• Published 8th Mar 2016
  • 868 Views, 26 Comments

Empress of flame (year one edition) - Pathious



Sunset shimmer has no choice but to face an internal evil inside her upon returning to Equestria . When she fails she unleashes an untamed flame. A Demonic entity that wants more than is initially known.

  • ...
9
 26
 868

Dead Heat

Saddle Arabia was a place of much sand. There were not many places one could hide. Especially from a demonic entity seeking world domination. The crystal portal was sitting in the sand for it was randomly appearing places now as it was overloading with power. Twilight flew out face planting into the sand as the relentless empress walked out after her.

"I should have known you would abandon her yet again, you do nothing for her. You shut her out like i knew you would~!" Empress said as smoke was coming out of her nose. Twilight was mad as it was. She wasn't about to be pushed around now that she had her magic.

"You know nothing about how i feel for Sunset. She's my friend, your using her for your selfish needs." Twilight stated in an angered voice. "For this i will make sure your plan falls." Twilight said as her eyes were glowing in a bright aura of white.

"i would like to see you try dear, i defeated Discord what makes you think your small purple ass will stand a chance." Empress said as she flapped her wings once, causing sand to fly up and around her momentarily

"your in for it, you will not succeed. You have caused the death of two of my friends, but the magic of Friendship still lives." Twilight said standing her ground against a very possible end.

"Twilight please, there is no need to fight me when you can simply join me. Do something for Sunset." Empress said as she appeared to be doing all she could to prevent the fight. That was when her halo eyes saw the other princesses land beside Twilight.

"Empress of flame, this is the end this is where you fall." Celestia said as she got in a fighting stance. Empress had tears in her eyes and she was worried as she saw the princesses. Empress had yet to show any form of worry or fear. She sure was showing it now.

"N-no y-you can't. you don't understand what i'm doing. Can't you see Celestia is your true enemy here?" Empress said as she started to shake lightly. The princesses noticed she was shrinking and turning back into Sunset shimmer, who quickly collapsed to the ground. Sunset shimmer lay in the dry sand completely unconscious. The only things remaining of Empress were her wings and eyes which were on Sunset now. Twilight rushed to her side as her magic stopped flowing and her guard was down. Twilight got down next to her and upon touching sunset her eyes lit up into a white aura and she was sent into a vision.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was in a world of darkness and a pony with wings of light was floating in front of her. The pony had a red stripe around her eyes and a rather vibrant white dress.

"Hello twilight." The pony said as she remained floating infront of Twi.

"w-who are you, where am i?" Twilight asked as she saw nothing but the bright pony and darkness around her.

"I am good that is all you need to know, Empress is near you need to get Sunset away from the princesses. Nothing is as it seems." The pony said as she looked down upon Twilight

"w-what why? Celestia only wants to help?" Twilight said as confusion started to sink in.

"she means worse, She does not want to help our friend here. She wishes to bring harm, Sunset and her have a past with no time to explain exactly what. All i can say to you is take Sunset and run~!"

Twilight came back to reality to see a slightly conscious Sunset now looking at her. Her coat was clearly slowly turning a rose color once again as empress was rising back to surface. a ball of light was around twilight it was a sphere of light. Twilight saw a guard in the distance throw a spear in her direction. The spear went right through the sphere. The sharp end stabbing Sunset right in her upper shoulder. Sunset felt the pain surge through her body. Tears immediately filled her black eyes. She looked down to see the spear in her leg. She looked forward and she felt like time slowed down. Another spear was breaking through the sphere of light and headed directly for her face. Sunset began to instantly turn into a form she had once tried so hard to hold back. Within an instant Sunset turned from herself into the Empress of Flame. The spear was inches from slamming into her face when it began to melt. The glowing ball around her went completely black. All of the glowing essence had disappeared. The sphere baa to crumble into ash as Empress quickly flew out of it. Her massive wings knocking one of the guards nearby out of the sky. Empress was then being quickly pursued by the rest of the squadron that had mysteriously arrived. Empress knew she couldn't out fly these stallions. She also knew they were bent on killing her and sunset.


"Forgive me for what I'm about to do." Empress said to herself as she looked back at the guards behind her. "Give me your best shot~!" She quickly turned around as her horn glowed forcing fire at them like a flame thrower. Empress was grazed by a spear on her side as one guard managed to get by the flame as others were forced to fly back. She felt her darker blood start to drip a little. Empress turned and chased after the stallion who had managed to wound her. She tackled the guard out of the sky. Empress had her mouth around his neck as she and him began to plummet to the ground. Twilight spread her wings and flew after the plummeting ponies. Celestia saw this and used her magic to stop twilight. Twilight struggled as the magic aura held her back. Empress gained her balance but let the other pony fall. Empress saw twilight struggle. Was she going to become a good girl and save her or leave her to be punished?