• Published 13th May 2016
  • 1,677 Views, 14 Comments

Star Knight and the Nine-Tailed Fox - Rakoon1



Star Knight will live his own adventure that is growing up with something evil inside of him whose power he will have to master if he wants to stop another plan of the Lord of Chaos to conquer the Pony Reality.

  • ...
28
 14
 1,677

PreviousChapters Next
Counterattack

Heartbeat’s sudden appearance caused surprise to everyone around her, even Twilight, who asked:

“Heartbeat? How can you be here? I thought you were…”

“And I was… until a few moments ago” she replied. “But before that, you better prepare yourself for the explosion.”

That caused even more confusion, but then an explosion happened at far.

“I sent Ten-Tails’ attack to over the sea” Heartbeat revealed.

And a big wave caused by the sea washed the battlefield. All the ones who couldn’t fly had to endure the cold water before it calmed down.

“Now, answering to your question, princess, I am not the only one awake” Heartbeat revealed. “Purple Smoke and Melody also recovered. This spell of the General of Chaos weakens with time, but when our element is renewed, then our power returns before time.”

“This is really surprising” Twilight confessed, turning then to Star. “But you knew about this, Star?”

“Yeah, I sensed her when I was in Nine-Tails Mode” he replied. “The others should arrive here soon enough.”

There was a pause and then Celestia and Ingrid landed beside Heartbeat.

“Well, Heartbeat, you keep as fast as ever” the former said.

“Yeah, it’s impressive having in count that you were in a coma a few moments ago” Ingrid added.

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight exclaimed with a smile. “Queen Ingrid! You’re okay!”

“All thanks to Purple Smoke and Melody” Celestia replied. “They were the ones to finish Tirek and imprison him.”

At that moment, Luna approached and embraced her sisters, saying:

“I’m so glad you’re here! But how about the others?”

“Don’t worry, they will come” Ingrid ensure. “But Heartbeat thought it was best to bring us two ahead.”

It was then that Hepheus landed in a higher point nearby and exclaimed:

“Celestia! Finally, you arrived. I’ve been waiting for our meeting.”

Seeing Hepheus once more, but as the General of Chaos, made Celestia to have a tight in her heart.

“Sister…” both Ingrid and Luna said, worried about Celestia.

But then Celestia knew what she had to do. She turned to Hepheus and told him:

“I’ll deal with you later. First, I’ll stop the Ten-Tails.”

Hepheus chuckled and then said:

“Always the same thing. You didn’t change a bit.”

“What could you expect?” Heartbeat said. “After all, that thing is coming toward us.”

She was right, as Ten-Tails started to advance.

“Star, you did it really great” Heartbeat said. “Now, why don’t you rest a bit?”

And she turned her back and, at that moment, Kurama, while he was gathering energy, felt something familiar.

“This presence…” he said. “It’s Heartbeat. What’s going on?”

“Very well, let’s begin this” Celestia said to Luna, Ingrid and Heartbeat.

And then Heartbeat was involved by energy, the same type of energy Star had when in Nine-Tails Mode, much to everyone’s surprise.

“It is time for our counter-attack.”

Although Twilight didn’t understood how that could be, Star and Kurama did.

“I never imagined that Heartbeat would to…” the fox said.

“I know” Star said. “Heartbeat never stops amazing us.”

“I know that even better than you do” Kurama replied. “Even after Golden Paladin and Leaf Mane split my energy and left me with almost nothing and after they sealed half of my essence in you, I still keep being surprised by those General of Order.”

And then Heartbeat, Ingrid and Luna teleported away, each one appearing in other three locations located in three cardinal direction and, together with Celestia, they created a barrier around the Ten-Tails.

“And now I’ll add another thing” Celestia said, focusing more energy.

And light restrains came out of the ground and started to bind the tailed beast’s tails, pinning them against the ground.

“Impressive…” Silverweed said.

“This barrier is normally used by the Generals because it is needed a great quantity of energy to create it” Blue said. “But, having in count that we have three alicorn powering it, it is even more powerful than usual.”

The beast roared intensively, feeling trapped.

“No way…” Twilight said, seeing that, while finishing healing Star.

The young jinchuriki rose up, advanced and then said:

“Thanks, mom, for healing me. Now it’s your turn to get some rest.”

But then Twilight put herself by her son and told him:

“Don’t think because I’m your mother that I can’t fight by your side, Star. I already stand down when you fought against the General of Chaos and your father already fought with you. Now it’s my turn. After all, I am the Princess of the Light Kingdom.”

Although a little surprised, Star smiled and nodded to her.

“And don’t forget about me” Blue said, appearing beside Star. “We’re a family and we’ll do this together.”

With the help of his parents, Star knew he would stop that beast.

“Okay, let’s do this!” he exclaimed.

And so, as if sensing that, Ten-Tails started to make another Tailed Beast Bomb.

“It wants to break the barrier!” Heartbeat exclaimed. “Your Highnesses, hold up and focus!”

“Yes, we know that” Luna replied.

When the ball was ready, Ten-Tails fired it. The explosion happened inside, what caused the barrier to expand, while containing the explosion. But it got out from the top, like a volcano.

“Tha barrier held!” Applejack exclaimed.

“Oh, yeah!” Rainbow Dash said. “Way to go, Heartbeat! Princesses Celestia and Luna! Queen Ingrid!”

“I have to say, that thing is really amazing to be able to keep it trap” Shadow Claw commented.

“But where is Ten-Tails?” Cloud Chaser asked.

And, when the dust inside the barrier cleared, the beast reappeared.

“That Ten-Tails…” Godot said. “It appears it just scorched itself.”

“That really isn’t just a simple barrier” Gael observed.

“Wow!” Star exclaimed.

“That really is an impressive work of magic” Twilight said.

“It was designed by Mirror Coat and Golden Paladin for the eventuality of Ten-Tails be revived” Blue explained. “No wonder Ten-Tails wasn’t able to break it, even more with the barrier made of magic coming from three alicorns.”

Celestia then used her magic to create five clones of herself with light nature.

“I’ll make four entry points…” one clone said.

“…so everyone can…”

“…get in and out…”

“… and fight that thing.”

Everyone cheered and then Luna, using her darkness nature, pinned Ten-Tails body against the ground, while the other members of the Alliance followed four of Celestia’s clones to get inside the barrier. The other clone flew to where Hepheus and told him:

“Now, it’s your turn. Sorry to keep you waiting, Hepheus, but we now can settle this.”

“No way” Hepheus replied, sitting down. “A clone is no fun at all. How can I fight a mere copy of the mare I love and I must fight. I’ll remain here until the real you comes.”

The other clones created openings on the barrier and then said:

“Go now!”

And everyone, including Star and his parents advanced. Noticing the danger approaching, Ten-Tails reacted by making small copies of himself erupt from his body. Those copies were different in size and form, but they all shared many of the Ten-Tails' distinctive traits, such as his mouth as well as spiked protrusions on their heads and backs.

“Those are fissure beings, created as a way to protect him” Heartbeat told.

Those beings landed on the ground and started to advance, creating blades on their arms. They then meet with the Alliance, that was being led by Star. A fight began with everyone doing their best to neutralize them all.

Looking to her mother, Star saw her fighting in a way he never watched before. The determination and the power in her attacks were even better than he thought she was capable of. But of course he never saw her fighting for real before. His father was also fighting at his very best. It was obvious he was starting to recover his magic as General of Balance, but it was amazing how he could defeat many copies of Ten-Tails just with close combat.

Seeing all that gave Star the determination to do his best as well and, covering himself with Nine-Tails’ energy, he created a Spiraling Sphere to defeat a copy that was about to attack Twilight who then smiled at him, thanking.

But they were not the only ones giving their best. Rainbow Dash, Soarin and Cloud Chaser also attacked from above, taking advantage of the fact the copies couldn’t fly, while Applejack and Big Mac defeated many with their strength. Shadow Claw, on his turn, used his pony-wolf abilities, being able to dominate his battles with his speed and using his claws to pierce them, while Spike used his fire to torch his enemies.

However, the number of enemies kept increasing, along with their size.

“This is not good” Blue said. “If this continues like this, we won’t last long. Star, can you give us the energy cloaks again?”

“Not quite now” he replied. “Kurama isn’t done recharging his energy yet.”

“To take down the main body, we need to take down the big ones or have someone to pass through them” Twilight said. “Perhaps the pegasi, the griffons or the dragons can do that, but they are too busy fighting their own battles.”

“But, without your energy, Star, we may suffer several casualties and the medical core can’t come here” Blue added.

But then Star advanced, charging his horn with magic.

“So, we need something to pass through them, like flying. Well, I have something in mind.”

And he made a summoning spell, making a great quantity of smoke appear around him. When the smoke, a great toad appeared, with Star over his head, using a blue jack, wearing a necklace with a large bead, holding a katana in a sheath and smoking a cigarette. It was then that Star noticed where he was standing.

“This color… Wait, you’re… Tough Skin!”

“Pops was busy with some negotiations, so I came in his place instead” he replied. “What, are surprised?”

“No, not really, but you sure got big all of the sudden!” Star exclaimed.

“It’s just you ponies grow too slowly” Tough Skin replied. “So, tell me, what’s the deal here anyway?”

“You see that giant monster over there?” Star asked. “Can you get me closer with some leaps?”

“You mean the biggest one?” Tough Skin asked.

“That’s right” Star replied, turning then to his mother. “Mom, can you heal and protect everyone like you did when Hepheus invaded the Light Kingdom?”

Twilight then nodded and told:

“You can count on me, son.”

“Now, attack!” Star exclaimed. “Jump, Tough Skin!”

And the big toad did so, while Twilight accessed to her magic to execute the same thing she did at the time of the Light Kingdom’s destruction. The force of Tough Skin’s jump was such that Blue Sword had to protect himself. With that jump, Star and Tough Skin started to pass through Ten-Tails’ copies. When they threw spikes to the duo, Tough Skin used his katana to defend them all.

“Nice, Tough Skin!” Star congratulated. “I can see your size is not for show.”

“Never mind that” he replied. “Can you just hurry up and make so magic? Come on, get on with it! Do you want me to shake you off my head?”

Star could noticed that Tough Skin hadn’t only grown in size, but also in attitude.

“If that toad friend of yours want to see some magic, then we can show him that” Kurama told Star in their plane.

“What do you mean?” Star asked.

“Now that we’re in harmony, we can combine our own natures to create a new one” the nine-tailed fox replied.

“Wait, are you serious? A new combined nature?”

“We both have wind nature, but it is possible to combine my fire nature with your darkness nature. We just need a little more time to execute that.”

“And you can do that, while gathering more energy?” Star asked.

“Please, how dare you to doubt of my abilities?” Kurama replied. “Just focus on your part that I focus on mine.”

Meanwhile, Twilight’s magic arrived to everyone around who started to get healed and have their energy renewed. Seeing that, the original Celestia couldn’t help but smile, while seeing her former pupil executing an immense control over her magic in a way she was never able to do.

While approaching Ten-Tails, Star had his eyes closed, while focusing his magic and joining his darkness nature with Kurama’s fire nature and then black flames erupted from his horn and formed a pinwheel.

“But that’s…” Heartbeat said, while seeing that. “The blaze nature, the nature that creates flames capable of burning any material and impossible to be extinguished by water or other methods except for its user… That Nine-Tails… He really knows how to use Star’s abilities.”

Preparing to launch the attack, Star exclaimed:

“Blazing Hurricane!”

And he threw it and it hit Ten-Tails’ body was engulfed with black flames, causing it to scream in pain. Tough Skin landed and he said:

“Wow, that was really impressive” commented the giant toad. “I see you got better with your magic, Star.”

But he didn’t reply, staying watching Ten-Tails burning, hopping that with that he could defeat that beast.

PreviousChapters Next