• Published 9th Jul 2016
  • 1,566 Views, 90 Comments

The fast and the fluttershy - Viper Freak

  • ...
9
 90
 1,566

The race

The race
'Freedom?!' Exclaimed Twilight as she looks at you with shock, her gaze turning in to a scowl. 'It can't be called freedom, freedom is the word used for expressing somepony's ability to move, think and act of there own free will.' She finally cited, as she used a hoof for emphases.

'What are ya, a walking dictionary?' You chuckle, earning a 'humpf.' from the lavender mare as she puffed up her cheeks and folded her forelegs in front of her chest whilst sitting on her rump.

'No, I'm not,' She huffed, 'I am.. Well-read.'

You chuckle even more at that, noticing how easy teasing her is.

You wanted to tease her a bit more, but thought better of it. Seeing that this pony is an princess here and therefore royalty, you don't want to press your luck and end up in an dungeon somewhere. That, and the fact that she can use real magic against you, not knowing what it can do to you.

'Shall I explain what this thing really is?' You asked, pointing at the car

She nodded and you start, 'it's called an auto-mobile or a car for short,' the sound of a quill going over paper filled the room. You look at the source, seeing Twilight looking up from the levitating paper and at you with a wide smile as well as big sparkle filled eyes, almost pleading for you to continue.

The look wasn't cute. It was hilarious!

You had to stifle a laugh and compose yourself before continuing, 'Cars are used by us humans to get around the country faster.'

'Ow ow, like we use chariots and trains for that.' Pinkie chirped happily.

'You use chariots?' You asked.

'Why yes.' Twilight answered. 'Though the train is the fastest way to travel on land.'

'Huh.' You utter at that piece of info before continuing, 'Well, unlike chariots, cars don't need hor-uh ponies to pull it.'

'Really?' The three mares say in unison, there eyes and mouths wide open.

'How can that be?' Twilight asked, looking at the car. 'It's not that much bigger than a chariot. Where is it's power source?'

You move to the front of the car, 'It's riiiight... Under here.' you say with a smirk as you come up to the hood of the car and gave it a light tap, letting it make a metallic 'thumph' sound.

'But... I.. what.. how?!' Stuttered Twilight, not able to form a coherent sentence.

You chuckle a little, letting the mare compose her self a little before continuing, 'Well.. I can tell you, but I rather show you.'

'Oh?' Twilight said curiously, 'how do you plan on doing that?'

'Simple,' You said with a knowing smile, 'we go for a ride.'

Twilight and Pinkie immediately became esthetic and hopped all over the place whilst cheering. You glance over at Fluttershy, even though she was smiling, you see something in her eyes that you would describe as fear.

Before you could ask her if she was oké, you got interrupted by twilight. 'This is great!' She cheered as she jumped next to you, 'We should go out side if we're going to be riding in the car!' And with that her horn glowed with a pinkish aura and was soon followed by an engulfing white light.

---->> <<----

You rubbed your eyes and blinking them a few times for trying to get them to stop seeing spots, the feeling of the wind and the smell of fresh air told you that you're outside now.

By the sound of two mares grunting and squirming, you think that Fluttershy and Pinkie were also taken by surprise to what Twilight had done.

'Can you give us a bit of a warning if you do that again Twilight?' you grunted, as your eyesight slightly comes back to you. 'Because that light freaking hurts, allot!'

'I did,' She huffed, 'I said "We should go out side if we're going to be riding in the car!"'

You looked around with your eyesight still fussy and saw a lavender and purple blob standing not far away from you. Thinking it was Twilight, you gave the blob a knowing glare, 'I wouldn't call that a warning. A better warning will be "I'm going to use magic to-'

You stop for a second as the blob you were glaring at changed from lavender and purple to pink. As your eyesight now finally was clearing, you see that you were glaring at a still squinting Pinkie.

Looking for Twilight again, you see her standing next to the opened drivers side door, '-bring.. us.. outside."' you finish before asking. 'Uhm, what are you doing?'

'I'm trying to figure out how it works.' She said with milled annoyance, with her head poked inside the car.

well, she's persistent, You thought to your self, but princess or not, she should ask me if it's oké to look inside.

You coughed in your fist to get her attention, 'Princess Sparkle?' you said as business like as you could. 'Do you even have the right papers with you for that?'

'T-the right p-papers?' She asked nervously, taking her head out of the car to look at you.

You nod whilst keeping a strait face, but in your mind your sporting an evil grin. 'Why yes Twilight, you'll need those in order for you not to get in trouble.'

Her head slummed down a little, 'However,' only to perk up again as she hears you continuing, 'if someone you know has those papers, then that someone can be there to help you.'

'Uhm,' Twilight started with her ears splayed to the back of her head and an apologetic smile. 'do you have those papers?'

'But of course,' you said as reach for you wallet, taking out your drivers license and car ownership papers and show it to her, 'here they are.'
you gave her a few seconds to look at them and then putting them back in the wallet. 'It's my car after all.'

Twilight gulped, 'It.. is?'

You look at Twilight with a deadpan expression, 'Twilight, moments ago I had to explain you what it was and what it's used for. Fluttershy also found me in it, that should say something as well.'

Twilight looked at the ground, probably realizing that what she was doing was equivalent to someone going trough your stuff without your permission. 'Sorry,' she said, looking up at you. 'I was so caught up in finding out how the car works, that I didn't realize-'

She wasn't able to finish her sentence, but you didn't mind. 'It's ok Twilight,' You said with a smile, 'I forgive you, as long as you forgive me too.' you finish with a toothy grin.

'Forgive you for what?' She asked, not knowing what your talking about.

'For making you think you need special papers to look in an car.' You chuckle.

Her mouth fell open for a few seconds until she composed her self, 'well, considering the circumstances, we can call it even.'

'Alright.' You said and looked around. During the time that you were in the castle, the town has become more lively as you see more ponies walking around on the streets. 'Uhm,' You Started, still looking at all the ponies out and about. 'before we continue, I have a question.' You turn to face Twilight, 'How do most ponies here react to something fast and loud going through town?'

'Well,' Twilight said, rubbing the back of her neck with a hoof.

'When something like that happens, they will go in all directions in a panic and start screaming like this.' Pinkie finished for her, then started running around franticly as she screamed at the top of her longs.

'Oké Pinkie, I get it!' You yell after you put your hands over your ears to muffle the scream.

Pinkie stopped what she was doing and looked at you with a wide toothy smile. You release a grunted sigh, you lower your hands and brought your attention back to Twilight.

'Well, instead of that happening. I think it's best to warn them before we're going to ride.' You said.

'Is that really that loud?' Twilight asked, pointing a hoof to the car.

'Lady,' you said. 'you don't even know the half of it.'

'Well, if that's the case, then I will warn the mayor and set out a route so that nopony will be hurt by wandering on those roads.' and with that she flew away toward the building in the center of town.

'But something like that would take all day.' you yell after her.

'Actually not,' Fluttershy said, 'Twilight is the best organizer pony in Ponyville.'

'Yea,' Pinkie said happily, 'just give her about twenty minutes or so and it is done.'

---->> <<----

And sure enough, it was just over twenty minutes and the hole town seems to know about it as a line of ponies seems to form next to the street, leaving the middle of the road empty. The ponies near the castle were eyeing you and the car with a mixture of curiosity and worry.

In the distance, you see Twilight flying back toward the castle and it seems she has someone with her. As the two got closer, you could see the second pony more clearly. It was a cyan blue pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail, the pegasus was flying lazily next to Twilight having a bored expression.

Twilight landed before you and the pegasus was content on just hovering a few feet in the air next to her.

'Anon, this is Rainbow Dash,' Twilight said as she pointed to the pegasus, 'Rainbow, this is Anonymous.' she finished with a pointed hoof toward you.

'Sup,' Said Rainbow said with a raspy, but still feminine, voice, stretching a hoof out toward you whilst still in the air. 'nice to meet ya.'

You grabbed the hoof with you hand and gave it a shake, 'Nice to meet you too Rainbow.'

After you released Rainbow's hoof, she pooled it toward her chest and start rubbing it slightly with her other. 'Oké, that felt weird.'

'Really?' Twilight said, 'I would like to look in to that later, but for now, let's go for a ride.' she finished with clapping her front hoofs together.

'Sure,' you said as you walked toward the passenger side door or the car, 'but seeing that this is a two seater car means that I can only take one of you with me.'

'What!' Twilight and Pinkie exclaimed whilst Fluttershy seemed to be relieved and Rainbow just hovering there not caring.
'But if it only fits two, can't you let somepony else go in your stead?' Twilight asked.

'Do you know how to drive that?' You retorted with a raised eyebrow, pointing at the car.

'No.' Twilight said reluctantly, 'But what if you'd teach me? Then I can take somepony else with me.'

'Sorry Twilight, but you'll need a pair of these,' you tapped your legs with your hands, 'and these,' wiggling your fingers on your hands, 'to drive the car.'

'I see.' Said Twilight solemnly as she hung her head low.

'Don't worry,' you said with a smile, 'we've got enough time to go a couple of rounds. Speaking of witch, what is the course Twilight?'

'Well, I didn't know what you wanted,' She said, smiling weakly. 'so I made it that you just go strait down that road,' She pointed to the road now lined with ponies, 'at the end you'll see town hall and you go around it and then back down the same road. Is that ok?'

'Ow yea,' you said with a smirk, 'that will do just fine.'

'Pfiew, that's good.' Twilight said, wiping her forehead with a hoof before looking at you with big, pleading eyes. 'So, who are you going to take with you.'

You ignore her big eyes and move to open the passenger side door, 'Well, do you want to be the first Fl-' but as you opened the door, a pink head popped out of the car.

'Ow ow , can I go first, can I can I, I like to ride with you in the Dodge Viper, please please pretty please with sugar on top?'

'Pinkie!' You yell in surprise, 'How did you get in the car?'

'Why, through the door of course.' Pinkie said, pointing a hoof at the drivers side door that was still open.

'Oh,' you said, 'right, but how did you know the name and type of the car?'

'Because,' She said whilst pushing her nose on to yours, only to zip away and appear behind the car, 'it says so right here silly.' she pointed to the silver letters on the back.

You face palmed, turning your gaze from the pink mare and to look at Fluttershy, only to notice that pinkie was already sitting in the passenger seat again and smiling up to you. You did a double take and looked from Pinkie to the back of the car. How did she do that so fast? You thought to your self.

As you ponder about how Pinkie did that, the mare in question brought her head up next to yours. 'What are you looking at?' She said, looking in the direction you're looking at.
You sighed and shook your head, 'Nothing,' you said and looked at Pinkie, 'but back to being the first to go with me, I wanted to take Fluttershy, if she wants to.'

Pinkie's mane lost some of its puffiness as her face went sad, but before you can question it was it Fluttershy that spoke up, 'I don't mind if Pinkie is going first Anon, I'll stay here and watch.'

'Are you sure Fluttershy?' You asked.

'O yes,' she nodded, her eyes flicking once to the car before looking back to you with slight fear in them. 'I-I don't mind.'

You didn't miss the look in her eyes an nodded, 'Oké Fluttershy,' I'll have to insure her later that there is nothing to be afraid of. You thought to your self before looking at Pinkie and continuing. 'then I guess you're the first Pinkie.'

'But what about me.' Twilight whined.

You know better then to get in to a debate with a girl, because you wouldn't win. So ,you do the best next thing, 'You have to talk to her about that.' you said, gesturing to Pinkie with a thumb.

Twilight looked at Pinkie, who in turn gave Twilight the same pleading look that was used on you.

'Alright fine,' Twilight huffed, giving in to the look. 'but I will be next.'

'Fine by me,' you said as you crouched down to be at eye-level with Pinkie, 'let me just strap you in Pinkie and then we'll go.'

The pink mare giggled slightly as you took the seatbelt and it grazed over her belly. locking her belt in its place, you shut the door and made way to your side, sat yourself down in the seat, strapped in and closed your door.

You turn to face the mare next to you. 'Ready?' As she nodded vigorously, you reach for the key's that, to your amazement, were still in the ignition. You turn them to the first stage, making the lights on the dashboard come to life and earning an 'Oooo' from Pinkie. After that you turn the key's all the way, making the engine roaring loudly in to action.

Most ponies jumped in fright at the sudden sound and started to look your way with worry in there eyes. Fluttershy had Rainbow pulled down in front of her as a shield and the cyan blue mare was looking with the same wide eyed expression as Twilight.

Beginning to feel that this was a bad idea, you press the clutch down and put the gear shift in to first. 'Well,' you said reluctantly, looking at Pinkie. 'hold on to your butt.'

With that, you press in the gas peddle before releasing the clutch, making the engine roar louder and the rear wheels dig them selves slightly in the ground until they fond traction and push the car forward.

You turn the car toward the street lined with ponies, the movement made the back of the car break out slightly so you had to compensate by steering the other way. Now aimed strait at the road provided to you, you see the ponies standing next to it were scurrying back a little more, as to give you more room.

Fighting off your interpretation, you speed up, Shifting gears as the needle of the RPM meter hits the red, and roared through the street. As you glanced in your rear-view mirror, you are relieved to see that only a handful of ponies scurried away and back to their homes, the majority of the other ponies winced and pressed their ears to their heads to muffle the roar of the car, but remained where they were.

As if needing more conformation, you looked at your co-rider for the moment, just to see her smiling a smile that seemed to big for her face, you couldn't help but smile as well.

Putting all your attention back to the road, you see a round tower that was almost as big as Twilights castle getting closer. Thinking it's the town hall that Twilight mentioned, you thought of doing something you haven't done in a while. 'Ready for some real fun Pinkie?' you said, but instead of waiting for a reply, you slowed down the car and steered to the left of the building. Driving alongside the tower, you accelerate again and gave the steering wheel a tug to the right, making the back of the car break out. You use the gas peddle and steering wheel in order to keep the car sliding sideways.

At the sound of a 'Weeeee!' coming from your passenger told you that you weren't the only one having fun.

You were able to drift around the tower in a smooth motion and see the street you came out of was coming back in to view, so you started to counter steer more and release some of the pressure on the gas peddle to stop the sideways slide. As soon as the car went staid again, you accelerate back up and raced passed the row's of remaining ponies again.

You got back to the castle and with a yank on the handbrake, as well as the steering wheel, you come to a sideways stop in front of the awaiting ponies.

You shut down the engine, unbuckle your and Pinkie's seatbelt and got out of the car.

Pinkie was able to, somehow, open the door herself and was now hopping around and talking happily to her friends about how fun it was.

'-And then we went all around the tower, SIDEWAYS! Like this.' Said Pinkie as she demonstrated by moving her hind legs in a fast running action and going sideways in an arch, making engine noises along the way.

'That.. sounds.. AWESOME!' exclaimed Rainbow Dash while pumping a hoof in the air and then looked at you, 'Dude, I like to go with you sometime, if only for that.'

'Yes well, that was certainly.. interesting,' Said Twilight, looking at the car, 'you weren't kidding when you said that thing would be loud.'

'And fast.' You added with a smirk, 'It can even go faster then it just did.'
'Really?' Asked Twilight, 'How fast can it go? Can it go faster then a train?'

You shrug, 'It depends on how fast the train goes.'

'Well,' Twilight started, 'our trains are steam powered and can also go fast.'

'Then I think I'm able to beat it.' You said with confidence.

'Oh?' Said Twilight with a smirk and a raised eyebrow, 'Care to place your bits were your mouth is?'

'What are bits?'

'Bits are our currency, it's what we use to pay for things.' Explained Twilight.

'Well, I don't have those. But if I did, I definitely would.' You said.

'Alright, what about this?' Twilight said, ' If you win, I'll help you with anything you need for a week. But if I win, you'll help me for a week. Do we got a deal?' she Finished with an out stretched hoof.

You thought about it for a moment and then smiled as you grabbed Twilight's hoof, giving it a firm shake as you said, 'Alright Twilight, you've got yourself a race.'

Author's Note:

Darn it Pinkie, I hope I don't get in trouble with the car's name drop. :rainbowderp:

On more serious note, I really had trouble with the racing bit. At first it sounded like fun that all ponies would be running around in an panic, but then I realize that it could hurt the story I wanted to make.
It took me a while to think of something else and the results are in the story. To me, was this the best way to go and I hope you agree.