• Published 13th May 2016
  • 1,696 Views, 14 Comments

Star Knight and the Nine-Tailed Fox - Rakoon1



Star Knight will live his own adventure that is growing up with something evil inside of him whose power he will have to master if he wants to stop another plan of the Lord of Chaos to conquer the Pony Reality.

  • ...
28
 14
 1,696

PreviousChapters Next
The Alliance Assemble

The appearance of Ten-Tails was a shock to everyone. Star said:

“Wow, is that thing…”

“That’s…” Shining started.

“There’s no mistake” Gyuki said, while holding Blue who was still recovering from the last attack.

Hepheus rose up and took flight, while Grogar disappeared in darkness. While the others tried to resist to the shockwave of the great tailed beast appearance.

Observing Ten-Tails through his place, Kurama said:

“Yeah, that’s him… Ten-Tails.”

Ten-Tails launched a great roar. And then Hepheus landed over his head, while Grogar appeared by his side. Meanwhile, Gyuki and Kurama’s avatar positioned themselves behind Star and Shining.

“But I thought the statue’s evil energy disappeared!” Star exclaimed.

“They got us” Shining said.

“He doesn’t have any kind of emotions or feelings” Kurama explained to Star in their plane. “He can’t be sensed. He’s wild energy itself what is the same as natural energy, the one that circulates around the soil, water and air. But it would be a different story if you tried to engage him in Sage Mode. Although…”

But Star didn’t hear the last part, saying:

“All right, I got you. If you say that he’s only natural energy, then I can check it out by using this.”

And, while turning into his normal self, the Star with Shining put himself in position to accumulate natural energy.

“Forget it, Star” Kurama said. “If you tried to do that…”

And Star entered in Sage Mode, but, when he did, he just felt an enormous presence of natural energy gathered so big that could easily swallow all the world.

“…all you’ll see is how immeasurable he is” Kurama completed.

Making a brave, although fragile smile, Star said:

“You were not kidding…”

Two appendices got out from Ten-Tails head and connected themselves with the villains’ necks and then the General said:

“The master’s plan was to capture those two before Ten-Tails was fully revived, but… this is surprisingly good.”

“Should we start with the Eternal Nightmare Curse ritual now?” Grogar asked.

“That curse requires time to summon the moon” Hepheus replied. “They will interfere with the curse. It will go more smoothly if we use the statue’s power to get rid of them first. Don’t you agree?”

“Hepheus, you just want to test the Ten-Tails’ power first, don’t you?” Grogar asked. “That’s why you… But he’s just like a child.”

“No, you’re wrong” Hepheus replied. “Children are impatient touchy fools. Nothing more.”

The Ten-Tails started to advance with his front limbs making strong steps, whose shock waves started to head against the enemies.

“Hey, here comes a big one!” Gyuki exclaimed, turning to Kurama. “Do you really think we can do this?”

“Don’t think you can hide behind your tentacles because you’re scarred!” he replied him, turning to him through his avatar. “But, first, hand me Blue Sword over here. I’ll heal him later. And Shining Armor and Star too.”

“Yeah” Star said, taking his uncle and taking off.

“Heads up” Gyuki, as he threw Blue to Kurama.

He caught them through the mouth and, once they were inside, their wounds started to be healed, while they recovered energy. But then the shockwave arrived and the two tailed beasts made their best to hold it. While that happened, Kurama said to everyone:

“Listen up, first, we keep our distance and see what move he makes. Then, we’ll counter the attack and hit him with a big blow as close as we can get, like I said earlier.”

“Nine-Tails, you’re acting like a captain” Shining observed.

“Do you have a problem with that?” Kurama asked him.

“Nope, actually, I feel kind of happy” Shining replied, while Blue nodded.

That caused Star to smile and then Kurama said:

“Save that line for when we won. Let’s go!”

And he and Gyuki started to retreat fast. It was then that Star, who was still in Sage Mode felt something and one of Ten-Tails’ hand appeared, ready to attack and grab the two tailed beast, but Kurama and Gyuki were able to dodge it, while the much bigger tailed beast with ten tails appeared from the smoke roaring. Kurama and Gyuki landed, although hardly, with Star noticing Ten-Tails’ speed. That would cause them some trouble in reading his moves.

After his attack, Ten-Tails roared and then continued to advance. Kurama so advanced and jumped, ready to attack him, but Ten-Tails, with just a blow of one of his hands, threw him away.

“Do it now, Eight-Tails!” Hawthorn exclaimed.

Ten-Tails then turned to Gyuki, who started to make a Tailed Beast Bomb. He also noticed that Kurama was also preparing a Tailed Beast Bomb in midair.

“Tailed Beast Bomb Barage!” Kurama and Gyuki exclaimed at same time.

And they both shot multiple shots against Ten-Tails.

“There is no real need to dodge them” Hepheus said to Grogar.

“It is for the best if we preserved Ten-Tails’ power as much as we can” the ram replied.

And then Ten-Tails retracted his face, before putting it out and opening his mouth and charging a new attack.

“This is…” Gyuki started.

“Not good” Kurama said, while landing.

And so Ten-Tails launched a Tailed Beast Bomb of his own in the form of a powerful red beam that neutralized the successive attacks from his two adversaries. Before that, both Kurama and Gyuki involved themselves with their tails as a way of defense.

“It’s all on you now!” both Hawthorn and Gyuki exclaimed.

When the attack finished and the smoke cleared, it was revealed that on Gyuki’s place was just the tip of a tentacle.

“Persistent” Hepheus commented. “I’ll give them that.”

Inside Kurama’s avatar, who have lost the tips of some of its tails, Blue asked to the Star that was in Tailed Beast Mode:

“Listen, Star, don’t tell me…”

But Star just extended his hoof and replied:

“Dad, don’t worry.”

Kurama looked up and commented:

“Nice control, Star. You got them nice and close.”

Star and Shining were up high, over Ten-Tails, Hepheus and Grogar, with the latter realizing they had focused too much on Ten-Tails.

“I’m sorry for the delay, but here we go” Shining said.

And he casted the disappearance spell and something started to get out of the Nothingness Realm.

“Yeah!” Blue exclaimed satisfied.

“To our enemies, it may appear that we left one octopus leg behind, but…” Star started.

“Lord Hawthorn! Eight-Tails!” Shining exclaimed.

“It’s time for our sneak attack!” Hawthorn said.

And Gyuki reappeared, with a Tailed Beast Bomb being prepared, and exclaimed:

“I’m smashing this right into his eyeball!”

And he fired it against Ten-Tails’ eye, with the others hopping that worked. But when the attack was almost hitting, Ten-Tails just flicked it, like it was nothing, redirecting, to everyone’s shock, to Gyuki, what hit him and threw him away.

“There are to flies flying over us as well” Hepheus said, referring to Star and Shining.

Star, using the Sage Mode, was able to sense an attack coming and then he threw his uncle out of the way, while one of Ten-Tails’ tails waved against him. Noticing that, Grogar couldn’t notice how his great-grandson was like him in the way he put Shining out of danger like he did with his comrades when he was captured by changelings.

The young alicorn was hit by the tail, while the Tailed Beast Bomb that hit Eight-Tails exploded. But then the Star that was hit disappeared.

“Just another clone…” Hepheus sighed. “How predictable…”

Kurama then run in Shining’s direction and grabbed him before he hit the ground, retreating after that. Gyuki fell on the ground, being then pulled back a great distance, but Kurama came to his rescue and stopped him. After that, the avatar dissolved and Star, Shining and Blue landed on the floor.

At his plane, Kurama sighed and Star asked him:

“Kurama, how can you fell apart at a time like this?!”

“That was eight minutes” Kurama said. “It’s longer than before, but that’s the limit.”

He joined his fist and then continued:

“I have to infuse and build up my energy.”

Before that, Star said:

“Then I guess we don’t have a choice.”

After that collision, Hawthorn returned to his deer form and said, while collecting Gyuki’s tentacles:

“That hurt…”

“Hawthorn, I need to rest too…” Gyuki told him. “I’m also in my limit.”

Blue, parting, sit and said:

“I still didn’t recovered my energy yet…”

Shining was exhausted as well, as pulling something as massive as Gyuki in and out made him use a large quantity of energy.

Observing them, Grogar commented:

“Looks like the Eight and Nine-Tails run out of energy for now.”

Star then turned to his enemies and prepared to cast a spell.

“If you think in using your favorite multiplication spell, just get to know that increasing the number of losers won’t…” Hepheus started.

“I’m not a loser!” Star replied.

“No, Star” Blue said, while being helped by Shining to get up. “Don’t do that.”

“Your father is right” Shining seconded. “Creating more clones will only spread your energy even more. They may be useful as diversions, but not for decisive hits. And, if you go down, we’ll lose this war.”

“You’re really pathetic” Hepheus said to Star.

“Increasing the number of heads won’t help when all of them are just like the original one” Grogar added. “Don’t you see, Star, everyone is susceptible to the Lord of Chaos’ darkness. You and everyone else can end just like us.”

“There’s no way I will end up like you!” Star replied. “How many times do I have to say it?! My greatest dream is to become someone that will illuminate the path of others! There’s no way I will let that monster you call master to contaminate my heart with his disgusting darkness!”

“You don’t have to worry” Grogar replied. “Everything will go as planned. No magic is more powerful than the Eternal Nightmare Curse. I’ll make that dream of yours come true in this curse. So just disappear along with the rest of the world!”

And Ten-Tails launched a new Tailed Beast Bomb in form of beam against Star, Shining, Blue and Hawthorn. But when it looked that the attack would hit them, it just change its direction, going hitting and destroy some hills nearby, creating a big explosion.

Grogar couldn’t believe that he just send Ten-Tails to miss them, only to realize that his actions were caused by an external force that then disappeared. He recognized that as a telepathic spell used to control his actions.

“What the…” Blue started.

“He missed… deliberately?” Shining asked.

A sound behind them made Shining say with a smile:

“About time.”

Twilight, Luna, Silverweed and Thunder Night appeared beside them, with the former saying:

“Sorry for the delay.”

“But each one of us had other things to do before heading to here” Luna replied.

“I can’t believe he was able to get loose of my spell so easily” Silverweed said. “It only took two seconds.”

“At least, it was enough to save them all” Thunder Night replied. “Because of that, good work.”

“Star, Blue, Shining, are you both okay?” Twilight asked, worried.

“Yeah, I’m fine, mom” Star replied.

“He may be okay, but we need some recovery” Blue replied, referring to himself and Shining.

“I agree” the latter approved.

Applejack and Big McIntosh both appeared and the former said:

“Well, good think you have us here to help you while you recover.”

“Eeyup” Big Mac said.

At that moment, more and more elements of the Alliance appeared. Some unicorns from the Maretonia guard used a spell to disrupt sensing abilities, while guards of Evermist used the Mist Conjuration Spell. Together, they created a great mist that covered all the area. Cloud Chase, Rainbow Dash, Soarin, Spitfire and the rest of the Wonderbolts arrived as well.

“Wonderbolts arrive to battle!” Spitfire exclaimed.

“Oh yeah!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “It’s time to kick some ass!”

“Rainbow, don’t forget we have to be careful with this enemy” Soarin said.

“Well, let be honest, she wouldn’t be the Rainbow Dash we know if she did that” Cloud Chase replied.

Some deer appear beside Hawthorn and one said:

“Lord Hawthorn, we’re glad that you’re okay, despite everything.”

Spike, his brothers and Ember also landed, with the former saying:

“With the dragons here, you can be sure we’re close to victory.”

“I can second that” Ember agreed.

Dark Knight and Armored Oath appeared beside Shining and Blue.

“Were here, sirs” Armored Oath said.

“You two sure look awful” Dark Knight commented.

“It’s nothing that I can’t fix” Twilight said, starting to make a healing spell on both Shining and Blue.

At HQ, the arrival of the Alliance’s forces at the front line made the sensing bubble to become all distorted.

“The sensing bubble is not assuming its original shape” White Light observed. “Diamond Glow, Boreal Blizzard, confirmed the situation!”

“Roger” Diamond Glow said.

“Okay” Boreal Blizzard replied.

As more and more soldiers appeared, Arcing appeared with his unit saying:

“First Unit arrived to the scene.”

“So did the Second Unit” Obsidian Blade said, appearing with his daughter by his side.

“Third Unit has arrived” Thunder Night said, noticing all the other members of his unit appearing as well.

“Fourth Unit has arrived” Lightning Bolt said, while landing with the rest of the unit arriving.

“Fifth Unit has arrived as well” Gael replied, landing with Godot, with all the others appearing too.

“Medical Unit is here too” a medical unicorn replied, while she and the others helped the ones that were wounded.

“Sensor Unit arrived too” Silverweed said, with his companions behind.

“The Commando Unit is also here” Shadow Claw said, besides Ivory.

Watching the mist, Hepheus asked:

“You call that hiding?”

And Ten-Tails swung a tail and the mist was dispersed.

But then a strong wind caused by Godot and other griffons caused the mist to disappear, revealing all the forces of the Alliance. Star, who was in front of all of them, said to Grogar and Hepheus:

“You see, we’re not pathetic anymore. We brought something with us. It’s called the Alliance’s magic that is the most powerful magic over them all! It’s the think that will overcome your Eternal Nightmare Curse! Remember that!”

“The Alliance’s magic?” Hepheus asked with a devious smile. “Don’t you think that’s stretching a little bit?”

“We’re going to stop both of you with this magic” Star said.

“You’re wrong” Grogar replied. “Why don’t you realize that is meaningless for you to stop us?”

“This magic of yours will come into dust at the end of the war” Hepheus guaranteed. “Then someone from your side will attempt to do exactly what we’re doing now, because the Lord of Chaos won’t stop until the Project Eye of the Moon has come to reality. There is no victory, no matter how you struggle.”

“That’s right” Grogar said. “Hope doesn’t exist in this world!”

There was a pause, where Star tried to know what to say. But then he replied:

“So what? I don’t care. I’ll make sure there’s hope!”

Another pause and then Hepheus sighed and said:

“It appears that it’s meaningless to argue whether there is or isn’t something during a war. How about we settle this thing?”

“When there’s a different of opinion, isn’t the usual way majority rule?” Star said.

“That’s a good idea” Grogar agreed. “We’ll call it after we’ve erased all of you.”

“I knew you two would say that” Star replied.

“Well, after all we want different things for this world” Hepheus said.

“Yeah, you’re right” Star agreed. “Because of our ideologies… But one think I’m sure. This world…”

“This world…” Hepheus said.

“Will not end!” Star exclaimed.

“Will end!” Hepheus exclaimed.

And so all the warriors of the Alliance advanced and scattered in order to begin the one that would be the final battle. At that moment, Star felt White Light trying to communicate with him through Diamond Glow:

Thanks for buying us some time, Prince Star Knight” he said.

“Was it enough time to come up with a strategy?” Star asked.

Thanks to you, I was able to rely it to everyone” White Light replied.

With Princess Twilight’s help, Prince Blue Sword told us the General of Chaos is Hepheus, the great hero who defied the Lord of Chaos in the past” Diamond Glow said. “But there’s no time to be shocked. For this fight, we need to take and maintain the upper hoof and not give them any opportunity to counter.

Our intel shows us that our enemy possesses a great power” White Light replied. “So, first, we’ll shut down their field of vision.

Deer of Thicket!” Diamond Glow exclaimed to them.

And the deer used light nature to create and intense light that started to blind Hepheus, Grogar and Ten-Tails. Then Arcing took that moment to use his gale nature.

“Laser Circus Spell!” he exclaimed, while launching the beams, along with the ones who also had that nature.

While Ten-Tails tried to endure, Hepheus used his magic shield to defend himself, while Grogar passed through the beams.

“I see…” Hepheus said. “They want to blind the Ten-Tails.”

King Godot, now!” Day Glow exclaimed.

And the griffon king of the Enchanted Forest and his griffons created a great powerful wind against Ten-Tails.

Observing that, Grogar and Hepheus noticed they planned to cut their sense of vision and prevent them from sensing them at all, while at the same time blinding Ten-Tails and taking advantage of that to attack.

“They made us impossible to sense them” Hepheus said.

“Well, we just have to wipe them all out with a Ten-Tails’ attack” Grogar replied.

Ponies of Stonult, proceed now!” Diamond Glow exclaimed.

“Yes, we’re on it” Obsidian Blade replied, while he and others of his guards prepared to execute their spells.

And, together, they all made the ground under Ten-Tails to sink. The tailed beast tried to stop that, but to not avail. After that, the ones that used lava nature, including Quartz Blitz, used the Quicklime Spell, what caused quicklime to fell over Ten-Tails who roar after being hit.

Ponies of Evermist, you’re up now!” Diamond Glow exclaimed.

And they started to use water nature to fill the pit and to turn the quicklime around Ten-Tails into cement.

Dragons, it’s your time to end this!” Diamond Glow said.

“Let’s do this, guys!” Spike said to the other dragons.

And they took flight until they made their way over Ten-Tails and they casted their fire, what caused the cement to endure and the tailed beast to become completely immobile.

“Unbelievable…” Hepheus said. “Who would have thought that they all could work so well.”

With all that done, now we have the chance to go after Hepheus and Grogar” White Light said, while Star, in Sage Mode, and a clone created a Spiraling Star at the edge of the cliff were Ten-Tails was. “To them, the Ten-Tails is just a tool to activate their curse. If we take down those two casters, the Eternal Nightmare Curse can’t be activated. However, it’s best to assume that Ten-Tails’ power can’t be surpass for long.

That was true, as Ten-Tails started to break the concrete that was holding him.

Although he doesn’t possess the same ability as before, engaging in a magical fight with Hepheus is very risky” White Light continued. “It is for the best if you use physical attacks on him. Grogar has Hepheus’ ability to pass through objects and spells, but, according to intel, only for five minutes. Coordinate with the medical unit and continue to attack during five minutes. Prince Star Knight, now it’s the time for…

And the ones who could fly or use teleportation advanced, with Star taking the lead with his Spiraling Star, while he exclaimed, ending White Light’s sentence:

THE ALLIANCE’S MAGIC!

But the two villains remained calmed and Hepheus said:

“They’re so pitiful…”

“Yeah…” Grogar agreed. “Fighting for a hope that doesn’t even exist… Much like their own lives at this moment.”

And Ten-Tails’ tails started to unfurl.

“It seems the Ten-Tails is quite ready” Hepheus said.

Author's Note:

Don't forget to vote on my new poll about the spoilers of my future story in:

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll1854544x09EA4549-50

PreviousChapters Next