• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 1,187 Views, 14 Comments

The Spirits of Mana - Camlio



A story that I hope will become a new series A crossover with the Mana Series games.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,187

Chapter 6

I do not own the rights to My Little Pony Friendship is Magic or the Mana Series games.
Please support the official releases.

Ferrik woke up from his slumber in a rather awkward position, after falling asleep on the floor to not inconvenience his hostess Trixie. He was startled to find her sleeping with her head across his chest holding him closely. Sadly trying to move without waking the blue unicorn was impossible so he resigned himself to attempting to get some more sleep.

Sadly this was not to be as a knock sounded at the wagon's door. "Ferrik? Trixie? I'm sorry for bothering you so early but, are you both awake? I-If I'm bothering you I'll just come back later..." The timid voice of Fluttershy gave away that she was knocking. This stirred Trixie from her slumber who reacted to her position by blushing and running into the bathroom, leaving Ferrik to answer the door.

"Good morning Ms. Fluttershy. Is there something I can help you with?" The young knight said with a smile. Which the Pegasus gratefully returned.

"Oh yes, well um... you see a young lady showed up at my house last night and actually mentioned you by name. I'm sorry for not telling you right away but, I thought you might be tired..." Fluttershy hid her face behind her mane afraid that she did something wrong.

"It's alright, I'd like to know who they are and besides..." Ferrik's stomach grumbled loudly. "I haven't eaten since I got here... so mind if I join you for breakfast?" The pegasus nodded and the pair left Trixie's wagon with Trixie following closely and apologizing for the rude welcome.

-MANA-

"Ferrik your alright!" A green haired young woman wearing dancer's garb with a bow strapped to her back tackled the young knight in a hug. "Why did you leave like that you big goof? You could have at least told me where you were going. I didn't tag along with you the last time just for you to leave me behind now." She said with a smile as she released Ferrik.

"T-Tamber? How did you get here?" Ferrik said with a smile as he made sure he wasn't dreaming.

"That would be my doing young Knight." A majestic and Motherly tone said from behind Ferrik before the entire group realized that they had been teleported inside a large castle, along with the rest of Fluttershy's friends and a certain Blue Haired Thief.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight said with a smile as the ponies in the room bowed followed shortly by the Mana's Chosen.

"Good morning to you my faithful student and to your friends and guests as well." The sun princess said with a smile as she looked over the group stopping on Hawk for a moment. "Oh before I forget, Hawk of Navarre please step forward." The princess motioned to just in front of her and Hawk nervously stepped forward.

'Oh I'm so dead... Word on the street is that the princesses are living goddesses... I think a dungeon is the best case scenario here in all honesty." Hawk thought to himself as he approached Celestia.

Celestia stared at Hawk, her warm smile never leaving her face. "Hawk you have been reported for stealing 700 bits from the Manor of Prince Blueblood, is this true?" The thief only nodded seeing no reason to lie. This caused a few of the ponies present to gasp in shock. "Normally this type of situation would call for a few days in the dungeon but, due to what you did with the stolen goods I believe I can overlook it as long as you promise not to rob another of my little ponies again." Hawk nodded and bowed before the Princess.

"You have my oath that I shall not steal from another of your subjects again your majesty." Hawk said clearly and without a hint of false intentions. "The Navarre Thieves pride themselves on their honor, a shame that I am the only one left." He said sadly.

Celestia nodded and leaned her head close to Hawk so only he could hear what she said next. "If you promise that you can keep them out of trouble I bet some of my little ponies would be interested in your guild. Remember that it's only illegal if you get found out right?" She said which caused Hawk to nod with a knowing smile.

'I like this princess already.' He thought as he stepped back with a bow.

"Take care of yourselves my little ponies. Ferrik, Tamber, Hawk. Please keep my little ponies safe from the creatures that our enemy uses." The three nodded and bowed before the group was teleported from the Palace. "I just hope they're strong enough..." She added sadly after the group vanished.

-MANA-

Twilight approached Hawk and stared at him. "What did you do with 700 bits anyway?" She asked curious as to how the Thief could be penniless once more after stealing such a large amount of money.

"I gave all of it to that struggling orphanage at the edge of your town." He said with a calm smile as he started to walk away from the group. "Oh and by the way, if any of you need me just use a bird call." The thief performed said call to make sure they knew what he was talking about before dashing off again.

Tamber snapped to attention and pulled two objects from the pouch at her side. "Oh Ferrik, Moti told me to give these to you. Said you forgot them." She said with a smile as she held out the Gem Frame and a Wind Drum.

As Ferrik took the wind drum he smiled remembering that this was the only way to call the spirit of Flight Flammie. "Thanks Tamber, I can't believe I forgot it... is that a new Gem Frame?" He asked as he took the silver frame in his hands.

A marshmallow white unicorn with a styled purple mane and tail perked up at the name of the object. "Excuse me but, might I inquire as to why that's called a Gem Frame?" She eyed the device suspiciously but, when Ferrik pulled a flawless red stone from his pocket and placed it into the frame it became clear.

The frame buzzed and glowed with an otherworldly light for several moments before vanishing into Ferrik's pocket. "The Sword Mastery and Sword Expertise Gems?" Ferrik nodded to Tamber's question before unsheathing his sword and firing a shock wave from the blade.

When he held it up to guard a glowing shield appeared around him. "I always carried those two and you know it." Ferrik's display was cut short as his stomach grumbled causing the rest of the group to nervously laugh.

"Well it's almost lunch and I think we all do need some food. So let's have a spot of Lunch on me." Rarity said with a smile to a large amount of grateful nods towards her famous Generosity.

-MANA-

The Mantis ant finished building it's nest as Koren's image appeared before it. "I take it that you've finished your preparations." The monster nodded. "Good then you shall strike slowly and carefully. We don't want those fools finding out about me before I'm ready." Koren held up a glowing image of two ponies one Light Blue unicorn and the other a Butterscotch Yellow pegasus. "Bring me these two before you begin your assault they have been around the boy and may know his weakness. Do what you will with them but, I need them alive." The Ant nodded and decided to rest as Koren's image faded. Tonight it would strike. Tonight it would feed on Pony Flesh.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment