• Published 13th May 2016
  • 1,677 Views, 14 Comments

Star Knight and the Nine-Tailed Fox - Rakoon1



Star Knight will live his own adventure that is growing up with something evil inside of him whose power he will have to master if he wants to stop another plan of the Lord of Chaos to conquer the Pony Reality.

  • ...
28
 14
 1,677

PreviousChapters Next
Declaration of War

Author's Note:

For the ones who read the previous chapter before some changes I did, it just to inform of that, as I made a little mistake and you could find it in this chapter and not understand.

The General of Chaos’ appearance caused some surprise over the presents, but then Aspen reacted quickly and, using his enhanced speed, he tried to strike him. However, the General of Chaos used his special ability and the deer king simply passed through him and Ulysses.

“What?!” he asked.

And he hit the wall. After that, the General’s eyes shone with a strange glow and Ulysses simply disappeared, appearing to be absorved. After that, Aspen, who was standing where he landed after the blow he did, demanded:

“Return Ulysses, right now!”

“That will depend on your response to what I am about to tell you” the General of Chaos replied.

“Just calm down, Aspen” Hard Stone said, while descending beside Aspen. “Lets hear him out and take it from there.”

The General teleported to the side of Adagio and told her:

“Take care of Ulysses.”

And he also absorbed her just like he did to Ulysses.

“That power…” Heartbeat said. “It’s some kind of teleportation spell. But where did he teleported them?”

When Adagio found herself, she was in a pocket dimension that was composed from an innumerable amount of randomly arranged and differently sized rectangular prisms amongst a dark and seemingly endless void.

“Where am I?” Adagio asked. “Wait, I know. This is his pocket dimension.”

She looked around and saw a orb of dark energy that she took and started to use it to heal Ulysses.

At the conference room, the General of Chaos took flight to a high place and said:

“Now, are you ready to listen?”

“Whatever you have to say to us, it can’t be something good” Twilight said.

“Believe in me, Princess Twilight, it is good” the General of Chaos said. “At least, I think so. I guess you’ll have to wait to see for yourselves.”

“Can I ask you one think, first?” Heartbeat asked.

“Heartbeat, this is not the time…” Blue started.

“Don’t worry, it’s something serious” she said to Blue, turning then to the General. “Why did you save Ulysses from King Hard Stone’s spell. It’s not like you or your master care about him.”

“Very well observed” the General complimented Heartbeat. “That’s why you’re the only General of Order I respect.”

“I believe the correct world is fear” she corrected him. “I can see that’s what you feel about me because I am the most powerful.”

There was a pause and then the General said:

“Think what you want, but answering to your question the answer is quite simple. Ulysses is one of the few who mastered the blacklight nature. Do you know how rare is seeing the Warrior of Dark Light? The Lord of Chaos will find some utility for something like this.”

“Well, that makes sense…” Heartbeat said.

“But I have to said that he invading the summit was unexpected” the General of Chaos said. “And it was quite impressive how far he was able to get. Just a little more and he would have taken Princess Twilight hostage, if not some others.”

“Taking us hostage?” Mystic Heart asked. “What ever for?”

“To ensure my master’s plan” the General of Chaos asked. “It is called Project Eye of the Moon.”

“I’m surprised that someone like you would use such tactics” Hard Stone said.

“That’s right” Kyrippos agreed. “After everything all of you did, taking hostage seems a little low.”

“Maybe, but don’t forget the forces of Chaos are in constant conflict with the ones of the Order” the General of Chaos said. “Each side is always overpowering the other. Because of that, we need some… advantage.”

“So all this was to get that advantage, right?” Shining said.

“I guess we can say that” the General replied. “But there is so much to it.”

“What are you scheming?” Princess Luna. “What exactly is this Project Eye of the Moon of yours?”

“I see you got interested in it” the General of Chaos commented. “Don’t tell me it was the name, Princess Luna.”

“Stop joking and answer the question!” Ingrid demanded.

There was a pause and then the General of Chaos replied:

“Everything in this reality shall become one with the Lord of Chaos. He already took some of the realms, but now, he wants the Pony World and the Enchanted Forest, the two main realms. A way to unite us all.”

“What do you mean with become one and unite all of us?” Hard Stone asked. “What does that even mean?”

“In the beginning of everything, light and darkness were one, but they separated and created their respective Lords” the General of Chaos. “They are the two forces that are doomed in battling each other for eternity. The plan is to make them whole again.”

“Now your babbling” Spike said. “That’s impossible.”

“Only for simple minds like yours” the General asked. “But what I am saying is true.”

Aspen jumped to the ground asked to the General:

“And what do the Tailed Beasts have to do with that plan?”

“Do you all know why the Tailed Beasts exist?” the General of Chaos asked. “Why the Lord of Order created such powerful beings and let them walk among the other things he created?”

Twilight then realized.

“Ten-Tails” she said.

“Exactly” the General of Chaos. “It’s in Ten-Tails that my master’s goal lies.”

“What do you mean with that?” Hard Stone asked, descending and landed at the table close to the others. “Why do you need an uncontrollable beast?”

“I wouldn’t say it’s uncontrollable” the General of Chaos. “Only… difficult. After all, the Lord of Order was able to subdue and defeat Ten-Tails, the aggregation of all Tailed Beasts, a creature that possessed almost infinite power. Do you really think the Lord of Order would be able to divide Ten-Tails’ energy into nine pieces without having some control over it? Aren’t you curious about how he did that?”

“I guess you’re about tell us, aren’t you?” Godot asked.

“In order to defeat and control Ten-Tails, the Lord of Order created a special spell, the origin of all the sealing spells, and with it sealed the monster inside a vessel, the first Jinchuriki” the General of Chaos told. “With that, he saved all his creation from destruction. However, he feared that, when the life of that Jinchuriki ended, the beast would come back, so, at the end of the vessel’s life, he divided the energy in nine pieces to create the nine Tailed Beasts you all know and sealed the body away to a place no one would be able to get: the moon.”

“What you’re saying doesn’t make sense” Luna said. “I spent a thousand of years there and I didn’t notice anything like the body of a ten-tailed monster.”

“Well, of course not” the General of Chaos replied. “After all, the Lord of Order’s magic is far more superior than the magic of the Elements of Harmony that put you there.”

“We already know that the Lord of Chaos is trying to assemble the Ten-Tails” Blue said. “But if what you’re saying is true, then the only for him to control it is…”

“That’s right, the Lord of Chaos will get his own Jinchuriki” the General of Chaos replied. “Me, to be more exact. And when we’re succeed, the Lord of Chaos will rule everything.”

“You must to be joking” Heartbeat said. “You don’t have any idea how it is to be a Jinchuriki.”

“Heartbeat’s right” Chief Strongpaw said. “You don’t even imagine how difficult it is to control or contain a Tailed Beast.”

“Don’t worry about that” the General of Chaos said. “I have an advantage. And when I’ve become the Jinchuriki of Ten-Tails, I will make master’s plan come true.

“What how do you plan to do that exactly?” Hard Stone asked.

“With a curse” the General replied. “The Infinite Nightmare Curse, with which we will put a curse on the moon and cast every single being both in the Pony World and the Enchanted Forest into a mega illusion, and, as a result, by controlling them all, the Lord of Chaos shall unify all of us. He’ll create a world where there’s no war between Order and Chaos. That is the Project Eye of the Moon.”

“You’re insane!” Spike exclaimed. “Do you really think we’ll let you do such thing?!”

“That kind of peace is just an illusion” Twilight said.

“True peace can only be achieved when done honestly” Celestia continued.

“And what exists in that illusion world?” Mystic Heart asked. “There is no hope, no dreams… It’s just an escape!”

“It’s funny that you say you want to unite the world, when it’s obvious you just want to make this world yours and just yours” Hard Stone said.

The General of Chaos laughed and then asked:

“And yet, with all that talk, what did you all accomplished? You, of all beings, should have realized by now. There is no hope. Hoping is like giving up and it’s the biggest deception of all. As long as light and darkness fight each other, the war will never end. So, please, just turn over the remaining Eight and Nine-Tails and cooperate with my plan. Or this is war.”

“Eight-Tails?” King Aspen asked. “What do you mean? You captured Hawthorn.”

“The capture of Eight-Tails failed and he escaped” the General declared. “Now, there’s a perfect Jinchuriki. There is no one like your younger brother.”

“What?!” Aspen asked, without believing.

“Oh, so he really escaped” Blackthorn said. “I had a feeling of that.”

“That foul!” Aspen said. “I can’t believe he used this just to escape!”

“I won’t give up my own son to you” Twilight declared to the General of Chaos.

“None of us would” Blue said. “You’re just wasting your time asking us that.”

“Agreed” Mystic Heart said.

“As long as we exist, you’ll never get your hooves on Star and Lord Hawthorn” Celestia said.

“I’ll never hand over my brother” Aspen affirmed.

The other regents were of the same opinion.

“My master may not have their power yet, but he does have the power of the seven Tailed-Beasts I and the other villains collected” the General continued. “You have no chance of winning.”

“We won’t abandon hope” Strongpaw replied.

“Very well” the General of Chaos said. “I hereby declare war on you all in behalf of the Lord of Chaos. A great war between Order and Chaos begins now.”

“But a war like that will devastate everything in its path” Celestia said. “You can’t…”

“I already did” the General of Chaos said. “And the next time we meet again, it will be at the battlefield.”

He and Celestia traded looks for a few seconds and then he said:

“I wish you good luck, because you’ll need it.”

And, having said this, he teleported away.

A silence was imposed after that and King Hard Stone asked:

“All right then, what should we do now?”

“I think it was quite obvious” Twilight said. “All our kingdoms must form an alliance, like Green Spear was suggesting before. It’s the only way to fight the power of the Lord of Chaos and his villains along with seven Tailed Beasts.”

“I agree” Aspen said. “We cannot allow the Lord of Chaos bully us any longer.”

Luna, repairing on her sister’s distanced look, asked:

“Sister, are you okay?”

Her voice made Celestia come to her senses, after she was still wondering why the General of Chaos looked so familiar to her.

“Yes, I am.”

“My king, we must take steps to find Lord Hawthorn right away” Blackthorn said. “If the villains are after the Eight and Nine-Tails, that means that maybe they’re still after him.”

“You’re right” Aspen said. “Then we must return to Thicket immediately and then put together a search party and find Hawthorn.”

“Yes, sir” Blackthorn replied.

“In order to stop the Lord of Chaos’ plan, we must put the Eight and Nine-Tails out of his clutches” Mystic Heart said. “I say it’s imperative that our forces get them before any villain does and put them out of sight and into hiding as fast as we can.”

“At this moment, Star is at the academy with the protection of three Generals” Twilight said. “For now, he is safe.”

“That may be so, but I can’t even imagine the power the Lord of Chaos has mastered with seven Tailed-Beasts” Hard Stone replied. “And if he will really use that curse, that can be catastrophic to us all.”

“Yes, otherwise, he wouldn’t show his game” Stone Quake agreed.

“I believe that the most logic thing to do is to use the Eight and Nine-Tails in battle” Hard Stone said. “Don’t you all agree with that?”

“But that would be like giving the Tailed Beasts to them on a plate” Kyrippos said.

“I agree” Spike said. “This war is also to protect them.”

“Probably the reason why the Lord of Chaos is declaring war is because he knows that, with the villains he currently has, capturing Prince Star Knight and Lord Hawthorn is not an easy task right now” Ingrid said.

“Or he may be trying to lure them out” Cadance said. “But whatever the reasons, using the Tailed Beasts in battle isn’t a good idea.”

“We must find a different plan” Gael said.

“For once, I agree with him” Godot agreed.

“They’re right” King Aspen said. “Beyond that, I don’t think my little brother would do any good in the battle field. He’s too unpredictable and has a very laid-back nature.”

“My son is very smart and mature for his age” Twilight said. “I have absolute faith in him, but he’s too young to participate in any war. Furthermore, my love for him would never allow it any way.”

“Yes, my love for him says the same thing, Twily” Blue said. “Although he defeated the General of Chaos once, we cannot allow him participate in this war. Mainly it is about him.”

“Very well, then the Eight and Nine-Tails will be under protective custody” Celestia said. “What do you say, King Hard Stone?”

He nodded his head, agreeing, and then Aspen said:

“I’ll share with all of you the information about my brother so that you are prepared for the case you meet him. Just be sure that you contact me at the moment you locate him. My younger brother will only listen to me.”

“Although I am not a fighter, I am willing to offer you the services of my guard” Kyrippos said. “They were specially trained just to ensure that Seven-Tails was contained.”

“Just to be clear, are you all sure about this plan?” Hard Stone asked. “The power of the Lord of Chaos is equal to the one of his brother, and this without counting with the seven Tailed-Beasts he already possesses. If we hold the Eight and Nine-Tails and our forces are defeated while protecting them, our entire effort will be meaningless. If that’s the case, it’s for the best use them right from the start and fight in a two front unite.”

“But, King Hard Stone, you still don’t know the true potential of this alliance” Green Spear said. “After all, we’re witnessing the alliance of several kingdoms, each one possessing a powerful force. Furthermore, there must be some risks in using the power of the seven Tailed-Beasts. Otherwise, the General of Chaos wouldn’t come to this summit to try to negotiate. They must be facing unfavorable circumstances just like us.”

“Well, that was quite an explanation” Luna said. “Don’t you agree, King Hard Stone? Or do you still have any doubts?”

That question from Luna was not really taken good by the king of Stonult.

At the place where the ceiling fell because of Ulysses, Quartz Blitz, who had protected herself with a rock wall, was observing a clone of Petal Sprout that she had neutralized when it appeared on her.

“What the hell was he?” she asked. “It’s disgusting. Well, I just hope gramps isn’t upset for my delay.”

Back to the conference room, Hard Stone said:

“Well, I think that I don’t have any choice but to agree. I mean, if that what our leader thinks, isn’t that right, Princess Celestia?”

“Yes, about that…” Princess Celestia said. “Like I was saying before we were interrupted by Petal Sprout, I don’t think I am the best candidate to lead the alliance, but the one who assembled this summit.”

The alicorn princess turned to the deer king and said to him:

“That is if you accept the burden. With your brother alive, your calm returned and that is what makes a great king. And I know it will also make him a great leader to our alliance. Beyond that, you’re the only one who can control your brother who can control Eight-Tails.”

“Do you all agree with this?” King Hard Stone asked to the other regents.

“If Celestia says it’s the right decision, then I agree with her” Twilight said, faithful to her former teacher.

“The same goes for me” Luna said, with Ingrid agreeing with a nod.

“This is not the time or place for petty squabbles” Mystic Heart replied. “I’ll put my faith in Princess Celestia’s decision.

The other regents were of the same opinion. Before that, Aspen said:

“Very well, I’ll lead our alliance. Unless you have something to say, Hard Stone.”

“You don’t have to worry about me” he replied. “I’m too old to be a leader of an alliance of any kind. Furthermore, I do agree with Princess Celestia that you’ll be a good leader. You can count with me. But that doesn’t mean I still find you a petulant brat.”

“I wouldn’t expect any less from you” Aspen said. “Very well, I hereby announce that the alliance of the kingdoms of the Pony World and the Enchanted Forest is formed.”

And so, with everything settle, the regents went to their ways to their respective kingdoms. The regents from the Enchanted Forest took the same path, but once they were on Thicket, they took different paths. While traveling, Quartz Blitz said to her grandfather:

“I don’t understand why we don’t get rid of Eight-Tails and Nine-Tails right now. We can completely mess up with the Lord of Chaos’ plan and decrease the Light Kingdom and Thicket’s power. Our kingdom would gain more importance in the Enchanted Forest. Two birds with one stone.”

“No, I won’t to do things like this time” the king replied.

“Why not?” Quartz Blitz asked, surprised. “This is not like you, your stubborn old geezer.”

She was right, but Hard Stone couldn’t stop but remembering what Strongpaw asked him at the summit. He then replied:

“It’s because I remember. I remember who I was before I got so stubborn.”

At the Light Kingdom, Twilight was at her room to rest. That summit had been more intense than she had expected and she still had some after effects after the invasion from the General of Chaos. It was then that she heard a voice saying:

"It's so rewarding when you see one of our greatest creations coming to life again."

Twilight turned and saw the Lord of Order next to the window of her room seeing the citadel being rebuilt.

"I think I've been too focused on stopping my brother from destroy everything in this reality, that I forgot that feeling."

The alicorn princess approached and said:

"I suppose you're here because the declaration of war."

"It was inevitable" the Lord of Order replied.

"Honestly, I don't know what might happen" Twilight said. "All this is taking gigantic proportions."

"Don't worry, Princess Twilight" the Lord of Order said. "Although I won't be able to interfere directly in the war, I know that you and the others will do your utmost to prevent that the evil plan of my brother does not come true. And since there's still a being wanting to continue to fight for what's right, hope never dies."

And, having said this, he disappeared, leaving Twilight more confident of the times ahead.

In the castle of Lord of Chaos, the General appeared in the throne room and told to his master who was sitting on his throne:

"Everything went as planned, master. I declared war on the followers of your brother."

"Perfect" he said. "And Ulysses?"

The General’s eyes shone again and then Adagio and Ulysses reappeared, with the latter slightly recovered, although he continued to feel the negative effects of the excessive use of the blacklight nature.

"Leave me alone with him" the Lord of Chaos ordered to the General and Adagio.

The General replied with a nod and teleported away. Adagio took a little longer, but she did the same.

"Ulysses, Ulysses, Ulysses..." Lord of Chaos said. "I have to say you really bit off more than you can chew. Not that it surprises me."

"I just..." he began. “I just wanted to prove my worth to you. I want to prove to you that I still can be useful.”

"You disobeyed a direct order of mine" the Lord of Chaos said. "I told you to stay in the hideout and you didn't. That, by itself, is a great lack of respect to me. However, I have to admit I was pretty impressed by the way you stood up against the regents. Especially how you improved your control over the blacklight nature. For that alone, you managed to win back part of my respect."

"Thank you, my Lord" Ulysses said. "I'm immensely grateful."

"Now get lost before I decide to rip your heart out again" the Lord of Chaos replied.

The griffon nodded and disappeared as well.

"Okay, you can come out now" the Lord of Chaos said.

And Petal Sprout appeared from the floor of the throne room.

"My Lord, thank you for bringing me back" he said.

"You deserved it" the Lord of Chaos replied. "You played your role flawlessly and that, as I had predicted, led Ulysses to reveal his true potential. Furthermore, bringing you back is not as complicated as it sounds and I still need your services."

"What's on your mind, my master?" Petal Sprout asked.

"Something that will give us some advantage over the upcoming war" the Lord of Chaos replied, laughing maliciously.

PreviousChapters Next