• Published 9th Jul 2016
  • 1,567 Views, 90 Comments

The fast and the fluttershy - Viper Freak

  • ...
9
 90
 1,567

Prologue

The fast and the Fluttershy
Prologue
A familiar ringtone echoed through your house, the smartphone lighting and vibrating as it played it’s tune.

You picked it up, slided the green circle to it rightful place to answer it.

‘This is Anon.’ You answered, a smile appearing on your face when you hear the voice on the other side of the line.

‘If I want to race tonight?’ you asked with a wicked grin. ‘You still owe me money from the last race, you’re that desperate to lose more on me?’

you chuckle softly as you are hearing out your best friend’s attempt to assure you that you’ll get the money after this race.

Frankly, you didn’t care about the money he still owed you, his friendship was the only thing you wanted from him.

But that didn’t mean you like to hear him squirm every one in a while, that’s just you being a good friend.

‘Alright, alright,’ You finally said, interrupting your friend’s endless babbling. ‘at what time is the race?’

‘At midnight?’ you asked, looking at the clock. It stood at half past eleven. ‘where is it?’ you nodded to the answer. ‘the same place as usual? Ok, I’ll be there.’ You pressed the red bar on the phone and walked to the closet.

Opening it, you go for the little safe to unlock it, in side lay a set of car key’s and two stacks of money.

You take the set of key’s and one stack of money, after closing the safe and locking it, you made your way to the garage under your house and flicked on the lights of said space.

there, under a special sheet, stands the car your goanna use tonight.

You unbuckle the sheet and remove it from the car, revealing the shining red paint-job.

It is a American super car, the emblem of a serpent on the hood was glistening in the light.

the only thing different from a stock car was the tuning done to the V formed, ten cylinder engine and also swapped the shock absorbers with other, better ones to lower the car closer to the ground, also to give more stability through the corners.

It took you a few years of racing to get the money you needed to get this car and getting it to this state.

You opened the drivers side door and tike the seat behind the wheel, strapping your self in you pushed on the button of the garage door’s remote to open it.

When the door is halfway open, you put the key’s in the ignition and turning it clockwise.

With a big rumble, the engine roared to live, the sound echoing through the garage.

The garage door is now open all the way, so you step on the clutch peddle with your left foot and pushing the stick shift in to first gear.

You slightly push the gas peddle down with your right, making the engine roar, while slowly decreasing the pressure on the clutch and making the car creep forward, leaving the garage.

Once out side, you stop the car in order to close the garage door.

When that’s done, you started to drive towards the place the race is being held.

---------------------------->>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<--------------------------------------------

You see most of the regulars standing next to there car’s, boasting about the new thing’s they did to their car’s since last time of course.

you wasn’t like that, because the only thing that mattered was the one who finished first.

That and the fact you didn’t need to say a word to let people know what you’ve done to your car, because the car can speak for itself.

With a Wicket grin, you push down the clutch and a second after the gas peddle, letting the engine utter a loud roar, making every one look your way.

When you stopped in front of the group, you see your friend walking towards you with a raised eyebrow.

He hasn’t seen you with your new ride yet, so you wait until he’s closer before you stepped outside.

‘Anon?’ he said when he recognized you. ‘damn man, it’s good to see you again!’

He hold’s his hand in front of him with a smile.

You grab his hand with yours, both pulling each other closer for a hug.

‘Its good to see you too.’ You say with a smile, you ended the hug and turned your face as neutral as you could ‘Now, where’s my money?’

Before he could answer, another presence made itself known.

‘Aw, young love.’ Said a mocking female voice. ‘Hey there Anonymous, where did you get the cash to buy that ride?’ she finished, pointing at your car.

You gave her a knowing look while staring into her eyes ‘Well, since I don’t have a girlfriend, I could keep all the money for myself and not spend it on her. Because of that, I could buy this car so I could beat you even harder on the tarmac.’

‘yeah, yeah,’ She said, waving your words away. ‘let’s see how you do with that thing in the race.’ With that she walked back to the other racers.

you smiled at your friend and followed after her.

‘Hey there Anon,’ A deep southern voice said. ‘nice of you to join. alright, here’s the deal. We're with eight racers, so were gonna split in two groups and that means one race per group, oké?’

everyone nodded.

‘Anon,’ He continued. ‘since you are the last to arrive, do you mind being in the last group? The rest are already put together.’

You shrug. ‘Fine by me, now how about telling us the course of the race.’

The others nodded in agreement and the course was explained to you.

‘Ok, now that is out of the way,’ You said. ‘what are the stakes?’

’It’s five thousand to enter the race,’ Said the same guy as before. ‘so pay up and let’s race!’

After the money was exchanged, was the first racers made there way to the starting line with their cars.

As the other spectators go look at the race about to start, you walked toward your car, you take a seat on the hood of the car before lowering your back on it and with your hand behind your head.

As you gaze up into the night sky, you hear the increasing sound of footsteps coming towards you.

You kept your gaze to the sky as the footsteps stopped, by your guess, in front of you.

‘Your friend is in the first race isn’t he?’ An unknown silk and sweet female voice said. ‘Aren’t you going to watch?’

‘Nope,’ You said without looking at her. ‘Starts and finishes of other races I’m not in don’t concern me, so I’m ganna lie here until it’s my turn to race.’

‘Oh, ok,’ she said with a sound of disappointment that makes you look toward her. ‘I thought it would be fun to watch it together.’

With that, she walked off toward the car’s that are revving up their engines for the starting of the race.

you brought yourself up on your elbows and watch her for awhile before lying back on the hood again.

Nice going anon, you thought to your self, a girl is showing interest in you and you kick her to the curve.

well, in your own defence, she was the one that left before you could chance your mind.

In the distant you hear the loud roar of the engines and squealing of tires, the race has started.

---------------------------->>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<--------------------------------------------

After almost three minutes, above the incoming car sounds, you can hear the cheers of the spectators and a few seconds later followed by loud shouting and applause mixed with the sound of car’s slipping and skidding to a halt.

you pealed yourself off the hood of the car and made you way to the cheering crowd.

you didn’t have to wait long to find out who won the race, because you saw your friend coming at you with a large stack of money in his hand and a large grin on his face.

Stopping in front of you, he grabs your hand and places some of the money on it.

“Now I don’t have to listen to your nagging about the money I still owed you.’ He said with a smile as he closed your hand around the small pile of money.

You brought your arm around his back and pulled him in for a quick hug, ‘You know you had al the time in the world to pay me back right?’ you said.

He nodded, ‘yeah, I know. But it feels better this way.’

You smile at him before making your way toward you car. ‘now its my turn to give it my all.’

With that you stepped into your car and drives toward the starting line.

---------------------------->>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<--------------------------------------------

You’re staring at the black tarmac before you, next to you are the three other car’s that were lined up and awaiting the start of the race.

A girl on very hi heels made her way to the middle of the road and to stand there facing the cars in frond of her, ‘ready!’ she yelled, pointing at each car in the line and getting a roar of the engines as answer to her question.

she then pulled a peace of cloth from her top and lift it strait in the air.

Knowing what the sign meant, you and the other drivers revved up there engines to get ready for the best possible start.

You kept the makeshift flag in the corner of you eye, as the majority of your site kept to the road ahead.

As the girl waved the cloth around in the air, you lowered your hand on to the gear shift knob and let your left foot closely hover over
the clutch peddle.

The cloth went down with a swoop and you immediately press in the clutch, slide the gear shift in to first gear, releasing the clutch and pressing the gas peddle all the way in, making the car launch forward. All that was done in less then a second and the race was off.

As you shift the transmission of the car into the next gear, you take a slide moment to look at your adversaries next to you and see, to your own satisfaction, that you had the better start and ahead by half a car.

Also, before putting you focus back on to the road, that your slowly gaining more distance from the rest.

While increasing your speed and lead, your able to get in front of the car that’s now in second place. In the distance you see the first turn coming at you and by the look of it, it looks like a pretty sharp one.

You slow down few feet before the corner, shifting from hi gear to second. Steering in to the corner, using the best race line you can think of to get thro the bent as fast as possible.

Nearing the end of the bent you step on the gas and speed up again, already seeing the next turn already coming your way.

You take a quick glance in your rear-view mirror to see that the rest of the racers fell a little more behind as they them self left the previous turn. Putting your attention back the road ahead you can’t help it but smile and press the gas peddle to the floor, making the car ventured forward with renewed vigor.

The next turn you took just as easy as the last and couldn’t help but to look back again for a second, only to see that the road behind you was still empty.

Glancing forward again, you see a bright kind of orb of white light floating a few feet away from you, but it seems not to be coming any closer, as if to be content with keeping up with you.

You furrow your brow and closing your eyes for a few seconds, only to make sure that your not seeing things.

But as you opened them again they grew wide at seeing the ball of light heading strait towards you.

you slammed on the brakes as hard as you could, but to no avail, as the orb hit the car and surrounding it and you in white light that you’d shut your eyes.

As the light fades away, you slowly open your eyes and panting heavily of the hole experience.

With your hart still racing, you were able to pry your hands of the steering wheel and turn of the ignition.

You slump down into the seat as your hart slowed to its normal rhythm and the remaining energy in your body seems to slip away, making you sleepy.

As your eyes fell to a close, you could have sworn to see two big blue green eyes looking at you before you’d fell asleep.

Author's Note:

The reason I didn't name any others with exception of anon, is that those return in this fic. Maybe his "friend", but i don't know yet. also this is my first fic, so if you see any faults or some lines that don't work, let me know. thanks in advance.