• Published 9th Jul 2016
  • 1,566 Views, 90 Comments

The fast and the fluttershy - Viper Freak

  • ...
9
 90
 1,566

A day with Fluttershy

A day with Fluttershy

‘You did what?’ Fluttershy exclaimed with a fearful tone, making you jump back a bit.

Once you got back to Fluttershy’s cottage, you explained to her what had happened in that forest, that has resulted into this.

Noticing that she was a bit loud, Fluttershy gave a sheepish smile before continuing on a softer tone, ‘The Everfree Forest is really dangerous, you could have been seriously hurt, or worse,’ she gulped, ‘be killed.’

‘But if I didn’t, then that little girl would have become wolf's meat.’ You explained.

‘And I’m happy that you saved her,’ Fluttershy said, ‘but what if something really bad happened to you?’ her head drooped a bit, ‘Then I would have lost a friend.’

You were taken aback by this, you have been in this land for less then two days, and this pony already saw you as a friend. It took at least a week for your best friend to become a friend in the first place, ‘You see me as a friend?’ you asked in slight disbelief, ‘Even though we only just met?’

‘Of course,’ Fluttershy said wide eyed, then looked away whilst hiding behind her mane, ‘I mean, if you want me to be your friend.’

‘It’s not that Fluttershy, I'd really like you to be my friend. It’s only that you now hold the record of “the quickest friend made”.’ You said with a grin.

She giggled a bit at what you said, making you laugh too.

Once the two of you stopped, did you look outside toward the car, ‘I better get started and try to get most of the dents out of the hood before the metal gets too stretched.’ you turn to Fluttershy, ‘Do you have some tools I can use?’

‘Yes,’ Fluttershy said, ‘it isn’t much, but you can use it if you want.’

‘Thanks,’ you said, ‘can you get it for me and bring it to the car?’

As she nodded and went her way, did you go outside and opened the hood of the car and set it on it’s stand so it stayed open.

Once you had done that, you looked in the direction of the cottage and saw Fluttershy coming your way with a small toolbox held in her mouth.

Once she got to you, she presented the toolbox so you could take it from her.

‘Thanks Fluttershy.’ You said with a smile as you took the box and looked into it, only seeing an adjustable spanner, a few screwdrivers and a hammer inside it. It wasn’t much, but it was enough for what you’re planning to do with it.

You took out the spanner, adjusted it to the right setting and started to unbolt the hood from the car.

As you were loosening a bolt, you saw Fluttershy looking in the engine bay from the corner of your eye, making you stop and look at her, ‘Something wrong Fluttershy?’

The question snapped her out of her stare, ‘Oh sorry,’ she said with a sheepish smile, ‘I was just wondering what that is.’ Fluttershy finished, pointing to the hunk of metal that sat in the middle of the opened space.

‘That’s the engine,’ You answered, ‘the thing that gives the car it’s power.’

‘It looks like it is as big as a pony.’ Fluttershy stated.

You look toward the engine as well, ‘Yeah, it does.’ you said smiling and started to unbolt bonnet again.

Once you were almost done with this side, did you look back at the mare that was still sitting in front of the car, fidgeting with her front hoofs and looking as if deep in thought. If the pony looked any cuter, you feared for your resolve against cuteness from being crushed at this rate.

You shook your head and looked at Fluttershy again, ‘Something on your mind?’ you asked, earning an ‘eep’ from the pegasus.

‘Uhm,’ Fluttershy stammered, rubbing one hoof with the other, ‘I was... just wondering... if I could... help?’ she finished, the latter coming out as a high pitch squeak.

With that, she just left a nice big hole in your “anti cute wall”, almost making you want to leave your spot and give her a big hug whilst saying how cute she is. Almost.

Only after fighting off the urge to do that, were you able to give her a answer, ‘If you’re offering, then I would really like you to help.’ you looked at the unbolted part of the hood and then back at Fluttershy, ‘If you could hold this up for me, then I can go and undo the other side.’

Fluttershy nodded and walked toward you whilst you made room in order for her to take your place.

She got on her hind legs, her front hoofs resting on the fender and scooted in front of you, whilst you kept the hood up in one hand.

She placed one of her hoofs under the unbolted corner and looked back at you.

‘Ready?’ You asked.

When she nodded, you continued, ‘Oké, then I’ll lower the hood, just let me know if it’s to heavy, alright?’

She nodded again and you slowly lowered the bonnet on her hoofs whilst keeping an eye on Fluttershy, just to make sure it wasn’t to heavy for her.

She scrunched up her face, but seemed to be able to hold it.

You made your way to the other side and started to unbolt it.

Once you were done with that and was holding the part of the bonnet in your hand, you looked back at the pegasus, ‘Oké, Fluttershy, do you think you can help me lift the bonnet and lay it on the ground in front of the car?’

‘Uhm, I-I can try.’ Fluttershy said with a slightly strained voice.

‘Oké,’ You said a bit concerned, ‘just tell me if its to heavy for you alright?’

She nodded.

‘Alright, we move on three. one... two... three.’

As you finished the countdown, did the two of you move away from the car. once you got clear from it, did you look toward Fluttershy again, ‘Now, lower it to the gr-‘

But your words were cut short when Fluttershy suddenly dropped to the ground with a thud and a yelp, her hoofs still under the heavy hood.

You quickly lowered your end to the ground and made your way to her, lifting her end so she could take her hoofs from under it as you asked, ‘Are you oké Fluttershy?’

The mare nodded, ‘Yeah, I’m alright.’ but started to rub one hoof with the other.

‘Did you hurt yourself?’ You said as you lowered the metal back to the ground again whilst still looking at the pony.

‘O-only a little.’ She said, now rubbing her other hoof.

‘Here,’ You said with a smile, taking both of her hoofs in each hand, ‘let me help you.’ and started to gently rub the top of her hoofs with your thumbs.

You felt the soft hairs of her coat slightly shift under your thumbs, feeling just like silk, while looking into her big blue-ish green eyes, ‘Does it feel better?’

Fluttershy slowly nodded whilst keeping her eyes on yours, shimmering like two pools of water.

The longer you looked at them, the more beautiful- Hey, earth to Anon, a voice in the back of your head called out, you're gawking at a pony, Snap out of it!

You blink a couple of times and placed the hoofs back on the ground before you got up, whilst awkwardly coughing in your fist, ‘W-well, good to hear it helped.’ you gave her a quick look from the corner of your eyes, ‘Uhm, do you have a big blanket I could use?’

Fluttershy nodded and looked away with a blush on her cheeks, ‘Yes, there is one in the cabinet under the stairs if you want.’

You nodded and went inside to get it.

Once you got it, you lay it on the ground and placed the hood upside-down on it, as well as another piece of cloth on the dents to minimize the chipping of the paint as you hammer on them.

Silence filled the air, the only sound being heard was the impact of a hammer on metal.

Wanting to break the awkward silence between the two of you, you thought of the question you wanted ask her, ‘Say Fluttershy, Can I ask a question.’

‘Oh, s-sure.’ She said, seeming to be happy that you wanted to talk to her again.

‘Can you tell me what cutie marks are?’

‘Of course,’ Fluttershy said and started to explain that ponies will get them when they find their special talent, even that there are ones that linked them to their destinies.

You nodded in response, amazed that it all seems like magic. But then, this hole place looks like it was filled with magic.

You smiled and thanked Fluttershy, and the two of you went silent once more.

Only when you’re almost done with the hood did Fluttershy speak up again, ‘S-so Anon, there’s going to be a Iron Hoof Competition at Sweet Apple Acres tomorrow,’ she said, audibly swallowing a lump in her throat as asked in a shaky voice, ‘w-would you like t-to go with me?’

You faced Fluttershy, seeing she was hiding herself away behind her mane, and thought about the question for a moment. She probably didn’t want it to be awkward anymore between the two of you and just wanted to have some fun, but is probably afraid that you’ll say no.

‘Sure,’ You said, giving her a smile, ‘sounds like a lot of fun.’

‘R-really?’ She asked happily and you nodded, smiling as you saw her brighten up at the thought.

You gave a few more hammers to the last stubborn dent and looked it over, seeing that the majority of them virtually gone and only leaving small puts you couldn’t get without the right tools, so you left it as it was.

You looked up to the sky and saw that it was getting dark, so you thought of just placing the hood back on the car and that you will bolt it on in the morning.

Not wanting Fluttershy to get hurt again, you mentally readied yourself to lift the hood on your own.

you turned the bonnet over so the top was facing up and after inhaling and exhaling a couple of times, you lifted it into the air in horizontal position, earning a amazed gasp from Fluttershy, feeling your muscles burn under the weight as you shuffled toward the car and lowered it in its place slowly, letting out a exhausted breath once you let go of it.

Taking a step back, you turn to Fluttershy, ‘Well, I can’t do any more to it for today and will fasten it back in place tomorrow morning.’ you placed the tools you used back in the toolbox and folded the blanket you used and put it under you arm before you took the toolbox in your hand, ‘I will also wash the blanket, since I made it dirty.’

‘Oh no,’ Said Fluttershy blushing a bit for some reason, ‘I’ll do that as you fix your car tomorrow.’

‘Are you sure?’

Fluttershy nodded, ‘Yes, I’m sure.’ she got up and made her way inside her home, ‘I’ll go and get dinner started,’ she quickly looked at you before averting her gaze to the front, ‘you j-just sit back a-and relax.’

So the two of you ate dinner after the animals were fed and said your goodnights when Fluttershy went to her bed.

---->> Fluttershy <<----

You trotted though a vast open field that was filled with beautiful flowers, you were curious, albeit happy for some reason, to what you were doing here.

Behind you, you heard somepony call out you name and you turn around to see who it is.

But when you turned you didn’t see a pony, but Anon, who was running in slow motion toward you, with a smile on his face and with a.... bare chest.

Oh.. my. You thought to yourself as he got closer to you, feeling your cheeks glow when you saw all his muscles tense and flex as he continued on his way.

You felt your heart pump franticly as he was only a few feet away now, opening his arms to embrace you in a hug.

You wanted nothing more then for him to do that and sat on your haunches before you opened your front legs to accept him.

But before the latter could happen, did a blue bolt of magic strike him in the abdomen and left a hole in its place.

You watched in horror as Anon looked with a fearful gaze on his face at where his stomach used to be and then looked back at you before fading out of existence.

‘Thank goodness I came just in time,’ A strong female and royal sounding voice said, ‘a second later and that nightmare would have surely crushed you with his strength.’

You turn around and saw the dark blue alicorn with a star filled blue mane and tail that flowed on a non-existent current.

‘Princess Luna?’ You exclaimed, ‘What are you doing here?’

‘Why, saving you from that horrible monster of course.’ She said, puffing her chest out slightly.

‘But that was no monster,’ You told her, your voice filled with sadness as tears rolled down your cheek, ‘that was my friend Anon.’

Luna blinked a couple of times, ‘Wait, so that was that human creature that my sister spoke about earlier?’

‘Yes it was.’ You said with a sniff, but then stopped as you thought of something, ‘Wait, did you say that this is a dream?’

‘Indeed it is,’ Luna said, now folding her ears back a little, ‘ and I am sorry for thinking of it as a nightmare, I hope you can forgive me.’

You breathed a big sigh of relief and nodded, ‘Of course Princess, I’m just happy you didn’t kill the real Anon.’

The Princess nodded, ‘Thank you for your kindness, though I shouldn’t be surprised that it is coming from you,’ she then walked toward the edge of the dream world, ‘carry on with your slumber my friend, I promise to be more careful the next time I enter your dream.’ with that, she faded away from the dream, leaving you alone on the field of flowers.

‘Well..’ You said to yourself as you looked over the open space, ‘what am I going to do now?’

---->> Anon <<----

You awaken the next day after a good night sleep, but you couldn’t say the same about Fluttershy, who came down from her room with a groggy look on her face.

You asked her if she was alright, but she just said she had a weird dream and that she’ll be alright.

So after the morning chores were done and the bonnet was bolted back on the car without much difficulty, did the two of you made your way to Sweet Apple Acres.

Once there, did you see all the props that were set for the competition, but it seems that the only ponies that were doing this challenge were Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Yet, it looked like they gathered quite a crowd.

As you watched the two get ready to get the competition started, you felt a tug on your shirt and looked down to see Spike standing there, shuffling his feet and looking to the ground.

‘Hey there spike,’ You said, trying to start a conversation with him, ‘what’s the matter?’

Spike looked to Twilight, who was standing a little way away from the two of you and gave him a comforting smile as well as a nod to give him some courage.

He turned back to you and took in a big breath, ‘I’m sorry for being scared of you mister Anon,’ he said with a remorseful voice, ‘but after I heard how you’d risked your own life to save that filly from the Timberwolves, I realized that I was being silly for thinking of you as a monster that would attack us. Can you forgive me?’

You smiled at him, ‘Sure little dude, I don’t blame you for thinking like that.’ you got on one knee to be on the same level as him and reached out with your hand, ‘And you can just call me Anon, oké Spike?’

Spike smiled and took your hand in his claw, ‘Thanks Anon.’ he said with a thankful nod and a shaked of your hand.

You watched the little guy get back to Twilight’s side and you took a seat next to Fluttershy on the stand.

You watched as the two ponies go all out in the competition, with Twilight keeping score and Spike acting out as an announcer.

Looking at the two ponies going at it, you thought of all the things that you did with your friends who liked to find who was better at what, like ball sports, video games.. and racing of course.

You thought about the latter for a moment as you saw Rainbow and Applejack were now in a tug of war competition and a idea for a new sport for these ponies seem to form in your head, a idea that formed a big smile on your face.

‘Are you having fun Anon?’ Said Fluttershy with a giggle, 'Because you are smiling.'

You look down at her and saw her smiling back at you, ‘I sure am,’ you said, ‘but that was not why I was smiling.’

‘Oh,’ Fluttershy said, tilting her head to the side, ‘then what did?’

‘I just thought of a new sport I think that some of the ponies would like to do.’

‘Really?’ Fluttershy said enthusiastically, ‘What kind of sport?’

‘I'll tell you and the others once this is over, oké?’

Fluttershy’s expression saddened, but nodded in understanding anyway.

You just smiled and wrapped an arm around her to comfort her a bit.

She didn’t seem to mind, in fact, she scooted even closer you and laid her head against your side.

The both of you stayed like that for the majority of the Iron Hoof Competition, the two competitors matching each other and when the final challenge was over, had the score count ended in a draw.

The two ponies just smiled to each other, ‘Good game Rainbow,’ Applejack said as she raised one of her forelegs, ‘and ya didn’t even cheat this time.’

‘I still say that I didn’t cheat,’ Rainbow said with a smirk as she bumped a front hoof against AJ’s outstretched one, ‘but it was fun anyway, even if we ended up in a draw.’

You and the rest of the friendship group made their way toward the two to congratulate them on the exciting events.

‘Thanks girls,’ Raindow said, ‘though it would be awesome to finally know who’s the best athlete.’ she gave Applejack a competitive stare.

‘Well, ah guess we'll have to find out when we do the Running of the Leaves in a few days.’ Applejack said, giving the pegasus the same look back.

‘Or you could do the sport that Anon just thought up.’ Fluttershy said.

The friends first looked toward the yellow mare, before turning to you.

‘Is it a sport from your world Anon?’ Twilight asked curiously, her eyes sparkling with the idea of learning something from a different world.

‘Not exactly.’ You said sheepishly whilst rubbing the back of your head.

Twilights look saddened, but she piped back up right after and got a quill and paper from... somewhere, readying herself to start writing, ‘That’s oké, I still like to know all about it.’

‘Well,’ You stared to explain, ‘it’s a race between two ponies at a time. The two ponies have to pull a certain amount of weight in a strait line to a finish line, the one who finishes first will continue to the next round until there are only two left, those two will go head to head to each other and the winner will be crowned champion.’

‘Sounds cool.’ Rainbow said with a smirk, but then cocked an eyebrow at you, ‘So what do you call this sport?’

You could only grin at the curious faces in front of you as you gave your answer, ‘A drag race.’

Author's Note:

I regret nothing!!!:trollestia:

On side note, sorry it took so long for me to write this chapter, but the holidays and lack of motivation to write will do that to you. (it also doesn't help I tried to write three stories at once.)
I hope I can become more constant with the chapters, but I think that's wishful thinking.