• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 3,302 Views, 57 Comments

Torn of Harmony - Axel_Changeling



Chrysalis gets captured and thrown into solitary confinement. She begins to regret her past actions. Is there any chance for her to turn things around?

  • ...
9
 57
 3,302

Epilogue: The Gala

The Kingdom of Canterlot had been lit up like a Christmas tree. Many ponies from all across Equestria came to gather for the Grand Galloping Gala. Even Discord and many other creatures came to visit, including multiple Changelings and Griffons. Chrysalis stood in the dressing room with Twilight and the other Elements of Harmony. She was wearing a dark turquoise dress that Rarity made for her as a gift for the occasion.

“Oh Chrysalis, you look simply marvelous in that dress!” Rarity declared, staring at the Changeling Queen with pupils the size of tennis balls.

“Thank you Rarity. I don't know what I'd do without you,” Chrysalis blushed. "I sure hope people won't mind having the Changeling Queen being a guest at their most important event of the year."

“I'm sure all the other ponies will welcome you with open arms darling!”

“I sure hope so.” Chrysalis looked to the side.

“You hope so? After you've just saved Equestria from that creepy ghost thing, what makes you think that there would be any possibility that ponies would still hate you?” Rainbow Dash questioned.

“I don't know.. it's just that.. ponies might believe that I was simply acting in self defense. After all, that specter was attacking everyone, including me and my hive. Celestia may have told them the truth, but they still won't forget all the horrible things I did in the past.”

Applejack looked over at Chrysalis with a positive look on her face. “Well, maybe they won't forget, but we will be here to vouch for you Chrysalis,” Applejack suggested, whilst putting her hoof on Chrysalis's shoulder.

“Thank you.. thank you all,” Chrysalis smiled.

All the other ponies smiled back. Just then, a stallion stuck his head through the door, motioning Chrysalis and the mane six to come out on stage.

“That's our Cue. Lets go everypony!” Twilight cheered.

All seven of them walked onto the stage right next to Celestia and Luna. Chrysalis looked out towards the crowd. Many of them looked happy and excited, but some of them bore looks of worry. Some of them whispered to each other, and others gave a contemptuous scowl. Cadence and Shining armor also walked onto the stage, standing to the left of Chrysalis. Chrysalis looked over to them with a nervous look. They both looked back at her and gave a somewhat sheepish grin. Before Chrysalis could say anything to them, Celestia took a few steps forwards and began her speech.

“Citizens of Equestria. I wish to present to you our new guest of honor, Queen Chrysalis,” Celestia projected.

Almost all of the audience members cheered, some of them throwing their hats off into the air. Chrysalis was happy to see that most people were happy to see her, although she could hear a couple boo's and hisses from a few people in the crowd.

“Chrysalis saved our Kingdom, and has proven herself loyal to us all. She may have had a bit of a history, but she devoted herself to turning over a new leaf, and had earned my trust. I know that a lot of you haven't forgotten the attacks she issued on our kind. However, today is a time to celebrate the good she has done to make up for it. I hope that you are all willing to give her a chance, as did I for my sister Luna..”

Celestia looked out to the side of the crowd to see Discord pointing to himself with a wide grin on his face.

“..and Discord.”

Discord crossed his arms and smiled, winking at the rest of the crowd.

Celestia spread out her wings and smiled. “Now, let the celebration commence!”

Everyone cheered and began to dance to the music DJ Pon3 and Octavia began playing. Chrysalis stood at the side, watching everyone have fun. She had a lot of ponies ask for her autograph, and had answered a lot of questions. However, it wasn't long until Cadence and Shining Armor began to approach her. Chrysalis gave a surprised look, as her heart sank.

“Hello Chrysalis, can we talk to you for a second?” Cadence asked with a solemn look on her face.

“Sure, w-what is it?” Chrysalis replied.

“I.. me and Shining Armor just want to say that.. we are sorry for how harsh our letter was. I want you to know that we both forgive you for what you did. We misjudged you, and we should have given you another chance when we heard you were taking friendship lessons from Twilight,” Cadence's head drooped.

“We hope you still aren't upset because of what we wrote,” Shining armor added.

Chrysalis cracked a smile. She was glad that they both had finally forgiven her. Twilight was right all along.

“It's okay. I kinda still deserved it.” Chrysalis smirked, “I hope that from now on we can consider ourselves allies.”

“I would like that more than anything,” Cadence replied.

Cadence walked up to hug Chrysalis. Chrysalis was overjoyed by this. Despite all that she had done to her, she had finally been forgiven.

“We're happy for you Chrysalis for turning your life around,” Shining Armor smiled.

“We're all happy for you,” Said a voice behind Chrysalis.

Chrysalis turned around to see the mane six standing behind her, with Twilight in the front.

“Just look at how far you have come. All you had to do was give friendship a chance,” Twilight winked.

Chrysalis chuckled. “I'm just glad I had been given that chance.”

The ponies all gathered around and gave Chrysalis a group hug.

“To Chrysalis, the hero who saved Canterlot!” Yelled Luna.

“To Chrysalis!” The crowd replied, banging their mugs of cider together.

Chrysalis and the others continued to enjoy their night at the Grand Galloping Gala. Celestia had to admit that this was the best one yet. Nobody could have asked for anything more.

Author's Note:

Exactly 999 words :rainbowwild:.

Thank you all for your help and support. You all helped make this fanfiction a possibility and I appreciated all of your input and constructive criticism. Please let me know in the comments below what you thought of my first fanfiction. Have a great day!

Comments ( 20 )

Good ending.

Nice ending. I was wondering if Shining and Cadence would give up their anger to Chrysalis honestly I was hoping there would be more of a conflict, cause I love drama for some weird reason. I guess a lot of people don't like that, but that's just me. Still a nice simple ending. I liked it. :raritywink:

I'm glad you added the epilogue.

I liked it. It was very good for a first fic. However, I feel the battle scene should have been a bit longer; at least two or three chapters. I understand not wanting to get too bogged down but a bit more action would have been a good addition.There should be a bit more build up to the Gala. As a personal nit-pic, person is usually pony and there is no Christmas in Equestria; they would have a Hearths Warming tree.

7614378 Thank you for your input :twilightsmile:!

Awesome story. It was fun to read :)

7614378 That would be too long. One chapter is fine. Too long and it gets repetitive and dull.

Amazing!!!

7639142 Still, a good story.

7639171
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :raritywink:

Good story and idea
But the pacing is just too quick. This story should have been longer. Its a case of too much story not enough writting lol
But I still enjoyed it

Very nice ending. Chryssie really worked hard for her redemption.

For a first fic, this was really good, I've seen much worse fics from other authors that are their nth fic. You should work on richer descriptions and breaking up the series of 'he did she did' sentences. But I still liked it a lot, how to see more.

7663429
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it ^^. I'm afraid there isn't any more, but I did make a drawing and submitted it to derpibooru. https://derpibooru.org/1263155?scope=scped4f25d40c04d54f62aaec905fc19e4b7ad6f4dc7

7669436 Pretty nice drawing, congrats.

7674819
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it ^^.

Added a new chapter, "Games Ponies Play". Hope you enjoy it ^^.

I really thought that she was going to wake up at the end and it was all a dream :pinkiecrazy:

I've reread this for about the fifth time and still like it. I like redemption stories. It was a first story and I can see where there could be quite a bit added to further fill in the storyline. It will probably never be expanded but it is still a good read.

Is there any chance a sequel could happen someday in the future?

Login or register to comment