• Published 13th May 2016
  • 1,677 Views, 14 Comments

Star Knight and the Nine-Tailed Fox - Rakoon1



Star Knight will live his own adventure that is growing up with something evil inside of him whose power he will have to master if he wants to stop another plan of the Lord of Chaos to conquer the Pony Reality.

  • ...
28
 14
 1,677

PreviousChapters Next
How to Make a Jinchuriki

In the Light Kingdom, Twilight and Blue were walking through the corridor, when Golden Paladin appeared in front of them, saying:

"I'm sorry to disturb your good mood, Your Highnesses, but we have a situation."

Twilight sighed again and asked:

"What is it this time? Another villain alert?"

But Golden Paladin didn't reply, merely watching them seriously. Blue realized what that look meant and asked:

"It's pretty bad, isn't it?"

"The Lord of Order awaits in the throne room" Golden Paladin said. "You better not leave him waiting."

And he started moving and Blue and Twilight followed him. Along the way, Twilight asked her husband:

"What is so serious that the Lord of Order is involved?"

"Apparently, the Lord of Chaos is planning something new" Blue replied. "However, the Lord of Order does not know what it is and sent the Generals to stay attentive to anything. I just didn't tell you because he ordered us absolute secrecy. But, if he wants to talk to us, it is because the Lord of Order discovered what his brother is up to. It's not so Golden?"

"Let's just say you're not far from the truth" he replied. "Don't worry. You’ll just know everything when we get to the throne room."

They then continued to walk until they arrived to the throne room. Upon entering it, they saw the Lord of Order accompanied by the other Generals.

"I’m glad you're here" the Lord of Order said. "We have a lot to talk about and steps to take."

"The way you talk, your lordship, it seems that this is serious" Twilight commented.

"More serious than we can imagine" the Lord of Order said. "I found out what my brother is up to and his plan is far worse than everything he ever done."

"Come on, what could be worse than trying to fill the original star seed with darkness?" Heartbeat asked.

"He wants to bring Ten-Tails back" the Lord of Order replied.

When they heard that, everypony were shocked, except Twilight and Blue.

"But is he crazy?!" Heartbeat asked and, realizing what she just said, she added. "Crazier?!"

"I have to agree with Heartbeat" Mirror Coat said. "The last time it walked out, the Enchanted Forest was nearly destroyed. Only a mind completely devoid of common sense would do something like that."

"That's not the point" the Lord of Order said. "The point is that I think he found a way to control it."

"If this actually happens, if the Lord of chaos gets the control over Ten-Tails, then it will be the end of everything" Golden Paladin said.

"I'm sorry" Twilight said. "I think I speak for myself and Blue when I ask: what is the Ten-tails?"

"The Ten-tails was the major headache of this reality before the Lord of Chaos" Purple Smoke said.

"It was created by a mass of wild energy in the Enchanted Forest" Leaf Mane explained. "Because of this, Ten-Tails had no conscience, only a destructive instinct. It was too powerful it couldn’t be defeated and, as it was energy, it could not be destroyed completely."

"So how was he defeated?" Blue asked.

"I beat him" the Lord of Order answered. "At that time, I didn’t have any Generals stationed in the Pony Reality and I couldn’t allow Ten-tails to destroy the Enchanted Forest and move for the Pony World. So I used my power to subdue it and then I pulled out its energy and divided into nine parts. Each part created a new beast, each one with a different number of tails. I gave them conscience and names, but things didn't go as expected. Conflicts between the Tailed Beasts and the inhabitants of this reality appeared and that attracted my brother."

"That means that if the Lord of Chaos want to resurrect the Ten-tails, he will have to take the other Tailed Beast" Twilight said.

"Precisely" the Lord of Order said. "Somehow, he has managed to obtain Ten-Tails’ body that I sealed to make sure it didn't come back. The only thing he needs is the energy that I took from Ten-Tails and used it to create the Tailed Beasts."

"The location of each beast is known" Mirror Coat said. "Many kingdoms captured them and sealed them to use their power, most of which belong to the Enchanted Forest. But we don't have to worry. At least for now."

"Mirror Coat is right" the Lord of Order said. "The preparations to resurrect Ten-Tails takes time. Possibly years. This is our opportunity. My brother will need all the Tailed Beasts. If we prevent that he gets one, so we can save time to disband this plan of his once and for all."

"That is easy" Twilight said. "We can ask the kingdoms that captured the tailed Beasts to turn them over to us."

"It's not an easy task, princess" Golden Paladin said. "The beasts represent for them the defense of their own kingdoms. Ask them to hand it over would cause conflicts."

"So what do we do?" Blue asked.

"There's only one solution" the Lord of Order said. "We must inoculate the only Tailed Beast that we have at our disposal."

When they heard that, the Generals were a little tense.

"Are you talking about him?" Melody asked, a little worried.

"It makes sense" Mirror Coat said. "Eventually, the Lord of Chaos is going after him."

"He who?" Twilight and Blue asked at the same time.

"Someone that you already know" Golden Paladin replied.

Twilight pondered for a while and then she realized:

"Kitsune. He is a nine-tailed fox."

"Yes" Melody said. "Although Kitsune is the name that the ponies of the Pony World gave him. He is best known as Nine-Tails."

"The Tailed Beasts are called according to the number of tails they have" Purple Smoke said.

"But it shouldn't be like that" the Lord of Order said. "They have names, names that I gave them. I wanted all my creations to live in harmony, regardless of their origin. It was the mistrust and hatred that attracted my brother and made Nine-Tails to go to the Chaos side."

There was an awkward pause, where Twilight couldn't believe she was seeing a side of the Lord of Order that she had never seen. It seemed like he blamed himself for the fact that Nine-Tails was serving the Lord of Chaos.

"But we cannot now express regrets" the Lord of Order said. "We have work to do. First, we have to take Nine-Tails from Tartarus."

"But wouldn't it be better for him to stay there?" Blue asked. "I mean, Tartarus was made so that no villain couldn’t escape."

"I could further strengthen the security" Golden Paladin said, who agreed with Blue. "Or I could move the prison to another realm or even to a different reality."

"Tartarus can be impenetrable from the inside, but from the outside is another thing" the Lord of Order said. "Don't forget that my brother got in once. That does not mean that he can’t do it a second. And if that happens, there is no guarantee that he's going only for Nine-Tails. He can release the other villains and, if that happens, my brother's victory is almost assured."

"The Lord of Order is right" Twilight said. "Remember when the Lord of Chaos released them when he took Tartarus?"

"Not to mention that our master is right about the safety not being the best" Heartbeat said. "I mean, I get in there and Cerberus doesn’t even notice my presence."

"And what do you do getting in Tartarus?" Golden Paladin asked.

Heartbeat hesitated to answer, because she knew how hard Golden Paladin was with the security rules. She then admitted:

"When I get bored I go to make fun of the bad guys."

"Teasing caged villains isn't something you do" Golden Paladin said. "That just makes them angrier and more motivated."

"Wait, Heartbeat, you didn’t make fun of Kitsune, do you?" Leaf Mane asked.

"We're about to get him out of there" Melody said. "I don't think it would be nice to have a mad Tailed Beast out of Tartarus."

"At first I did, but then I stopped" Heartbeat said.

"Why?" Purple Smoke sked. "You don't seem like the type to give up something you like to do."

"He seemed to not even bother" Heartbeat said. "I think it's because he doesn't want to serve the Lord of Chaos anymore."

All exchanged glances when they heard that.

"What did you say?" Twilight asked.

"That's right" Heartbeat replied. "I didn’t tell, because I didn't want you to find out I was going to Tartarus, but I did feel that Nine-Tails no longer had much interest in following the Lord of Chaos again. I think it's because he realized that serving him only led him to be arrested and that the Lord of Chaos just used him as a source of power and nothing more."

"Wait, does that mean..." Blue started.

"No, he's not coming back to our side" the Lord of Order said. "At least while he continues to hate ponies and everyone else who tried to capture him by his power. That is why we must confine him."

"So you want to bring him in here to the Light Kingdom, right?" Twilight asked. "After all, the dungeons of the castle was where the villains were kept before the creation of Tartarus."

"No, he will be stuck in the Light Kingdom" the Lord of Order. "But not in a physical prison. We will use a host."

The Generals were shocked by their master’s declaration, except for Blue. He and Twilight didn’t understand why they were so shocked.

"You want to create a Jinchuriki?" Mirror Coat asked. "I don't know, my lord. Handle a Jinchuriki, especially one that have Nine-Tails insed, is quite complicated. The last time was already enough."

Some of the Generals looked at Heartbeat who replied:

"Hey, in my defense, that stupid fox is quite annoying and always insulting. It's not my fault he got away."

"I believe that, by your conversation, a Jinchuriki is the host, right?" Twilight said.

"Yes, Princess, is the only way to contain and control a Tailed Beast" Golden Paladin said. "Many kingdoms in the Enchanted Forest and in the Pony World sealed the beasts in hosts called Jinchurikis."

"In the past, we also sealed Nine-Tails in a Jinchuriki, but he managed to escape" Leaf Mane continued.

"And that host was Heartbeat?" Blue asked.

"Yes, but her unstable personality allowed him to escape" Mirror Coat said.

"You say that because you didn't have to live with him" Heartbeat said. "Even you would lose patience."

Golden Paladin turned to the Lord of Order and told him:

"My Lord, I know you want to use the best way to hold Nine-Tails, but to seal him in a host, we will have to return at least half of the energy I and Leaf Mane sealed. It's pretty risky to have Heartbeat with him."

"Heartbeat will not be the Jinchuriki this time" the Lord of Order said. "We will use another one."

"But what qualities it takes for someone to become a Jinchuriki?" Twilight asked.

"For the other Tailed Beasts, anyone can become their Jinchuriki" Mirror Coat responded. "But Nine-Tails got more energy than any other Tailed Beast and, apart from us, just the most powerful species of pony can have him: alicorns."

"If that’s so, then I volunteer myself to be a Jinchūriki" Twilight said.

"Twilight, no" Blue said. "If neither Heartbeat was able to restrain him…"

"I'm sorry, Princess" the Lord of Order said, interrupting Blue. "Volunteering yourself is noble, but the light of the original star seed within you will never allow it. In addition to the fact that the host has to be an alicorn, there is another factor that must be taken into account: the compatibility. And almost all the alicorns do not have that compatibility, except one."

"And who is that alicorn?" Twilight asked.

The Lord of Order didn’t respond immediately. It was then that he did it:

"Prince Star Knight."

When they heard that, Twilight and Blue were shocked. The other Generals were shocked too, but not as much as the parents of the little foal.

"No, not my son!" Twilight exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, your honor, but it is out of the question!" Blue said.

"We will not put inside our son that nine-tailed monster!" Twilight said.

"I think that's too much for a little foal, master" Golden Paladin said.

"It’s the only solution" the Lord of Order said. "Only he can take Nine-Tails. But you have nothing to fear. When Nine-Tails is sealed within Star Knight, he will be contained and cannot do anything. After all, contention is Golden Paladin’s specialty. He will make sure that Nine-Tails will be kept sealed until this threat pass."

But the prince and princess still didn't seem to want to access to the Lord of Order’s suggestion. Golden Paladin then addressed to Twilight and Blue:

"If you allow me, Your Highnesses. I give my word of honor that I will ensured that your son does not run any risk. I’ll make sure that Nine-Tails stay secure. In addition, I will help Prince Star Knight to control his power. And I'm sure my brothers will help me in this task."

The two regents looked at the other Generals who waved them, confirming what Golden had said. The couple exchanged looks and then Twilight said:

"Very well, so be it."

In Tartarus, which was overflying the Pony World, the villains were dealing with the fact that they were arrested and that probably they would never leave. However, not everypony shared this thought. The Trix did failed attempts to escape, launching their attacks against the bars of their cells. Stormy was the one who casted the most violent attacks, as she was the one who was more frustrated. Despite Icy and Darcy have given up, she continued to attack.

"Stormy, stop" Darcy said. "These bars will never give in."

"I'm not going to stay in this dirty cell for eternity" Stormy said, while continuing to launch attacks that failed.

"I think we have no other choice" Icy said. "Those Generals have this place pretty well protected."

"We've got escape from various prisons" Stormy said. "I'm not going to allow ourselves to be hold like rats."

It was then that they heard a laugh that came from the Nine-Tails’ cell, who was quietly laying.

"What's so funny, filthy fox?!" Stormy asked, whose cell was on the opposite wall and above the Nine-Tails’.

"Do you really think you and your sisters will get out of here?" Nine-Tails asked. "Many of us have tried and we are much more powerful than you."

"This is Fox who lost against a nature lover and a pony-dog" Stormy said, making her sisters laugh.

"You wouldn't laugh at me if you knew how I was in the old days" Nine-Tails said. "Ponies ran and screamed when they saw me."

"Sorry, but it's a bit hard to believe that someone like you was so terrible" Icy said.

Nine-tails began to grunt and rose up, what made some villains to be scarred when they saw that.

"You can say all you want, but, like the rest of us, you are here because you were use by the Lord of Chaos" he said. "He used us and threw us out like rusty tools."

"Now, now, Nine-Tails, moderates the words when you address to the Lord of Chaos" the Dragon King said, whose cell was near Nine-Tails’. "You may have lost faith on him, but many of us still remain loyal."

Nine-Tails, though, held a certain respect for the Dragon King and returned to lay down grumpily. The Dragon King then turned to the Trix and told them:

"You should be careful with what you say to Nine-Tails. He's right, since I met him when he was at his best."

"Thanks for sticking up for me, but I don't need a big fire-breathing reptile to defend me" Nine-tails replied.

"You should be more grateful" the Dragon King told him. "Anyway, you will be us for a long time."

"Until I get out of here" Nine-tails said. "Patience is a virtue and I know that, sooner or later, this prison will not contain me."

"You must be crazy if you think you will go back to being what you were before" the Dragon King said.

But the conversation didn't last long, because they heard the doors of Tartarus openning.

"If it's that small size General again, I guarantee you she will swallow all the insults" Stormy said.

But it wasn’t Heartbeat who entered, but Golden Paladin. All the villains went silent when they saw him passing. He advanced through the Dragon King's cell, and, using his magic, made a pillar grow below him, what lifted him up to the Nine-Tails’ cell. He, seeing Golden Paladin, said:

"But who would have guessed. I have the privilege of receiving the visit of the big gun from here. To what do I have this honor?"

"I came to get you out and take you to another place, Nine-Tails" Golden Paladin said.

Hearing that, some villains were greatly surprised. Nine-Tails, on the other hand, sketched a smile.

"Hey, why is that he can leave and we don't?" Stormy asked.

"Yes, that's not fair, Goldy!" Fire Punch protested.

Looking annoyed, Golden Paladin used his magic to invoke gags which could only be removed by him in both and said:

"First, he's not going to be freed, only transferred, what is not your business. And, second... Don't call me Goldy!"

He then turned to Nine-Tails and said:

"Let's go."

"Before we go, may I ask the reason for my sudden departure of my cell?" Nine-Tails asked cynically, rising up.

"Don't pretend you don't know" Golden Paladin said. "Probably you already knew this would happen. Or are you going to tell me you didn't know what plan the Lord of Chaos would use now that his plan to use all his villains went down."

"How will I know what plans the Lord of Chaos will use?" Nine-Tails asked. "After all, I don't know what he thinks."

Simply giving to Nine-Tails a cold look, Golden Paladin made a golden chain emerge from the floor of the cell and wrap around the fox’s neck. Then the tip came off the ground and was held by Golden through his magic. After that, he made the bars of Nine-Tails’ cell disappear and said, while increased the size of the column:

"Come on, don't waste my time."

And Nine-Tails got out of his cell. After the pillar descended and reached the floor, Golden Paladin and Nine-Tails began to go to the exit of Tartarus. The Dragon King, seeing that, asked:

"But what is happening?"

As it was agreed, Twilight, Bue and the other Generals were waiting in the vicinity of the Light Kingdom, where Nine-Tails could be. Sleeping peacefully in her mother's lap was the small Star Knight. Little did he know that his life was about to change.

There was then a yellow light and Golden Paladin appeared with Nine-Tails.

"How interesting" he said, seeing the ponies present. "It came so many ponies just to say hello?"

"Shut up, Nine-Tails" said Golden Paladin. "It's time to reseal you."

"Do you really think you want to do this?" Nine-Tails asked. "After all, the last time I was sealed in a Jinchuriki, things didn't go so well. It's not true, Heartbeat?"

She smiled and replied:

"Whenever I remember our time together, I get the urge to vomit. I'm glad that I won't have to deal with you this time."

"What do you mean?" Nine-Tails asked.

"This time, you won't be sealed in Heartbeat" Golden Paladin answered him.

"How so?" Nine-Tails asked, not liking the way things were going.

"Do you really think we would make the same mistake twice?" Golden Paladin asked. "This time, the Lord of Order chose a host that, for you, will not be very easy to handle."

Nine-Tails looked and then noticed the little sleeping prince.

"Don't tell me that... you will seal me inside that child" Nine-Tails said.

"Precisely" Mirror Coat dsif. "An innocent that cannot be handled by you, since he doesn't know anger and hatred."

"You're mad" Nine-Tails said. "Are you really thinking in seal the great Nine-Tailed Fox, the strongest and most powerful of the all Tailed Beasts, in a kid who's still wears diapers? He will not be able to hold my power."

"That's why I will only give you half of your power" Leaf Mane said. "It will be enough to seal you within a host."

"And I will be with the key of your cage" Golden Paladin said. "Just in case you decide to play smart."

Nine-Tails’ plan had not worked out as he hoped. He thought that only Heartbeat was compatible with him. Knowing that soon the Lord of Chaos would want to resurrect Ten-Tails, Nine-Tails would use the fact that the Lord of Order would want to put him in a Jinchuriki to escape. For the seal, Leaf Mane would have to return the energy she sealed and, as he knew Heartbeat quite well, it wouldn't be very difficult to escape again. But the emergence of a new candidate to be his Jinchuriki had ruined his plans.

"Bastards!" Nine-Tails exclamed.

He began trying to break free from Golden Paladin, but he then conjured more chains that involved his body and arrested him on the floor.

"Leaf Mane, let's get this over with quickly" Golden Paladin said.

"Very well" she said.

Using her magic, Leaf Mane invoked a tree that stood high and mighty. A strange red glow radiated from it, like the trees in the Oasis of the Heart. Nine-Tails could feel it. It was his energy. They really would through with that plan. Nine-Tails turned to Twilight and Blue and asked them:

"Are you going to let them seal a monster inside of your own child? What kind of parent are you?"

Twilight and Blue knew that Nine-Tails was just trying to manipulate them to stop the ceremony, but the idea of having him within Star was something they didn’t like too. Twilight was more reticent about that idea and it looked like she was about to give in to pressure, when Blue replied:

"The idea of having you in our son doesn’t make us happy, but it is necessary to prevent that the Lord of Chaos destroys everything. Moreover, you should know that we will protect Star of any danger that approaches him, including you."

Twilight, hearing her husband’s words, couldn't do anything but smile. Blue had given her the strength to continue with what was being done. She turned to Leaf Mane and Golden Paladin and said to them:

"Proceed."

They waved and Leaf Mane turned to the tree that she invoked and accessed to her magic.

"You're going to be sorry for what you're doing" Nine-Tails said. "You can be sure of that."

But Twilight and Blue didn't responded. Leaf Mane began the process of transferring half of Nine-Tails’ energy to him. Red energy began coming out of the tree and moving to Nine-Tails. When it started going in, the fox began to increase in size, with Golden Paladin’s chains adapting with the growth. While this was going on, the tree was been turned smaller. The process then stopped and Leaf Mane made the tree disappear.

"Everything is ready to seal him" Golden Paladin said. "Your Highnesses, put the young prince on the floor and step back a little bit."

Twilight then landed the small infant on the floor and then retreated a little, along with Blue. Then, Golden Paladin made his magic aura become more intense, while he put all his concentration on his sealing spell.

The ends of the chains that held Nine-Tails dropped the floor and began to move in Star Knight’s direction. Getting to his edge, they went to his belly, penetrating it, something that made Twilight a little shudder. But the penetration was not physics, so there was no physical damage in the foal. The chains then began pulling Nine-Tails in Star Knight’s direction. He tried to resist, but he couldn't fight the power of Golden Paladin’s golden chains.

The process, as it progressed, began to cause great discomfort to the baby colt who started crying. Twilight had to fight strongly against her maternal instinct to not go to her baby. Not wanting to watch more, she embraced Blue, turning her face to the other side. Blue comforted his wife.

"You're going to pay for this!" Nine-Tails exclaimed when he was too close of Star Knight. "This will not stand! This colt won't contain me forever, you heard me!"

It was then that the chains have increased their strength and pulled Nine-Tails that began to enter in Star Knight, who cried harder. The Nine-Tails got inside him and, when that happened, Golden Paladin ceased his magic and staggered back. He almost fell, but was supported by Mirror Coat and Purple Smoke.

"It's done" Golden Paladin said.

Twilight went quickly to her son and used her magic to hold him. She began to calm him down, cradling him and comforting him. The baby eventually stop crying and went back to sleep. Twilight hoped only that all this wasn't in vain.

Watching the scene from afar was a Changeling in disguise. Before that, he walked away to go tell to his Queen.

The Lord of Chaos was sitting on his throne when the image of Chrysalis appeared in the reflection of one of his mirrors.

"My Lord, I bring news from the Light Kingdom."

"Talk" he told her.

"One of my scouts saw the Generals sealing Nine-Tails into Princess Twilight’s son" Chrysalis said.

"I see" he said. "They created a new Jinchuriki to Nine-Tails. And that Jinchuriki is the young prince of the Light Kingdom. That's unexpected."

"Do you want us to do anything?" Chrysalis asked.

"No" the Lord of Chaos said. "That baby will be under great surveillance and it will be impossible to capture him for now. Furthermore, we need to finish the preparations."

"As you wish, my Lord" Chrysalis said. "But know that I will be happy to attend to your order, in case you change your mind."

And, having said that, her image disappeared.

"It was a good idea to seal Nine-Tails inside that colt, brother" the Lord of Chaos said. "But this will not prevent my plan. I will capture all the Tailed Beasts, including Nine-Tails, and the Ten-Tails will destroy this reality once and for all."

PreviousChapters Next