• Published 8th Mar 2016
  • 868 Views, 26 Comments

Empress of flame (year one edition) - Pathious



Sunset shimmer has no choice but to face an internal evil inside her upon returning to Equestria . When she fails she unleashes an untamed flame. A Demonic entity that wants more than is initially known.

  • ...
9
 26
 868

The apple of my eye

Empress sat in her new throne levitating the crystal heart. She had ultimately became momentarily bored with herself. She had dreamed of this moment since her original defeat in the human world. Ever since Sunset was foolish enough to ignore her. Empress knew deep down that she would soon find her next take over, until then she was sitting in her crystal throne having Cadence bring her drinks. Discord was stoned behind her in a decorative pose. Empress was rather delighted upon the sense of magic entering her facility. Upon this sense, Twilight sparkle had entered the throne room. several guards had her restrained a muzzle around her snout as chains cling close to her. Empress smiled and chuckled slightly.

"what terrible manors my guards have chaining your essence up like this." Her eyes began to glow and the chains disappeared. "Guards please leave for i feel princess wishes to negotiate." The guards simply nodded as they walked away. The large door closed behind them as Twilight then looked at Empress.

"I know what you want, i am here to talk about your wants. All i ask is you release the hold you have upon my friend Sunset and my family." Twilight said in a shaking voice. "You want things and so do i, there is no reason we can't compromise." Empress gave a deadpan expression to the princess as she listened to her statement.ess fluttered her demonic wings briefly as she then filed with excitement.

“Princess I have to hoof it to ya. You really do think you have it all figured out. Let me guess you want to compromise a portion of Equestria for the release of your friends and family. Let me have you know Equestria is not what I want.” Twilight heard her words and immediately drifted into a state of confusion.

“w-what, you clearly stated before that you wanted Equestria. You were so keen on that idea.” Twilight slowly spread her wings in anger as she felt she was being tricked. “What do you want if no Equestria?” Empress looked into Twilights eyes as she heard her request for information.

“I will admit that yes my original plans were for Equestria alone. Then I realize exactly what I wanted.” She stomped her right hoof causing the sparking portal to become visible. “That other world had caused me so much hurt as well.” Empress said as her eyes were glowing slightly with the anger she felt. The source of her power becoming more and more apparent as Twilight was in the room. Empress derived directly from the emotions Sunset Shimmer was feeling. Anger appeared to be the one that had brought her fourth in the first place. Empress felt another presence in the throne room.

Upon feeling this Luna and the main six had walked out with armor upon they’re bodies.

“Empress of flame you are here by arrested for your crimes against Equestria.” Luna stated as she looked at her consumed friend. The one that if she had just warned Twilight about, maybe none of this would have happened. Empress growled upon hearing those words, she sure felt deceived.

“Thou are here to arrest me?” Empress said as her wings flapped once, remaining at full aggressive spread now. Empress was feeling nothing but pure rage. “I hope you know I will not be taken easily~!” she flapped her wings causing the magical reducing crystals to form a small dome around Twilight so she could not join this fight. She knew if they didn’t have their element of magic she would stand more of a chance. Twilight screamed out as from inside the dome memories of Rainbow dash played from inside. Dark magic holding her in here against her will. Luna teared up as she drew a sword from a holster. Empress smiled as her eyes turned completely black. A red crystal scythe appeared in her bubbling magic aura. “I hope you are as powerful as you demi gods claim to be~!” Empress tapped the staff of the weapon on the ground causing fire to start to form around her.

“I will do everything I can to take care of this like I should have to begin with.” Luna said as she used her magic to dim the flames Empress had created. Magic started to form in an aura as she made the sword disappear. “I will fight you magically~!” Luna said as she made the scythe disappear. Empress had caused Luna to do just as she had wanted her to. Without weapons Empress could not get as badly hurt. She wouldn’t have to focus energy as often on her impressive healing. Discords statue began to bleed from where she had stabbed him as a red flashing light of magic was coming from his chest.

“I manage to win against the god of chaos, I think I have proved myself worthy enough to take you on Luna.” Empress said as her hooves began to glow in a magic aura now as well. Empress began to float slightly off the ground when Luna sent her first magical attack. Luna had sent a mind bender at Empress. The spell hit her directly sending flashes of any memory Empress might have to distract her. Some kind of memory had hit her and this caused her to groan in pain as if something had slammed down on her neck. Black smoke began to leak from the corners of her eyes and nose. Her fangs grew much bigger as she was hurt physically by whatever had just happened to her in her memory. Empress began to tear up after this memory. She wasn’t some monster with no feelings. Whatever she had seen was causing her grave emotional pain. “I was t-to young” Empress said as she lowered her head it seemed she may have already submitted defeat. Luna let her guard down as she approached her.

“You can’t keep running from a past as colorful as yours.” Luna said spreading her wings attempting to sway the mare into admitting defeat. Empress looked up at Luna with a new pair of eyes. It was not sunset’s eyes nor the eyes she usually had. Some pair of grey eyes stared back at Luna. The eyes unfortunately quickly shifted back to the dark entities they were before as anger shifted. Luna saw the attack coming but was not quick enough to get out of the way. The tail that had killed Discord was now headed to penetrate Luna right in the stomach. Apple jack had bravely taken it instead. She quickly got between Empress and the princess. The sound was blood curdling. The tail entered horrifically causing Apple jack to let out a scream of large amounts of pain. Empress tossed her aside and teleported to the mirror as she now held Twilight with magic. Twilight had been teleported from the dome empress had created. Twilight screamed out as she was pulled into the portal with Empress. Luna looked down at the bleeding mare.

“Apple j-jack” Luna said in a shaking voice.

“Oh yeah that hurts much worse than I had originally expected.” AJ cough as she laid nearly motionless on the ground.

“Thou should not have sacrificed their life for me.” Luna said as tear began to fill her eyes. “Oh AJ please stay.” Luna said as she laid down by the orange mare. An orange mist began to pour out of Apple jack as her eyes glazed over. Memories were displayed in this mist much like a movie. Apple jack was holding Twilight only to assure her that if she let go she would be ok. Another memory flashed to see how she had broken the meaning of her own element only to later call out the flim flam brothers in there game of lies. The most depressing memories flash by as the memories of AJ’s parents whom had died early flashed before the ponies in the room. A blue mist had suddenly appeared by the orange mist. The memories stopped as the two mists dissipated slowly as they combined. Before they were fully gone the mists had formed the image of Apple jack being hugged by Rainbow dash. Luna felt nothing but sadness as her friend was gone. Pinkie was holding AJ close crying hard. Fluttershy could hardly keep herself together as she saw her friend’s life leave. Luna closed her eyes as she felt a hand of some sort touch her hoof that was placed on AJ’s chest. Luna opened her eyes to see a colorful mist in the form of discord himself. He looked at her as his hand began to glow. His eyes a pure gold color as he looked at the princess of the night. Discord started to glow as the orange mist was summoned before him. He had failed to help Rainbow but he felt he had to try and not fail again. That was when a snap was heard and Applejacks eyes shot open as she gasped for air. Upon the snapping sound Discord had disappeared the statue glowing behind them.