Derpy!" Mama called, running to me.

I was standing with Doc, Bon Bon, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie.

"Mama!"

"How was your first day?" She asked. But when she saw the foals that were with me, she smiled. "Who are you lovely fillies and colt."

Rarity's eyes widened.

"Y-You're beautiful!" She exclaimed.

Applejack chuckled.

"This 'ere is Rarity. Ahm Applejack. Rares here is just a lil' fashion obsessed. For yer information."

"Applejack..." She murmured, but then smiled a little.

Pinkie Pie was stuck in a mouth-gaped position since mama got here.

"Uhm... Hello?" Mama asked.

"HellomynameisPinkiePie! It'ssonicetomeetyou! You'reDerpy'smom? Cool! We'reallgreatfriendsandit'snicetomeetyou!"

Suddenly, a blue-coated mare with a frosting-styled pink mane walked up.

"Pinkie Pie! Inisde voice!" She said.

"Sorry Mrs. Cake!" She chirped. "Bye!" She hopped off away from the school.

"You make your daughter call you Mrs. Cake?" Mama uneasily asked.

The mare only laughed.

"She's not my real daughter. She's the daughter of my friend, Cloudy Quartz. She and her husband own a rock farm not that far away from here. Sadly, Pinkie's destiny isn't on the rock farm, it's throwing parties. So, Cloudy wrote me a letter asking me if Mr. Cake and I would tale her in, and we happily excepted. And, I don't blame her for calling us Mr. and Mrs. Cake. We aren't her real parents after all. Not to mention her three sisters back home on the rock farm."

"Ooh... That makes far more sense." She said. "Thank goodness." She murmured, waving as the mare walked off. she then out on a smile for me and my friends. "Who are these other foals?"

"I'm Doctor Whooves!" Doc kindly said.

"Hooves?" Mama asked, confused.

"It's with a W." Bon Bon said. "I-I'm Bon Bon..."

I knew that we weren't real close, but we were kinda friends on that day.

As time passed, two new fillies came into the class, both from Canterlot. Vinyl Scratch and Octavia Cello. Surprisingly, me, Doc, Bon Bon, Octavia, and Vinyl formed a strong bond. Nopony really judged me, and that made me feel good. And I was feelings like that from a long time. But one small conversation can change your life forever...

"Derpy!" My mom called.

"Yes, mama?"

"I have some great news!"

"Yea?!"

"I've applied you for the Junior Speedsters Summer Flight Camp in Cloudsdale!"

"W-What?!"

"Part of being a pegasus is flying, and I'm a unicorn, I can't really teach you." Mama saw the sadness on my face, and lifted my chin up. "Don't worry, the school year is nearly finished. I've applied you for the first half, just to see how you're doing. If you don't like it, we can come back here.

"Okay..."

After that, everything changed. Everything...

Author's Note:

Sorry that this is so late! I have a confession, I'm Muslim, and I live in America. I was born here and grew up here, and the elections are tomorrow! I might move to England (since that's where my mom grew up) or Pakistan (where both my parents were born, and where my dad grew up). Yesh, so much work! My parents don't at all trust Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, and it's just too much! The thought of leaving your home and friends forever, your life not going to be the same ever again, I'm still young! And it doesn't help with my younger brother and sister who are twins!
It took forever to get this done. Basically from when the second chapter was published until now. Yesh, I wanna just jump off a cliff sometimes.:facehoof:
I'll try my best to be more active. I've loved My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic since I was 6! I was a Pegasister since the very beginning, and I'm staying that way.

~Sparkler Shine

Comments ( 1 )

7752742
Hit that like or dislike button, sistah! Anything ya wanna do is fine for mai!:yay:

Login or register to comment