• Published 31st May 2016
  • 3,152 Views, 39 Comments

Bound By Spades - NewToThis



If Ace had known of the drastic changes his intervention would have for the world he was sent to, he'd rather have been left at the mercy of the World Government.

  • ...
4
 39
 3,152

First Impressions

A flash of blue goes off and Nightmare finds herself back in the cave she spent the morning in. She fumed at Celestia’s blind trust in that creature, but honestly the fact that she even still drew breath made her fume, no other actions necessary. For now, she would have to think of how to beat Ace and the bearers of the elements. ‘We should find a way to test the limits of his abilities.’ Nightmare stood in the middle of the cave pondering what she could do. She winced when she opened her wings to give them a stretch, while it felt less extreme, pain still coursed through them. “We will not forgive him for this, and we will return the favor tenfold.” She said with a growl. ‘Tis been to long since we had a worthy adversary. Tis going to be an enjoyable experience.’ Nightmare Moon started to laugh, quietly at first and slowly growing into a full blown cackle that echoed in the cave and rang throughout the forest. ‘But first we must find somewhere more suited for our stay.’ Nightmare turned into a shadowy whisp and took off into the forest sticking to the shadows.


Ace paid no mind to the few gawking residents of Ponyville they passed as he was being led around town by Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy. Pinkie had left not to long after the tour began, whispering something to the other mares and hopping off with a giggle. Fluttershy still had yet to try talking with him but he often caught her looking at him out of the corner of his eyes. ‘Guess I must’ve left quite the impression on that one.’ The tour had started once the group had reached the marketplace, Pinkie had gotten distracted the first minute they were there and had left the group the next. The ponies led him deeper into the market passing stalls and shops. Ace took note of the fact that most stalls were in fact empty or help incredibly nervous ponies behind the counters. “Really warm reception, it almost feels to over the top.” Ace said sarcastically.

“Hah! Jus’ wait ‘til yah see what Pinkie’s got cookin’ up for yah.” AJ said with a small chuckle and eye roll. ‘Oh great’ Ace sighed mentally, ‘Even more surprises.’

“So where should we go next girls?” Twilight asked, “After all I’m still pretty new to Ponyville myself.” Twilight said with a light laugh and a small embarrassed smile.

After a moment of silence Rarity decided to speak up. “Well if you wouldn’t mind, I actually need to get back to work on my new line of clothes. We can take Portgas over and show him my boutique. Maybe I can get his measurements in case he takes me up on that offer for a shirt or for helping me.” Rarity began walking down the street and the group followed. “It won’t take too long Portgas dear, I promise.”

The group walked on for a couple more minutes with the three mares making small talk with each other while Ace listened and wondered how long it would take Fluttershy to do anything other than stare. If he tried talking first he was pretty sure it wouldn’t end well for either of them. He heard Applejack mention something about an apple buck season, while Twilight talked about all the things she still wanted to ask about where Ace came from. Considering none of her questions were directed at him, he decided to stay quiet. Rarity kept on about her new clothing line and the possibilities that would open up with Ace’s help. ‘Should ask why she keeps calling me Portgas. I mean it is in my name but I’m not used to that.’

Within a few more minutes their destination was within sight. It was a building that was really easy to spot, mainly because of the fact that it looked like a carousel. “There it is,” Rarity said with delight, she ushered in her friends as she held the door open with her magic. “Welcome to the Carousel Boutique, where everything is chic, unique, and magnifique.” As the group walked in the they saw pony shaped mannequins all over the room, some with full outfits on while others had what looked like works in progress. Ace looked around the room spotting a doorway that lead deeper into the shop, past said doorway he noticed tables filled with sketches and boxes filled to the brim with different types of cloth and materials. “Portgas this is my home and shop, the first floor has all I need to make any clothes anypony could desire, and the second floor serves as my home.”

Ace’s attention was taken from examining the room to listening as he heard hoofsteps making their way down the steps. He peered at the stairwell out of the corner of his eye when he heard the hooffalls stop. He saw white fur, pink and light purple hair, and a pair of green eyes staring at him in curiosity and wonder. The second their eyes met he heard a squeak and whoever had been looking at him ran back up the stairs. Ace smirked as he let out a small chuckle, “Well I guess I’ll let you take those measurements now Rarity.” Ace said in an even tone.

“That’s wonderful!” Rarity beamed, “Have you given any thought to what shirt you would like? Oh, if you like I could try to-” Rarity was stopped from finishing her sentence as she heard a crash come from the second floor. “Oh dear, if you all will excuse me for a second I must go and check to see the extent of a mess Sweetie made this time. I should probably make sure she’s okay too.” With a slight bow Rarity excused herself as she made her way up the stairs.

Rarity walked into her room and saw boxes knocked over on the floor and a slightly worried Sweetie Belle between them. “Oh Sweetie, what’s wrong?”

“What was that thing you brought?” Rarity’s little sister whispered.

“What thing Sweetie?” She asked.

“That thing that was standing in the middle of the shop.” Sweetie didn’t know what exactly put her off about him but she sure didn’t like something about him.

“Are you talking about Portgas?” Rarity let out a small sigh as she looked at her sister and saw the unease she was feeling. “Sweetie you have nothing to be worried about. Portgas is a new friend we made when he helped us fight Nightmare Moon. If it weren’t for him, we might’ve not made it back as well as we did.” When all Sweetie did in response was look down at her hooves Rarity let out a small sigh when an idea came to her. “Why don’t I go introduce you to him, I think once you get to know him you’ll see he has a good heart.” Rarity said with a smile. “Now come along or I’ll drag you down those steps if I have to.”

Sweetie sighed and followed Rarity wishing she hadn’t said anything. As the two made it down the stairs they could hear the group talking in the other room. Ace was finishing up his story when the sisters walked in.

“The last time I wore any upper body clothing was when my search took me to the winter islands. Extreme cold and I don’t really mix well together.”

Rarity cleared her throat to get the attention of the room, when all eyes were on her and her sister hiding behind her legs she spoke, “Portgas I’d like to introduce you to my little sister.” As she said this she took a step to the side to reveal Sweetie Belle who suddenly had an increased interest in the floor. “Sweetie Belle, this is Portgas D. Ace. Portgas, this is my sister Sweetie Belle.”

Neither said a word as Ace looked at Sweetie and Sweetie still stared at the floor. ‘Well this is off to a bad start.’ As Ace became lost in his thoughts he hadn’t noticed Sweetie shift her gaze from the floor to him. Once Ace had wrapped up his thoughts and focused back on the pony in front of him he was somewhat surprised to see her staring right at him.

When his gaze met Sweetie’s she recoiled slightly and looked to the side rubbing the back of her head with a fetlock. “Hi.” She said in a soft voice. She looked at Ace when he opted to stay silent and the second their eyes met he nodded his head. She gave him a confused yet slightly displeased look.

Ace laughed when he saw the look Sweetie was giving him. ‘Guess I should at least return the favor.’ “Hi. You can call me Ace if you like.” Sweetie dropped the slight frown she had. While not exactly a smile her face shifted enough for Ace to know she was thinking something else.

“Well with the introductions out of the way, how about I pick up where I left off. Now as I was saying Portgas, have you given the shirt any thought or would you rather I try and surprise you with a shirt myself?”

“That won’t be necessary Rarity, I’m willing to help you with the new clothing line but I won’t be needing any shirts.”

“Oh,” Rarity’s face slightly fell before taking on a devilish grin, “So is there any reason you prefer to go around without a shirt? Or are you just going around showing off?”

“Hmph,” Ace said with a small laugh, “As a matter of fact that is the reason.” Ace wasn’t looking at Rarity when he answered so he missed the light blush he caused the mare. “Ever since I got Whitebeard’s jolly roger on my back I’ve not worn shirts unless I needed to protect myself from extreme weather conditions. I am proud to be a part of the Whitebeard Pirates and there should be no reason for me to hide it. Thank you for the offer though.”

“Actually, I was wondering about that,” Twilight decided to speak up, “You say that that’s Whitebeard’s jolly roger but it doesn’t have a beard.”

“Well neither does the captain.”

“Then why Whitebeard?”

“I never bothered questioning him.” Twilight pouted as she was yet again left without answers she wanted.

While the two had been talking Rarity had been at work taking Ace’s measurements, when she started she had needed to fight down a blush that had formed. She knew Ace had a toned body that much was obvious, but there was a difference in seeing the muscles and being this close and working with it in a sense. She went on with what she had to do though, measuring his arm span, chest, height, and waist. Once she was done she took yet another deep breath to calm herself and thought of the ways she could modify his measurements to work with minotaurs or any other species that might come along with his same physique.

“And with that I’m done dear, I have all your measurements. While I am sad that you forego letting me make you something I can respect your choice and the reasoning behind it.” Rarity went to the backroom and left all that she had used to take Ace’s measurements there. “I thank you for your help Portgas.” She said with a slight bow of her head.

“Don’t mention it, but we’ve probably already taken up enough of your time.” Ace started making his way towards the door, once his hand had a grip on the doorknob he turned his head, “Good luck with your new designs.” Ace opened the door and walked out into the street. Twilight was the first to say her goodbyes and first out the door to make sure Ace didn’t cause a scene or get lost, followed by AJ and Fluttershy.

AJ and Twilight were leading the group towards Sweet Apple Acres deciding to show Ace the farm. Ace was a small distance behind the two and Fluttershy behind him. Once the group had reached Sweet Apple Acres, AJ had decided to give Ace a small tour of the place. “First off, we should probably introduce yah to mah family so they don’t get to worried if yah do end up workin’ on the farm.” AJ led the group towards the barn. “My older brother Big Macintosh and my little sister Apple Bloom help me around the farm with the chores. Granny Smith normally does her own thing.” From a distance AJ had spotted her granny asleep on her rocking chair in front of the house. AJ let a small laugh out at the site as she started trying to wake her.

“Granny, wake up. There’s somepony Ah’d like yah tah meet.” AJ said as she shook the old mare lightly.

Granny Smith awoke with a sputter looking around wildly, “Hmm, Huh? Wha?” She stopped moving when her eyes fell on Ace. She looked at him and narrowed her eyes, “What’re you?” She asked Ace with narrowed eyes.

“Granny Ah’d like tah introduce yah tah Ace. He helped us against Nightmare Moon in the forest. Ace this is mah Granny Smith.”

“It’s a pleasure ma’am, as for what I am, I’m a pirate.”

“Ah didn’t ask what yah did, Ah asked what yah are.” She said again.

Ace looked at the elderly green mare before speaking again. “I’m a human.”

Before either could say anymore Applejack asked a question she wanted an answer to. “Granny, where are Bloom an’ Big Mac? Ah should introduce ‘em tah Ace too, wouldn’t want them goin’ crazy if he ever stops by tah help with the chores.”

“Last Ah saw yer sister she was headin’ inside, Big Mac’s been in the orchard most of the day.” Once Granny Smith had finished she closed her eyes and relaxed in to her chair again. “Now scoot, tryin’ tah nap.”

AJ thanked her granny and opened the door to enter. As her friends followed her in Ace opted to be the last to enter giving Applejack a chance to explain to anyone that might be in there before entering.

AJ entered her home and was greeted at the door by a yellow foal with a red bow atop her head. “Applejack!” Apple Bloom shouted as she tackled her sister’s legs in a hug. AJ let out a laugh and bent down hugging the foal.

“Howdy Apple Bloom.” Applejack said with a smile as she pulled back from the hug. “You finished up the chores while Ah was gone right?” She said with a raised eyebrow and a smile. Apple Bloom nodded vigorously with a big smile. AJ let out a content sigh, “That’s good to hear,” Applejack started, but when she noticed her sister getting ready to tear off to another part of the house she stopped her. “Now hold on a second Apple Bloom, there’s somepony Ah want yah to meet.” Apple Bloom stopped in her tracks as she stared at her older sister with a tilt of her head. AJ turned her head only to find Twilight and Fluttershy behind her. With a raised eyebrow she looked to the door and spoke, “Why yah standin’ out there Ace? Come on inside. Say hi to mah lil sister.”

Apple Bloom stood still staring at the door as a bipedal creature walked into her home. To say she was stunned would be an understatement. She opted to get out of her thoughts at the moment and keep an eye on the thing that had just walked into her home. Since her older sister apparently trusted it then it must at least be somewhat friendly but she still felt like he needed to be watched.

This time Ace opted to get straight to the point, he’d had enough awkward silences paired with staring contests. “My name is Portgas D. Ace, second division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates.” Apple Bloom’s eyes widened at the news that he was a pirate.

“Maybe starting with the pirate part isn’t such a good idea Ace.” Twilight interjected. Ace looked back at her and shrugged since it was already too late.

“Why’d yah bring a pirate home Applejack.” Questioned the filly.

AJ rolled her eyes with a smile, “He’s not just a pirate Apple Bloom, if it weren’t fer him we would’a been in some real trouble back in the forest. He helped us fight against Nightmare Moon.”

Apple Bloom’s eyes shot wide again, however this time instead of worry awe was the culprit. “You fought off Nightmare Moon? How strong are yah? Can yah do magic? Can yah help me find my cutie mark?”

“Whoa there sugarcube one question at a time.” Ace let out an amused grunt as soon as AJ had interrupted. “Now Ah’m sure you must be excited but you just hold on, we haven’t even finished the tour so Ace can’t go play yet.” AJ turned back to Ace with a sigh, “Well that makes two outta three, let’s go find Big Mac then we can see about teaching yah a bit of applebucking before yah run off to the next place.” As AJ finished she turned back and headed out the door starting her walk towards the orchard.

Apple Bloom had decided to tag along with them into the apple orchards hoping she could at least get an answer to one of her questions, but before she got to ask she was asked a question. “Hey Apple Bloom, do yah know where exactly in the orchard Big Mac is, all granny told us was that he’s been in here most of the day.”

“Ah can take yah tah the last part Ah saw him workin’. Ah dunno if he’s still there though.” With her thoughts interrupted and now preoccupied with leading the group Apple Bloom had forgotten that she wanted to ask Ace questions. As Apple Bloom led the group farther into the orchard Ace couldn’t help but look at the scenery, the apples were absolutely stunning. The red shine in the light of the setting sun certainly made them incredibly appealing.

The group hadn’t walked that much further until they crossed paths with a built red pony leaning against one of the trees with his eyes shut and a stack of empty buckets to his side. “Is everyone sleepin’?” AJ kicked Big Mac in the hoof. “Wake up Big Mac.” She said in an authoritative tone. Big Mac had been startled by the kick and had lost his balance on the tree causing him to fall to his side and make a mess of the buckets. When he heard AJ scolding him he shot to his hooves and set his sight forward, right at Ace’s chest. He took on a confused look before turning his gaze upward and staring into the face of Ace.

Before anyone could do anything Applejack spoke up, “Now that yer awake did yah finish the chores?”

Big Mac spared a glance at Applejack. “Eeyup.”

“Ok then, Big Mac this is Ace. He helped us out when we went up against Nightmare Moon in the forest. Ace this is mah brother Big Macintosh, he’s not really one for words.”

Big Mac nodded at Ace and Ace nodded back with no need to exchange words.

“Now how ‘bout we teach yah a bit about applebucking before yah go.” Ace responded with a shrug. “Ah’ll take that as a yes.” Applejack walked up to a tree and turned to have it at her back while her to siblings set up the buckets under the tree. “Now all yah gotta do is kick the tree after yah set the buckets on the ground to catch the apples.” AJ demonstrated as she sent her hind legs flying into the tree with a thwack. The tree shook as the force of her kick caused a good portion of the apples to fall into the buckets. “Now it’s yer turn, pick a tree, we’ll put some buckets under it this time and kick it fer all yer worth.”

As soon as Ace had picked out a tree he looked back at AJ with a question on his mind. “Are you sure you want me to kick it as hard as I can? I’d really hate to ruin one of your trees.”

Before AJ could reply Apple Bloom tossed her own opinion on the floor. “The Apple Family’s apple trees are the best in all of Equestria. Yer gonna have tah give it yer all if yah don’t wanna hurt yerself.”

Ace looked back at AJ with a hint of uncertainty in his eyes that was wiped as soon as he saw her expression of pride. “If yer worried about hurtin’ yerself Ah’m pretty sure Twilight here could fix yah up nice an easy with her magic, or could it be that yer scared that yah won’t be able tah do it?”

Ace smirked as he realized that she was trying to egg him on. ‘Well if they think their trees can take it who am I to deny them my best.’ With all doubts gone Ace turned to the tree and readied himself. “You all might want to stand back in case this gets a little out of hand.” The groups question of what hands were stopped the second they heard Ace’s kick connect with the tree. The crack and groan the wood let out alerted the group that Ace’s kick had done something none of them expected. His kick had torn through the bark of the tree at the point of contact causing a shower of splinters to rain on the side opposite of his kick. Ace smiled internally as he heard the surprised gasps of the ponies behind him as he braced himself to grab the tree before it fell on anyone.

“I tried warning you about your tree.” Ace said as he stopped it with his right hand completely outstretched upwards, stopping the tree from landing on the group.

Apple Bloom was the first to react, “Whoa.” Was all she could get out and even then it was in a quiet tone.

“Land’s sake Ace, maybe yer best was more than we bargained for.” AJ said with a whistle. Big Mac shook his head as he agreed with AJ.

“So…” Ace started, “What are you gonna do with the tree?”

“Well Ah’m hopin’ Twilight can hopefully put it back together with her magic, short of that Ah dunno. This isn’t exactly a problem Ah deal with every day.” AJ turned to Twilight and stopped before she could ask her question. Twilight stood there with a furrowed brow, eye twitching faster than what anyone would consider normal.

Fluttershy was the first to try and talk to Twilight. “T-Twilight? Are you ok?” She asked in a soft tone flecked with worry.

Twilight took a few calming breaths as some of her mane stood out on end and out of place. She closed her eyes as best she could and focused on her breathing, her eye stopped twitching and her brow unfurrowed but she still held a frown. “I can understand if that was because of your devil fruit powers but seeing as how nothing burst into flames how exactly did you manage to do that.” She half screamed as she pointed her hoof at the stump that used to be connected to the tree in Ace’s hand.

“I’m stronger than I look.” Was all Ace offered in response and in turn caused more of Twilight’s mane to jump out of place.

“Well Ah’m gonna take the same approach as Ah do with Pinkie and not question it. Now come on, can yah or can’t yah fix mah tree Twilight?” AJ asked.

Twilight hung her head with a defeated sigh, “I’m not sure Applejack but I’ll give it a shot.”

As Twilight got to work on trying to deal with Ace’s mess Apple Bloom took it upon herself to start the conversation. “How are yah that strong?”

“Believe it or not I once broke a thicker tree with the same kick when I was smaller.” Ace smiled as Apple Bloom’s eyes went wider than before. Ace looked back and saw that Twilight had indeed been able to put the tree back together.

“Thank yah kindly Twilight, and Ace, if yah do come and help some time maybe dial it down a bit. Ah still dunno how this tree will grow after that much magic was poured into it.” Ace nodded in response. “Well it’s gettin’ pretty late, we better high tail it if we don’t want to be late.”

Ace didn’t know what Applejack had meant when she said that but he opted to stay quiet and follow Twilight as she led them back to Ponyville. ‘Well it’s been an interesting day to say the least. I have to wonder how everyone else is doing though. I really hope Blackbeard hasn’t gotten his hands on Luffy.’ Ace’s thoughts were interrupted as a surprised gasps and shouts came from down the road. When he looked he was met with the sight of an orange pegasus with a purple mane and tail on a scooter. It was zipping all along the road dodging ponies and carts left and right. However, its streak was cut short as it lost focus when Ace entered its line of sight, all it took was that one second for the pegasus to miss a rock in its path that the scooter just so happened to hit. Judging by the pitch of the scream when the Pegasus went flying towards Ace she was a mix of shocked and afraid.

Scootaloo hadn’t known what had happened, one second she was on one of her best rides and then the next she was airborne heading straight towards something she had never seen before. She flapped her wings as hard as she could but it was to no avail. She collided with it a second later but to her surprise she hadn’t fallen or gotten yelled at for her recklessness yet. She slowly opened her eyes and saw she was within the grasp of the creature. She looked up at its face but didn’t see anger. Granted she didn’t see any mirth either she didn’t know how to react. She gulped and in as even a voice as she could accomplish she spoke to it. “U-Um thanks for the save, but y-you can put me down now.” To her surprise a small smile crossed its face and he put her on the ground.

“No problem kid. I’m Ace by the way.” ‘Time to see how this one reacts.’

She looked up at him with slight shock before clearing her throat and looking to the side. “I’m Scootaloo. So what are you exactly?”

“Well my full name is Portgas D. Ace, I’m a human and the second division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates.”

“You’re a pirate?!” The speed of her response had caught Ace slightly off guard, not that his face had betrayed his feelings.

“Yep. On the seas I’m known as Fire-Fist Ace and I have a bounty of 500,000,000 Beri.” The one reaction he hadn’t expected from the ponies after all the ones he had met was the exact one he got next. Scootaloo’s eyes widened in awe, and the only coherent thing he could make out of what she said next was something along the lines of ‘that’s so cool’. “Well I certainly wasn’t expecting that response.”

“Heh figures Scootaloo would take a likin’ to yah. Yah see Scootaloo here is also Rainbow’s number one fan and as yah can see she’s also a bit of a dare devil herself.”

“We should probably hurry over to Sugarcube Corner, I don’t think I want to see Pinkie’s reaction if we show up late.” Twilight said as she started leading the group to their destination.

When the group stood in front of the gingerbread looking building Ace was surprised to find it pitch black inside. He knew that the sun had started setting a while ago but he didn’t think it warranted the building to be that dark even without lights turned on. What shocked him more was the fact that the ponies were just walking in and disappearing into the darkness without a worry or care. All except for Fluttershy who now stood in front of him waiting patiently.

Ace eyed the mare, curious as to what she was up to. She stood there looking at him, not saying anything but looking like she had something she wanted to say. “So what’s on your mind?” Ace was taken by surprise when instead of getting a verbal response Fluttershy had cleared the space between them much faster than he thought she would and wrapped her hooves around his torso. She whispered a ‘thank you’ so quiet that even he would’ve missed it had he not been struck quiet by her actions. She let go not to long after she spoke and gave him a small smile before walking into the dark building.

Ace was the only one left outside the building, even the ponies that had been around the town not too long ago had also seemed to disappear. With his face set in stone he took a few steps into the building trying his hardest to listen only to find complete silence as his reward. He looked around before a flash of light forced him to cover his eyes and his ears were assaulted with a shout.

“SURPRISE!” Ace slowly opened his eyes as he took in the sounds that weren’t there a few seconds before. His eyes widened once he saw the building he was in, it was full of ponies, food, and countless other things strewn about everywhere. Music blared from a booth with a white unicorn and gray pony with a cello. The fact that this many ponies had managed to be completely quiet surprised Ace more than the party did. As he looked around the room he spotted a certain pink pony hopping towards him.

“Hiya Ace!” She said in a really happy tone. “You like your party?” She asked with an expectant smile. When Ace relayed his surprise Pinkie let out a giggle, “That’s a Pinkie Pie guarantee, my surprise parties are very surprising. Anyway this is your Welcome to Equestria party, hosted by yours truly.” Pinkie flourished her hoof at everything and finally at herself. “We got food over there, games over there, dancing over there, and who knows how many more things I fit in in here.”

“Thank you for doing this, it wasn’t necessary though.” Ace said.

“Yes it was silly, I wanted to show you how glad I am that you showed up. We got a new friend and someone to help us go get Nightmare. Now enough of this chatter lets go have fun!” Pinkie took off with Ace in tow dragging him along by the arm. She dragged him to the game’s first where she competed with him in all of them, Ace was surprised when they finished the last game and it ended in a draw. Pinkie let out a sigh and heard her stomach grumble, she brightened as it gave her an idea to settle the draw though. “Ace lets have an eating contest to settle the draw. Whattaya say?”

Ace smirked as he narrowed his eyes at the pink pony, “You’re on.” The crowd that had gathered around them whooped and hollered at the aspect of the next event. It had been a really long time since anyone had been foolish enough to accept or ask Pinkie Pie to an eating contest.

It didn’t take long for the ponies to get everything set up for the two contestants, they each had their own table filled with plates of sweets and there were more ponies who stood to the side of both with even more plates. Considering Ace hadn’t eaten since he had woken up he was ecstatic that this was happening, albeit a little less than he would be had he gotten meat but he was hungry and there was food in front of him. Both of them waited, eyeing each other while the ponies counted down to the start of the competition.

“Five!” The entire crowd chanted along with the countdown.

“Four!” Everypony except for Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy who each eyed both of them with worry.

“Three!” The tension in the room kept growing as the count got closer to zero.

“Two!” Ace cleared his mind and took a breath as he opened his eyes determined to win this contest.

“One!” Pinkie was soaking up the cheer from the ponies, she could barely sit still anymore.

“EAT!” With that one word uttered both of them dove into the plates in front of them, Ace and Pinkie were blurs as they cleared plates faster than anyone expected. Whole platters of cupcakes disappeared from both tables at equal speeds. Cakes were there one second and gone the next. Any and all pastries were devoured equally with no hesitation from either side. More ponies had to help clear the tables and set more food for the two as they cleared it faster than it could be set. At this rate it looked like they would run out of food before one of them gave out, until Ace fell face first into a pie, right hand still holding a cupcake that he had been about to eat. There were no cheers, there were no boos, the only thing that met the ears of the shocked ponies was silence until someone had decided to break it. “I-is he dead?” Once that sentence had been uttered all the ponies began whispering and talking amongst themselves. The bearers stared at Ace horror on their faces and sorrow in their hearts. Granted they hadn’t known Ace that long but after all they had been through they all considered him a friends. They each took in the sight differently, Twilight just stood stock still looking at Ace, AJ had taken her hat off as a sign of respect, Fluttershy had grabbed onto Rarity and was silently crying in to her shoulder while Rarity tried her best to comfort her friend, but Pinkie had yet to do anything, she sat there frozen staring at Ace with watery eyes.

She swallowed the food she had been chewing before Ace fell on his face and slowly made her way to him. She got up next to him with a frown on her face and she tried shaking him slightly. “Ace?” She said in a quiet voice that could give Fluttershy a run for her money. “C’mon Ace.” She said once more. When this garnered no response she hung her head and closed her eyes with a sniffle. The entire crowd lowered their heads not knowing what to make of this situation as once again silence took over the party. Yet it was in this silence that another sound was heard, a sound coming from Ace, Pinkie shook Ace a little more and his head fell from resting on his face to resting on the side of his face. The sound was clear to all of them now as it echoed through the quiet building.

"SNRRRKKKKT!"

The entire crowd let out one shout in unison with rage and disbelief.

"HE FELL ASLEEP!!!"

Author's Note:

Alright all, this chapter actually gave me a bit of trouble and i feel like there's still something wrong but oh well, anyway most of this chapter i had fun writing even if i took it a bit to dramatic at one point. S'all good though, anyway hope you enjoyed it, if you did I'd appreciate if you told me what exactly you liked, or what youre hoping for later on. or even what youre hoping not to see. anyway its 10:15 pm here so Happy fourth, hope you enjoy the way you celebrated America day.

Comments ( 12 )

Ace...you really need to see somepony about narcolepsy issue.

The best part is hands down the ending:rainbowlaugh:

And there it is!

For people that are either here looking for updates or reading it the first time around I'd like to say thank you for taking an interest in my story. With that out of the way I have a bit of unfortunate news, I am currently broke so I won't be able to pay my cellphone bill or my WiFi bill and I don't know how long it'll be until I can. Don't worry too much though, I'm not giving up on my story I just won't be able to update until sometime later. Anyway thanks again, I'll try and get this resolved asap but I'm sure we all know how bad finding a job can be with no experience. See you all later.

very Good Story :)

:twilightsmile:

Ah that ending was what I was waiting for.

7588674 Couldn't leave that out of the story. Still feel like I made it bit too dramatic though

that comes from alabasta... right?

7663216 Indeed it does, but it's been seen in various other scenes that he'll spontaneously nap while eating

do you still plan to continue this story? please say yes

7954597
I do plan on continuing but it's beyond slow going, back to the fact that I have no idea where I was originally taking this story I've been trying to find long term goals to reach in it and I haven't had much luck. While I originally didn't fancy the idea of brainstorming with people reading the story I might consider a certain few that have already asked after this long a silence. Honestly I don't exactly know if I'd get back much readers but I'm still working on it that much I can assure you.

DAng it Garp your Narcolepsy rubbed off on your grandkids.

Login or register to comment