• Published 13th May 2016
  • 1,681 Views, 14 Comments

Star Knight and the Nine-Tailed Fox - Rakoon1



Star Knight will live his own adventure that is growing up with something evil inside of him whose power he will have to master if he wants to stop another plan of the Lord of Chaos to conquer the Pony Reality.

  • ...
28
 14
 1,681

PreviousChapters Next
A Meeting Between Tailed Beast and Jinchuriki

The first week at the academy was passing quickly. Star found a little challenging to get used to the timetables, but he soon got used to. Despite being used to study on his own or with his mother in the library of the Light Castle, Star began enjoying classes with teachers of the academy.

Between the classes he had, Enchanted Music was one of them that was taught by Melody. In those classes, Melody taught how to use magic though sound. Of course this was not a task that anypony could do easily, because, in part, there was a natural ability involved. For what Star knew, his mother and her friends, with Melody’s help, were able to use music to defeat the Sirens, but it seemed that Star wasn't having the same success, although he didn’t stop from trying.

Another class that he had and that was one of his favorites was Science and Magic, that combined science with magic and that allowed Star to apply everything he had learned from his mother. This discipline was taught by a short and frowning unicorn stallion Unicorn with moderate gold coat with a volumetric flask releasing sparks as Cutie Mark, moderate spring bud mane, moderate vermilion eyes and a long beard called Xenon Alchemy. He was a teacher quite feared among students due to his rigid methods, being known for surprise tests and his resilience in passing students in the work, giving to them a lower grade than the one they trully deserved. Very few were those who had achieved an A with him.

There was also History and History of Magic, where the first was about history in general, of the Enchanted Forest and the Pony World as well, while other was about the great events of Magic, like the major breakthroughs or the creation of powerful spells. These two classes were taught respectively by Thistlewit and Merryweather. Knotgrass, in her turn, taught to unicorn students (and alicorn, in Star’s case) Introduction to Practical Magic, where she taught students how to perform basic spells, although Star already had a general domain on them.

In addition to these, there were also the most basic classes such as Gymnastics, which was taught by a deer with dark grayish reddish brown and grayish red fur and moderate pistachio eyes named Ebony, who had a good relationship with the students in general. Also there was Math that was taught by a mare with brownish coat, red and crimson mane and greenish eyes called Yarrow Belle.

Star was fitting pretty well. The news that he had saved Bramble had spread, although without the details of what really happened. That earned him a boost of popularity. Even though he was a colt who enjoyed tranquillity and description, Star couldn't deny that he was enjoying all the attention and admiration, after spending his entire life being despised by the light ponies due to his condition as Jinchuriki.

When the first week was almost over, something happened that would change the new everyday life of the young alicorn prince. During a Gymnastic class, he was with Bramble, Jonagold and Gunter stretching at the end of class, when Professor Ebony said:

"All right, guys, that's enough stretching. You can go."

Star and his friends were about to go take a shower in the locker room, when Professor Ebony called him:

"Prince Star Knight, can you come here, please?"

Star turned to his friends and told them:

"Go ahead, guys, I've got you."

They waved and drifted away. Star addressed the Ebony Teacher who told him:

"Melody asked me to tell you a message. She could have told you in person, but she had business to take care in her studio."

"What message is that?" Star asked.

"The General of Peace requests your presence at the entrance to the academy as soon as possible" Professor Ebony said.

"But why?" he asked, curious.

"I don't know" Professor Ebony replied. "I'm just telling the message.”

“I understand... "Star said." Thank you, professor."

And, with this, Star pulled away.

After taking a bath to relax his body from the exercise done at the class, Star flew to the entrance of the academy and found Golden Paladin waiting. He landed on his edge and asked:

"Golden Paladin, what are you doing here? Did something happened to my parents?"

"You don't have to worry about that, young prince" he replied. "What brings me here is you."

"What do you mean?" Star asked.

Golden Paladin, repairing all the students who there was around, answered:

"We should talk somewhere else. It is not recommended that the subject be known by everypony."

And a yellow light left him, overshadowing Star. When his eyes came back to see, they were in a clearing.

"Where are we?" Star asked.

"Don't worry" Golden Paladin replied. "We are in a clearing near the academy. However, this place has the privacy we need."

"For what?" Star asked.

"The reason that brought me here, young prince, is what is inside you" Golden Paladin said. "I'm talking, of course, about the Nine-Tailed Fox."

Hearing that, Star adopted a more serious look. The name of the creature that inhabited his heart still caused him enough confusion.

"What’s about him?" Star asked.

"You can't control his power" Golden Paladin replied. "Even with my seal, it is inevitable that some of his energy can pass and possess you. This is a phenomenon which I believe you've experienced."

Star recalled the day when he defeated the chimera.

"Although right now these outbreaks are not really of concern, the fact that you can't control the power will eventually weaken the seal and, if it does, the more likely it is to happen the same thing that happened when Heartbeat was the Jinchuriki of Nine-Tails before you."

Heartbeat's words rang in Star’s mind, with her explaining that she couldn't control the power of Nine-Tails and so she and the others had to arrest him in Tartarus.

"Therefore, I will teach you how to control that same energy" Golden Paladin announced.

"I understand…" Star replied. "And I accept. If to keep everypony safe from Nine-Tails I have to know how to control his power, then so be it."

Golden Paladin smiled and said:

"I didn't expect less from the son of Princess Twilight and Prince Blue Sword. So let's start now. That is, if you don't have anything else to do."

"For me, there's no problem" Star replied.

"Perfect" Golden Paladin said. "Then, let's start. First you have to do, is to try to access the surface of the power of the Nine-tails and control it. That way, even unconsciously, you can use it."

"And how do I do it?" Star asked.

"It's easy" Golden Paladin answered. "Through meditation. The concentration is a very important part to control the energy of a Tailed Beast. If you lose it, you can end up being dominated by the energy. But you don't have to worry too much. I'm here and will make sure that nothing bad happens."

Star nodded, understanding what Golden Paladin said. And then the training began. Sitting, the young alicorn prince began to meditate, trying to reach the surface of the power of Nine-Tails. But the process proved to be a lot of work. Star could feel the energy, but for some reason, he couldn't reach it. When he approached it, the energy just walked away. Starting to get frustrated, Star stopped the meditation and said:

"This is pointless!"

"What's the matter?" Golden Paladin asked.

"No matter how hard I try, I can't reach Nine-Tails’ energy" Star said. "It seems that it turns away from me whenever I try to approach it."

"That's normal, young prince" Golden Paladin said. "Trying to control the energy of a Tailed Beast is a fairly lengthy process. It takes years to get it, even for a Jinchuriki. That's why the Jinchuriki are chosen when they are at a young age, so that they and their respective Tailed Beasts can create harmony between them."

"Yes, but I don't think there can be harmony between me and Nine-Tails" Star said. "After all, he's responsible for me being hated by the light ponies."

There was a pause and then Golden Paladin said:

"Ponies hate everything they fear or don't understand. The light ponies know by experience the danger that Nine-Tails represents, beyond that we've had enough problems when Heartbeat failed to contain him. Prince Star Knight, try to understand them. For them, living with the Nine-Tails, even sealed, is the same as for us, Generals, have to live with the villains of the Lord of Chaos."

Golden Paladin’s words made Star trying to see the light ponies with a different perspective. They always ignored and despised him, but knowing what they must have suffered when Nine-Tails was still at loose, made him understand why they were doing it. Even though he is the son of the princess that they admired and that, one day, would rule them, what was inside of him was a monster that tormented them in the past that made them be unable to differentiate the Tailed Beast from the Jinchūriki.

Then Star made a decision. He would prove himself to the light ponies. He would prove them that he was not like the Nine-Tailed Fox and, for this, he would have to control his energy. So, he returned to the training. Watching Star’s change of attitude, Golden Paladin smiled.

At the end of that training, Star was still unable to access to the power of Nine-Tails, but he managed to renew his motivation and, just for that, the trained was worth it.

Until the end of that week, Star continued to train with Golden Paladin, but he had not yet been able to access the power of the Nine-Tails. His friends wondered what would be the reason for his disappearing, although Bramble had a small idea.

Finally, the weekend arrived and many students of the academy decided to go home. Star, knowing that he had yet to officially deal with the disagreement he had with his parents, decided to go spend that weekend in the Light Kingdom.

When the carriage stopped in front of the Light Castle and Star came out, he was soon greeted by two small fillies, Sunny and Midnight.

"We missed you so much, Star!" Sunny exclaimed.

"We're glad you are here, big brother!" Midnight added.

"Hey, I've only been gone for a week" Star said. "If you are already like that, so I don't even want to imagine when I have to stay at the academy during more time."

After his two sisters dropped him, he saw his parents. She could see the nervous air of his mother, although his father continued with his confidence look. He approached them and asked Twilight with a smile:

"So, mom, won’t you go to say hello?"

That made a smile appear on Twilight’s face and she approached Star and gave him a big hug.

"Forgive me, my son."

"Heartbeat told me everything that you and dad felt when the Lord of Order ordered me to become a Jinchūriki" Star said, ending the hug. "I understood that you had no other choice."

"Good" Twilight said, relieved.

"So maybe you can give your old man a hug, too" Blue said.

"Of course, dad" Star replied.

And he went to give him a hug.

During the rest of the day, Star stayed with his family to kill the misses. Meanwhile, Golden Paladin and Heartbeat met at the gardens and the General of Peace said:

"The Prince Star Knight’s training is not having the progress that I expected. We all know how much he is capable and determined. Probably, this has to do with the fact that you used your empathy on him, when he fought against that chimera."

"It makes sense" Heartbeat said, while she smelled the flowers. "There should still be some residues of my magic. This can be a problem for you, but not that big. All you have to do is wait for all the residual magic to disappear."

"I can't afford to wait" Golden Paladin replied. "It is imperative that the young prince start to learn how to control the power of the Nine-Tails right now. It's not just a matter of keeping everypony safe, but is also to give him the tools he will need to defend himself from the villains of the Lord of Chaos."

Heartbeat thought for a few seconds and then she said:

"Well, you can always force him."

"You mean..." Golden Paladin started, realizing what she meant. “Of course, it's the only way. I have to force him to access the power of the Nine-Tails."

"Therefore, you have only three ways to do it" Heartbeat said.

"I know that" Golden Paladin said. "The first would be to release the seal slightly. But at this point, it is out of the question. It would only give to Nine-Tails an opportunity to break free."

"You can also press him emotionally, although it is quite risky because there is a greater risk of him losing control and so Star will not be able to learn how to control the power" Heartbeat said. "Therefore..."

"I have to put him in a situation where his life is in danger" Golden Paladin said. "But it's a little risky and I doubt the princess will accept."

"The decision is yours" Heartbeat said. "After all, you're the trainer. Now, I have to go. I have things to do in the Room of Souls."

And she pulled away, leaving Golden Paladin to ponder on what to do. His duty was to teach Star Knight to control the power of the Nine-Tails. However, time was something precious and it was necessary to compensate as much as possible. Having to wait until Heartbeat’s residual magic disappeared could put a big obstacle in his training plans and, if there was a way to resolve this issue more quickly, so he had no other choice. Beyond that Star would not run any danger, Golden only would make him thinking that he was in danger.

The next day, after breakfast, Star met with Golden Paladin at the gardens of the castle and asked him:

"So we're going to continue the training, Golden?"

"Of course, young prince" he replied. "Although, in this session, we're going to do something different."

There was a yellow light that teleported them to the other side of the kingdom, where there was a large cliff.

"What are we doing here, Golden?"

"No big deal" Golden Paladin answered. "I just want to test a new method. I just need to do this."

Charging his horn with magic, Golden Paladin invoked a rope he used to tie Star’s wings up.

“Golden, what is this rope for?” the young alicorn asked.

"To ensure you don't cheat" Golden Paladin said.

"Wait, what exactly is this method that you are talking about?" Star said.

"I had the confirmation that you will not be able to access the power of the Nine-tails on your own for a while" Golden replied. "But I don't want to wait until you're capable of that, so I will force you to access it."

"How?"

"With danger. If you feel that your life is in danger, I think it will work."

Star was still pretty confused. What was Golden Paladin planning to do?

“Now, young prince, if you don’t wish to die, do something about it” Golden Paladin said.

Having said that, the General of Peace gave a little tap on Star’s forehead. His strength made him fall to behind and Star Knight started to fell in the cliff. Golden just hoped that this method worked or else he had to intervene.

Star continued to fall. Now he understood what Golden Paladin had in mind. Star needed to do something to stop himself from falling. His first instinct was to use his wings, but they were really tied up. Then, he tried to use his magic, but it was not enough to stop him from falling or even slowing down. There was nothing he could do. Would Golden Paladin really help him from falling down? That doubt only made him even more nervous. His heart started bumping faster and faster from all the adrenaline, facing the thought he could die…

When Star found himself, he was in what appeared to be the basement of an industrial plant, with pipes, with some of them leaking, running along the ceiling and the floor, with the latter flooted.

“What?” Star asked, getting up.

He looked around and then Star heard a strong growl. The young alicorn prince followed the growl, walking through a particular corridor. The much Star followed the corridor, the more he could feel it. It was a feeling he had when he fought against the chimera. Arriving to the end of the corridor, Star found a great cage. That cage had a locked with the form of a swirl with golden chains over it.

“What is this?” Star asked.

But he already knew the answer to that question, although it appeared before him. The creature imprisoned in that cage, hidden in the shadows, showed its red eyes which glowed with an intense red glow. Facing that, Star became petrified in terror. It said:

“Come closer, little colt.”

Obeying, Star approached the cage, but the appearance of claws trying to force the exit from the cage, made him to retreat as a reflect.

“You don’t know how wonderful will be to kill and eat you” the creature said. “But this cursed cage confines me. It’s that abominable sealing spell from Golden Paladin.”

“You’re…” Star said. “You’re… You’re… the Nine-Tailed Fox… So this is where you are. To where Golden Paladin sealed you inside of me.”

“Why are you here, foolish colt?” Nine-Tails asked. “What do you want?”

While a little impressed with the fact he was facing the Nine-Tails, Star filled himself with confidence and said:

“Alright, listen me, studid fox. You’re in my body and you owe me rent. So, for payment, I’ll take your energy.”

There was a pause and then Nine-Tails simply laughed and said:

“Well, I suppose I can’t kill you, can I? After all, if you die, I die. Your courage impress me, little colt.”

From inside the cage, red energy get out through the water that filled the floor and got approached of Star Knight. Then, it simply bound Star with force.

“Very well, as a reward for making this far, I will lend you my energy!”

Star returned to the real world, and was still falling off the cliff, but this time he could feel the energy of Nine-Tails flowing inside of him. He charged his horn with magic, with his aura adopting the same color of the red energy of a Tailed Beast, along with his usual color. That aura crossed the rest of his body and the rope Golden Paladin used to tie his wings up simply fell apart, allowing Star to spread his wings. When he did that and started flying up, Star started flying with an immense speed, something he had never done, while leaving a red trail. Getting out of the cliff, he passed through Golden Paladin who was impressed with Star.

"Wow, it seems that this was a truly amazing result" he said, smiling.

Star remained flying for a while, enjoying the speed. He felt pretty good. He felt as if the energy of Nine-Tails allowed him to do things he normally wouldn't be able to do. It was then that he decided that was enough and prepared to land, doing it next to Golden Paladin.

"It seems that this method was a success" the General of Peace said.

"But I almost died, Golden" Star recalled.

"I wasn't going to let that to happen, young prince" Golden Paladin said. "But I had to make you think you were going to die to force you to use the power of Nine-Tails. And it looks like you did it."

"Yes... Although I would prefer that it simply showed up as it was with the chimera" Star said, remembering his encounter with Nine-Tails.

"What do you mean?" Golden Paladin asked.

"Nothing" Star replied, thinking it was better to keep his meeting with Nine-Tails for himself.

"Well, anyway, now you got access to the power of Nine-Tails, you should no longer have the difficulty to access it freely now" Golden Paladin said. "Although it is better to just do it in case of need. In addition, I believe that your magic has fortified after this. I'm sure that you'll be able now to do more advanced spells."

"Seriously?" Star asked. "Well, I'm eager to try them."

"But maybe not today" Golden Paladin said. "We already had too many emotions for a day, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention to your parents that I launched you into a cliff, okay?"

"Rest assured, Golden Paladin" Star said. "I won't tell anything."

"Thank you, Prince Star Knight" Golden Paladin said. "Well, let's go back to the castle."

And, having said that, he teleported himself and Star.

Watching all that through one of his mirrors and sitting on his throne was the Lord of Order. He had observed how Star met with Nine-Tails and how he had given some of his energy to the alicorn prince.

"It seems that the young Prince finally met Nine-Tails" the Lord of Order said. "It was about time. Good job, Golden. It is necessary that Star become more intimate with Nine-Tails. This may be the only way to stop my brother and his sick plan."

PreviousChapters Next