• Published 13th May 2016
  • 1,683 Views, 14 Comments

Star Knight and the Nine-Tailed Fox - Rakoon1



Star Knight will live his own adventure that is growing up with something evil inside of him whose power he will have to master if he wants to stop another plan of the Lord of Chaos to conquer the Pony Reality.

  • ...
28
 14
 1,683

PreviousChapters Next
The Truth Comes to the Surface

After the incident with Star, Heartbeat dealt with to bring the young prince to the infirmary and Bramble also. The deer prince, although a bit shocked, was perfectly fine, so he was sent to his room.

It didn’t last until Twilight and Blue to arrive, using Mirror Coat’s special teleportation spell, accompanied by him and Golden Paladin.

"Star..." Twilight said, going to bed where Star was, turning to the nurse. "How is he?"

"Don't worry, Your Highness" the nurse replied. "He's just tired."

"Good" Twilight said, turning again to his unconscious son, passing her hoof through his mane.

"I'll leave you alone" the nurse said.

Blue turned to Melody, Purple Smoke and Heartbeat, who were also there, and asked them:

"What happened?"

"Don't look at us" Purple Smoke said, referring to himself and Melody.

"Heartbeat was responsible for watching the prince" Melody added.

All eyes (except for Twilight’s which continued facing Star) fell on Heartbeat. She tried to ignore them and seemed to be able to do it, but then Golden Paladin asked:

"Heartbeat, tells us what happened."

Golden Paladin, in addition to the Lord of Order, was the only one able to control Heartbeat minimally. She, feeling pressured by him, said:

"It's not my fault that the bakery of Leafgreen makes the best bread of all."

When they heard that, the Generals rolled their eyes.

"Seriously?" Purple Smoke asked. "You got distracted because of bread?"

"Hey, that was the best bread I've ever tasted" Heartbeat replied. "And know that it's even better than yours."

That left Purple Smoke obviously offended and he said:

"Take that back!"

"Seriously?" Mirror Coat asked. "In a situation like this, the two are fighting over bread?"

"Tell me about it" Melody said. "Watching Purple Smoke arguing with somepony else other than me makes me feel disconcerted."

Blue Sword approached Twilight, and, putting his hoof over her shoulder, asked:

"How are you, Twily?"

"How do you think I am, Blue?" Twilight asked him back. "Our son is in a hospital bed because of that damn fox."

There was a pause and then Twilight said:

"We knew this would happen. Sooner or later, the seal would weaken and the power of Nine-Tails would arise. Blue, I think it's time to tell him the truth."

"Are you sure?" Blue asked. "If it's because of what happened, Twilight, maybe he won't remember."

"I wouldn't be so sure, Prince Blue Sword" Golden Paladin said, approaching. "Even under the influence of a Tailed Beast, a Jinchuriki can remain conscious. At least to some extent. For what Heartbeat told, only a fraction of the power of Nine-Tails dominated the young prince. He probably can remember what happened."

"And he will certainly ask us about what happened" Twilight concluded. "This only confirms what we have to do. Blue, I don't want my desire to protect him to make him suffer more than he already suffered. It's time to do what's right for him."

Blue smiled at Twilight.

"That's why I admire you so much, Twily."

She gave him a smile and the two exchanged a brief kiss. After that, Star started to wake up, which aroused the attention of all to him. Star opened his eyes and noticed the presence of everypony.

"Dad? Mom? What are you doing here?"

"Hello, my dear" Twilight said, embracing strongly his son.

"Mom, stop, I can't breathe" he said.

Twilight then dumped him and asked:

"Are you okay?"

"I think so..." he replied, while he sat.

"You gave us a big scare, buddy" Blue said.

"What happened?" Star asked, still a little confused.

His parents traded some looks with each other because they knew they had to know if Star really remembered what had happened before telling the truth.

"What do you remember, Star?" Twilight asked.

"I don't know, it's all very confusing" Star said, starting to recall fragments of what happened that began to form little by little a memory. "I think... I just beat a chimera. But that's not possible... is it?"

Suddenly a headache shook Star and he was invaded by memories when he was possessed by the power of Nine-Tails.

"But what happened to me?" he asked. "Mom, Dad, what was that?!"

"Relax, Star, my dear" Twilight reassured. "Everything has an explanation… Although the truth can be quite shocking."

"What truth?" Star asked, getting more and more nervous.

Twilight and Blue exchanged a look. That was the moment to reveal the terrible truth that they have been hiding for about nine years.

The two revealed to Star what had happened when they heard about the plan of Lord of Chaos to get the Tailed Beasts, saying that, by order of the Lord of Order, the Nine-Tails was sealed inside of him. Hearing this, Star was hugely shocked. Get that truth was like bumping into something truly hard.

"You mean..." he started, still trying to find the right words to say. "Do you want to say that I have a monster inside of me?"

He looked at his parents and said:

"A monster that you have placed in me."

"Well, technically, it was Golden Paladin who..." Heartbeat started.

But a rough look from her siblings made her say:

"Ok, I won’t say anything else."

"Son, please..." Twilight started, approaching her hoof to him, but he pulled away, what made the princess withdraw her hoof.

"That's why everypony in the Light Kingdom look at me like that" Star said, recalling what made him hate his home kingdom.

"We had no choice" Blue said. "The Lord of Order said it had to be this way."

"You've to be kidding" Star said, rising up. "I mean, you put a monster inside of me and, because of that, I am hated by the whole kingdom!"

"Star..." Twilight started, with tears beginning to appear in her eyes.

"Besides you hided this from me all my life!" he continued. "And you say you only made it because the Lord of Order told you to do so?!"

"You don't understand…" Blue said.

"No, you are the ones who don't understand!" Star exclaimed. "You don't know what I felt with those cold glances full of contempt following me everywhere."

There was a pause and then Star Knight said, slightly calmer:

"I want to be alone."

And, having said that, he left the infirmary. Twilight wanted to go after him, but Blue put his hoof on her shoulder, preventing her from moving forward.

"Maybe it’s better we leave him alone for a while."

"Blue, our son is hatting us right now" Twilight said, in an exasperated tone. "We have to do something."

"The only thing that we will do is making him even angrier with us" Blue said. "We're going to let him calm down. I think the best we can do is return to the Light Kingdom."

"I think Prince Blue Sword is right, princess" Golden Paladin said.

"But..." Twilight started.

"Don't worry, princess, we take care of everything" Golden Paladin said.

Twilight didn't respond right away because she didn't like the idea of having his son upset with her. But she knew that Blue and Golden were right. She nodded, agreeing. Golden waved to Mirror Coat and he created a portal that Twilight passed through. Before Blue could cross, he turned to Golden, saying:

"I'm counting on you, Golden."

"Don't worry, Blue Sword" Golden Paladin said. "Everything will be fine."

More relieved with the General of Peace’s words, the General of Balance followed his wife. After that, Mirror Coat crossed the portal and it disappeared. Golden Paladin turned to Melody and Purple Smoke and told them:

"You can get back to your business here. After all, tomorrow the school year will begin. And you can tell to the headmistresses that this matter is now resolved."

They waved and headed to the exit of the infirmary. Heartbeat intended to follow them, but Golden Paladin said:

"Not you, Heartbeat. I have something to talk with you."

That made the General of Affection to swallow. A lecture from Golden was something she doesn't appreciate. After Melody and Purple Smoke got out, Golden Paladin said:

"Now us..."

"Before you say anything, Goldy, let me tell you that I admit that what happened with Star was my fault" Heartbeat hastened to say. "I should have watched him and, because of my distraction, the power of Nine-Tails got loose. Probably you will give me a lecture and I don't blame you..."

"Why would I do that when you just did the job for me?" Golden Paladin asked.

That answer left Heartbeat confused and she asked:

"You won’t lecture me?"

"I know you're pretty sorry, besides that this was something that was inevitable" Golden Paladin said.

"Oh..." Heartbeat said. " So, why do you want to talk to me?"

"I just want you to talk to Prince Star” Golden Paladin replied. "After all, you were the Jinchuriki of Nine-Tails before him and you know better how he feels than any of us. In addition that your empathic abilities are another reason for you to be the best choice to calm him down."

"That's all?" Heartbeat asked. "Of course I’ll do that. Actually, I was thinking to do it."

"Perfect. Then do it, because I have something else to do."

"What?"

But a look from Golden Paladin made Heartbeat realize that it wasn't anything to do with her.

"I get it" she said. "I'm going to take care of my mission."

And she went out with her speed.

In Bramble and Star’s room, the deer prince was sitting on his bed, thinking about what had happened. He never thought that Star could have something like that in him.

"Still thinking about what happened?" a voice asked.

Bramble startled and turned to the entrance of the room, facing Golden Paladin.

"You..." he began, standing up. "You are the General of Peace."

"I'm glad to hear that you still remember me, Prince Bramble" Golden Paladin said.

"What are you doing here?" Bramble asked. "Star isn't here yet."

"I know that" Golden Paladin replied. "You're the one I want to talk to."

"About what?"

"You don't have to be afraid. I'm not going to hurt you. I just come to ask you something."

"What?" asked Bramble.

"I know that you realize that the power that Prince Star Knight used to save you from that chimera has its origin in a Tailed Beast" Golden Paladin said. "After all, your kingdom has its own Jinchuriki who is also the king’s brother and your uncle. Probably, you know how the power of a Tailed Beast manifests and you managed to associate everything."

"So it's true" Bramble said. "Star is a Jinchuriki."

"The Jinchuriki of Nine-Tails to be more precise" Golden Paladin added.

"And you want me to keep this information secret, don't you?"

"I don't think I need to ask this, since you know the discrimination that Jinchuriki suffer and I know you don't want Prince Star Knight to suffer more than he already suffered. No, what I wanted to ask you is something else. I want you to not tell Prince Star Knight that you have an uncle who is a Jinchuriki."

"Why?" Bramble asked.

"Simple" Golden Paladin answered. "We are at a time when it is dangerous to join two or more Jinchuriki at the same place. You don't have to ask why, you just have to trust my words."

There was a pause and then Bramble said:

"I understand."

"Great" Golden Paladin said. "I can see that I can count on you."

And, having said that, Golden Paladin left the room. Then he said to himself:

"I hope he does my request. We can't give the Lord of Chaos opportunities to capture the maximum Jinchuriki possible. Now, I just hope Heartbeat can calm our young prince down."

Star Knight had flown to the top of one of the towers of the academy to observe the sunset. He was still in shock with the discovery of having the Nine-Tailed Fox inside of him. Taking the hoof to his belly, he couldn't help but wonder in that hideous monster inside. Now he understood the reason for the light ponies to hate him. It wasn't him, it was the creature that inhabited his inner self. The hatred felt towards the Nine-Tails was just being projected to him.

But the worst part wasn’t the discovery of what was inside of him, but the fact that his parents have hidden that fact throughout his all life, knowing clearly what he had been through. How could they hide something like that?

"You look like you could use some company" a familiar voice said.

Star recognized the voice as belonging to Heartbeat, who appeared at the top of the tower.

"Go away, Heartbeat" he said, without looking at her. "I don't want to see anypony right now."

"Yes, but I disagree" Heartbeat replied, sitting next to Star. "I think you need somepony to talk to, especially with somepony who can understand what you're feeling."

The young Prince dropped a laugh and said:

"I doubt you can understand what I'm feeling."

"Well, not completely, but I know what it's like to have a monster inside" Heartbeat replied. "After all, what is inside of you had already been inside of me."

Upon hearing that, Star turned to Heartbeat, not wanting to believe.

"Are you serious?" he asked.

"I couldn’t be more serious” Heartbeat answered. "For a long time, nine creatures with different number of tails were in this reality. These creatures were called Tailed Beasts and they were feared by everypony. But many wanted their power and managed to capture them and seal them in other beings called Jinchuriki."

"Like me?" Star asked.

"Yes, like you" Heartbeat confirmed. "In you, is Nine-tails, considered to be the strongest of the Tailed Beasts. He was the only one to not be caught for the same purpose as his brethren. He was defeated and captured by Goldy and Leaf Mane and I voluntarily became his Jinchuriki."

"Why did you do something like that?"

"Because I was the only one with the capacity to contain him. But, in the end, I couldn't control his power. We had to put him in Tartarus after having sealed most of his power."

"Until my parents decided to put him inside of me" Star said, sadly.

"Don't say that, Star" Heartbeat said. "Your parents didn't want you to became a Jinchuriki. The Lord of Order ordered that."

"They should have refused to comply with that order" Star said.

"And do you think they didn't want to?" Heartbeat asked, making Star staring at her, surprised. "Believe me, they almost revolted against the Lord of Order, but the Nine-Tails could not continue at loose and he can only be contained by Generals of Order and alicorns and, among these, only those that are compatible can become Jinchuriki. Only you and I have that compatibility and, having regard to my failure in the past, you've been chosen to be Jinchuriki."

"So my parents didn't have a choice?" Star asked.

Heartbeat shook his head and said:

"You know, I've never seen them as distressed as the day we seal Nine-Tails inside you. Although they knew we would only seal that big stinky fox with half of his power and that we would use Goldy’s strongest sealing magic, the knowledge of what you would deal with was as a torment for them."

Hearing Heartbeat’s words made Star to realize how unfair he was to their parents. The General of Affection, realizing this, told him, putting her hoof on his shoulder:

"Your parents love you regardless of what you think of them."

"But I was so..." Star started.

"Yes, I know" Heartbeat said. "But I know that you forgiving them is enough for them. And I can see that you forgive them."

A smile appeared on Star’s face and he said:

"Thanks, Heartbeat."

She nodded in response and then left, leaving Star alone. Shortly after, he returned to his room, where he found Bramble.

"Hello, Bramble..." Star greeted.

"Hello, Star" he replied.

"Look, about what happened..." the alicorn prince started.

"You don't have to say anything" Bramble replied to Star, approaching. "I’m the one who have to say something. After all, you saved me. So... thanks."

Star smiled and said:

"You're welcome. We're friends. It's not true?"

"Yes" Bramble replied.

And the two bumped their hooves, while starting to laugh.

At the entrance of the academy, Golden Paladin awaited. Suddenly, Heartbeat appeared and the General of Peace asked her:

"So?"

"Everything is solved" Heartbeat said. "Star has forgiven his parents. In fact, he was very sorry for the way he treated them."

"That is the least" Golden Paladin said. "It's nothing that a next meeting between them does not work. What is important is that Princess Twilight can now have some peace of mind. I also took care of what I had to do. Now, I will return to the Light Kingdom to inform the prince and the princess about what happened and then I’ll return."

"Why?" Heartbeat asked. "What else can you do here?"

"Something that we need to start as soon as possible now that Prince Star Knight knows his condition as Jinchūriki" Golden Paladin replied. "It's time to start the train so he can control the power of Nine-Tails."

At the Desolate Zone, the Lord of Chaos had gathered his villains. He asked Chrysalis:

"What do you have for me, Chrysalis?"

"I got to know through my spies at the Enchanted Forest that Prince Star Knight just discovered the power of Nine-Tails" she replied.

"Interesting" the Lord of Chaos said. "That means he must now know his condition as Jinchuriki."

"But this should not be a little disturbing, my lord?" Adagio asked. "I mean, that means they can start training him to control the power of Nine-Tails."

"Adagio has a point" Rothbart said. "Even with half of his power, Nine-Tails remains quite powerful. If Prince Star Knight is able to control his power..."

"Are you doubting the power of our master?" Medusa asked, in a mocking tone, to Adagio and Rothbart. "Do you really think a nine-tailed beast can be more powerful than the Lord of Chaos?"

That defiance of the gorgon nagged Rothbart and Adagio, especially the latter, who struggled to not respond. Fortunately, the Lord of Chaos said:

"You must not criticize them, Medusa. They have a point. Nine-Tails is a formidable foe. If not for his power, then for his cleverness. But I doubt Star Knight is able to completely control his power, and that is our biggest advantage. That is why we should focus first on the other Jinchuriki and acquire their Tailed Beasts before he becomes too powerful and a great headache. Oogie Boogie, did you find more Jinchuriki?"

"My Lord, it is with great pride that I say I could find two Jinchuriki" Oogie Boogie said.

"Only two?" Chrysalis asked. "It seems that the Lord of Chaos overestimates your skills, Oogie Boogie."

"You wouldn't say that, if you knew the complexity that is to use the Dream World for a search like this" Oogie Boogie answered her. "Not to mention that it is quite difficult to find the mind of a Tailed Beast in the dreams of their respective Jinchuriki, and I still have to consider Princess Luna. With her watching the dreams constantly, I don't have the same freedom to invade them."

"It's okay" the Lord of Chaos said. "We still have plenty of time. Furthermore, knowing the identity of these Jinchuriki is good for now. Good job, Oogie Boogie. "

"Thank you, my Lord" Oogie Boogie thanked, making him a slight bow.

"The rest of you get on with what you're doing" the Lord of Chaos said to the other villains. "We must continue to get power so that no Jinchuriki, General or alicorns can put obstacles to my great plan."

PreviousChapters Next