• Published 13th May 2016
  • 1,666 Views, 14 Comments

Star Knight and the Nine-Tailed Fox - Rakoon1



Star Knight will live his own adventure that is growing up with something evil inside of him whose power he will have to master if he wants to stop another plan of the Lord of Chaos to conquer the Pony Reality.

  • ...
28
 14
 1,666

PreviousChapters Next
A Team of Two

After taking the rod from Son Goku, Star fell back, while the chains that involved him got away. With the mission, the clone that was inside Four-Tails disappeared. The General of Chaos couldn’t believe that Star would be able to take the rod. Before that, the General casted a summoning spell and the Demonic Statue came from the ground.

Star used the Spiraling Sphere to destroy the rod and then fell on Son Goku’s hand. That caused him to return to the place where Son Goku was, with him being released by the chains, except from the one that was piercing his body.

“You did it” Son Goku told to Star. “Nice work.”

After catching his breath, Star noticed the chain that was still on Son Goku and asked:

“Why is that chain still there?”

“I guess this one won’t get away” Son Gou replied.

“But why? I took out the rod, just like you told me.”

“What that rod does is to temporally bind my energy to the jinchuriki body. But my energy itself is owned by the General of Chaos through the Demonic Statue.”

“You already knew about that?!” Star asked. “Then I didn’t end saving you at all!”

Listening that, Son Goku, surprised, asked:

“You’re seriously saying that…?”

“Of course I am!” Star exclaimed.

Looking to the young jinchuriki’s eyes, Son Goku could see the veracity of his words. Then he said:

“I told you how you could stop me, but I didn’t tell you how you could actually save me.”

“You should have told me that right from the beginning” Star said. “Why can you tailed beast be more straight forward?”

He then took a deep breath and said:

“All right, what do I do?”

And then the chain started to pull Son Goku.

“Before I tell you, there’s something I want to pass on to you” he declared.

“What?”

“Hold on your hoof” Son Goku replied, extending his closed fist.

“You’re gonna give something?” Star asked.

“It’s something good” Son Goku replied. “It will come in handy one of these days. Now, hurry up.”

Star bumped his hoof on the tailed beast, fist. Doing that, he was able to sense what Son Goku meant and then he smiled.

The Demonic Statue threw chains from the mouth that envolved Son Goku and then pulled him to it. It then absorbed him into itself in the form of energy. With a grunt, Eight-Tails said:

“This statue absorbed Four-Tails! I guess he still belongs to him.”

After absorbing Son Goku, the only thing that was left behind was Black Granite who, due to the extraction, was left immobile. Star panted and then turned to the General of Chaos who was on top of the statue and the latter commented to him:

“You look like you’ll pass out after defeating just one tailed beast. You cannot defy me. I shall take the precious tailed beasts that you possess.”

And he charged the horn. An earthquake caught Blue and Shining and the latter asked:

“What’s going on?”

And they all saw all the other jinchuriki turning into tailed beasts. Star could see that his father and his uncle were in trouble and he needed to help them.

“This is bad wherever you look at” Kurama told him. “And you’re all worn out.”

“Yeah, well…” he replied, still with a smile and catching his breath. “Just watch me…”

“If you want me to lend you strength, I wouldn’t mind, Star Knight” Kurama told Star at the place where his cage was.

A pause and then Star said, looking at Kurama:

“You know something, you sure did talk to me a lot, lately. I’m glad you want to lend me power, but, before you do, there’s something I have to say to you.”

Turning completely to the fox, he said:

“Thanks for helping me with Tirek back then. All that extra power… That really helped.”

“Don’t thank me!” Kurama exclaimed. “It weirds me out! I only did what I did because I rather deal with you than with Tirek. Besides, thanks to this cage, I can only give you a tiny bit of energy. I’m merely interested in watching you a little longer. That’s right… Just to pass the time!"

“Hey, you don’t have to be so rude!” Star exclaimed. “After all, I just thanked you! Why have you to be mad all the time?! You’re so…”

But then he stopped, as he watched Kurama extending a fist to him and saying:

“Just hit my energy with yours.”

Star smiled and then asked:

“You want to make an energy tag war again?”

“Idiot…” Kurama replied. “We don’t have to do that now. But it’s not like I have anything else to do, so we could if you want.”

A silence was imposed as jinchuriki and tailed beast looked at each other’s eyes. Star then made a slight smile and bumped his hoof on Kurama’s fist. When he did that, Star was able to touch in Kurama’s emotions and, feeling what he was feeling, Star laughed and Kurama did the same.

Star opened his eyes to the reality.

“Let’s do this, Lord Hawthorn” he said.

“Right, we’ll fight as a team of two with me taking the lead, while you cover my back” Hawthorn said. “What do you think, Star?”

“Against five tailed beast, you can’t go confront them when you can’t undergo tailed beast transformation” Eight-Tails said to Star.

“Can I ask you one thing, Eight-Tails?” Star asked. “Something I want to ask you since I talked with Four-Tails.”

“What is it?”

“What’s your name? Your true name…”

That caught Eight-Tails by surprise and then he said:

“Well, I don’t use for some time… but my name is… Gyuki.”

“Gyuki…” Star said. “That’s a good name. Well, you don’t have to worry about me… Lord Hawthorn… Gyuki… There won’t be any leading or following. We’re going in together.”

“Star…” Hawthorn said.

“Since we both are in teams of two” Star declared.

“Hold on, Star!” Gyuki said. “Don’t tell me you and Nine-Tails…”

“I still have tons of reserved power to use” Star said.

Inside his mind, Star put a hoof on his stomach while closing his eyes, along with Kurama, while their tried to synchronize with each other and Star started to open the cage. While doing so, he thought about all he had passed because of Nine-Tails, about their antagonistic relationship… only to come to that moment, the one where they were finally getting along and having a trust bond being created between them.

“You’re no longer the demon fox” Star said to Kurama. “You’re now part of the Alliance, a comrade of ours.”

The locked was opened and Star exclaimed:

“Kurama… let’s do this!”

And the cage was opened, while Kurama nodded with his head.

With that, Star unleashed all the power he had sealed inside and all his body was covered by Kurama’s energy, who took a much brighter and flaming look, with three whisker-like markings on his face and slitted pupils

“Star, don’t tell me you…” Hawthorn started.

But he didn’t finish, as something was happened. All the tailed beasts started to execute their respective Tailed Beast Bomb against Shining and Blue.

“This is really bad…” Blue said. “They’re all using Tailed Beast Bomb!”

“I guess I will have to use my shield spell at full force” Shining said.

“No, Shining, it won’t be enough” Blue said. “I just have to nullify their attacks.”

“You won’t be able to do it” Shining said. “Not without your full power.”

“Star, looks bad over there!” Eight-Tails exclaimed. “Five Tailed Beast Bombs on the air pointed at them!”

“Yes, I know” Star said.

And the five tailed beast fired their attacks, but there was a blast that threw away all the Tailed Beast Bombs.

“What just happened?!” Shining asked, while he and Blue protected themselves.

It was then that Blue saw their savior, but he couldn’t believe it.

“Star…?” he said.

And it was him, but Blue couldn’t believe how intense his light was and the amount of energy that was covering him.

“I can believe it?!” Shining said. “It’s Star!”

The five attacks hit on five different and isolated locations, causing explosions.

“Amazing…” Blue said, seeing the destruction caused by the attacks.

“That’s the power of the tailed beasts?” Shining asked.

The General of Chaos couldn’t believe he had deflected them all. In that case, he used his magic and launched the tailed beast at them. Although the two unicorns were intimidated, Star wasn’t.

“Let’s go, Kurama!” he exclaimed.

And the energy around him expanded and took Kurama’s form, both in shape and size, involving also Blue and Shining. The energy that formed his body was golden in color with whiskers much thicker and black circular markings appeared on its shoulders, stomach, as well as the front and back of his paws. Black lines also run the length of his spine, arms, legs and tails. He then started to run and, with just one blow, Kurama took down the five tailed beasts. Star, on his turn, was inside the head.

“Was Star able to perform a tailed beast transformation?” Hawthorn asked.

“That Nine-Tails…” Gyuki said.

Blue and Shining, while inside Kurama’s energy body, were a little confuse about the situation.

“What just happened?” Shining asked.

Looking around, Blue noticed:

“We’re inside Nine-Tails’ energy.”

Star, knowing what he had to do, created a clone that was not covered by Kurama’s energy and the original said:

“First, we have to find out where everyone else’s rods are.”

“Just for you to know, we don’t have much time” Kurama said. “That’s because this is our first tailed beast transformation and the link isn’t perfect. We got about five minutes.”

But that didn’t took down Star’s smile who said:

“That’s plenty!”

And they jumped, while Star said:

“There are more of you, so I can’t be as gentle as I was with Son. Just bear with it, all right?”

Seven-Tails tried to rise up as high as possible to escape Kurama and Star, but they reached it and grabbed at it. At that moment, the clone, who had get into Sage Mode, was able to locate the rod. While they were falling, the clone located the rod on Three-Tails, who was belly-up.

Three-Tails noticed them falling, so he got up and roll into a ball. Kurama pinned Seven-Tails and raised his other fist to attack, but Six-Tails appeared from behind and hit it. That allowed Star’s clone to locate the rod. Three-Tails rolled back and then started to roll against Kurama and Star at full speed, but he was stopped inches away by Gyuki, who used one of his tentacles. Before that, Five-Tails started to run toward him again.

“I’m not gonna fall for that trick twice!” Gyuki exclaimed, giving Five-Tails a powerful punch at her before she could lend any blow.

At that moment, Star’s located her rod. Two-Tails, in response, gave a powerful jump and tried to attack Kurama and Star from up.

“Take this!” Star exclaimed, while he and Kurama threw Six-Tails against Two-Tails who then fell on the ground at some distance.

Star’s clone, thanks to that, was able to locate the last rod on Two-Tails.

“Okay, I found every last one” he said.

“This fight is really intense!” Blue commented.

“Yeah, I agree” Shining said.

The General of Chaos wasn’t expecting that Star and Nine-Tails would end up cooperating with each other, but that didn’t meant he had lost. He knew he would have to attack him with the intent to kill if he wanted to beat Star.

And then Three-Tails started to roll again to get loose from Gyuki and Hawthorn, what he was able to do, going up and landing beside Two-Tails and Six-Tails, who had got up, being joined then by Five-Tails and Six-Tails. Together, the five tailed beasts created a combined Tailed Beast Bomb, what caused it to become supercharged, just like when Star and Kurama fight against each other.

“Is it just me, or that thing shouldn’t be that big?” Blue asked.

“They’re pooling their power into a single point?” Shining noticed.

“Star, what do we do now?” Blue asked.

The young alicorn didn’t reply with words, opting to extend his front hooves while Kurama opened his mouth. Together, they started to do also a supercharged Tailed Beast Bomb.

“An equal force to cancel theirs out” Gyuki realized. “But he never succeeded on that…”

“He did a few times by accident in training, but I know is going to do it this time” Hawthorn said.

And the five tailed beast fired their attack, while Star and Kurama fired theirs while exclaiming:

“Tailed Beast Bomb!”

The two attacks collided with each other, creating a great shock wave that also affected the General of Chaos who tried to protect himself. Hawthorn and Gyuki were able to protect themselves with the tentacles. The attacks competed with each other for a moment, but then they went both above and exploded, ravaging everything around.

“He aimed it low, so it would bounce them upwards” Gyuki understood, while protecting himself from the force of the explosion. “That’s good, but still… it’s big!”

“Nine-Tails really is super-strong” Hawthorn observed.

When the explosion ended, Kurama launched five of his tails that became energy arms and grabbed the five other tailed beasts by their necks.

“I grabbed all their rods!” Star’s clone exclaimed, while little energy arms came from the big ones to grab the rods.

“Let’s do this, Kurama” the original Star said. “Pull them all at once! We’re going to free them all. We’re going to take those rods and save everyone!”

It was then that, when Star found himself, he was at another space, the same one jinchuriki and tailed beast talk with each other, having returned to his normal form. He was with Kurama who was staying behind him, but they weren’t alone. All the five tailed beasts they were fighting with were also there, with their respective jinchuriki over them.

“We’ve been waiting” Echo Wing said.

Noticing where he was, Star commented:

“The same happened with Son.”

“Not quite” Gigi said. “But you did make it to this plain this time around, just like Four-Tails predicted.”

“This isn’t where Four-Tails was” Kurama told him. “Now that we’re fully linked, you’re able to enter dipper than before into the tailed beast psychic plain. See, there are jinchuriki hear too. Plus, Four-Tails was bounded by energy chains, remember?”

“Well, I guess I understand” Star said. “But why is that possible?”

“That jerk that calls himself General cannot reach this far” Kurama told him.

“I have to say: on behalf of all jinchuriki and tailed beasts, welcome” Echo Wing said. “I have to say, I wanted for so long to meet with you, Star Knight.”

“Wait, you’re a thestral” Star noticed. “Does that means you…”

“Yes, I’m Thunder Night’s brother” Echo Wing replied. “And I know you’re the one who my niece is in love with.”

“I’m her coltfriend” Star replied. “But she’s no longer the one who defeated you and took you to the Lord of Chaos.”

“Yes, I know” Echo Wing replied. “I got to know a lot of things since I came back. I’m glad you were able to save her. For my brother, I have to thank you.”

“I didn’t do it only because of him or aunt Fluttershy, but also for me” Star said. “I love her and I would do anything for her.”

Echo Wing smiled and then said:

“I’m glad to hear that. And I have to say Four-Tails was right. You really are true with your words.”

“So Son was really here as well?” Star asked.

“Yes, that’s right” Echo Wing replied.

“Which means the one that was his jinchuriki was here too?” Star asked.

“That’s right” Silver Mist replied. “His name was Black Granite.”

Moments ago…

At that place, Son Goku, who had Black Granite over his head, said to the rest of tailed beasts and jinchuriki.

“Make sure you tell him” Son Goku said. “Oh, and I was also able to give him just a tiny bit of my energy. Do you all still remember what father told us before he left us to live in this reality? Well, I think this kid is it. That’s what it feels to me. I wager he’ll probably come here to save all of you too. If he does, look after him, understand? I’m being pulled back into the statue, so goodbye for now.”

After a moment, Black Granite said:

“Four-Tails, perhaps, just maybe… Do you think that… you and I could have traveled a different path too?”

Son Goku didn’t replied immediately, thinking about how to answer. But then he smiled and replied:

“Ah, this from you who’s even more stubborn than King Hard Stone? Have you gone soft after death? Well, maybe if you tried to remember my name right after you became my jinchuriki…”

The two of them started to glow as the Demonic Started to pull Son Goku.

“No, I haven’t gone that soft to start calling you by your name” Black Granite replied, as they started to fade away. “Not even after being your jinchuriki for forty years. But then again, I haven’t forgotten it either.”

“All right, then, say my full name now” Son Goku asked him.

That caused Black Granite to slightly laugh and then reply:

“Is Son good enough?”

And they disappear.

In the present…

“We assemble here because the Four-Tails summoned us and hung around after promising to tell and give you something” Bubble Sweet said.

“Wow, he really did all that?” Star asked. “Well, I’m very glad you’re all gathered together and getting along.”

“Yes, but that only happened after Four-Tails and Black Granite left here” Vapour Fist informed. “Prince Star Knight, it’s only thanks to you.”

“Star Knight, step forward” Two-Tails asked. “Extend your hoof. We’ll fulfill our promise to Four-Tails, or rather Son Goku. My name is Matatabi.”

“I’m Gigi” her jinchuriki said.

“My name is Isobu” Three-Tails said.

“Like you already know, I’m Echo Wing” the thestral said.

“I’m Kokuo” Five-Tails said.

“I’m Vapour Fist.”

“Me, I be called Saiken” Six-Tails said, sounding like a colt with a squeaky voice.

“You already know me from the academy. I’m Bubble Sweet.”

“I’m the Lucky Seven Chomei” Seven-Tails said, with a profound male voice. “But you can call me just Chomei.”

“The name is Silver Mist.”

Close to Star, the tailed beast put their paws over one another and then Star advanced and touched with his hoof on Isobu’s which was the one beneath all the others.

Seeing that, Kurama remembered the words the Lord of Order told to him and all the others …

A very long time ago…

At that very plain, the nine tailed beast were together, forming a circle. They all looked very young, smaller and some different from how they looked before. Shukaku was like he was in the presence, but with shorter ears and more spaced out markings; Matatabi was a flaming kitten; Isobu was essentially much the same in appearance, albeit smaller in size with shorter spikes around its body; Son was much smaller and leaner with smaller fangs; Kokuo was much smaller than she was now and its horns were also shorter; Saiken was only different in size; Chomei was just in its larval stage of development, but still had its tails; Gyuki was smaller and its horns were much shorter, and Kurama was only smaller. At the center of their center was the Lord of Order who told them

“It comes a time a parent must let their child walk on their own and find their way. And I believe it arrived my time to do that with you all. Shukaku, Matatabi, Isobu, Son Goku, Kokuo, Saiken, Chomei, Gyuki and Kurama… Even if you are far apart, we’ll always be together. Eventually, the day will come you’ll be reunited again, each of you with an unique name and a different form than before and, unlike when you were one, you’ll be guided in the right path. Even if, in the meantime, you get deviated by your current path, I know you’ll get to the same destination. I hope you learn what true strength is, before that time comes.”

Kurama, who loved the Lord of Order very much, had tears on his eyes, listening the Lord of Order telling those things.

In the present…

At that moment, seeing Star receiving the gift of his brethren tailed beast, Kurama know understood what the Lord of Order wanted to say. Now he understood why he left everything happened in the way they happened. He knew now the love he felt for the tailed beast was really true. It took a long time, but everything he had said had come into reality.

At the outside plain, Star and Kurama prepared to remove the rods.

“Don’t you all agree that Star Knight is like father?!” Kurama asked to all of his fellow tailed beast.

And they all said in order, while the rods were removed:

“Yes.”

“Eeyup.”

“Indeed.”

“Yeah!”

“Definitely.”

The rods fell, while Star get out of his tailed beast form and returned to his normal state, landing alongside Shining and Blue.

“Nicely done, Star!” Gyuki exclaimed.

“I never thought you’d be able to completely control the Nine-Tails” the General of Chaos said. “However, it appears you still cannot maintain it for long. So same old, same old…”

And the Demonic Statue unleashed the chains that hit all the five defeated tailed beast and then pulled them one by one to its interior.

“It’s not same old, same old” Star replied, passing his hoof by his stomach, with a smile. “Not anymore because I just learn a lot of names in just one shot.”

PreviousChapters Next