• Published 13th May 2016
  • 1,677 Views, 14 Comments

Star Knight and the Nine-Tailed Fox - Rakoon1



Star Knight will live his own adventure that is growing up with something evil inside of him whose power he will have to master if he wants to stop another plan of the Lord of Chaos to conquer the Pony Reality.

  • ...
28
 14
 1,677

PreviousChapters Next
Just Add a Little Wind

After having requested Shining Armor’s presence, who came along with Cadance, Golden Paladin gathered them together with Twilight and Blue, saying he had a serious issue to talk with them.

"So, Golden, what is so urgent to have summoned my brother and Cadance?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, a journey from the Crystal Empire over here isn't exactly short" Shining said.

"Take it easy, I'm sure Golden Paladin has a pretty good reason for having us gathered" Cadance said.

"Well, this is an issue that started when we went to the former nest of the Changelings with Heartbeat, where I had the idea of making Mirror Coat collect information, just in case of finding something interesting" Golden Paladin told.

"And you didn't tell me anything about that?" Twilight asked. "I should know that."

"I'm sorry, Princess” Golden Paladin replied. "But I didn't see the need to bother you if we hadn’t found anything."

"But you found something, wasn't it?" Blue said.

"Let's just say, after Mirror Coat finished processing all the information, we faced something that has something to do with you" Golden Paladin continued. "Especially with Princess Twilight and Prince Shining Armor."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" a voice asked.

And Mirror Coat appeared from one of the stained glass windows of the throne room.

"Do you always have to appear out of nowhere?" Shining asked him.

"Don't worry, Shining, this is something that you quickly get used to" Blue told him.

"The mere words sometimes are not enough" Mirror Coat said. "Sometimes, it's better to see for ourselves."

Creating the same mirror that he used with Golden Paladin, Mirror Coat showed what he had earlier shown to the General of Peace. It was the old nest of the Changelings and it didn’t take long until they showed up, along with their queen, but they were not alone. Chrysalis sat on her throne and the Changelings launched to her hooves who seemed to be...

"Grandpa!" Twilight and Shining exclaimed, with the former rising from her throne.

"These pictures show what happened to your grandfather when he was captured by the Changelings" Mirror Coat said. "Get ready, because what you're about to see will certainly be a shock to you."

They continued to watch, seeing how Chrysalis was preparing to feed from Star Shield’s love, only to be stopped by the Lord of Chaos. It was then that the shock appeared on everypony's face when they saw the master of all villains corrupting Star Shield and even more when he came out of the darkness the Lord of Chaos involved him. He was different, in fact, he wasn’t a pony anymore. He was… a ram.

"Grogar?!" everypony who was watching it for the first time exclaimed, while they saw one of the villains who was helping the Lord of Chaos capturing the Tailed Beasts appearing at the place where before was Star Shield.

At the Three Great Fairies Preparatory Academy, Star was having one of his classes of Study of Spells and Charms. However, surprisingly, Knotgrass wasn't alone, being accompanied by Merryweather.

"I bet you must be asking the reason for Professor Merryweather being here" Knotgrass said.

"Well, the truth is Knotgrass invited me to help her in this class, since today you will learn a new kind of magic" Merryweather said.

"What kind of magic?" Star asked, who enjoyed always to learn new types of magic.

"As you may remember from your Introduction to Practical Magic classes, you learn to manipulate and control your magical aura and, with it, you have come to learn various forms of magic handling" Knotgrass explained. "Now, we will learn elemental manipulation, that uses the elements of nature itself."

"In elemental manipulation, you not only learn how to manipulate the elements of nature around you, but you also learn to change the nature of your aura, making it take the properties of these elements" Merryweather continued.

The students began to talk between each other, looking excited with the opportunity to learn something like that.

"Very well, my dears, now calm down" Knotgrass said. "Before using this type of magic manipulation, you need to find out the nature of your own aura."

That left all students staring at each others, confused.

"There are six basic types of nature that the magical aura can adopt: fire, wind, water, light, earth and darkness” Knotgrass continued. "Most of every individual’s auras, including those who do not perform magic actively, follow under each of these elements."

"For example, the villains of the Lord of Chaos have mostly auras with a penchant for darkness, while some of the followers of the Lord of Order have a light nature" Merryweather clarified.

"We, fairies, use this kind of magic manipulation to change nature and keep it in balance" Knotgrass said. "For example ..."

Knotgrass gestured with the wand and the water in a flower pot on her desk stood up in the air, forming a tentacle that danced through the air. Merryweather then moved her wand and created a fireball that put close to the water tentacle. It soon evaporated and, after that, the blue fairy made the fireball disappear. The students looked amazed.

"Professors, it is possible for someone to have two natures?" one of the students asked.

"Of course, with practice and dedication, you can acquire other natures" Knotgrass said. "However, at this time, as your experience in aura transformation is little, none of you has no nature, so…"

With a gesture of her wand, Knotgrass made appear a lot of rectangular pieces of paper that she distributed to the students.

“We’ll find out using these pieces of paper” Knotgrass said, taking then one of the papers. “Like so…”

The students looked at their teacher for a while and it was then that the paper turned to dirt and then crumbled away, to the astonishment of everypony.

“If your nature is earth, then the paper will turn to dirt and crumble away” Knotgrass said.

“If your nature is water, then the paper will become wet” Merryweather, taking a paper and showing that.

“If it is light, the paper will winckle.”

“If it is wind, it splits.”

“If it is fire, it burns.”

“And if it is darkness, it gets dark.”

“These pieces of papers react to your own aura” Knotgrass said.

“They are made from the wood of the dying trees of the Enchanted Forest” Merryweather explained. “When your magic flows through the paper, it shows you the nature of your aura.”

“Well, what are you waiting for?” Knotgrass asked. “Give it a try.”

The students took their papers and started to flow their magic through them. Star also did and waited for the reaction of his papers. It was then that, on his hoof, the paper just split in two just like that. That meant the nature of his magic was wind. He looked aroud and saw that the others also had their natures revealed. However, he saw he was the only one with such nature.

"Looks like we got some very interesting natures" Knotgrass noted. "Especially here."

She approached Star and said:

"Prince Star Knight, looks like your nature is wind, one of the rarest natures."

"I see..." Star said, realizing now the reason for being the only one with that nature.

"Now comes the hard part" Knotgrass said. "You have to learn how to use and control properly your natures."

"But that can wait for the next class" Merryweather said. "Now, we will just concentrate on theory. Is there anything you would like to know about elemental manipulation?"

Star then raised his hoof, knowing that there was something that he didn't think was making sense.

"Yes, Prince Star Knight?" Knotgrass asked.

"I would like to know if Leaf Mane’s power fits the earth element" Star Knight said.

"The General of Nature’s power, although looks to fit the earth element, but it's actually more than that" Knotgrass explained. "She has a natural inclination for either earth and water and that allows her to mix these two natures and create a new one, in this case the wood nature."

"Another example is Queen Ingrid, who is able to mix water and wind to create ice" Merryweather continued. "This type of magic is totally different from normal freezing spells, which lower an animal body temperature or change the physical state of liquids and gases, or spells that use pre-existing ice."

"What about healing spells or illusion spells?" a unicorn beside Star asked. "What kind of nature they have? Light and darkness?"

"No, these types of spells are not part of the elemental manipulation" Knotgrass replied. "The nature of those spells has something to do with the physical and mental manipulation that is quite advanced magic that is not in the program of your year."

"Now, get your books and read the part that corresponds to elemental manipulation" Merryweather said. "We have some questionnaires for you to do in the second half of the class."

Despite some protests, the students took their respective books and began to read. While reading, however, Star couldn't help but thinking about how he could use this kind of magic. After hearing how Leaf Mane and Queen Ingrid used the elemental manipulation to make their powerful offensive spells, the young prince began wondering if he could do the same.

In the Light Castle, Twilight and Shining were still recovering from the shock of having discovered that their grandfather was now Grogar, one of the greatest and most loyal villains of the Lord of Chaos.

"This can’t be" Shining said. "This can only be a mistake. My grandfather was a Captain of the Royal Guard, a very respectable and honorable one. There's no way he can be one of the Lord of Chaos’ vile villains."

"I don't believe it" Twilight said. "It’s... It's too much."

"I'm sorry, Your Highnesses, but that's the truth" Mirror Coat said, making the mirror disappear. "I don't make mistakes when it comes to undisputed facts."

"Yeah, I don't think this is a good time to brag your skills, Mirror Coat" Blue said.

"I had my doubts" Golden Paladin revealed. "From what I heard, Captain Star Shield was a great stallion, so I asked for help to another specialist: Heartbeat. We went to the Room of souls and she called your grandfather’s soul. If he was dead, it wouldn't show up, since the room is just for the living souls. But, not only it appeared, but it was dark and that only means one thing."

"That the being it belongs to is a being that left itself being corrupt by the Lord of Chaos’ darkness" Cadance completed. "Oh no…"

There was a silence and then Shining said:

"No, it can't be... Not my grandfather…"

"Shining..." Twilight said, approaching her brother.

"I... I need some fresh air" Shining said, starting to head to the exit.

"I think he needs time to accept this information" Cadance said.

"It's understandable, he idolized Captain Star Shield" Blue said. "Everything he is it’s because he followed his hoofsteps as royal guard."

Twilight, although she felt the same sense of incredibility as Shining, she know that the pain was greater for him, who always strove to make their grandfather proud and to prove he was worthy to be his grandson.

"Princess Twilight, if you don't mind, I want to go to the Enchanted Forest" Golden Paladin said. "I promised to meet with Prince Star Knight."

"Of course, you can go" Twilight replied.

Golden Paladin made a bow and left the throne room.

"And I’ll go too" Mirror Coat said. "I've done what I had to do here."

And, having said this, he went to his library.

"Poor Shining" Blue said. "Maybe somepony should go and talk to him."

"I think it’s better to be you, Twilight" Cadance said. "You're his sister and you're the only one who could understand him in this situation."

"I think you're right, Cadance" Twilight said.

And, with this, Twilight headed for the exit. It didn't take her long to find him, looking thoughtfully to the Light Kingdom in the room that controlled the instruments of the towers in the middle of the bridge between them.

"So, are you calmer?" Twilight asked, putting herself at her brother’s side.

"A little" Blue replied. "Your kingdom, seen from here, is beautiful, Twily."

"Yes, I know" Twilight said. "This is one of my favorite places. You should see it how beautiful it is on Recovery Day."

There was a pause and then Twilight said:

"Shining, I know the truth about what happened to grandpa upset you a little bit, but you have to have the strength to face the situation."

"And how do you want me to do it, Twily?" Shining Armor asked. "How do I face our own grandfather?"

"In the same way Star do with Moonlight" Twilight said. "My son is trying to do everything he can to try to save her from the influence of the Lord of Chaos. Maybe we should do the same with him. We can make Grogar go back to being our grandfather Star Shield."

"Do you think we can still do it?" Shining said. "After all, it's been so long."

"Shining, if it was possible to reform Discord, then it is possible to reform our grandfather” Twilight answered.

That made Shining smile and then he said:

"You're right, Twily. And thank you for what you said. "

"Hey, you're my BBFFF" she said. "I could not do otherwise."

And the two brothers exchanged a hug.

Golden Paladin reached the training place, where Star was already there.

"You're late, Golden" he said.

"I'm sorry, young prince, but I had some business to take care of first" Golden Paladin said, finding better not to tell Star the truth about the his great-grandfather being Grogar.

"Well, I had an idea about increasing my power and I would like to know your opinion" Star said.

"And what's that?" Golden Paladin asked.

"At Study of Spells and Charms class, I learned about the elemental manipulation and would like to know if I could apply it to my Spiraling Sphere" Star said.

"I see, but that is something quite complicated" Golden Paladin said, thoughtfully. "Combine the change of form with the change of nature is something extremely difficult and time-consuming. Maybe we could try. Tell me, young prince, do you know what your nature is?"

"Yes, it's wind."

"A natural aptitude for that nature is rare. But I think that’s something I should expect."

"How so?" Star asked.

"Because the Nine-Tails’ Jinchuriki ends up having the same kind of affinity for wind" Golden Paladin replied. "Like Heartbeat. Don't forget that Tailed Beasts are masses of energy and they also have a nature. Nine-tails has the wind nature, beyond the fire one."

"And what's the One-Tail’s?" he asked, curious.

"Well, that question is a bit tricky to answer" Golden Paladin said. "Unless Professor Knotgrass explained about the mixture of natures."

Star nodded affirmatively and Golden Paladin continued:

"The One-Tail is able to use earth and wind and, with those natures, he can use the magnet nature."

"That's why he can control sand?" Star asked.

"Yes, and I don't know if you noticed, but Chief Strongpaw can still use this same combined nature for being the Jinchuriki of One-Tail for so long" Golden Paladin answered.

"And what's your nature, Golden?" Star asked.

"It’s light. With it, I can create my chains, in addition to other things. You, on the other hand, you have a nature that fits perfectly to combat."

"What do you mean?"

“Wind is a nature perfect for battle because it can rip and cut most of the things in its path” Golden Paladin explained.

"I see..." Star said. “That means, if I manage to combine it with my Spiraling Sphere, I will get a power able to stand against the villains of the Lord of Chaos.”

"Easy, one step at a time" Golden Paladin said. "First, you need to learn to use your own nature. As part of the program of your magic classes at the academy, maybe you'd better take advantage of them, instead consuming time with our training."

"Yes, I think it's a good idea" Star agreed.

In the next Study of Spells and Charms classes, Star and his colleagues trained their ability to use elemental manipulation, with some using the pre-existing elements and others invoking them. Star, in his turn, was trying to create and manipulate wind with its own magic to master his nature. This task was not as complicated as he thought.

After that, with Golden’s help, he start to practice a way to channel that energy in a more offensive way. For that, he started using sheets of paper, trying to rip them of using his wind power. For what Golden had explained, his element had a strong cutting power, being that reason he was doing what he was doing. However, this was not a task as easy as the previous one.

His friends had noticed the way Star was focused on his training between classes and flying derby practice and, realizing the seriousness that he was put on it, they knew the importance of it and gave him their support and encouragement.

In a training with Golden, Star was trying to move forward in his training, but he couldn't do major advances. After another failed attempt, Star approached Golden and asked:

“Golden, can I ask you something? There is anypony who can help me in this? Someone who can give me advice on how to best? I know Heartbeat has the same nature as me, but I doubt she can give any advice regarding training."

"Let me see" Golden Paladin said, adopting his pensive look. "The only pony that I know, beyond you and Heartbeat, who can use the wind nature in the way you're trying to learn is the pony that is able to accomplish any feat."

Star thought for a while and then realized who Golden Paladin was talking about.

At the next day, during the break, Golden Paladin went to that pony’s office and knocked on the door.

"Come in" his voice said.

Star entered, finding Purple Smoke behind his desk.

"Prince Star Knight, what a surprise" the General of Talent said. "What can I do for you?"

And, shorting as much as he could, Star Knight explained the reason of his coming to Purple Smoke’s office.

"I see…" he said. "Golden is trying to teach you how to use the elemental manipulation to improve your Spiraling Sphere."

"Yes, and, as you are the General of Talent, you must know how can I use my element" Star said.

"Well, you've come to the right place" Purple Smoke said. "And I know the right way to help you."

Using his magic, he made a blade to appear and then he made his magic to flow into the blade.

"This blade was design to absorb magic and gets strong with it" Purple Smoke said.

Then he made another blade appear and then he extended it to Star, who took it with its magic.

"Now, try to pass some of your magic to the blade" Purple Smoke said.

Star did so, but he noticed that the aura that his magic freed was different than Purple Smoke’s. The General of Talent’s was flowing steadily and agitated, while Star’s was flowing irregularly.

"It doesn't seem like yours" Star said.

“Try to imagine your aura splitting in two and grinning against each other, as if you were sharping a blade against the two halves of your aura” Purple Smoke advised. “Finely and sharply.”

“I see…” Star said. “But what’s the reason of sharping the blade with the wind aura if it is already sharp?”

“Well, maybe it is for the best if you see for yourself” Purple Smoke said.

He took him to an isolated area of the academy where there were trees.

"When I say three, we launch the blades loaded with wind aura at the same" Purple Smoke said.

"For what?" Star said.

"Just do it and you will see" Purple Smoke replied.

The two then prepared and then Purple Smoke exclaimed:

"Ready? Go!"

And the two launched the blades against the tree. Star’s hit the tree and just stopped, getting stuck in it. However, Purple Smoke’s pass through the tree completely and went against a bolder that was behind it, getting stuck there. Star was amazed with the difference of power that existed between his blade and Purple Smoke’s.

“Amazing…” the young prince said. “It not only passed through the tree, but it also penetrated that boulder behind it.

“And I held back my power just to be safe, otherwise it could pass through the boulder too” Purple Smoke said.

That affirmation let Star speechless.

“When two warriors wearing blades cross them, the sharpest one can determinate the winner” Purple Smoke. “Can you image what somepony knowing how to use wind nature could do using it on his or her blade? Or creating winds capable of cutting anything in their paths?”

“Yeah, Golden Paladin already explained that” Star said. “Thank you, Purple Smoke, you helped me a lot.”

And, having said this, he walked away with Purple Smoke watching him, smiling. It was amazing how foals grow up quickly and try to learn everything they can.

With Purple Smoke’s advice, Star began to be able to accomplish the task of ripping the sheets of paper with more expertise until finally being able to rip them in half. When he showed this to Golden Paladin in the training before a weekend, the General said:

"Pretty good, young prince. You're going in a good way."

"I'm anxious to know what will be the next step" Star said.

"Take it easy" Golden Paladin answered. "All in good time. The next step can only be done in an appropriate place. But don't worry. I know the perfect place in the Light Kingdom. But I warn you that, from now on, it can take a long time."

"But... But I have no time to waste" Star said to Goolden. "I need to be strong as quickly as possible. Not only because of Moonlight, but also because..."

"I know, I know, that's why I've been thinking of the best way to train you" Golden Paladin said. "Don't worry, you're going in a good way. But now, our practices cannot be here."

When the weekend came, Star returned to the Light Kingdom, eager to continue his training with Golden Paladin. Following his instructions, Star headed to the Golden Waterfall, a place in the forest where a part of the Light Kingdom river diverted and ended in a waterfall. The river, in its turn, due to the presence of glowing freshwater algae, displayed a golden color, hence the name of the place. Finding Golden Paladin there, Star asked:

"So, Golden, will you tell me what you think is the best kind of training for me?"

“Of course” Golden Paladin said. “The way I thought to help to reduce significantly reduce the amount of training time you’ll need is the use of the multiplication spell.”

“The multiplication spell?” Star asked. “How can it help me reduce my training time?”

“It is quite simple, actually” Golden Paladin answered. “As you know, the multiplication spell, when performed correctly, can really create a copy of yourself, not just illusions. It allows you to duplicate your real self many times over.”

“Yes, I already know that” Star said. “I’ve been working on that spell for years.”

“But this spell is very complex for regular ponies and the ones who can use it properly cannot create as much clones as you do” Golden continued. “However, this spell also has an unique effect on his user, something that you may have noticed by now. When the spell is released and you restored into your self again, each of your clones’ experiences goes to you, being stored in your memory.”

“I see, that really explains everything” Star said. “That means that, what my clones experiment, I experiment too and becomes part of me. So, if I train with my clones at the same time, I can reduce the train time as much times as the number of my clones.”

“Precisely” Golden Paladin. “I’m glad you’d been able to understand.”

“So that means that you already used this kind of training before, right?” Star asked.

“No, this will be the first time” Golden Paladin replied. “I never tried this method before.”

“But why? You can use the multiplication spell too, right?”

“Sure I can, but like I said before, it’s not everypony that can make as much clones as you can and I am one of them. The reason for this is that I can’t maintain it long enough to put it through an entire training. My magic simply is not strong enough like yours. And the spell that divides my energy into equal portions isn’t good for me as I don’t have enough energy to begin with.”

“Do I really have that much energy than you?” Star asked.

“You’re an alicorn and alicorns have much more energy than anypony else” Golden Paladin answered. “That’s the reason why alicorns can live indefinitely. We, Generals, have our energy from the Lord of Order through our star seeds, but even so it is not as strong as the alicorns’. And, if you were not suppressing Nine-Tails’ energy, you’d have much more.”

“Right, the Nine-Tails…” Star said, starting to get concern.

“Don’t worry about that” Golden Paladin said, sensing his fear. “I know that this train will require you to use a lot of energy and may represent a danger for the Nine-Tails to awake, but I will be here to make sure he is under control.”

Remembering what he did while under Nine-Tails’ influence, Star couldn’t be more relieved when Golden Paladin said that and said:

“I’m counting on you, Golden.”

He nodded and then said:

“Now let’s focus on the next phase of your training.”

“And what will the next step be?” Star asked.

“Well, the next step will be…” Golden Paladin started, turning then to the waterfall. “…to cut the Golden Waterfall.”

“What?” Star asked, thinking he might had listened wrong.

“Press your hooves to the water and cut the flow by slamming it with wind energy” Golden Paladin explained.

“But that is a waterfall!”

“That’s right, and that means, in order to be successful, you’ll need a lot of wind energy. If you are able to put it off, it is something you’ll always be able use in battle.”

“I see, then if I manage to do this, I will master the wind manipulation” Star said. “Let’s do this.”

Golden Paladin created a bridge around the waterfall to where Star climbed into. There, he created nine clones and then they all placed their hooves in the water of the waterfall. Remembering what he learned from Purple Smoke, Star and his clones began to apply the power of the wind, but the power wasn't enough, so they kept trying.

While Star and the clones were advancing with the training, Golden Paladin laid on a tree to rest. The hours went by, while Star continued to try to cut the waterfall. It was then that it started to rain, something that symbolised the approach of winter, but even so, Star didn’t stop training.

"Golden…" a voice called.

He turned and saw Twilight, who was using magic to hold an umbrella.

"Hello, Princess" Golden greeted, rising up.

"Don't you think it's time to stop the training?" Twilight asked. "It's raining a lot."

"Yes, but try telling him that" Golden Paladin said. "Don't worry, princess, the prince is quite hardy. I don't think a simple rain is able to stop him."

"I hope so, Golden" she replied. "I really hope so."

Star and his clones continued with the practice, ignoring the weather conditions. Fortunately, the rain didn't last long. The young prince began to get frustrated, while he failed again and again. That frustration was such that Star increased the number of clones, what made Golden to get even more alert, since it would only increase the chances of Nine-Tails to be released.

When night fell, Star decided to camp at the Golden Waterfall in order to save time. Golden decided to stay there with him.

"Don't you think it was better to go back to the castle, young prince?" he asked. "After all, having a good night sleep is very important for a training as intense as the one you are submitting yourself."

"I know that, but I don't care" Star said, lying down and staring at the sky. "I like camping. In this way, I place training and pleasure together."

"That’s up to you" Golden Paladin said. "I'll stay here with you. After all, you are under my responsibility during your training."

Star sighed and then said:

"This is taking a long time. I wonder if I will get there?"

"Don't worry, it's only a matter of time" Golden said. “You're a colt with a lot of potential."

"Hello everypony" a voice said.

They turned and saw Twilight approaching, bringing a basket with her magic. With her, were Sunny and Midnight.

"Star!" the twins exclaimed, going to their older brother.

"What are you doing here?" Star asked, while receiving a big hug from his sisters.

"We're here to bring you something to eat" Twilight said, while landing the basket and making a sandwich get out of there, delivering it to his son. "After all, since I can’t make you stop from training while it rains or after dark, at least I make sure that you train on a full stomach. In addition, your sisters wanted so much to see you."

"Mom said you're trying to get strong" Sunny said.

"Therefore, we want you to know that you can count on our support, big brother" Midnight continued.

That made Star to smile and then he said:

"Thank you, girls. That means a lot to me."

And he hugged his sisters, while Twilight watched with a tender smile. Golden Paladin also watched, delighted to see that Star was recovering the mood to continue the training.

When the day was barely born, Star returned to his training with his clones, with the body and the spirit renewed. And this continued throughout the rest of the weekend. When it came to the last day, the day he would have to return to the Enchanted Forest, Star was getting tired, as he'd accumulated fatigue by trying to use the elemental manipulation while keeping the multiplication spell.

But he wasn't going to give up. His determination was what was making him to continue with that intense training. Then, when his motivation was at its maximum, Star and his clones were able to finally create enough wind energy to cut the flow of the waterfall.

"I did it!" Star, who couldn't be happier, exclaimed.

Golden was truly impressed, as Star had managed to achieve that high level of elemental manipulation in such a short time. But the General knew that it wasn't just Prince Star Knight’s talent that had driven him to accomplish such a feat. It was also his wish of bringing Moonlight back.

Star and the clones released the waterfall flow and began celebrating their feet, while the clones disappeared.

"Very well!" Golden Paladin congratulated. "Now, we can get ready for the next step."

"Yes, of course…" Star said, panting.

The fatigue that he was feeling was such that the alicorn prince eventually fell on his knees. Moving to his edge, Golden asked:

"Prince Star Knight, are you okay?"

"Yes, I am..." he replied. “I’m just a little hungry."

Golden smiled and then helped Star returning to the castle.

While Star rested in his room, Golden went in, saying:

"Congratulations, young prince, now you're one step closer to completing your training."

"Yes, I can't wait to recover the energy to resume training" he said.

"I think for now it's probably best to postpone our trainings” Golden Paladin said.

"Why?" Star asked. “Golden, I'm almost there."

"I know, but the next step will be more complicated" Golden Paladin said. "It will be better to wait for the winter holidays to focus completely on it. Furthermore, Princess Twilight ordered that way."

Knowing that he couldn’t go against his mother’s orders and finding Golden’s reasoning was fair, Star, against his will, agreed to wait for the winter holidays.

Fortunately, they were quick to arrive. When the studentes were released from the Academy classes to go home and spend their well-deserved vacation, Star returned to the Light Kingdom, where he drove to the Great Light Canyon to restart his training.

"Very well, Golden, I'm ready to resume our training” Star said.

"Before that, I'd like to show you something curious, young prince" Golden said.

"And what is that?"

"You're going to see."

Golden extended his hull and focused. That was when magical energy began to be accumulated, while rotating. Star, watching that, recognized what Golden was doing. When he realized, Golden was doing the Spiraling Sphere.

"Amazing!" Star exclaimed. "You’re doing the Spiraling Sphere! And to top of it, you’re doing it with one hoof. How is that..."

"I spent a lot of time training you performing this spell" Golden Paladin said. "I have to admit that it wasn't as easy as it looked. But this wasn't what I wanted to show you. I didn't do the Spiraling Sphere to show me off. This was just a way to introduce what I want to show you."

"And what is it?" asked Star.

“As you know, the Spiraling Sphere is an exemple of a spell that changes the energy form, taking it to the extreme” Golden Paladin explained. “What we want, is something that combines this with the elemental manipulation. That is something that very few were able to achieve. Thanks to out trainings, you now know how to change the form of your energy and how to use elemental manipulation in an offensive way.”

“So that means I only have to combine them and I will get a new spell, right?” Star asked.

“It’s not that simple” Golden Paladin said, doing the Spiraling Sphere again. “I am not able to combine the Spiraling Sphere’s changing form with my elemental manipulation. Combine these two requires a lot of skill, to be more precise natural skills and intuition.”

Golden Paladin undid the Spiraling Sphere and continued:

“But I know that you, Prince Star Knight, have those skills. However, you have to understand that I can’t teach you anything to help you. You have to discover yourself. But I am certain, as your teacher and friend, that you’ll be able to do it.”

Star looked at his hoof that he used to contain the Spiraling Sphere. Just the thought that he could get this spell that he himself had developed to a new level made him feel an excitement that made the alicorn prince’s heart to jump immensely. But Golden said something like that was something that very few had been able to accomplish. However, this didn’t intimidate him. He would do it, no matter what, so it accessed to his magic, ready to perform the multiplication spell.

He created the maximum number of clones that he could do without that interfere with the task he had ahead of him. Then, the various Stars grouped in pairs.

“Okay, now each team of two will form the Spiraling Sphere and, at the same time, try to add your wind nature into it” Golden Paladin said to Star and his clones. “I know it’s easy for me to say, but there is really nothing more to tell you. This is something you have to master on your own.”

Star and his clones nodded their heads.

“Then you can begin” Golden Paladin said.

And so began. Star and his clones began to execute the Spiraling Sphere, while trying to add the wind element.

“Use my wind energy… to create a spell with changing form… and with my element…” the original Star said, while he concentrated the energy the clone he was paired with was releasing.

“But how do we do that… while keeping the Spiraling Sphere’s changing form” the clone asked him.

“That’s what I want to know” Star replied him.

The task was being quite strenuous for Star and his clones. Soon even some pairs started to give in to fatigue. But they didn't give up and continued to try. It was then that one of the pairs got something. When the one that was containing the energy tried to use the wind energy, he created a sphere of wind was so strong that overthrew all of the Stars, making the clones to disappear.

The original, after that, realized how close it was from the impossible. Just to keep the shape, he needed a lot of concentration to begin with. Add also the wind was like looking in different directions. But he wasn't going to give up until he got it, so he created more clones.

But no matter how hard he tried, he wasn't getting it and that began to irritate him deeply. Suddenly, Star found himself again in front of Nine-Tails’ cage and he told him:

"I see... You're trying to develop a new spell to try to get rid of me. But that won't work."

He laughed and then continued:

"You're not going to get it... at least not without my help. Come closer. Let me give you my power so you can perform this spell."

But Star just stood there looking at the cage that contained Nine-tails. Feeling his refusal, Nine-tails asked:

"What's the matter?"

The water that covered the ground started to bubble, starting to create an enormous amount of orange foam that began to adopt the form of Nine-Tails’ head that said:

"Why do you hesitate? You need my power, isn't that right? So let me give it to you."

“Forget it” Star said, firmly. “Don’t you ever come out, do you hear me?”

Nine-Tails seemed surprised by that answer and then asked:

“What are you afraid of? I’m just trying to help you.”

“You shut up!” Star exclaimed. “Do you think I need your power? I don’t want anything to do with you!

But the Nine-Tails just laughed, as if he was mocking Star, and continued:

“Who was the one who came beg to me for help at every step of the way? You understand by now, don’t you? Without me, you can’t do anything at all. Now, do it! Break the seal completely. If you do, I grant you all of my power and then you can get your revenge on your enemies for taking from you your deer Moonlight.”

Now that Star knew what Nine-Tails’ power could do, he wouldn’t be fooled by him again and said without any doubt:

“I don’t need your power. I can do this all by myself.”

“That’s what we’re going to see” Nine-Tails answered.

And he roared.

When Star found himself, he was being wrapped by the demon fox cloak. The generated force launched the clones, causing them to disappear. Watching that, Golden reacted immediately, invoking his chains involving Star until any vestige of the Nine-Tails’ energy disappeared. Star regained his senses and Golden went to him.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes…" Star replied, rising up.

"What happened there?" Golden Paladin asked. "That came out of nowhere."

"It was Nine-tails" Star replied. "He knows I'm trying to become independent of him and started saying that I couldn't do it without his help."

"He's just trying to manipulate you” Golden Paladin said. “You have to be more careful. It is better to reduce the number of clones. We can't give him more room for manoeuvre."

"No, I'm not going to let him intimidate me" Star said. "This will only give him more reasons to taunt me. Don't worry, Golden. I can do it."

Despite knowing that was madness, Golden nodded.

In the Light Castle, Twilight was sitting signing some documents with Spike at his side. While she signed, she shared his concerns with his number one assistant.

"I can't stop thinking about the effort Star is doing" she said. "I mean, he barely came from the Enchanted Forest for the holidays and he is already training intensively again."

"Yes, he is a stubborn, there is no doubt" Spike said, organizing the documents Twilight finished signing. "But you can't blame him, after everything that happened."

"I know you’re right, but you know that a mother is always concerned about her children" she replied.

The doors of the throne room opened and Blue came in, using the armor, and said while taking the helmet:

"It's everything quiet at the borders. The Light Guard and I did not find not even a spy of the Lord of Chaos. Of course, that just means he's busy planning something."

"At least, we can breathe with relief" Twilight said. "We have to enjoy these moments of peace that we have."

But as soon as she said it, Spike barfed and his magic fire made a letter to appear and it was taken by Twilight with her magic. She opened it and started reading it.

"It's a message from Shining" Twilight said. "It seems Rothbart and Medusa were seen wandering at the Crystal Mountains."

"What?!" Spike and Blue asked at the same time.

"He is in need of reinforcements to face them" said Twilight. "This is an opportunity to capture two villains at once."

"Then I will" Blue said. "Golden is training Star and this requires an immediate response. I'm going to quickly gather a handful of guards and then move towards the Crystal Empire with the Light Express."

Although she thought that was too risky, Twilight knew she couldn't dissuade Blue, so she said:

"Okay, but be careful, Blue."

"Don't worry, my love, I will" he replied.

After giving a kiss to his wife, Blue headed to the exit.

"Wow, he really knows how to make a dramatic exit" Spike commented.

PreviousChapters Next