• Published 13th May 2016
  • 1,682 Views, 14 Comments

Star Knight and the Nine-Tailed Fox - Rakoon1



Star Knight will live his own adventure that is growing up with something evil inside of him whose power he will have to master if he wants to stop another plan of the Lord of Chaos to conquer the Pony Reality.

  • ...
28
 14
 1,682

PreviousChapters Next
The Beginning of the End

While lying on the ground without being able to stand up, Grogar remembered and thought about everything that Star told him.

After Star’s attack, Celestia activated his binds again, knowing full well Star’s attack didn’t affect Hepheus in the way they wished. But with all that light magic that she used, Celestia was able to immobilize him. When the dust cleared, Hepheus looked at Celestia and smiled at her.

Meanwhile, Grogar started to feel the pain caused by the extraction of the tailed beasts.

“The Tailed Beasts were extracted from him” Heartbeat said. “Does that mean he…”

“The Ten-Tails’ jinchuriki is not like all the others” Kurama explained to her. “They won’t die when the tailed beasts are extracted. It’s because Ten-Tails’ husk, the Demonic Statue, remains. It contains a lot of life force.”

“Really?” Heartbeat explained. “That’s incredible. But how can you know about that?”

“Who do you think that scattered us around the Enchanted Forest and the Pony-Reality?” Kurama asked. “The Lord of Order divided Ten-Tails’ energy into nine pieces after all when he already had a jinchuriki for him. But with nine bodies expelled at once, the jinchuriki became so weak that was like death, not being able to budge that much for months. The same will happen to him.”

“I see…” Heartbeat said. “So that’s how it works.”

She then turned to Blue and Shining that were a little worried about Grogar and told them:

“You don’t have to worry. The Nine-Tails inside me told me what will happen to Grogar.”

While she explained, Grogar continued to remind what happened during his talk with Star. He reminded of what his other self told him.

“So, there’s no need to worry” Heartbeat ended explaining.

“I see…” Shining said, looking to Grogar. “I was hoping that he would atone for all his past deeds. But if he cannot move, it can’t be helped. Just stay put… grandfather.”

Turning to Heartbeat, Shining said to her:

“Heartbeat, please, watch over Grogar, while Blue and I go help Star.”

“All right” she replied.

While the two unicorns moved away, Grogar looked to his hoof that was trembling from all the effort he was using to move it and then he joined it with the other hoof over his body.

“What are you doing?” Heartbeat asked, making Shining and Blue to turn over.

“To correct something that Hepheus did before the war.”

“No way…” Blue said.

“Although, I never thought… that I would… ended up undoing something made… by order of the Lord of Chaos. I’ll use the wild energy inside me to break the spell that is infecting the remaining Generals of Order.”

“But if you do that in your current condition, it will result on your…” Shining started.

A paused and then Grogar said:

“It looks like I know can understand why… many villains betrayed… the Lord of Chaos. A string of hearts linked together… That can be a great power as well. Heartbeat, I know you know what I’m talking about. Villains can be trapped in a maze of their own darkness and desires and only a great light, like Star’s, are strong enough to bring us back to the right path. But there are the ones, like me, whose redemption comes when they already have done too much damage.”

He then look to Shining and told him:

“I guess I won’t be able to reunite with our family again.”

“Are you really sure about this?” Shining asked, not knowing what to feel. “You can live… and atone for your sins, you know?”

“No…” Grogar said. “That path would be… the easy way.”

But when Grogar was about to cast the spell, a completely white hoof emerged from the ground and grabbed Grogar chest, starting to penetrate it. And Petal Sprout’s head, the real one, started to emerge, while saying:

“This time, I’ll be your way out.”

Hepheus, sensing Petal Sprout near Grogar, smiled even more and said to Celestia:

“It’s time to switch places. Now it will be my time to attack.”

“Cut the tough act” Celestia replied. “This war is over right now.”

And Star arrived at the same time Armored Oath arrived with his scroll.

“My prince, I’m here to seal Hepheus” he said.

“Good, then hurry up, Armored Oath” Star said. “I can’t wait to end this war.”

And the light guard prepared his scroll. Activating the spell, he made the tiger he draw to emerge and head toward Hepheus.

“Star Knight, I owe you a debt of gratitude” the General of Chaos said to Star. “You even extracted the tailed beasts from Grogar for me, saving me the trouble to do it myself.”

Star wondered what he wanted to say with that.

And Petal Sprout started to cover Grogar’s body while saying:

“Sorry, Grogar, but this is the reason why you weren’t chosen to be Ten-Tails’ jinchuriki.”

“Petal Sprout…” Grogar said. “But I thought…”

“You thought that I was sacrificed and that I know existed only in clones” he said, with his eye covering Grogar’s respective one. “Well, you were wrong…”

Armored Oath’s tiger grabbed Hepheus’ foreleg.

“Okay, it’s almost done” Armored Oath said.

Petal Sprout, taking over Grogar’s body, activated the spell and wild energy got out of him and headed to the sky, changing direction and going to the place where Grogar was. It then hit him and made him so strong that Hepheus said:

“Now, I’ll be fighting for real.”

And he casted a shock wave that launched dust that made the tiger to disappear.

With his job done, Petal Sprout started to get off Grogar, releasing his face that made him cough, while trying to catch his breath.

The wild energy that was given to Hepheus made him able to get rid of Celestia’s binds.

“Now I have the power I need to make my master’s plan come true. But don’t worry, Celestia, in this world that I will create, we’ll be together at last.”

“Hepheus… how did you…” she said. “I immobilized you and I nullify your dark power. You didn’t had any more power to resist a sealing spell… mainly one created by Heartbeat.”

“That can be true, but wild energy is one of the most powerful branches of dark magic” Hepheus said. “And I can use in many ways… including to counter any sealing magic used against me. It’s a good thing that I have a colleague that was kind enough to give me some… even at his… current situation after battling our dear young prince here.”

And he prepared to advance. Seeing that, Celestia tried to do something, but she was to exhausted from the fight. Hepheus then lent a blow on Star and Armored Oath, throwing them against the ground. He then grabbed Celestia’s neck and absorb magic from her.

“Now let me take some of your magic to make sure that you don’t use anymore tricks against me” Hepheus told her. “It’s nothing personal, but I can’t let my feelings getting on the way.”

He then noticed Star that came to attack him, but Hepheus was able to dodge all attacks.

“I won’t let you get your way!” Star exclaimed, while attacking.

“Ah, the young prince of the Light Kingdom…” Hepheus said. “You always the same. But your time will come, don’t worry. You can be sure that my master’s plan will be carried on.”

At the place where Grogar was, Petal Sprout, now completely free from the ram’s body told him:

“Grogar, it’s with great sadness that I tell that the Lord of Chaos doesn’t need your services anymore.”

“What did you do?” Shining asked to Petal Sprout.

But it was Grogar who said:

“He transferred… the wild magic in my body… to Hepheus… He’s too much stronger now…”

“And, without wild magic, your body will not be able to contain the Demonic Statue and you’ll die” Petal Sprout said. “All that remains is to take the control of the Nothingness Realm.”

And he advanced to take Grogar’s eyes. Heartbeat, Blue and Shining advanced to attack, but Petal Sprout was quick to take over the ram’s body. Rising up, he said:

“I think I’ll remain here a little longer, attached to him.”

“Petal Sprout… I should have destroy you instead of having Goldy imprisoning you in Tartarus” Heartbeat said. “You’re nothing more than a vegetal abomination.”

“You really like to talk too much, Heartbeat” Petal Sprout replied, standing up. “You may say whatever you want about me, but that won’t prevent me from carrying on my master’s will.”

“I thought we have eliminated all of you” Blue said.

“What you eliminated were my clones” Petal Sprout said. “I am the original one. The Lord of Chaos gave me the mission to observe and act in the case of any of his villains act against him. And it would appear he was right about Grogar. Because you underestimated me, I was able to carry on with my part and now Hepheus will be able to execute the Eternal Nightmare Curse. I simply couldn’t let this ram ruin everything by helping the other Generals. It’s bad enough that the General of Affection decided to join in. Now, until Grogar dies, I’ll use his body to fight you. It’s only fair that he is useful in the end.”

At the place where Star was fighting Hepheus, he said:

“For more that I like to fight you, young prince, I’m afraid I have more important things to do at the moment.”

“I won’t let you go!” Star exclaimed, while attacking.

“And I was not asking permition” the General of Chaos replied.

And he created a great amount of smoke that blinded Star, Armored Oath and Celestia. He then reappeared in an explosion that took down some guards nearby and, putting a hoof over a corpse that still had Kurama’s energy, he used it to heal the wounds he had. He then looked away and said:

“And now for my next act… I’ll take possession of every one of you… you filthy beasts!”

And he was talking to the tailed beasts, the ones with one to seven tails. The soldiers of the Alliance that were between Hepheus and the seven tailed beasts couldn’t help but feeling they should get out of the way and so they dispersed. Strongpaw, over his sand, retreated to Shukaku’s side, while the latter and the other tailed beasts prepared to fight the General of Chaos.

Hepheus then made the first move, taking off and advancing toward them.

“Shukaku, get ready!” Strongpaw exclaimed, while creating pieces of sand in midair.

“All right!” he replied, joining his front paws. “This is going to go wild!”

And he used wind nature to make a great blow that made the sand to turn into powerful shots. Although Grogar was pushed back by the wind and some shots hit him, he was able to protect himself from must of it.

“Nice attack” he commented, when it stopped. “But still it lacks power to defeat me!”

And he advanced. But Strongpaw used his magnet nature to make Hepheus stop in midair. Hepheus realized what happened.

“So that attack was to implant sand to stifle movement” he observed.

With him incapable of moving, Matatabi gave a jump and attack him with a paw, throwing him away, but Isobu rolled over him, throwing him again against the ground. Son Goku gave a jump and give him a kick that threw him against Kokuo who hit him with her horns, throwing him up. While he was going up, Chomei flew over him and hit Hepheus with his horn, making the dark alicorn fell on a sticky, adhesive substance that was being expelled by Saiken. With him now immobilized, Strongpaw exclaimed:

“All right, Shukaku!”

And the One-Tail extended his sand paws to Saiken’s substance and, with tons of sand layers with his marking, started to involve Hepheus. The sand started to lump up and create a bigger version of the pyramid that Strongpaw used to seal Gusty Blizzard. The marking then involved the pyramid, sealing it.

“It’s the Desert Imperial Funeral seal!” Shukaku exclaimed. “It uses my body sand and sealing mark at it!”

All the ones that saw that couldn’t believe how easily the tailed beasts were able to do all that and worried if they had been able to seal the General of Chaos.

“He’ll never take a breath of fresh air again!” Shukaku exclaimed, laughing then.

But then, to the One-Tail’s surprise, an explosion of dark magic happened on the pyramid and Hepheus got out, involved by the figure of darkness nature he used on his battle with Celestia. He then make a big jump and landed at some distance.

“That’s identical to the Warrior of Dark Light” Strongpaw observed. “However, it doesn’t seem to be as powerful as it, but even so…”

“I’ll be putting collars on all of you shortly” Hepheus said to the tailed beasts. “Not one of you will escape.”

“No, I won’t let you!” a voice replied.

It was Star, on his tailed beast state, who attacked Hepheus from behind.

“We are not going to wag our tails for you!” Kurama added.

“I’m sorry we’re late!” Gyuki said, while approaching, along with the others. “We were moving the injured.”

“Don’t worry” Matatabi said, while running. “There won’t be any more injured now. We’re ending this now!”

“Right!” Kurama seconded, while running as well. “Stack tails!”

And, together, all the nine tailed beasts extended their tails, while surrounding Hepheus. With a blow, they all crushed Hepheus with their tails at the same time, what caused a big shock.

“You were closed, damned tanuki” Kurama said to Shukaku.

“Just quick ordering us around, you damned fox!” he replied.

“We should have gotten him” Matatabi said.

And Hepheus got out, flying and landing at some distance away. Although he was able to escape alive, he had lost his right foreleg.

“Persistent bastard…” Son Goku said.

“But he has taken damage” Matatabi observed.

“Right, one more blast” Star said.

“Yeah…” Strongpaw said, hoovering beside Strongpaw. “Let’s do it, Prince Star Knight.”

While Hepheus was looking to the tailed beasts, a clone of Petal Sprout immerged from the ground beside him.

“It looks like you need my help” the clone said.

“Not that I appreciate, but I hate being three-legged” Hepheus said.

Noticing the clone, he said:

“That’s one of those clones…”

“He got back-up?” Strongpaw asked. “And only one?”

“What is he doing here?” Hawthorn asked.

“Give it to me” Hepheus ordered.

Petal Sprout extended his right foreleg and Hepheus used his magic to cut it and place it on the place where his original limb was. It then changed until it adopted the same form as the other.

“Now that I’m whole again, I can start the fun” he said, laughing then.

After that, he accessed his magic. That caused Kurama, in his plane, to sense something. Noticing that, Star asked:

“What’s wrong, Kurama?”

“That magic…” he said. “It brings back bad memories.”

“What do you mean?” Star asked.

“That repulsive magic contains wild energy, the same kind of energy Tirek used to manipulate me…” Kurama said.

“Don’t get scared and stick your tails between your legs, damn fox” Shukaku told cynically.

“If I were you, I wouldn’t underestimate him or any of the Lord of Chaos’ villains” Kurama replied.

“This really isn’t like you” Shukaku commented. “I don’t like it.”

And Hepheus casted a summoning spell and, by doing it, Grogar became stiff.

“Grandpa…” Shining said.

And, from his body, the Demonic Statue immerged.

“That’s the Demonic Statue” Heartbeat said.

“He may attack us with it” Blue said. “Shining, let’s make that thing disappear.”

“Yes” the white unicorn replied.

The two started to do the spell, but before they could do it properly, the statue disappeared.

“Did it worked?” Blue asked.

“No, it didn’t” Heartbeat said. “It was teleported.”

And the statue reappeared behind Hepheus, but having lost one arm. Seeing it, both Strongpaw and Star got a bad feeling about it.

“That again?” the young colt asked.

Noticing the damage on the statue, Hepheus said:

“The right arm had been wrenched off. I bet it was those two idiots. Well, that’s not a problem. Now I have a little pen for them.”

And he turned to the tailed beasts and said:

“All I need to do is to shove them in there.”

“He was able to summon that thing?” Son Goku asked. “Even with it inside the other?”

“Take a closer look” Matatabi said. “He possesses a great quantity of wild energy. No wonder he was able to do it.”

“How did he get that much amount of wild energy?” Chomei asked. “I don’t remember of him having all that.”

At that moment, Star remembered what Hepheus said before getting loose.

“No way…” he said. “That means he used Grogar… But that means he’s…”

Grogar continued to get weaken and weaken, while Petal Sprout continued to control his body. The plant pony tried to get to Grogar’s eyes to get his power over the Nothingness Realm, but he suddenly stopped.

“Grandpa…” Shining said.

“He’s fighting against Petal Sprout’s control” Blue observed.

“Barely” Heartbeat replied. “He’s using all the remaining energy he still has to fight.”

“Stubborn fool…” Petal Sprout said. “You’re almost dead. Just give up. This power was given to you by Hepheus who received it from the Lord of Chaos. It’s time to return it to his owner. It is trivial for it to be kept by the likes of you.”

“I won’t you let have this power back” Grogar said. “Hepheus is already too powerful and I won’t let him get the power over the Nothingness Realm to get an even bigger advantage.”

That caused Petal Sprout to laugh and said:

“Do you really think he needs that to win? How naïve… And I was thinking you were smarter than that. Now, you’re just a useless fool who refuses to die. Just stop resisting. You would be dead by now if I wasn’t stuck to you.”

“Then detach yourself from me… and take the power off my dead body” Grogar replied.

“No, because the moment I do that, those three will attack me before I deliver the power to the Lord of Chaos” Petal Sprout said. “I’m not a fool to face two Generals and a Captain of the Royal Guard.”

At the battle between Hepheus and the tailed beasts, the former said:

“It will take a while for your original to end his job” Hepheus said. “Not that matters now.”

“But it’s not like we don’t have anything to do” the clone said. “Dealing with them may take a while.”

“Don’t compare me with the other villains that needed months to retrieve those pets” Hepheus replied, while his injuries healed. “You’ll see the true power of the General of Chaos.”

“Come on, let’s go already!” Star exclaimed.

“Wait, we don’t know his attack plan” Kurama said.

“The Demonic Statue…” Gyuki said, looking to the one-armed humanoid statue.

After a moment, Hepheus said:

“I shall proceed carefully. If I use the wild energy in its true power we should see a more intriguing battle. This will be quick. No observe closely.”

And he opened his wings, flying to the top of the statue. And then his eyes gleamed with wild nature that combined with the dark magic inside him.

“He might try something” Matatabi commented to the others. “So watch out!”

But when she barely said that, something it her and all the other tailed beasts, throwing them to the ground. The forced of the attack was even strong enough to push back Strongpaw, who barely was able to remain on the sand. He wondered what just happened. The ones of the Alliance that were seeing that couldn’t believe how easily the tailed beasts were knocked down.

Watching the tailed beasts trying to get up, Hepheus said:

“This shall tame you a bit. Now I shall go ahead and put collars on you.”

And, using his magic, he made the Demonic Statue open its mouth.

“Something is coming!” Strongpaw exclaimed to Shukaku.

And the statue released nine dark chains, like the ones from before, that got around the nine tailed beasts’ necks.

“Eight-Tails!” Hawthorn exclaimed, when his tailed beast was caught.

“Kurama!” Star called.

“Now, I shall rip the Eight and Nine-Tails from their jinchuriki!” Hepheus proclaimed with a wicked smile.

The chain that held Gyuki started to pull him, what caused him to fell down.

“Eight-Tails!” Hawthorn called.

The chain that held Kurama also started to pull him, while Kurama tried to fight it, but to not avail.

“Damn it!” he exclaimed.

Star knew that he had to do something, so he decided to undo the Kurama mode.

“It’s useless” Hepheus told him, having noticed what Star was trying to do. “Once I have them, I’m not letting them go.”

Star couldn’t believe that Hepheus was right, as he couldn’t undo the Kurama mode. It was then that the chain started to pull Kurama, what caused Star to be pulled back through Kurama's avatar.

“Hepheus, don’t forget you must take them in order” the clone said. “One-Tails must go first.”

“I’m well aware of that” he replied.

“Since you need to rip out the last two tailed beasts from the jinchuriki, why don’t you just go ahead and pull in the others, from One-Tails to Seven-Tails in the meantime?” the clone suggested.

“Don’t even think about it!” Star exclaimed, while holding back. “I won’t let you take Kurama from me!”

“You’re right” Hepheus said to the clone. “It looks like this will take some time. So then… let’s start with this one!”

And he started to pull Shukaku. Before that, Strongpaw made sand hooves appeared and grab the chain.

“You can’t have Shukaku!” he proclaimed.

Seeing the determination that Strongpaw was showing, Shukaku couldn’t believe in it, after everything he did to him.

Years ago…

At the plane where Shukaku was meeting with a very young Strongpaw, the tailed beast told him:

“Once you fall asleep, I’m going to take over your body and soul. And then, I’ll slaughter all of you ponies! So you better not doze off.”

“You mean… you hate ponies?” the young Strongpaw asked, with a little fear.

“Yeah!” Shukaku replied. “I despise them! Even the ones called pony-panthers!”

“But… I thought you existed to protect the pony-panthers” Strongpaw said.

“I’ve never protected you all because I wanted to!” the tanuki replied. “You ponies are lesser than us beasts!”

A long time ago…

At the time of Shukaku’s first jinchuriki, a very old pony-panther that no longer used his transformed form, having a bluish coat with a scroll as Cutie Mark, bald head and a long white beard, he, whose name was Grain Wave, was imprisoned on a cage under constant vigilance, as it was a custom at the time of the earlier jinchuriki.

“Here’s your meal, Shukaku” a guard said, while passing a tray with food under the grids and approaching it with a rod to the old jinchuriki that was sitting at the center of the cage.

Grain Wave joined the hooves with tremors in a way of thanking the food.

“I don’t get why we have to guard a weird old pony like that even though we are experienced guards” the guard told to his companion.

“I know what you mean, but guarding a jinchuriki is an acknowledgement to your skills” he replied. “Just stop whining about it and deal with it.”

Inside Shukaku’s plane, he told to Grain Wave:

“Hey, your old geezer, they don’t even call you for your real name anymore.”

“I don’t really mind about that” he replied. “Since you know my true name, that’s what matters.”

“You may be considered wise between your kind, but come on! Don’t you get lonely or anything, putting up with ponies that hate you and a beast like me? Caged together with a pony-eating beast that has been with you since the day you were born?”

“Well, remember that I may die the moment I’m separated from you, since I’m a jinchuriki. Besides, there’s really no need to distinguish between pony and beast, because a friend from the heart provides peace of mind no matter the species.”

“I got to say you’re one strange pony” Shukaku commented. “I bet there won’t be another jinchuriki like you again.”

“No, I think you’re wrong there” Grain Wave disagreed. “A soul is like a reflecting water. Everypony often speaks or acts the opposite of their true feelings. But I believe that, fundamentally, every heart wishes to connect with and accept each other. Even with beasts.”

After a moment, Shukaku said:

“You know, you kind off remind me of the Lord of Order.”

It was then that tears formed on Grain Wave’s eyes and he said:

“Thank you very much. I believe those are the most heartwarming words that I ever received from you.”

Outside, one of guards exclaimed to him:

“Hey, hurry up and eat, old geezer! We have other things to do.”

Before that, Shukaku told to Grain Wave:

“Seriously though, I can’t see anypony else be like you out there.”

“Oh, I’m sure there are” the old jinchuriki replied. “I know that, one day, somepony will emerge and protect, redeem and shepherd you. And the moment you come to accept his true heart, you too will likely comprehend the meaning of these words.”

In the present…

Strongpaw continued to hold the chain that was holding Shukaku. Seeing that, now the one-tailed beast now understood what Grain Wave meant.

“Chief Strongpaw, hold in there!” Star exclaimed.

And then Shukaku remember what Strongpaw told him some time after what happened in the Light Kingdom.

Until now, I’ve always considered you unpleasant. But it was because I was a jinchuriki that I was able to meet Prince Star Knight. So at least there’s one thing I’m grateful to you for now.

“Why you disgusting pony-panther!” the clone exclaimed. “Are you seriously that happy to have your old pet back? How dare you to interfere, even when you’re not going to die as jinchuriki?!”

Hepheus then casted a blast of dark magic against Strongpaw, but then Shukaku protected him with a paw.

“You know my motto is absolute defense! I still got my pride as Shukaku!”

“Yes, I know” Strongpaw said, while holding the sand hooves.

“You know nothing at all, you fool” Hepheus said.

It was then that he casted a blast that hit and broke the part of chain that was holding Shukaku that was being grabbed by Strongpaw’s sand hooves so the chain could reattached again. With that, much to Strongpaw’s shock, he was hit and thrown back. Fortunately, his Sand Shield was able to hold him before he could get to the ground.

“Strongpaw, don’t overdo it!” Shukaku said, while being pulled.

Getting up, Strongpaw said:

“I’m no longer a jinchuriki. So that means… we can now pull all-nighters as equals.”

“Strongpaw…” Shukaku said, reminding what Grain Wave told him centuries ago. “You… remind me of Grain Wave.”

While Shukaku was being dragged and approaching the statue, the other tailed beasts started being pulled as well. While being pulled, one of Gyuki’s tentacles was cut off and Star was pulled back, as Kurama was being pulled by the Demonic Statue. Noticing that, Kurama turned to Strongpaw and told him:

“Hey you, leader of the pony-panthers! Do me a favor!”

While seeing the tailed beasts approaching even more, Hepheus said, smiling:

“Good…”

After telling what he wanted to tell to Strongpaw, while holding as much as he could, Kurama asked:

“You got it, Strongpaw?”

But he didn’t say anything. At that moment, Star got out of Kurama, as the nine-tailed fox was extracted from him. That caused Star to feel a great pain in his chest, with his heart starting to stop as he lost consciousness.

“Star Knight!” Strongpaw exclaimed.

He then reacted and made his sand catch Star.

It was then that the tailed beasts started to be pulled in to the Demonic Statue, starting with Shukaku.

“Shukaku!” Strongpaw called.

After him, Matatabi was next, followed by Isobu, Son Goku, Kokuo, Saiken and Chomei. While Gyuki was being pulled in, he said:

“I’m sorry… Hawthorn.”

Kurama, on his turn, said:

“I’m counting on you, Chief Strongpaw.”

And Gyuki was pulled in and, at last, Kurama was also pulled in. After that, the Demonic Statue closed his mouth and it opened his eyes, all with irises. The members of the Alliance couldn’t believe what just happened.

“Well, I guess I can’t expect more with my current strength” Hepheus said.

“That took longer than a few seconds” the clone commented. “But I guess you were faster than the other villains.”

“You really do talk too much” Hepheus commented. “You’re nothing more than a copy of the original Petal Sprout.”

“Well, we, clones, tend to be more wagging-tongued” the clone replied.

“I just hope the other battle goes well” Hepheus said.

“Don’t worry about that” the clone replied.

At that moment, Ingrid teleported and tried to attack Hepheus, but he dodged and the two engaged in a fight. That allowed Strongpaw to get out of there on his sand, while holding an unconscious Star on his back.

While transporting Star, he could feel him becoming weaker and weaker. The fact that he was an alicorn was the solo reason why he was still alive. But it wouldn’t be for long. He needed to do everything to save him. It was the least he could do, after what he did to him.

After fighting for a few moments, Hepheus ended up restraining Ingrid.

“I never met you like I did to your sister, but I have to say you’re rather tricky.”

“The same goes for you” she replied.

“But I’m the one who is standing up” Hepheus said. “Just look at you, the one that was once the Snow Queen. I really can’t understand why you rejected the Lord of Chaos the way you did.”

“That sure is something you will never understand” Ingrid replied. “At least at the state you are.”

“I’m going to go on ahead” the clone said, while infiltrating the ground.

After he did that, Ingrid said:

“But tell me, this curse of yours… Do you really think it’s a cure?”

“Of course” Hepheus said. “The Lord of Order’s creation has a paradox. Ponies and the other creatures desire peace and yet, on the other hoof, they create conflict as well. That duality is what causes it to be imperfect.”

“You’re wrong” Ingrid said. “It’s that duality that allows everything to be in balance. Only when one of them supplants the other is that everything enters in chaos.”

Hepheus looked at her with a look that gave Ingrid the impression he would do something to her. It was then that he said:

“You don’t have to worry. I won’t do anything to you. I will allow you to watch as the curse is activated so you can see that you’re wrong. Beyond that, you’re Celestia’s older sister and let’s just say I still have some love for her.”

Strongpaw continued to carry Star on his back as fast as his sand could. Meanwhile, a new player arrived to the battle, arriving on the head of a big statue of a pony with a lot of forelegs and a crown with six pony faces. The one controlling hit seemed to be a clone, but with a strange shape. And the statue started to attack the Alliance with its multiple limbs.

Aspen was using his light nature to cut through the a limb, but he ended up being hit by another, although he was able to stand up. The statue attacked Mystic Heart, hitting her, but she retreated and said:

“My magic won’t activate.”

“I can’t believe we’ll be stopped by the likes of him” Hard Stone said, looking to the clone.

“Not good” Twilight said. “That one is still blocking our way.”

Luna then noticed the clone’s strange form and the fact that he was capable of creating something like that. She wondered who he was, although an idea came to her.

“Well, then, let’s begin the fun” the clone said.

The five pony heads on the crown opened their mouth and fire, light, wind, earth, water and darkness appeared before them. Looking to that, Godot said:

“Six energy natures all at one time? How can we deal with that?”

“We just have to organize everyone” Gael replied. “Everyone, attack your respective nature!”

And, as the statue attacked, the ones capable of using elemental nature casted their attacks to block the statue’s, with the dragons using their fire, the deer using their light nature and the griffons the wind nature and the thestrals the darkness nature, what caused an explosion of smoke. When it cleared, the clone said:

“Impressive. You were able to counter each of the natures.”

But the big problem was that everyone in the Alliance was too tire and they didn’t know for much how time they would be able to fight. Even Twilight couldn’t do her healing spell anymore, even with Princess Luna’s help, to help everyone recover their energy. Even Hard Stone knew they would have to retreat and regroup if they continued like that. He knew they had to trust on Star to deal with Hepheus.

It was then something caught the attention of the sensing warriors, as well as others: Strongpaw had arrived.

“There they are!” he said.

And headed to Twilight. Once he arrived to her edge, Twilight, seeing her son the way he was, exclaimed:

“Star!”

And Strongpaw landed Star on a sand platform that he created to hold the young prince, while Twilight observed her son.

“There’s no time to explain right now!” he said. “Princess Twilight, I need you to come with me. Healing him it’s what you can do for him right know on the way.”

“But what happened?” Twilight asked. “I’m his mother and I need to know how he ended up like this!”

“Just come, princess!” Strongpaw replied. “Don’t waste time! I’ll explain later.”

Twilight then climbed on to the sand and Strongpaw elevated them and started to advance, while the princess started to apply healing magic on Star.

The clone whose limb was given to Hepheus appeared behind the clone on the statue and said:

“Star Knight… He stubbornly keeps living for a bit because he’s an alicorn. But trying to heal him is completely useless.”

“Of course” the other clone said. “Unless you’re as immortal as a General, when the Nine-Tails is extracted from his jinchuriki, the latter dies.”

The Demonic Statue disappeared, with Ingrid falling on the ground, while Hepheus landed smoothly.

“Well, I have things to do” Hepheus said to Ingrid. “I’m sorry, but I can’t keep you company. Bye.”

And he started to move away.

“No, come back here!” Ingrid called, but in vain.

While keeping his son alive, Twilight said to him:

“Hang in there… Don’t give up! You’re so strong! You’ll make it! I know that you will!”

It was then that the healing started to lose effect, as his heartbeat continued to drop. Twilight tried to do her best, but her magic was almost done. She didn’t have any more energy to keep the spell.

“At this rate…” Twilight said, with tears on her eyes. “…my son is going to… die!”

PreviousChapters Next