• Published 13th May 2016
  • 1,666 Views, 14 Comments

Star Knight and the Nine-Tailed Fox - Rakoon1



Star Knight will live his own adventure that is growing up with something evil inside of him whose power he will have to master if he wants to stop another plan of the Lord of Chaos to conquer the Pony Reality.

  • ...
28
 14
 1,666

PreviousChapters Next
Discuss Between Regents

In the villains' hideout in Arimaspi’s territory, Ulysses was walking back and forward, sometimes flying. Since his failure in capturing Eight-Tails, the Lord of Chaos had put him aside from everything that had to do with his plan to resurrect Ten-Tails, limiting him only to the hideout.

"I can't believe this is happening to me" he said. "I used to be a feared villain, one of the best. I even caught a Tailed Beast to him and that's how he pays me? Grounding me as if I was a hatchling? He should give me more value. As if any of the others wouldn’t be fooled by that Jinchuriki."

He then stopped, landing, and then continued:

"But I have to admit that my relationship with the Lord of Chaos is not very good right now. I'm just alive because that idiot siren convinced him to spare my life. I need to prove my worth, that I can still help him. But how can I do that?"

"I might have something that will interest you, master Ulysses" a voice said.

The griffon turned and saw what looked like a large venus flytrap emerging from the ground. It then opened up slightly, revealing bright green eyes.

"Petal Sprout, what are you doing here?" Ulysses asked.

"I just came to try to give you the opportunity to get a chance to shine before the Lord of Chaos" Petal Sprout replied. "After all, after being released from Tartarus and then from that tight prison-book, no villain caused greater impression than you. After all, you went from a mere bully to one of the top villains of the Lord of Chaos."

"If only he thought the same way as you."

"Maybe he can, if you do something to impress him."

"And what can I do to make that possible?" Ulysses asked.

"It was exactly what I came to tell you" Petal Sprout replied. "It's about to happen a summit between the regents of certain kingdoms of the Enchanted Forest and the Pony World, including the alicorn princess. Imagine how much the Lord of Chaos would be impressed if..."

"If I captured them for him?" Ulysses asked. "Are you crazy? The location of that summit must be filled with guards, not to mention that the regents should have brought their own bodyguards."

It was then that Ulysses could see Petal Sprout’s point.

"Wait, you're absolutely right" the griffon said. "Only a great villain would be able to infiltrate in this summit and try to capture all those regents, especially Princess Twilight. If I catch the owner of the original star seed, the Lord of Chaos will gain a clear advantage over his brother."

"But the Lord of Chaos cannot take the original star seed" Petal Sprout said. "It is protected."

"It doesn't matter" Ulysses answered. "Having the princess of the Light Kingdom in our power is an advantage by itself. He will learn to appreciate my efforts. Where is this summit happening?"

"In the Tower of Iron, in Trottinghan" Petal Sprout replied.

"Okay, so that's where I'm going" Ulysses said.

"I don't believe you're going to disobey the Lord of Chaos" a voice said.

Ulysses turned and faced Adagio.

"After all the work I had to convince him not to crush your heart, you will risk your miserable life just to impress our master?" she asked.

"And why do you care, Adagio?" Ulysses asked back. "I do with my life that I want."

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you get out of here" Adagio replied. "The orders of Lord of Chaos must be obeyed."

"So why don't you come with me" Ulysses said. "I’ll go to this summit no matter what and, if you want to fulfill your orders, I think you will have no other choice but to follow me."

And, having said this, he disappeared in a wave of darkness, while Petal Sprout went back underground. Adagio rolled her eyes and said:

"Why is he always doing the same thing?"

And she's also disappeared in a wave of darkness.

In Trottinghan, the summit had started.

“Then allow me to begin” Chief Strongpaw said. “Listen…”

“Well, well, well…” Hard Stone interrupted. “How the summits have changed. For now to include kingdoms which don’t even belong to the Enchanted Forest…”

“I have to agree with Hard Stone, Aspen” Godot agreed. “Mainly when you summon a fire-breathing lizard and a not-crowned-king griffon who is only here to replace his wife who didn’t have the courage to face me.”

"Without speaking that the dragon is quite young and inexperienced” Hard Stone added.

That really upset Gael and Spike, mainly the latter who asked:

“And what is that supposed to mean?”

“Please, King Godot, I don’t think insulting the other regents will be of any good to any of us” Celestia said.

“Precisely, we’re here to discuss important matters” Luna said.

Twilight, seeing that Spike was being affected by the others’ opinion about him, tried to give him an encouragement look to make him more comfortable.

“Princess Luna and Princess Celestia are quite right” Mystic Heart said. “Please, Godot and Hard Stone, don’t interrupt anymore. Please, continue, Chief Strongpaw.”

“I am a former Jinchuriki” Strongpaw said. “I was captured by Rothbart and he and the other villains, along with the Lord of Chaos, extracted the One-Tail from me. That’s why it is crucial we deal with this threat instead of staying in the defense. I sought the aid of other kingdoms, mainly the ones with a Jinchuriki, but, between those, only the Light Kingdom and Thicket have shown any support. Jinchuriki from all your kingdoms have been taken, but you didn’t do anything. In fact, if I’m counting right, it seems one of the kingdoms didn’t even care in appearing today.”

There was a pause and then Hard Stone said:

“The kingdoms with Jinchuriki can’t afford to alert others that their Jinchuriki were taken. That’s an embarrassment. Trying to rescue them is the norm. Nopony asks for help to other kingdoms when Jinchuriki disappear.”

“It seems some of the kingdoms of the Enchanted Forest is still bound by foolish outdated concepts” Strongpaw said.

“I agree with Strongpaw” Twilight said. “The Lord of Chaos is trying to use the power of the Tailed Beasts to his own proposes. We can’t just stick to old norms if they don’t stop the Jinchuriki from being taken. After all, some of the captured Jinchuriki are related to their respective regent. Isn’t that right, King Godot and Duke Kyrippos?”

Those two really were affected by Twilight’s comment. She didn’t like saying that, but Twilight really needed to open their eyes to the danger the Lord of Chaos was.

“Setting aside if those believes are outdated or not, I will acknowledge that, as queen of Evermist, I have delayed actions on this issue” Mystic Heart said. “I know that two Generals tried to rescue my Jinchuriki from the villain Grogar, but they failed. And other two tried to do the same with the one before.”

“Oh, she’s talking about me” Heartbeat whispered to Blue Sword.

“I became very cautious about the best way to act” Mystic Heart continued. “However, I don’t believe that having our Tailed Beasts stolen is a cause for an immediate alarm. After all, it takes significant skill, knowledge and time to achieve control over them, mainly such Tailed Beast as the Ten-Tails.”

“A Jinchuriki needs to mature along with their Tailed Beast to adapt to it” Hard Stone continued. “An even then control remains difficult. If doing so as Jinchuriki is that difficult, I can’t imagine without it. It is not a simple task. Wouldn’t you agree, Chief Strongpaw? And I think that General of Affection of yours would agree on that as well, Princess Twilight.”

Strongpaw remained impassive, but Heartbeat was completely furious about what Hard Stone had said about him.

“That old bag bones…” she said. “How he dares to talk about me like that?”

Sensing the ground under them starting to shake, Blue used his powers to make it stable and then told to Heartbeat:

“Calm down. You don’t want to break the ground under us in two, don’t you?”

“Just under that old geezer” Heartbeat replied.

“You’re older than him, remember?” Blue said.

“Just in age, not in body and mind” the General of Affection said.

“Very few have achieved full control over Tailed Beasts” Godot declared. “Beyond the Lord of Order, their creator, only a bunch of Jinchuriki has done such a feat, like the penult Jinchuriki of Three-Tails, as well as King Aspen’s younger brother Lord Hawthorn.”

Hearing about his brother, King Aspen’s anger started to rise out dangerously. Feeling that, Heartbeat said:

“Blue…”

“Yes, I know” he replied.

The other bodyguards felt the same and then, when King Aspen rose up, he exclaimed, while charging his horns with electricity:

ENOUGH OF THIS!

And he clashed them on the table, creating a great hole. By that time, the bodyguards of the respective regent had come forward to protect them. After some pause, Green Spear sighed and said:

“This is a place of discuss, so please refrain from any more behaviors that lack civility.”

“Blue, Heartbeat, stand down” Twilight said.

“Shining, you too” Cadance said.

“Flambeau, Ember, please” Spike asked.

“Arcing, it’s all right” Mystic Heart said.

The other regent said the same think to their bodyguards and they returned to their respective place, while Aspen returned to sit down.

“I’ve never seen King Aspen this upset” Blue said to Heartbeat.

“Well, he only gets this way when it comes to his family” she replied. “It’s not pretty to see, but at the same time is very exciting.”

“Now let’s continue our discussion” Green Spear said.

“There is a reason why I summoned kingdoms from the Pony World, even those who don’t have Jinchuriki” King Aspen said. “Even with me being the head king of the Enchanted Forest, the trust that I have with most of the other kingdoms is almost null. And I can understand why. After the fall of Falancia, some didn’t agree with my family taking charge. But I believe we could put everything aside to deal with a common foe. But only Equestria, Oldermrk, the Crystal Empire, the pony-panthers and the Light Kingdom have showed any support with each other and Thicket. Even Griffonstone, although hasn’t helped actively, provided us information about one of the villains.”

“One that escaped from their cell” Godot said. “But what could be expected from greedy griffons whose regents needs to use an idol to control them?”

“Griffonstone, as well as its inhabitants, has changed since King Guto ascended to the throne” Gael said. “I and my wife have been following his example, the same one that King Grover showed to us.”

“Yes, I know about King Grover” Godot said. “He was a great king who learned all those values from us. After all, he was raised in my kingdom.”

“Then you should see that Griffonstone is no longer what it used to be” Gael continued. “We now stand strong and unite. We don’t need the Idol of Boreas. It brought us together, but it is not what makes us remain that way. And, when you see that, maybe our two kingdoms can put their differences aside and forge ties of friendship.”

After hearing that, Godot remained silent.

“Perhaps we should focus on the ones present who don’t really have earned our trust?” Hard Stone said. “If trust is what you value the most, Aspen, then you shouldn’t have summoned a former villain. How can we trust in someone that a few years ago tried to froze all the Pony World?”

It was clear that he was talking about Ingrid. That made Celestia and Luna not become very happy.

“King Hard Stone, I believe you’re going too far…” Celestia started.

“No, it’s alright, Celestia” Ingrid said. “I understand his suspicious. I did fell under his influence. He made me hate my sisters and that hate drove me to lost control over my actions and powers. But thanks to Princess Twilight, I was able to release myself from that hate and now I live a very happy life my family. You have nothing to fear from me. Not at all.”

“If you all ready to attack my sister with her past, then you should have done the same with me, as I was also a villain” Luna said. “Although I can’t change what I did as Nightmare Moon, I did the best I could to compensate everypony for everything, and I know Ingrid did the same thing to compensate what she did as Snow Queen.”

“Well, I am more concerned about other much more destructive threat” Kyrippos said. “The dragons have always been rogue and untamed. Only the Dragon King and the Dragon Lord are able to control them. The former king was responsible for causing a war between ponies and dragons and the former lord, after the imprisonment of the king, didn’t bother to take responsibility and continued to ignore all the chaos they did after. Why should we expect anything from some teenager who barely can control his kind.”

“I may be young and king for a very short period of time” Spike said. “But I can ensure that I and my Dragon Lord are doing our best to take the dragon kind to a new beginning. We even have the support of Lord Torch, the former Dragon Lord. He understands our kind needs to change and entrusts that to us.”

“Duke Kyrippos, I understand your reservations about dragons” Celestia said. “But not every dragon are the same.”

“Not even ponies are the same” Luna said. “Some are good and others are… less good. If that applies to ponies, why not to dragons?”

“I know Spike since he hatched” Twilight told. “I was the one who raised him and he is like a little brother to me. He stood by my side in most of the trouble I ever faced and is a very good friend. I have completely faith in his ability to lead the dragon kind.”

“Thanks, Twi” Spike thanked, what Twilight replied with a nod.

“I have to second Twilight” Cadance said. “Spike helped me recover and save the Crystal Empire from King Sombra. He is a hero to the crystal ponies. I believe this, among all the other things it was said, allow us to trust in him.”

Another pause and the Mystic Heart gave a little chuckle.

“What’s so funny, Mystic Heart?” Hard Stone asked.

“I know realized another reason for Aspen to summon all of us” she replied. “He wanted to show us how we should be united like the kingdoms of the Pony World. Isn’t that right, Aspen?”

He made a slight smile and said:

“You’re really very perspective, Mystic Heart.”

“What is the meaning of this, Aspen?” Hard Stone asked.

“Yeah, we want to know” Godot seconded.

“As you all know, the Enchanted Forest, in the past, was devastated by the war between all of its kingdoms that sought the leadership of the realm” Aspen said. “Until it was decided that Falancia would be the main kingdom. After its fall, Thicket was chosen to take its place until its releasement from evil. Although no dispute happened, it was clear that some of your kingdoms didn’t become happy with that. Godot, Aeropolis is located at the highest point of the Enchanted Forest. Your kingdom is known to be the home of not only griffons, but also ponies. I know you enjoy harmony and peace, but you don’t seek to connect with other kingdoms. Hard Stone, you’ve been always the most problematic.”

“Be careful with your words, Aspen” advised Hard Stone.

“I’m simply telling the truth” Aspen replied. “You cut almost completely any connection to other kingdoms, mainly because of pride. Or maybe because of other reason, even waiting for an opportunity to make Stonult greater than any other kingdom.”

Hard Stone didn’t say anything, remaining with a stoic face. Then, Aspen turned to Mystic Heart and said:

“And you, Mystic Heart, since you became queen, your kingdom started to open up with others, including Thicket, and I’m very happy that our respective kingdoms have found a very good relationship. However, your secrecy is a little… uneasy.”

“Well, every kingdom has its secret, but I admit we from Evermist can take that to the extreme" Evermist said.

“I think maybe I have been too comfortable behind my walls” Godot admit.

“Perhaps you’re right…” Hard Stone grumbled.

Green Spear cleared his throat and then said:

“I would like to say this as the captain of the guard of Trottinghan. The Lord of Chaos is a being that has lived since the beginning of everything and reading the times is something that is innate to him. He was able to take advantage of all the suspicion that each of you have for each other to capture all of your Jinchuriki without having you to meet and join forces. But we can change that into a blessing. Until the threat of Lord of Chaos’ plan is no longer, I suggests that you form an united force.”

“I see…” Celestia said. “It’s a splendid idea.”

“Indeed, sister” Luna replied. “We’re in an emergency.”

“Yes, collaboration is crucial now” Cadance said.

The other regents seemed to agree with that.

“In order to do that, a standardized chain of command will also be ideal so chaos can be avoided” Green Spear continued.

“All right, and who do you propose to be in charge to this united force?” Hard Stone asked.

“Well, I don’t want to take any side, but I can give you my honest opinion” Green Spear. “I could suggest Princess Twilight, as her kingdom is the one that possesses the last Jinchuriki, the one containing Nine-Tails. Furthermore, Princess Twilight has already defeated the Lord of Chaos in person. But I have another better candidate.”

At the great foyer, guards were standing guard. Hiding in the shadows behind a pillar, were Ulysses and Adagio.

“Where is Petal Sprout?” Adagio asked. “He was with us just now?”

“Don’t worry about him” Ulysses said. “He’s just doing his part.”

“I don’t like the way you say that” Adagio said. “Mainly when we’re in a place full of guards.”

“Then you shouldn’t have come” Ulysses replied.

Adagio didn’t replied, finding their current situation a little delicate.

At the room where the summit was happening, Green Spear continued what he was saying:

“I believe that, between the presents here, Princess Celestia is a better candidate. She’s a very wise and capable leader, beyond the fact that she has a lot of experience in dealing with the Lord of Chaos’ horde of villains.”

“Yes, it’s a good choice” Twilight agreed. “Princess Celestia is perfect for that position.

Luna, Ingrid, Cadance and Spike nodded in agreement and some of the other regents seemed to be of the same opinion.

“I feel very flattered that you think all that of me” Celestia said. “However, as much tempting that offer is…”

But before she could finish, what seemed to be a big bub appeared in the middle of the room, opening and revealing a white pony that looked like a plant.

“Well, hello there!” he exclaimed.

PreviousChapters Next