• Published 9th Jul 2016
  • 1,566 Views, 90 Comments

The fast and the fluttershy - Viper Freak

  • ...
9
 90
 1,566

Dodgie

Dodgie

Well, that's something you don't see every day, You thought as you stood outside Fluttershy's cottage, the mare herself standing next to you with the same surprised look on her face as you did.

This all started just minutes ago in the early morning with a loud roar and screeching sounds, waking the both of you up and quickly got outside to see what's happening.

You looked toward Fluttershy, ‘So,’ you tentatively began as the red streak that was the cause of the commotion went past the cottage, ‘I guess that this isn’t something that happens out here?’

The mare shook her head slowly as she kept her eyes on the spectacle that happened in front of her home.

You turned back to the scene just in time to see the red streak pass yet again. It was doing that ever since the two of you stepped out.

Oké, You thought, getting rather annoyed after you saw it pass by a couple of times more, this needs to stop. without any warning, you took off toward the road the red blur had chosen to have its exercise on, making Fluttershy let out a gasp of shock when she saw what you were up to.

Without regarding your own safety, you stepped onto the road the thing was using, ‘Oh I can’t watch this!’ you heard Fluttershy exclaimed as you readied yourself to intercept, taking a quick glance toward the mare, you saw that she had her hooves in front of her face and was quivering slightly.

But you didn’t have enough time to do something about it, for the one you were trying to stop was on its way back and heading straight for you, Why did I think this was a good idea? you thought as you placed one foot behind you and lowered yourself into a defensive stance, holding your arms stretched and hands open in an attempt to force it to stop.

Although it didn't seem to be slowing down, in fact, it seemed to be speeding up as it got you in its sight, the distance between you and it was getting really small really fast.

You scrunch your eyes shut and looked away, preparing for it to crash into you, even going as far as to yell ‘Stop!’ even though you didn't think it would work.

But instead of feeling it crash into you, you heard the sound of it digging into the ground as it tried to stop, only feeling a light tap against your shin as it came to a halt.

You slightly turn your head back and slowly opened one eye just far enough to see, finding yourself looking at Stryker, which was perched on its usual spot on the red metallic contraption in front of you, though the corner of its mouth looked like to be turned up more as if it was smirking at you, but that could be your imagination.

You started to relax and fully face your car, which apparently became sentient overnight, or was it sapient? You didn’t know which word you needed here, all you knew that it was now moving on its own.

As you watched it, you had the strange feeling it wanted something from you. Seeing as it just listened to you, the only sentence came to mind you would normally be used on a dog, ‘Uhm, good boy?’

The effects of those few words were directly noticeable, as it did a little jump back before it lifted the trunk in the air and shook it like crazy, hearing some loose bits rattling in it.

Even though you had no clue what to do now, it looked like someone did, ‘Oh you’re just like a cute puppy aren’t you?’ Fluttershy cooed as she flew over to the car and started to pet it on the roof as if it were one of her furry creatures, the car using its engine to make a purring noise as it leaned into her touch.

Your brain was overheating itself as it went over all the thoughts running through it, but one thing kept coming back to the front of your mind, ‘How the heck did this happen!’

‘I don’t know,’ Fluttershy said as she kept petting before looking at you with a smile on her face, ‘but I bet Twilight could find it out.’

You looked worriedly at the car, on one hand, was Fluttershy right, Twilight seems to know a lot and if this is some kind of magic, she would be the one to know the most about it, but on the other hand, you didn’t want to see him be turned into some kind of science experiment or worse, that he’ll be dismantled beyond recognition.

Wait, did you just thought of it as a “him”? And are you already getting attached to it even though it’s been “alive” for just a few hours? Ugh, you don’t know if it’s this place or the cute ponies that live here, but something has to be going on around here because- DID YOU JUST THINK THAT THE PONIES ARE CUTE?!

‘Are you alright?’ Fluttershy's voice called, her soft and beautiful sounding voice snapping you out of your thoughts, making you look up and catching yourself staring into the blueish green pools that were the yellow mare's eyes, all thoughts coming to rest whilst looking into them.

That was until that voice in your head started to speak up again, Dude, your gawking at a pony… again! shaking your head slightly, you answered the mare, ‘Oh uhm, yeah I'm fine.’ you looked back at your car, which seemed to have aimed its headlights up at you as if using them as eyes, looking at you.

Taking your eyes away from the strange sight, you looked toward Fluttershy again, ‘You really think Twilight can figure out how this happened?’

‘Not sure,’ Fluttershy said truthfully, ‘but if anypony can figure out what happened, it's her.’

You nodded, even though you’ve been here for less than a week, you could tell that Twilight was one of the smartest you’ve met, heck, some of your friends back home couldn’t even change a spark plug without a manual and she created a potion of infinite fuel for the car, ‘Yeah, you’re right, lets go.’

You were about to walk towards the driver's side door, but stopped as you thought of something, ‘Uhm,’ you started as you turned toward Fluttershy, ‘how are we going to Twilight?’

‘What do you mean?’ Fluttershy asked.

‘Well,’ You said as you rubbed the back of your head with a hand, ’I normally would take the car,’ you continued when you looked toward it, ‘but since it's now, you know… alive, it feels weird to use it.’

Fluttershy thought for a moment before she answered, ‘We could always walk.’

The idea sends a shiver down your spine, even back home you didn’t walk that much. Heck, if you only needed to be a few doors down, you would still take the car, but unless you are willing to get behind the wheel, you'd have to man up and walk toward Twilight's castle.

You nodded toward Fluttershy, ‘Oké, let’s walk.’ and started to walk towards the castle with Fluttershy joining your side shortly after, only for you to look back to see your car standing there with its front slightly tilted to one side, like a dog that was not sure what to do.

‘Uhm,’ You started, still uncertain how to go about it, ‘you coming?’

The words were barely out of your mouth or your car got on its back wheels for a second before spurting forwards as it got back on all fours again, once caught up he started to drive circles around you and Fluttershy, happily revving its engine as it went, getting the yellow pegasus to let out a light giggle and you to stare blankly ahead, wondering if this day could get any weirder.

You shook your head and started moving again, Fluttershy and the car following soot.

--> <--

Halfway through town, you saw a certain pink pony happily bouncing your way, a big smile on her face that went from ear to ear while getting closer.

‘Hiya Anon,’ Pinkie exclaimed as she waived at you mid bounce, ‘hey Fluttershy,’ she said, doing the same in her next bounce toward the pegasus, ‘how are you?’

Just before you could open your mouth to say how weird it’s been, did Pinkie let out a large gasp and spurted off in a cloud of dust toward the car, ‘When did your car start to move on its own? How are you doing this?’ she asked at a neck-breaking pace as she encircled it while stopping on random spots around the car, ‘Wait, I know, remote control, nono, psychic powers, invisible rope?..’

As Pinkie continued being, well… Pinkie, you noticed something odd about the car's stance, but couldn't tell what.

But someone did, ‘Pinkie,’ Fluttershy scolded, ‘your antics are making the car uneasy.’

Pinkie let out another gasp and got in front of the car with an apologetic look on her face, ‘Oh I'm sorry Mr. car,’ and gave the front a hug, the car softly humming as it enjoyed the embrace.

But she suddenly let go and brought a hoof to her chin, ‘or is it Ms. car?’ and then looked at you, ‘Do you know?’

Your mind was telling you to keep referring the car as “it”, but your manliness got the better of you, ‘It’s a male, obviously.’ you huffed, crossing your arms in front of you.

Pinkie nodded knowingly as she sat upright and also crossed her front hooves in front of her, ‘That's what I thought too,’ she then lifted one of her front hooves into the air, ‘that's why I already thought of a name for him,’

Your eyes widened while she said that, knowing full well that if you give a living thing a name, you can get attached on it, ‘No Pinkie, don't-’

‘Dodgie!’

‘-give it a name.’ You finished softly, the warning falling on deaf ears as the now dubbed Dodgie was doing doughnuts on the street while joyfully revving his engine, Fluttershy was also very happy for him, clapping her front hooves while lifting herself a feet into the air while saying ‘That’s a wonderful name!’ in an excited tone.

You, on the other hand, were slightly annoyed, not because of the ponies not hearing your complaint, no, it was the childlike name, ‘Urg, let’s just go to Twilight’s.’

--> <--

The trip toward Friendship Castle went surprisingly well, even with the strange entourage following you, not even finding any other ponies walking about the town. It could be that it was still very early in the morning, though you bet the majority of the ponies have been shaken out of their beds thanks due to a certain car that was feeling very energetic.

After ten minutes of searching, were you able to find Twilight in the study of the massive Castle, the pony in question was looking very frazzled as if she hasn't had enough sleep.

Reminding yourself to ask about it later, you told her about what happened and that Fluttershy suggested going to her in the hopes to find an answer to what’s going on.

A few teleports later, you, Dodgie and the rest of your pony friends found themselves in some kind of lab somewhere below the castle.

It didn’t take Twilight long before your car was all wired up to all kinds of electronic devices you’d never thought to find in this world, but here they are, beeping and bopping while collecting their data.

While the whole research was going on, you started to have mixed feeling about it, on one side, you really want to know how all of this came to be, on the other, you felt kinda bad for Dodgie, even though he doesn’t have any facial expressions, you can still tell he doesn't like this being done to him.

Hang on Dodgie, You thought, just a little longer. and looked toward Twilight, who seemed to have a field day, running from machine to machine while dragging a quill and very long piece of parchment in her magic that was filled with notes, mumbling to herself whilst writing things down as she went.

--> <--

It took Twilight almost half an hour till she removed all the wires that were stuck on Dodgie with her magic before making her way toward you, looking even more tired than when you saw her earlier.
Pinkie and Fluttershy, the former sitting on a high pile of crates, how she got up there you had no clue, and was watching the chaos with a smile while the later was sitting in front of Dodgie as she tried to calm him, got up from their respective spots and made their way next to you.

Once her friends joined up, did Twilight clear her throat before starting, ‘So, after various tests which include: magical properties, fluid analysis, structural in-’

‘Uhm Twilight,’ You interjected, ‘Not that it's interesting or anything, but could you get to the point?’

‘Sorry,’ Twilight said with an apologetic smile, then cleared her voice again and continued, ‘to put it in leamares terms, the Timberwolf “blood” that was splattered on your car had magical properties that once it was absorbed, gave it life.’

Able to get the general idea, you nodded in understanding before tentatively asking, ‘Soo.. is possible to reverse it?’

A collective gasp from all the mares around you made you take a step back in surprise, Fluttershy being the first to speak, ‘Y-you would really do that?’

‘I was just wondering if it was possible!’ You exclaimed as you brought your hands up in defense.

‘Well yes,’ Twilight answered as she thought it through, though you could hear the slight disappointment in her voice, ‘it's possible to abstract the magic, but the choice is yours.’

You looked at the other two mares in the room, Pinkie seems to be giving you a stone hard glare as she frowned, the whole look was actually kinda frightening and you quickly moved to Fluttershy, but that was even worse, her big eyes were now even bigger as she looked at you with tears starting to form, Oh crap.

To be continued

Author's Note:

Urg, this one took way to long to write, but I've done it!

Anyway, for those who don't know, Stryker is the name of the Dodge Viper Logo of the cars that were built after 2013.


Want to know the names of the other ones before it? Check the picture below⬇

Comments ( 7 )

9571051
Oh that, it's safe to say they took it with them when leaving the forest.

Rip Dodge Viper
1992-2006, 2008-2011, 2013-2017

Dear God..... Dodgie doomed us all.:pinkiegasp:

I found tis story just today after work(or was it during break at work? i dunno anymore, ANYWAY!) i actually really like this one here! Literally have your supercar for illegal street racing in equestria and then show them the power of it and scare of those that disrespect you with just some easy lights lmfao:rainbowlaugh: I would've also added in that he would've put some restrictions for his car aslong as he is using it, so that damage could be minimized and that those are just then removed if he is within a unrestricted area, BUT FUCK THAT! But literally making Celestia kiss him knowing that she would decline in the last second was just awesome! Literally, U DON'T MESS WITH HUMAN TECHNOLOGY! Yet along take it away if it's not dangerous if handled properly blablaBLA!

Red American card that’s alive?

Great, I guess now we have to deal with a 200mph Christine.

Login or register to comment