• Published 4th Apr 2016
  • 991 Views, 7 Comments

Heart of Stone: Recovery Light - TheCrimsonDM



Three months after the windigo war ends, Trixie and Maud find themselves caring for a damaged Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
5
 7
 991

Epilogue: Amber's Light

Heart of Stone: Recovery Light

Epilogue: Amber’s Light

Written by TheCrimsonDM

Eleven months later, back in Ponyville and at Trixie’s home. She lay on her side on top of a sheet in the kitchen floor covered in sweet, as both Fluttershy and Valiant were at her rear with their hooves out. Maud stayed by Trixie’s head, holding it under her lap while squeezing her hoof tightly.

“Push,” Fluttershy said.

“Breathe,” Valiant added.

Trixie did just that, and although the medication took away almost all of the pain she still felt it as her insides were being ripped apart by something huge passing through her. “MAUD!”

Maud squeezed tighter. “It’s okay, Fluttershy’s got a license and Valiant is very knowledgeable.”

“VALIANT IS A FILLY STARING AT MY COOCH!”Trixie screamed. She took a few shallow breaths in quick secession and screamed again.

“It’s almost here, you can do it,” Fluttershy promised.

“I killed AN URSA!” Trixie cried. “Of course I can do it. IT STILL HURTS!”

For a moment, Trixie’s heart stopped and she was terrified that she was about to die. A bright amber light emitted from her rear, so bright that it was almost blinding. The pain doubled and she felt it move out of her. A moment later the pain vanished and Trixie’s head dropped against Maud’s lap. Her breathing was hard, heavy, and she felt like passing out.

In Fluttershy’s legs there was a tiny filly, with a tiny soft nub on her forehead. The pink fur matched Pinkie’s own, and the purple mane looked like it was a fit for Maud’s, there was however a single red stripe running through the mane and tail. The filly cried out and Trixie’s heart swelled with pride.

Fluttershy gently gleaned off the foal before laying it down on a blanket next to Trixie. Trixie looked down into her baby’s eyes and felt hot tears flowing down the side of her face. She sniffled.

“Congratulations, Misses Lulamoon and Misses Pie, you two have a newborn filly,” Fluttershy said with a smile.

Trixie gingerly wrapped a leg around the filly and pulled her close. Maud smiled down at her. “I’m glad we did home birth.”

“Me too.”

Valiant raised a hoof. “Why did it get bright?”

Fluttershy answered. “Unicorn foals can do some weird things as they enter our beautiful new world.”

Trixie kissed the top of the filly’s head. “I have a name now.”

“What is it?” Maud asked.

“Amber Light.”

“Amber Light,” Maud purred. “I like that.”

Fluttershy giggled. “Now comes the best part of homebirth. You two get to teach her how to walk! D-don’t worry, if you need help I am here to offer advice. This is my fourth time doing this after all.”

Trixie smiled. “We get to see her first steps, honey. We get to help her. As a family.”

Maud leaned over and kissed Trixie on the forehead. “As a family.”

The End

Comments ( 3 )

I can only say thank you for giving a só beautiful story. Thanks a lot.

7107991 Your very welcome, and thank you very much for the sweet comment. That just made my day. XD

Login or register to comment