• Published 13th May 2016
  • 1,692 Views, 14 Comments

Star Knight and the Nine-Tailed Fox - Rakoon1



Star Knight will live his own adventure that is growing up with something evil inside of him whose power he will have to master if he wants to stop another plan of the Lord of Chaos to conquer the Pony Reality.

  • ...
28
 14
 1,692

PreviousChapters Next
One-Tail Awakes

A few weeks have passed since Star Knight began his training with Golden Paladin to control Nine-tails’ power. Despite the progress regarding the control of Nine-Tails’ energy have been put aside while Star couldn't learn the minimum control due to the risk of weakening the seal, the young prince learned to control his own magic that had been fortified since he met Nine-Tails.

With the knowledge he acquired in the library of the academy and the one he already had from their studies with his mother, Star was able to master several spells that many would not be able to dominate. One of them was the duplication spell that was able to create clones that worked just like Mirror Cloat’s glass clone, disappearing when they weren’t necessary or when they were hit. The metamorphosis spell was another of the spells he was trying to master, even it was not his specialty. Although he was able to do it, it was very difficult to keep it for more than a few seconds.

After a training session where Star demonstrated his improved control of his clones, Golden Paladin said, while Star undid his clones:

"Very good, Prince Star Knight. Your control is getting better and better."

"Golden, when will you teach me how to control of Nine-Tails’ energy?" Star Knight asked. "Not that it isn't bad to learn all this, but I'd like to do more."

“I understand, young prince, but learn to control the power of a Tailed Beast takes a long time” Golden Paladin said. "Accessing to Nine-Tails’ energy will only weaken the seal even more, which will give him the opportunity to try to escape. If you're not sure you can control your power properly, I don't know if it's worth it."

"This is all so confusing" Star said. "Why am I training to control a power that it is not safe to use?"

"I know it's not very easy to understand, Prince Star Knight, after all, when it comes to the Tailed Beasts, the information related to their power is not very well known among those whose kingdoms don’t have Jinchuriki" Golden Paladin said. "But they contain an immense amount of energy that can be almost impossible to control completly."

Hearing this, Star realized the complexity about the Tailed Beasts and, if he wanted to use the Nine-Tails’ power and thus ensure the safety of everypony, he would have to know everything about him and the other Tailed Beasts.

"Golden Paladin, could you talk about the Tailed Beasts?" Star sdkrf. "If I knew more about them, maybe I could better understand the one that is inside me."

"I can see that you're pretty committed" Golden Paladin noted. "Maybe I can explain everything in a simple way. Let me see... I think the right thing is to start at the beginning."

After a brief pause to think about the words he should use, Golden Paladin told:

"Before the Lord of Chaos appeared in this reality, a monster made of wild energy appeared at Enchanted Forest, causing destruction."

"Wild energy?" Star repeated.

"As you know, the Lord of Order created everything, so that there was balance" Golden Paladin explained. "Wild energy does that. However, it was inevitable that there was accumulation of that same wild energy, but an excessive accumulation created a destructive creature without conscience: the Ten-Tails."

"Ten-Tails? You mean there are Tailed Beasts with more than nine tails?"

"Not exactly" Golden Paladin replied. "The truth is that the Lord of Order prevented Ten-Tails to cause a major destruction, dividing its own energy in nine pieces and creating nine creatures known as Tailed Beasts. However, the other creations of the Lord of Order, those who became the inhabitants of the Enchanted Forest and Pony World, feared or coveted their power. Those who coveted it, tried to control them, but the power of a Tailed Beast is beyond the understanding of ordinary mortals. No one could control them, at least until they started to seal them in living beings."

"Jinchūriki" Star realized.

Golden Paladin waved, confirming Star’s answer. Then, he continued:

"In doing so, they hoped to suppress the power of the Tailed Beast and then use it as they wanted. The ones with a Tail Beast inside are called Jinchuriki, as you know. They have unimaginable power, thanks to the coexistence with the beast they carry."

Before those words, Star Knight though about the other Jinchuriki who existed around, perhaps sharing the same pain that he felt.

"And these Jinchuriki..." Star started. "They were used as weapons?"

"Unfortunately, yes" Golden Paladin replied. "At least, that was their intent when they created the Jinchuriki, but the Lord of Order prevented the wars that happen and, when I and my siblings appeared and created the Light Kingdom, we helped to maintain that stability. Fortunately, things got easier and the Jinchuriki got only the role of maintaining that same tranquility. You got lucky, Star, because the reason why you have Nine-Tails inside you is for another reason."

"Yes, my parents explained that" Star said. "The Lord of Chaos wants the Tailed Beast, right?"

Golden Paladin waved. Star Knight then asked:

"But why does he want the Tailed Beast? I imagine that isn't just to use them as weapons. After all, if that were so, he would only manipulate the kingdoms that have Jinchuriki."

"I must admit I'm impressed with this reasoning of yours, young prince" Golden Paladin praised. "You're right. If it was only for their power, he could just do that. The truth is the Lord of Chaos wants the Tailed to combine them and recreate Ten-Tails."

"What?!" Star asked, not wanting to believe. "Seriously?!"

"Ten-tails threatened the Lord of Order’s perfect creation and the Lord of Chaos intends to use it to concretize that threat of the past" Golden Paladin explained.

Star understood. But then a question popped into his head and told it to Golden:

"But you said Ten-Tails was a destructive monster without conscience. How can the Lord of chaos use it without Ten-Tails turning against him?"

"That we still don't know for sure" Golden Paladin answered. "The Lord of Chaos is a master at creating ways to bring his plans to the success, ways that are completely unpredictable, even for us."

There was a pause and then Star asked:

"How is he going to do that if the Tailed Beasts are sealed in Jinchuriki? How will he extract them? "

"You should know that there were a lot of Jinchūriki over time" Golden Paladin said. "Although each kingdom have used different kind of sealing spells, the extraction was needed to pass the Tail Beast to the next Jinchuriki, when the life of the former were coming to an end. If the Jinchuriki died with the Tail Beast still inside of him or her, so the beast would have a temporary death."

"Temporary death?" he asked, confused.

"Tailed Beasts are made of energy and, as such, they cannot be destroyed" Golden Paladin explained. "It can take some time, but they eventually come back to life. Therefore, it was necessary to extract the Tailed Beast to then seal them back. For this, it was necessary a couple of things: a sealing spell strong enough to counterbalance the power of the Tailed Beast and a lot of time. Between the sealing spells, mine is the strongest to contain a Tail Beast. Many have tried to copy it, but never managed to do it to perfection. But the biggest problem in the extraction is the effects it has on the Jinchūriki who is submitted to it. The side effects can cause major damage to the bodies, depending on the number of tails, as tails represent the amount of energy that the Tailed Best contains. But most of the time…"

Golden Paladin didn't finish, but Star didn't need him to do that, because he knew what would be the last words. The Jinchuriki's death was the most likely outcome. Knowing this, Star Knight felt a slight tremor. His own life was at risk because he had inside the Tail Beast with the largest number of tails, which meant that he would die, if Nine-tails were extracted. It was then he remembered that Heartbeat was also Nine-Tails’ Jinchuriki.

"What about Heartbeat? Nine-tails was extracted from her and yet..."

"Heartbeat is different. She is a General of Order, a representative of the actual power of the Lord of Order. You, on the other hand, even though you have ability to become the next owner of the light of the original star, you still do not have the same immortality that we have."

Star Knight fell silent, while processing everything that he had heard from Golden Paladin. Now he understood that he shouldn't take the subject of Nine-Tails too lightly, in addition that the discovery the Lord of Chaos’ true plan was truly scaring.

"I think it's better to stay here" Golden Paladin said. "I've told you many things for you to think, beyond which you must go back to the academy."

Star Knight then returned to the academy. When heading to his room, he met with their friends.

"Howdy, buddy, where have ya been?" Jonagold asked.

"I've been around" Star replied. "Why do you ask?"

"Because you been gone since school started" Gunter replied.

"Yeah, since our first visit tah Leafgreen, ya haven't been with us that much" Jonagold said.

"I'm sorry" he apologized. "I think I'm too busy."

"You will still tell us what you are doing after school every day" Gunter said.

"Yeah, pal, ya're killin’ us with curiosity" Jonagold said.

Star sighed. Although he trusted in his friends, I didn't want to tell them about the fact that he was taking lessons from Golden Paladin to learn to control the power of a monster that was inside of him. In addition that story sounded too amazing to believe, he didn't want to burden them with a secret like that.

They arrived at Star and Bramble’s room and, when they entered, the deer prince was waiting for him with a letter, saying:

"Star, a letter was left here for you. I think it's from your mother."

Star, using his magic, took the letter and opened it and read it. After reading, he said:

"Wow, this is amazing!"

"What?" their friends asked at the same time.

"It seems my mother arranged a meeting with the pony-panthers" Star said.

"Seriously?!" Gunter asked. "But that is amazing!"

"Why?" Jonagold asked. "What's so special ‘bout that?"

"Because pony-panthers rarely relate with others" Gunter replied. "Something like this happens like… never."

"Yes, it means a lot to the Light Kingdom to relate with our neighbors" Star Knight said. "I mean, the oasis of the pony-panthers is situated in the Golden Desert which is right after the Grand Light Canyon. As the light ponies as the pony-panthers have been limited to their comfort zones. I think, through this, my mom wants to strengthen our ties of friendship."

"Well, that certainly seems pretty important" Jonagold commented. "I think, as I have always lived in Equestria, I never noticed how could still be species that lived separate lives, even though they are neighbors."

"There's more" Star Knight said. "My mom let me invite friends to this weekend, which is the same weekend in which takes place the meeting."

"That means we will be able to see the pony-panthers?" Gunter asked. "Cool! You can count on me. I just have to ask my parents, but I think that there will be no problem."

"My folks won’t rise any problem" Jonagold said. "After all, this is not tha first time Ah sleep in yer castle."

"Bramble, what about you?" Star asked. "Do you want to go?"

"Me, going to the Light Kingdom?" Bramble asked shyly. "But I never got out of the Enchanted Forest."

"One more reason tah go" Jonagold said. "In that way, ya can know the realm where we live."

"Yes, in addition to that we're going to the Light Kingdom to watch a historic event" Gunter said.

"Well..." Bramble, who then began remembered his personal objective to be more audacious. "OK, I accept. Of course, I just have to ask my dad, but I guess he will let me."

"Perfect" Star Knight said. "It will be nice to have my friends with me."

This scene was being observed by the Lord of Chaos through his mirror, while he was sitting on his throne.

"It seems that our dear prince is very happy. And me too. Knowing about this meeting just brightened my day. Oogie Boogie!"

And he appeared at the base of the staircase leading to the Lord of Chaos’ throne room.

"Yes, master?"

"It seems that the pony-panthers decided to come out of the shadows to visit the Light Kingdom" the Lord of Chaos said. "This will be the perfect opportunity to test your infiltration skills. Let's see if they will be enough to get in the great Light Kingdom. In addition it will be good to show those light ponies that, just because they are protected by my brother, they are not immune to my wrath."

Oogie Boogie made a bow to the Lord of Chaos and replied:

"As you wish, my lord."

And, having said that, he disappeared.

At the Light Kingdom, Twilight was dealing with matters of the kingdom with Spike, who had returned from a journey with his brothers. Spike had become a teenage dragon, having grown in size and gaining wings and sharper spikes.

"I’m so glad you're back, Spike" Twilight said. "My professional life without my assistant number one is not the same thing."

"I'm happy to be back too" Spike replied, whose voice had gotten huskier. "I like my brothers, but, after spending weeks hearing them sing day and night, they got a little annoying."

"And where are they now?" Twilight asked.

"Back to the Burning Palisades” Spike replied, referring to the island that belonged to him and his brothers. "I'm glad we found that place. It's perfect to hide during the scale changing."

"Yes, I'd hate if something bad happened since the last time you changed your scales here in the Light Kingdom" Twilight said.

And the two dropped a laugh and then Twilight asked:

"By the way, how are things with Sweetie Belle?"

"It’s fine" Spike replied. "We're going on a date next week. She is now in Manehattan participating in a musical in Bridleway."

"Yeah..." Twilight said, getting nostalgic. "You know, I still remember when our only concerns were only about organizing and cleaning our library in Ponyville."

"Yes, but now you have to worry about a whole kingdom" Spike said. "But of course it's not just that. You also have to worry about the threat of the Lord of Chaos to resurrect a terrible monster that may be able to destroy all the Pony Reality, not to mention that this implies that your own son is in danger for having within him the Nine-Tailed Fox."

That made Twilight roll her eyes, but also drop a laugh. She missed Spike’s tactless with words.

The doors of the throne room opened and Golden Paladin entered. He advanced to the staircase leading to the throne and then made a bow to Twilight, saying:

"Your Highness."

"Hello, Golden Paladin" Twilight greeted. "Tell me, how are Star Knight’s trainings going?"

"I wouldn't say that they're having the results that we wanted, but let's just say we're going on a good path" Golden Paladin replied. "The young prince demonstrates a great willingness to learn."

"Of course he has, as he is Twilight’s son" Spike commented.

"Had you already started training to control Nine-Tails’ power?" Twilight asked.

"If you allow me, Your Highness, I think is still quite premature to think about that" Golden Paladin replied. "Prince Star Knight is still quite young. He still doesn't have enough maturity, not to mention that he does not have yet the necessary capabilities. In my opinion, it's still not safe to open the seal more than it already is."

"So why don't you close it for good?" Spike asked. "In that way, I think we wouldn't have to worry about."

"That wouldn't be a very wise decision to take" Golden Paladin replied. "It would be like putting a dome in the crater of a volcano. Furthermore, if we want to protect Prince Star Knight, he must know how to control the power within him."

"I agree with Golden Paladin, Spike" Twilight said. "We cannot continue to ignore our problems. We have to face them. I figured that out when Star found the whole truth. I'm happy with my son’s progress, Golden Paladin. Good job."

Golden Paladin made a bow and then asked:

"Can I ask you a question, Your Highness?"

"Sure" Twilight replied.

"Is it true that Chief Strongpaw, the leader of the pony-panthers, will come to the Light Kingdom accompanied by a small group for a meeting?" Golden Paladin asked.

"Yes" Twilight confirmed. "With this, I'm counting on improving our relationship with our neighbors."

"I see…" Golden Paladin said. "That means that I have to increase the security of the kingdom."

That statement confused Twilight and Spike and the former asked:

"Why do you say that, Golden Paladin? I thought the pony-panthers were our allies."

"It’s not because of that, Your Highness" Golden Paladin replied. "The problem is that the Lord of Chaos can try anything, taking into account the circumstances concerning Chief Strongpaw."

"What circumstances?" Twilight asked.

"The truth is that Chief Strongpaw... is a Jinchuriki, like your son" Golden Paladin replied.

That information shocked Twilight and Spike.

"What?" Twilight asked.

"You're kidding, right?" Spike asked.

"No, I'm not" Golden Paladin replied. "He's the Jinchuriki of One-Tail."

"I see" Twilight said. "That will be a problem. Star comes this weekend with friends."

"So we have to cancel the meeting" Spike said.

"That won't be necessary" Golden Paladin said. "If we take precautions, there will be no problem. Although it is advisable don't leave Prince Star Knight approach Chief Strongpaw."

"I agree" Twilight said. "I just hope everything ends well."

The weekend arrived and the Light Kingdom carriage came to take Star and his friends. While they were heading to the border between the Enchanted Forest and the Pony World, Star said to Bramble:

"I’m glad you could join us, Bramble."

"My father thought it would be good for me to get out of the Enchanted Forest and see the Pony World" he said. "Although I’m still quite hesitant."

"Don't worry, Bramble, ya will like tha Pony World" Jonagold said. “Mainly tha Light Kingdom."

"Yes, despite everything, it is a good place to be" Star said.

"Wait, what do you mean with despite everything?" Gunter asked.

That question left Star a little flustered. After all, almost no one knew what he did not like on the Light Kingdom. Jonagold, who knew about his friend’s concerns since they were little foals, hastened to say:

"Star is talking about all the light. It is no by chance that it's called Light Kingdom."

Star felt relieved and smiled at Jonagold, thanking him. But Bramble managed to understand the discomfort that Star should be feeling for returning to his kingdom, since he knew how Jinchuriki were marginalized.

The carriage arrived at the border and passed through it. By doing this, everyone felt the feeling of crossing the border.

"Wow, what was that?" Bramble asked.

"It means that we're no more in the Enchanted Forest" Star said. "Bramble, welcome to the Pony World."

Bramble looked through the window and was amazed to see vast plains without a high concentration of trees. On the one hand, he felt a little out of place, but also showed a certain fascination for being in a place he never thought he'd be.

It didn’t last until they reach the Light Kingdom and that's when Bramble was totally speechless. He had never seen anything so beautiful, mostly because it was decorated with star seeds. The carriage stopped in front of the castle, where Twilight and Blue were waiting to receive his son and his friends.

"Mom, dad!" Star exclaimed, going to hug his parents after leaving the carriage.

"Hello, Star” Twilight greeted, embracing Star. "I hope you had a good trip."

"Yes" Star replied, going to hug his father then. "But it feels good to be back."

"Hi, aunt Twilight" Jonagold greeted. "Hello, uncle Blue."

"Jona!" Blue said. "I hope you didn't cause trouble at the academy."

"‘course not" Jonagold said. "After all, how can Ah when Star is around."

That let out a few laughs and then Gunter and Bramble advanced and the former said to Twilight and Blue Sword:

"It's a pleasure, Your Highnesses."

"Please don't be formal” Twilight asked. "After all, you guys are our son’s friends."

"But where are Sunny and Midnight?" Star asked.

"They're playing in their rooms" Twilight said.

"With the meeting with the pony-panthers tomorrow, we're pretty busy preparing everything, so we thought it was best that they don't walked around the castle" Blue said.

"Well, I'll say hello to them and then me and my friends are going for a ride" Star told.

"Whatever you say, dear, but not get in the way" Twilight said. "Things have to be ready by tomorrow."

After having greeted his sisters, Star and his friends walked around the castle, where the servants were busy cleaning up and pulling the shine at the decorative star seeds. However, Star couldn't repair that security was tighter, even more than would be normal for a simple meeting.

"Your castle is awesome" Gunter said, while they were in the garden. "Although I continue to prefer mine’s style."

"Yes, Gunter is right" Bramble said. "I've never seen anything like this."

Bramble was so distracted admiring the beauty of the garden of the castle when he bumped with someone who dropped a few scrolls.

"I'm so sorry" he said.

"It's okay" Spike’s voice.

When Bramble noticed he had bumped against Spike, he was very shocked and said, as retreated:

"A dr… dr… dr…"

"Are you okay, kid?" Spike asked, repairing on Bramble’s paled face.

The young deer was almost screaming with fear, when Star put a hoof on his shoulder and said to him:

"Don't worry, Bramble. You don't have to be afraid. This Dragon isn't dangerous."

"I'm not dangerous?" Spike asked, slightly offended. "Frankly, Star, just because I was raised by ponies and I'm friendlier than other dragons, it doesn't mean I'm less terrifying than them. Have you forgotten that I once faced one of the villains of the Lord of Chaos and helped your mother save Equestria many times? Not to mention that I am the great savior of the Crystal Empire."

"Yes, uncle Spike" Star said, rolling her eyes. "I know that. Sorry, Bramble, but you don't have to worry about my uncle Spike. He's friendly."

"Seriously?" Bramble. asked

"Yeah, ya don't have tah worry about" Jonagold. "Ah've known him since Ah was a li’l colt."

"Uncle Spike is my mother's assistant, even before she became a Princess" Star said.

"Oh yeah, I met him during my parents’ coronation" Gunter said. "But I never dared to approach him."

"I didn't know you were back" Star said to Spike.

"I just got back a few days ago" the dragon replied. "Although my brothers decided to go back to the Burning Palisades, I decided to return to my true home. By the way, how are things at the Academy?"

"Very good" Star said. "The academy is an amazing place to be."

"I'm glad to hear that" Spike said, catching the scrolls. "I'm happy for you. Now, if you don't mind, I have to take these scrolls before Twilight know that I'm holding up the preparations for the meeting."

And, having said that, he moved away.

"That was... unexpected" Bramble said. "I never thought that a dragon could be friendly."

"That's because you haven't met uncle Spike’s brothers" Star said.

The next day dawned and everything was ready to receive the visitors from the Golden Desert. A group of four pony-panthers was already approaching the Grand Light Canyon, led by Chief Strongpaw, who was carrying a bag on his back. He and his pony-panthers companions were on their way, using their speed and strength to cross the desert.

When they reached the canyon which served as a border between the desert and the Light Kingdom, they found Golden Paladin and Blue Sword. Some guards were also lined up there. Arriving at the border, Chief Strongpaw stopped, as well as the other pony-panthers, and said:

"So you're the ones who came to meet us."

"I'm sorry for all this, Chief Strongpaw, but, given to our situation, we cannot afford to let our guard down" Golden Paladin said.

"I see..." Chief Strongpaw said. " Of course, you also have your own Jinchuriki. Who would have thought that after all this time, the Light Kingdom would have Nine-tails under its control again."

"Can I ask you to not to speak about Nine-Tails in that way, Chief Strongpaw?" Blue asked. "After all, his Jinchūriki is my son."

"Of course, Prince Blue Sword, it was not my intention to offend you" Chief Strongpaw said. "Please, take the time you see necessary."

“Golden, you know what to do" Blue said.

Golden Paladin focused deeply, trying to find any threats present. Although his ability was not as refined as Heartbeat’s, he would be able to find any threat in the area. However, he was not picking up anything.

"There's nothing" he replied. "Chief Strongpaw, you and your pony-panthers can pass. We will escort you to the castle."

And so Chief Strongpaw advanced, followed by his companions. The Lord of Chaos watched through his mirror and said:

"Perfect. It seems that Golden Paladin couldn't sense Oogie Boogie. Now, I just wait the magic of the Light Kingdom is not strong enough to disrupt my plan."

Star and his friends were walking through the halls of the castle, eager to see the arrival of the pony-panthers. They arrived at the entrance, where they saw Twilight and Spike, waiting, with guards at their edge.

"I can't wait to see the pony-panthers" Gunter said. "I never saw any."

"Neither did Ah" Jonagold said. "But they should not be different from tha pony-wolves. Ah've seen Shadow Claw on his pony-wolf form. They should be the same, with tha exception of canine traits."

"I just hope they are nice" Bramble said.

"Don't worry, Bramble" Star said. "After all, they are followers of the Lord of Order."

"What are you doing here?" a voice asked.

They got scarred and saw Heartbeat next to them.

"Heartbeat!" Star exclaimed. "You gave us a big scare."

"Are you trying to see the pony-panthers?" she asked.

"Yes, we want to see how they are" said Gunter.

"I understand, but I think it's best to watch them from a distance" Heartbeat said. "After all, this meeting is quite important and it’s better to ensure that everything goes well. I think the pony-panthers wouldn't like being watched from a distance as if they were some entertainment."

"I think you're right" Star said.

It was then that Golden Paladin and Blue came in, followed by Chief Strongpaw and his pony-panthers.

"Are they…" Gunter started. "Wow, awesome!"

"And scary" Bramble said, repairing in the intimidating air of the pony-panthers.

"I know what you're thinking, but it's time to go" Heartbeat said.

"Okay, we're goin’" Jonagold said. "We just want’d tah see them up close. Come on, guys."

And they began to move away, but before Star would follow his friends, he looked to Chief Strongpaw. There was something about him that intrigued him. He didn't know what it was, but there was something about him that let him nervous. It was then that his look went towards to one of the pony-ponies who accompanied Chief Strongpaw. Suddenly, a certain darkness surrounded him, but before he could see with more clarity, his eyes got tired, and he blinked and, when he came to look, the darkness was gone. Did he imagined that?

"Star, what's wrong?" Heartbeat asked.

"Well... it was nothing" he replied.

And he followed his friends.

"Welcome to the Light Kingdom, Chief Strongpaw" Twilight said. "It's an honor to have you here."

"The honor is mine, Your Highness" Chief Strongpaw replied, making a bow, followed by the others. "It's an honor to visit the kingdom that is the center of all this reality adored by the Lord of Order."

"Please, follow us to the throne room" Twilight invited.

And they all went to the throne room. Upon entering there, Twilight said:

"You don't know how happy I was for you having accepted my invitation."

"With the threat that the Lord of Chaos did to take the Tailed Beasts and being myself a Jinchuriki, I figured it was time for my people to re-establish ties with other ponies se we can help each other" Chief Strongpaw said. "Now, if we may, Princess, we would like to go back to our pony form. Our pony-panther form spends too much energy."

And he and his companions reverted to their pony forms. But all were surprised when Chief Strongpaw revealed his. He had immensely heavy dark circles, as if he hadn't slept for a long time.

"Wow, but what dark circles..." Spike started, being stopped from finish by Twilight.

"It's okay, I understand" Chief Strongpaw said. "It must be amazing to see someone with my dark circles."

"I assume it has something to do with your seal, right?" Golden Paladin asked.

"Yes, the seal allows me to keep in control, since One-Tail has the ability to control his Jinchuriki when the latter is sleeping" Chief Strongpaw said. "So, I developed an insomnia that keeps me from sleeping, but allows me to restore the energy that a night’s sleep usually does."

"It must be hard not being able to sleep" Blue said. "Even though I am a General and I don’t require sleep, I try to do so whenever possible."

"Don't worry, I've got used" Chief Strongpaw said. "Maybe now we can…"

But before he could finish, one of his pony-panthers, the one where Star felt the darkness, suddenly appeared behind him, ready to attack him.

"Look out!" Twilight exclaimed.

But the pony-panther’s attack, before it could reach Chief Strongpaw, hit a wall of sand that came out suddenly from the bag that the leader of the pony-panthers brought.

"What?" the pony-panther said.

And the sand then surrounded him and pushed him against a wall, holding him.

"Are you okay, chief?" another one asked, putting him on the edge of his leader.

"Yes" he replied, turning. “My sand protected me. But the question to ask is what just happened."

Golden Paladin and Blue placed themselves in a position to attack, in front of the pony-panthers, Twilight and Spike.

"I can't believe one of the pony-panthers attacked his leader" Blue said.

"Me neither" Chief Strongpaw said. "That's because he is not one of mine. No pony-panther would attack his or her leader. At least, not completely. Furthermore, every pony-panther knows perfectly well that physical attacks are useless against me because of my power over sand that One-Tail gave me."

Addressing to the pony-panther that was stuck by his sand, asked him:

"Will you stop playing hide-and-seek and puppetry and reveal your real face?"

And an evil smile appeared on the pony-panther’s face and his eyes became red. He said:

"Looks like I underestimated your strength, One-Tail’s Jinchuriki."

A dark aura surrounded him and then ascended. After his release, the pony-panther became unconscious and the aura came down and took the form of...

"Oogie Boogie!" Golden Paladin exclaimed.

"Hello everyone!" the boogeypony said. "How are you?"

"How did you..." Blue started.

"How did I get in your dear kingdom full of light without alerting Golden Paladin and Heartbeat’s danger sense?" Oogie Boogie asked. "It was actually quite simple. The Lord of Chaos increased my power and now I can control my victims’ conscious. This allows me to put them in a sleepwalking stage and turns them into my personal puppets."

"That’s awful..." Twilight said.

"That's why I couldn't detect anything" Golden Paladin said. "The Dream World is out of my limits and Heartbeat’s."

"Well, but now we have him here in front of us" Blue said. "Let's end this ugly."

"I'm already ahead of you, Prince Blue Sword" Chief Strongpaw said.

And the sand that held the pony-panther that Oogie Boogie controlled released him and headed to Oogie Boogie. But he turned up in black smoke and began to wriggle out of the sand.

"How about a little help?" Blue asked, carrying his horn with magic.

And he launched light from his horn which, when touched the black smoke, made Oogie Boogie return to his physical form.

"But..." he started, while Chief Strongpaw’s sand caught him.

"I canceled your magic with my magic of balance" Blue said. "You're not the only one with new tricks, Oogie Boogie."

"And now, I'm taking you where you won't be able to hurt anyone else" Golden Paladin said, invoking the cell blaster that had a life cell prepared.

"Before that, let me tell something" Oogie Boogie said, turning then to Chief Strongpaw. "Sweet dreams, One-Tail’s Jinchuriki."

Having said that, he held his breath for a second and then blew what appeared to be black powder that hit Cheif Strongpaw who inhaled it and started coughing. Losing his concentration, the sand that held Oogie Boogie lost its cohesion and fell to the ground, releasing the villain.

"Seize him!" Golden Paladin exclaimed.

Spike was the first, flying and then coming down catch him, but, with a big jump, he dodged, but after doing so, gold chains created by Golden Paladin emerged, preparing to arrest him, but, changing to his smoke form, he managed to get rid of them. Blue’s nullifying magic hit him again, turning him to his solid form again. With this, the pony-panthers tried to catch him, but Oogie Boogie continued to take advantage of his speed and agility. Twilight, sick of it, exclaimed, while she accessed to her magic:

"THAT'S ENOUGH!"

And, using her magic, Twilight managed to immobilize Oogie Boogie and lift him.

"Now you go to where you shouldn't have left" Twilight said.

"I kept a warm cell for you in Tartarus" Golden Paladin, pointing the cell blaster.

But Oogie Boogie started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Spike asked.

"Do you really think you should be more worried about me?" Oogie Boogie asked. "After all, I think your dear leader of the pony-panthers is trying to take a nap."

They turned to Chief Strongpaw and saw that Oogie Boogie was right. He was fighting and fighting, but it seemed that he was about to fell asleep.

"I have... to resist..." Chief Strongpaw said.

"Oh no, if chief falls asleep ..." one of the pony-panthers started.

"One-Tail will take over his body" Golden Paladin said.

"What have you done?!" Blue asked to Oogie Boogie.

"I'll just say what you said to me" he answered. "I also have new tricks, like sleeping powder. Now, what will you do, princess? Are you're going to focus in catching me or prevent that the Light Kingdom is devastated by another Tailed Beast?"

Oogie Boogie had them cornered. Despite his capture wouldn’t take long, they had to contain One-Tail as soon as possible.

"We're not done yet" she said.

"Of course not" Oogie Boogie replied, smiling maliciously.

Twilight freed him of her magic and Oogie Boogie took advantage of that to disappear, saying:

"See ya."

"I still can't believe that he escaped" Blue mumbled.

"Forget him, Blue, we have bigger problems" Twilight said.

And they turned to Chief Strongpaw, who struggled to not fall asleep and contain One-Tail.

PreviousChapters Next