• Published 8th Mar 2016
  • 868 Views, 26 Comments

Empress of flame (year one edition) - Pathious



Sunset shimmer has no choice but to face an internal evil inside her upon returning to Equestria . When she fails she unleashes an untamed flame. A Demonic entity that wants more than is initially known.

  • ...
9
 26
 868

The End

Empress felt emotions she had never entirely felt before. Her whole world was changing and she had to help her own enemy. Empress felt as an energy started to consume her body. Time was starting to bend with her magic as her eyes were shifting colors rapidly. Empress was learning things she had locked away in her mind for years. The memories of her life and who she really was deep down were swelling in her mind. All this emotion was fueling her power as emotions always had. Three mists were now at her side. One was rainbow dash the other was Applejack. Lastly Discords essence was now with her. Floating beside her as if ready to help fuel her. Celestia took notice almost instantly due to the power radiating from the one who was now slowly floating to the ground. A yellow light started to come from her bat like wings as her bright side started to combine with her infamous casual look. Empress was crying as she floated down. Twilight could also feel the emotion coming from her. Empress was happy yet tears streamed down her cheeks. Empress had finally found a reason to change. Twilight was her reason to change.

"whats happening to her?" Celestia muttered to her sister, in some kind of hope she would know. Luna was as clueless as she was. Twilight could feel Celestia's magic weakening due to her now distracted mind. Unfortunately Celestia's unfocused mind was till more powerful then her own. Empress looked over at Celestia as her eyes had now changed completely. The whites were a vibrant gold color while her irises were a cyan as always. her pupils were also a shade of gold.

"Celestia goddess of sun." Empress said as the three mists now slowly seeped into her skin powering her more. She landed and her demonic wings flapped kicking up dirt and sand. "Let Twilight go or you will be forced to." Empress said as clear distress and anger was in her voice.

"what are you going to do to make me?" Celestia said as she seemed surprised by Empresses tone. "You are the one who has corrupted this mares mind." Celestia said to try and anger Empress even more than she currently was. Celestia had hoped for this, even if the reason was currently unknown. Celestia had her own dark secrets that she was not yet willing to show. Empress was clearly getting angry. A red mist was now resonating from her.

"I give you fair warning. I have the capabilities to make you and i know you can feel this." Empress thought momentarily. "Let me show you where your actions are going to take this." Empress said as time slowed down around them and the future was laid out before them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Empress and Celestia stood alone in darkness with the world in the dark backdrop. Empress flapped her wings and in that moment a blast exploded from the surface of the planet.

"Our world is going to be eviscerated if you make me your prime focus. i cans top it but you need to let Twilight go." Empress stated firmly. Celestia smiled and seemed nearly unfazed.

"You think i don't understand this. I know all about this, Empress i don't think you understand i know way more than you understand." Celestia chuckled as her wings spread slowly.

Empress growled as she made the world shift back to reality. "I see you give little to no care towards your own impending doom. Not even the thought of loss to everything fazes you?" Empress let one tear roll down her cheek as she thought about the future and what was in store. Even she had more of a heart than Celestia was showing. Empress shook her head in a manor that showed she was growing very aggravated. Empress slowly shifted to her completely evil look once again as she looked up at Celestia her eyes were now nothing but black sockets as all her teeth were razor sharp. Empress had grown to a state of impatience that was really dangerous. She spread her wings and they were more torn and ripped up. She flapped her wings and the portal appeared behind her. Celestia spread her own wings ready to battle. Luna flew at Empress from the side as if to surprise attack her. Empress didn't even look and she knew exactly what was coming. Empress made the Xenomorph like tail appear once again and it stabbed Luna directly in the right should pinning her to the ground. Twilight screamed out as she saw the lunar princess be taken down so easily. Luna was not dead just emobilized as Empress held her down with her deadly tail. Celestia filled with anger releasing Twilight with her magic to shoot a powerful beam of energy at Empress. Empress held out a hoof and the beam collided with her hoof as she used magic to hold Celestia's beam back from hitting her.

"Empress how dare you bring pain to a royal." Celestia said as she put fourth more power causing Empress to slide back slightly.

"your going to die with no one to love you and no one to cry." Empress said as she growled using her magic to push back. Celestia then ramped up her power to her full capability. Empress slid back more but still managed to keep the beam from hitting her. Empress had the slyist of smiles on her face now. She was more powerful than Celestia herself and frankly this made her more mad in her mind. Empress used her horn and grabbed Celestia with her magic. Celestia was caught of guard and her magic was starting to power down as crystals started to form on her horn. Empress Tossed Celestia onto the ground. She had death in her eyes. She was going to hurt Celestia and badly. Empress hovered over Celestia as the portal to the otherworld seemed to be stabilizing. Empress was about to deliver a finishing blow to Celestia when a spear went straight through her chest from behind. empress let out a blood curdling scream as her image flashed from Sunset to Empress several times as she screamed out. Empress fell to the ground as the spear remained in her chest. The pony who had delivered the killing blow was none other than Twilight herself. Empress felt tears swelling upon seeing her.

"you made me do this~!" Twilight yelled as she fell to her knees.

"Right from the start you were a thief you stole my heart." Empress said as she felt blood fill her mouth. "And i.. your willing victim." She started to cry as she put a hoof on the rod sticking straight through her chest. "I wanted to change and you were fixing me Twilight." She groaned and nearly lost consciousness. "I never wanted this, i wanted you, Sunset wanted you."

"you were going to end what i cared for, you made me do this."

"Nopony can make you do anything. Your choices are what define you. i did define myself as nothing but a hideous monster. b-but i felt love... i saw hope for myself in your eyes. I saw i was something, i saw i could be something. I wasn't able to change." She looked at Celestia who was holding another spear now. empress gave a grin as she saw what was coming. "Twilight i want you to not remember Sunset like this. Remember her for the vibrant soul she was before me." Empress cried out as she felt the pain in her chest. Empresses dark eyes looked up as a spear head thrust forward directly into her face as everything went white. The last thing she heard uttered from Twilight were the word i love you Empress opened her eyes to see she was surrounded by white. She knew she was dead, there was nothing left. Thats was roughly when she felt something firmly grasp her shoulder. She looked back to See a hazy image of Discord and the others she had killed standing there. Discord was holding out a hand to her.

"Hello my dear, I know what you did killed me, but i will not hold grudges. Ones love is something that is strong a thing that causes someone to do things drastic. I do not hate you for this. I forgive you." He said with a smile as he looked to rainbow as he faded.

"I died painfully and in vein, but you did what you felt you had to do to protect yourself. I don't hate you i forgive you" Dash said as she faded as AJ walked through her.

"Painful it was but i forgive you. You are not a monster at least not anymore. Your with us now. your with us and you are forgiven. You are a beautiful mare who wanted to be loved. you had steered in the wrong direction but i do not blame you. We forgive you, so common sugar come with us." Aj said gesturing with her head for Empress to follow. Discord reappeared hugging empress.

"Ponies judged me once for my nature yet i held true knowing i had friends who knew i wasn't the monster i thought i used to be." he said in his deep voice. "You are no different, you have been misunderstood and now you are going to be put to rest for the world never got to witness what you were capable of. I forgive you empress. your......loved." Empress hugged back as a tear slowly went down her cheek as it fell it reflected the life of Sunset shimmer. the love she felt and the things she cared for. When it hit the ground empress and the others had faded. You died but you are loved dear empress. Your empress of a dying flame. Died but not forgotten. you...are.. loved.

Author's Note:

this chapter i hope you feel how i feel for empress i hope you all to will see she wasn't always so bad. She was a piece of work and was nothing but a monster. For those who have stuck by me through the series and up to this anniversary. i thank you. You all watched as i developed my character Empress. She derived from something cannon and became something so much more. i wouldn't have gotten here without you all. Thank you.

Comments ( 1 )

Beautiful a, and your welcome.

Login or register to comment