• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 1,183 Views, 14 Comments

The Spirits of Mana - Camlio



A story that I hope will become a new series A crossover with the Mana Series games.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,183

Chapter 1

I do not own the rights to My little pony Friendship is magic or The Mana series games. Please support the official releases.

In the skies above the town of Ponyville a young man with long auburn hair sits astride a white winged beast. Eight phantom shapes float around him one of the shapes which looked like a woman made from wood and growing palm tree leaves for hair spoke. "Young master, while you are indeed a hero to all I still believe that this mission is a bit too hard for one so young."

A second shape which looked like a rabbit-elf child playing with the wind spoke next. "I gotta agree with Dryad buddy, this job is going to be difficult, heck your reviving a Mana Tree for crying out loud! One that's been dead for over a millennium. That's not a walk in the park and until you find our spirits here we can't help you. Not to mention you won't be able to use the Mana Sword."

The young man smiled reassuringly towards the two phantoms. "Dryad, Jinn, will both of you please relax? I had already figured out most of that. This world seems peaceful enough that my normal sword should suffice besides I can call upon one of you for magic at any time right?" The spirits nod. "Well you can decide who gets to tag along amongst yourselves... Flammie Take us down please." At the young man's words the White winged beast flew downwards landing gently on the room of a schoolhouse. Which the young man flipped to the ground next too with practiced ease.

-MANA-

The day was shaping up to be another glorious summer day in Ponyville and the last day of school before summer break. The Colts and Fillies were actually paying attention to the guest speaker that the teacher Miss Cheerilee had asked to teach today. A lavender mare with a raven blue mane with purple and pink streaks through it. She was the one and only Twilight Sparkle, element of Magic and student of Princess Celestia who ruled the country alongside her sister Luna, who had also been roped into teaching while attempting to visit Twilight.

Ten minutes till the bell and Luna received a rather strange question, though the voice was from an older male and definitely from outside the classroom. "Your Highness if I may ask? What is the basic understanding of magic and how it is categorized?" Nopony turned to see the visitor instead wanting to know the answer themselves.

With a smile and nod from Twilight, Luna began the lecture. "Magic, In Equestria it is a common sight to see a Unicorn performing it. There are several schools of magic and each is tied to one of the Eight elemental spirits of Mana, though only four are ever used, these four are." Luna's horn lit up as a scratch on the nose of a certain tom-coltish orange pegasus vanished with a flash of green. "Restoration: Used mainly in the medical field this school allows for the treatment of wounds and injuries and other ailments, being the main reason that pony-kind is so healthy as a whole. It is tied with the Spirit of Wood. Dryad"

Her Horn glowed a second time as a flower that was dying on the teacher's desk sprung back to life with a brown glow. "Manipulation: The ability to create objects is a myth though altering things that already exist is entirely possible and this school is believed to be able to be accessed by Earth Ponies on a natural level when they are farming. It is tied with the Spirit of Earth. Gnome"

She spread her wings and flapped them twice before continuing. "Flight and Weather: While rarely used it is possible for unicorns to perform this school of magic, although it is mainly left in the capable hooves and wings of the Pegasi who can access these skills naturally. It is tied with the Spirit of Wind. Jinn"

Her horn glowed once again and she vanished with a pop and flash of light only to walk back into the class room with a smile now knowing who the visitor was. "and finally Shields and Teleportation: The spells in this school are extremely powerful and hard to perform yet those who can accomplish this are often expected to do great things. The Famous Captain of the Royal Guard turned Prince Shining Armor is one of the most well renowned users of this magical school. It is tied to the Spirit of Light. Wisp" Luna smiled and noticed that a few hooves had shot skyward now knowing the lecture was done.

"Princess Luna? I have a question." A Marshmallow white unicorn filly with a purple and pink mane and tail, asked and being the only unicorn to raise their hoof was responded too with the other children setting down their hooves conceding that she should ask. "If those spirits of magic really are there why can't anypony see them?"

The same voice from earlier started to respond after a chuckle. "That is a good question young one but, I have an answer." The voice said as it's owner entered the room revealing a young man with long auburn hair, he wore soft looking armor more suited to arid climates and had the sheath of a Shining Golden sword strapped to his back, with a regular sword strapped to his belt. "You see young unicorn, the reason you cannot see the spirits is because they are sleeping. When they are needed they will make themselves known. On that I can guarantee." With that simple explanation the bell rang and the students were too exited to be free from school to freak out about the unknown and very well armed creature that had just answered Sweetie Belle's question.

The same couldn't be said for the three older ponies in the room, while Luna had seen the visitor she shrugged off his strange appearance to being dizzy from teleportation so seeing as he was still the same she couldn't help but, ask. "Who and what are you?"

The young man bowed politely and spoke. "My apologies, my name is Ferrik and I'm the Knight of Mana."

Author's Notes~
For those who haven't played Children of Mana here's what Ferrik, Jinn, Dryad, and Flammie look like.
(Ferrik)

(Jinn)

(Dryad)

(And Flammie)