• Published 20th Feb 2016
  • 1,343 Views, 38 Comments

A New World, a New Way: The Rogue Legendary - Dolphy Blue Drake



Salintra's new Champion defied Arceus when he tried to take the Legendary Pokémon, Giganoth from him. But Giganoth is the Guardian of Humanity, and she'll protect them from anything, even Arceus. This is the tale of their journey through Equestria

  • ...
9
 38
 1,343

Chapter 7: The Mechanical Vessel

Jason yawned and stretched, finding it was dark out. His watch read that it was four AM.

Deciding to let Nancy and Audrey stay asleep, Jason carefully left the building for the empty streets of the sleeping town.

What should we do? He thought to himself. Adam seems eager to help, but we’d need to find his employees, first. Wherever they are. Probably also somewhere in this huge desert.

“Big Brother?” a voice suddenly spoke up, cutting into his thoughts.

“Audrey? Why are you up so early?” Jason asked, surprised to see his little sister also awake.

“Not just me,” Audrey replied. “Nancy’s up, too. Just give her a minute. We’re awake because of when we fell asleep yesterday. It was late in the afternoon.”

“Ugh, I’m still a bit tired,” Nancy groaned as she exited the building as well. “And we slept for eleven hours!”

“Jason, I’m sorry to interrupt,” Glitterwing’s voice said as the Net Ball on Jason’s belt suddenly opened, allowing the moth to join them, her wings once again indicating she was fully charged. “But we have a problem.”

“What would that be?” Jason asked nervously.

“I can sense my brothers’ powers. More accurately, Donalyra’s. He’ll be able to track me no matter where we are. I think we’re about to come to blows soon. Thankfully, I can also sense that he’s currently recharging from something. But as soon as he’s up to it, he’ll be heading for us. I think we should speed up our actions and get to work finding Adam Boom’s employees right now. I know Vision Inc. is full of sharp minds and hard workers. They should be able to develop something for me to store my powers of restoration into so we’ll be able to move around. If we stay here for much longer, well… The other Salintran Legendaries are far from being pushovers, and you had gotten us ready for capturing the others to complete the Dex. Not duel against multiples at once.”

Jason gulped, then turned to his sister, then to his rival.

“So, you all ready, then?” he asked before adding, “It might be best if we split up to cover more ground.”

“I’m ready,” Nancy replied, her jaw set. “What about you, Audrey?”

“Let’s do this!” Audrey replied before throwing out a Pokéball. “Unfezant! Come on out!”

The Normal/Flying-type emerged from her Pokébal, stretched as Audrey climbed on her back, and then they were off without a word.

Nancy released her Staraptor from her Ball in a similar manner before climbing on her back, also leaving for the sky.

“Okay, Glitterwings, let’s go,” Jason said determinedly. “We’ve got some scientists to find.”

Glitterwings nodded as Jason climbed on her back, then they also took off.


After an hour of scanning the desert very carefully, Audrey and Unfezant still were unable to find any signs of any Pokémon.

“Audrey?” Unfezant asked, “I think we might’ve taken a pointless direction.”

“No, we have to keep going,” Audrey replied with a shake of her head before addressing one of the Pokémon on her belt. “By the way, thanks for the translator, Bontor.”

“Don’ mention it, missy,” the Fire/Psychic-type’s voice replied from inside his own habitat. It’s a mite tougher with mah Pokéball in the way, but Ah know Unfezant can’t carry both of us an’ still have room for anyone we pick up.”

“Back on topic,” Unfezant sighed. “Audrey, there hasn’t been a single—”

“Down there!” Audrey suddenly exclaimed, pointing at a tall, thin, human-shaped Pokémon with pale purple skin, blonde hair, a body that resembled a long red gown, and rather large lips.

“What’s an Avalips doing out here?” Unfezant wondered as they watched the Ice/Psychic-type dragging herself along the ground, apparently in pain from the heat of the desert sands.

“I don’t know, but we should check it out,” Audrey suggested.

“Fine, let’s talk to her,” Unfezant sighed. “She is a Psychic-type, and she’s the final stage in the Smoochum line, so that makes her definitely smart and powerful.”

“Excuse me?” Audrey called out as they reached the Pokémon, who stared up at them with a dazed and pained look on her face.

“A human,” the Avalips muttered, “I must be seeing a mirage, all of us got turned into Pokémon.”

“Um, miss? I’m no mirage,” Audrey said gently. “I only recently returned to being human with the help of Giganoth.”

The former human nodded, too exhausted to even ask how that was possible. All she said was, “So hot… Only able to move at night… And even then, it’s still hot. Why did Arceus make me an Ice-type and dump me in a desert?”

“I don’t know,” Audrey admitted. “But,” she broke into a gentle smile. “We’re looking for Adam Boom’s employees. He showed up at where we’re staying yesterday, and he needs his assistants to help him. He has a plan to help Giganoth restore humans at a faster rate.”

“Wait, Mr. Boom?” the former human gasped in shock. “I’m his chief lab technician!” She shakily pulled herself to her feet and stood up. “Please take me to him!” she pleaded. “I’ll help in any way I can!”

“Sure,” Audrey said as she made room on Unfezant’s back to carry a second passenger. “Come with us. What’s your name, miss?”

“Heather Nichols,” the Avalips replied as they took off again, heading back to town. “And how can you still understand me? Also, how are you human?”

“Well, I can understand you because I have a Bontor with me on my belt,” Audrey replied. “He’s supporting a Psychic translator. As for why I'm human again, I had help from the legendary Pokémon, Giganoth. It'd be easier to have her explain it."

“Ah, of course. I'll wait until I can talk to her for a better explanation.” Heather said, nodding in understanding. “So, since he’s still aware, that means you’re a Salintran, right? Before the… incident, the 100% perfectly humane Pokéball was still only being manufactured in Salintra.”

“Yep! I’m Audrey Turner, from Scarletstone Town!” Audrey replied. “I was—”

“Oh! You’re a former Champion!” Heather gasped. “Even a former Champion is a highly-respected individual! Everyone knows your brother took the title from you only an hour after you earned it, but I heard the battle with the Champion before you, Oliver Johnson, was quite intense!”

“Oh, it was!” Audrey replied. “His team of Light-types was far from easy to defeat! His Serageist was especially incredibly difficult to beat! Not to mention that he Mega Evolved her as soon as he sent her out! Ghost/Light is a really annoying type combo to deal with.”


“Nancy, every Pokémon we’ve run into so far was always a Pokémon!” Staraptor huffed. “Even that Exorvose actually managed to reach her final stage all on her own! And the Exoran line takes what feels like an eternity to reach the third stage, and that’s with a Trainer’s help!”

“We just have to keep looking,” Nancy countered. There’s gotta be some former humans around here somewhere.”

Spotting a Magmortar, they swooped down to speak with him, causing him to jump when he saw Nancy.

“How are you still human?” he started to ask before shaking his head. “Bob, she's probably a mirage. And even if she somehow isn't, you won’t get an answer out of her. She can’t understand—”

“Um, sir? I can understand you,” Nancy cut in, surprising the obviously former human. "And before you ask, I'm human again because of the Legendary Pokémon Giganoth. She'd be far better at explaining how I got my human form back than I am, though."

“How can you understand me?’ the former human named Bob asked, still confused as to how Audrey got her humanity back, but willing to wait for an explanation.

“I have a Glitreon on my team,” Nancy explained. “He may not be as good at it as Psychic-types, but he has a translator set up for us.”

At that moment, a Pokéball on Nancy’s belt opened of its own accord, letting out a white fox-like Pokémon with a prismatic gem on his forehead, pure gold eyes, a gold ring at the base of each floppy ear, and a coat that, thought pure white, sparkled in seven colors, just like the gem on his forehead.

“Hello, sir,” Glitreon said with a voice that seemed to emanate peace, “Is my translator up to your standards? I apologize, but our team lacks an actual Psychic-type.”

“Well, since she can understand me…” the Magmortar nodded. “It’s good enough for this to work out. I might as well introduce myself, then. I am Bob Foreman, Chief designer for Vision Inc.”

“Well, you’re in luck,” Nancy informed him. “We’re out here looking specifically for Vision Inc. employees. The Legendary Pokémon, Giganoth, is on the side of the former humans, and she is trying to restore everyone who wants to be human again. Your employer, Adam Boom, has an idea to amplify her powers to speed things along. Will you come with us, Mr. Foreman?”

“If Mr. Boom has a plan to get us out of this mess, of course I’ll help out,” Bob replied. “He’ll need some hard labor done, I’m sure. And though I’m not exactly in the right kind of body for physical labor anymore, I can still perform any physical task Mr. Boom will require of me, for I’m also good with blueprints. Let’s get going. What’s your name, by the way?”

“Nancy,” she replied with a smile. “Nancy Baker.”

“Wait, you’re one of the three Trainers who helped protect Vision Inc.’s Pokéball factory from Team Verdure’s attempt to level it and the main HQ to the ground!” Bob exclaimed in realization.

“That’s me,” Nancy replied as she made room for their passenger. “It was mainly the idea of my rival, Jason Turner, but I couldn’t let him have all the fun saving the day!”


Glitterwings was already carrying six Vision Inc. employees—two designers who had been turned into a Typhlosion and an Infernape, two lab technicians who were now a Gothitelle and a Reuniclus, and two electricians, who had been transformed into an Ampharos and a Heliolisk—and they were preparing to head back, seeing as the sun had already risen a while back, and Jason had caught a glimpse of Audrey and Nancy meeting up midflight while returning to town.

Glitterwings was sick of explaining how Jason was still human, and wanted to got back to Maresburg to avoid having to answer another passenger. Some of her passengers had even doubted that any of what she was saying was real, convinced that they were dreaming. Luckily, the presence of their coworkers dispelled most of those doubts, for it would be very unlikely for them to all be having the same dream.

They had been out there for six hours, making it past ten, but the two electricians kept begging Jason to stay out there for a little longer, claiming they both had a gut feeling that something important was still out in the desert.

And then they all saw another Pokémon wandering the desert: an Electivire. Even from so high up, they could vaguely tell that the Electivire was a she, even without Jason needing to have his Dex do the work on that.

They circled downwards until they were right in front of the Electivire, who screamed as soon as she saw Glitterwings. Or, more accurately, the human riding on her back.

“Jason Turner!” she shrieked, hyperventilating. “That’s not possible! How—”

“Miss Taylor, is that you?” the Ampharos said, jumping off of Glitterwings’ back and walking up to the Electivire, the Heliolisk by her side.

“Yes, I’m Vanessa Taylor, chief electrician for Vision Inc.,” she replied warily. “How did you two know it was me, and how is Jason Turner a human after what Arceus did?”

“We heard your voice at work so many times, we just knew it had to be you!” the Heliolisk replied, a huge grin on his face. “We’re electricians from Vision Inc.! As for how he's still human? The moth with us is the Giganoth! But she prefers to be called 'Glitterwings', now. She protected him from being transformed. You can ask her for a more in-depth explanation later, since she's sick of answering the same questions over and over.”

"Wait, what’s going on here?” Vanessa asked, very confused.

“We’ve been searching for Vision Inc. employees for the past six hours,” Jason replied. “You’re the last one who’ll be able to fit, and Adam Boom’s most likely going to need your help for what he has planned.”

“Wait, how can you—” Vanessa started to ask before Glitterwings cut her off.

“I’m the Legendary once known as Giganoth, now nicknamed Glitterwings,” she explained. I have the power to make all humans and nonhumans within my vicinity able to understand each other. Now, let’s get going. Your employer has a plan to amplify my power in some way or another to help me restore humans at a faster rate.”

“Say no more!” Vanessa exclaimed as she grabbed the two electricians and pulled them along before jumping on Glitterwings’ back. “If it's for Mr. boom, I'll gladly help! He's going to need me. I just know it! Take me to him! We have to get started right away! I don’t want to be late for a company meeting, ever!”

The others laughed a little, and they took off again, heading back to Maresburg.


“Ah, Miss Taylor!” Adam exclaimed as he walked up to the third and final high-ranking staff member of Vision Inc. after she got off the giant moth. “All three of you are here! Now, with some planning, we have already developed some blueprints, but with just Mr. Foreman, Miss Nichols and myself, we haven’t made much progress.”

“Say no more, Sir,” Vanessa replied, shaking Adam’s hand. “We’re here to help in any way we can.”

“Well, we already have the materials we need,” Bob explained as he showed Vanessa the rough draft for the blueprints. “We’ve managed to secure a large amount of scrap metal from the abandoned mines, and we’ve found one of each evolutionary stone, which if we manage to meld them into a single crystal, should be able to store and replicate Glitterwings’ power, though it will eventually need recharging.”

“Well, in theory it should be able to store and replicate her powers,” Heather interjected. “We’re still not quite sure if it’ll work, since she’s a Legendary, and very few studies have been conducted on Legendary Pokémon to actually gauge their power, and even then, most of those were performed by criminal organizations similar to Team Verdure, meaning those who have abided by the law in attempting to study the powers of Legendary Pokémon have gleaned little.”

“I am willing to submit myself for intensive study,” Glitterwings announced, flying up to them with Jason walking beside her. “If it’s for the good of the human race, I’ll do anything for those I’ve been charged with protecting.”

“Very well,” Heather said as her two lab assistants joined her. “Please find a place to settle down, and we’ll begin studying you. We’ll have to substitute Psychic-type abilities for our usual equipment, but it should still get the job done.”

Glitterwings nodded, then looked around for a while before locating the remains of a plaza. “Follow me,” she told the three Psychic-types before leading them through the streets to the plaza.

“Okay, Mr. Foreman,” Vanessa said, tapping her foot. “I know every single evolutionary stone, and I want to make sure you didn’t even miss one. Now, I’m going to list them one-by-one. Just say ‘check’ if you have one. If you don’t have one…” her lips curled into a mischievous grin. “A simple ‘whoops’ will suffice.”

Bob rolled his eyes, but nodded afterwards, so Vanessa got right to the point.

“Fire Stone?”

“Check.”

“Water Stone?”

“Check.”

“Thunderstone?”

“Check.”

“Leaf Stone?”

“Check.”

“Shiny Stone?”

“Check.”

“Dawn Stone?”

“Check.”

"Dusk Stone?"

"Check."

“Sun Stone?”

“Check.”

“Moon Stone?”

“Check.”

“Last one,” Vanessa said before asking, “Star Stone?”

Bob opened his mouth to say “Check,” but blinked, facepalmed and said, “Whoops…”

“How does a Salintran native forget the evolutionary stone first discovered in Salintra?” Vanessa shouted. “Bob! That stone is what first put our region on the map! How could you possibly forget to grab a Star Stone?”

Audrey ran up to them before things could get any worse and handed them a copper-colored crystal from her bag that was shaped like a five-pointed star.

“Here, just use one of mine,” Audrey said with a roll of her eyes. “I have over twenty of them. I can easily spare one.”

The Magmortar and Electivire stared at her in shock as she turned around and walked away.

“You’re welcome, by the way!” she called over her shoulder at the dumbstruck pair, snapping them back to the present moment.

“Oh, uh… Thank you?” they said in unison, provoking a giggle from Audrey before she resumed walking away.

“How did she—” Vanessa started to wonder, but Bob cut her off.

“She’s an ex-Champion, Miss Taylor,” he said with another roll of his eyes. “To even become Champion usually requires really deep pockets.”

“Okay, fine, now back to the matter at hand,” Vanessa huffed as the two electricians and the two designers joined their respective superiors. “Now, back on Earth, Vision Inc. had a powerful machine for fusing gems, evolutionary stones included, into super crystals for projects like these. But we don’t have one here, and even if you remember the blueprints for it exactly, it’d take us forever to create another.” Vanessa sighed. “What are we supposed to do?”

“Could we possibly be of any assistance?” a male voice rumbled from under the ground before two massive stone snakes popped out of the ground: a male Steelix, and a female who appeared to be a molten, misshapen Onix, making her Onix’s other evolved form: Magmix, a Rock/Fire-type that was built more for speed and power than for winning battles of attrition.

“Were you two human once?” Bob asked, pretty sure he already knew the answer.

“Correct,” the Magmix replied, nodding her head and causing small drops of molten rock to fall from her lower jaw to the ground. “As a Magmix, I could turn them into liquid crystal by squeezing them, and my husband, since he’s now a Steelix, could take them underground until the pressure fuses them together and re-solidifies them.”

“Please do,” Vanessa said with a nod before Bob picked up the pile of evolutionary stones, carrying them over to the couple, then placing them on the ground next to the Magmix. “In the meantime, we’ll begin work on the machine’s main body and the electric power system.”

Bob nodded in agreement, and the two immediately got to work with rubber, steel and copper, leaving the two snakes to their own devices.

Without a word, the Magmix nodded to her husband and coiled around the stones, squeezing hard as she pushed herself to produce more and more heat.

“Zeke, I think it’s working!” she announced as the pile of stones started to soften.

“Keep it up, Patricia!” the Steelix said encouragingly. “We have to prove that we can help, too!”

“Hey, Mom, hey, Dad,” Nancy said as she walked up to her now massive parents. “What are you doing, Mom?”

“Helping,” Mrs. Baker told her daughter as she squeezed the stones even harder. “We’re helping out Mr. Boom’s employees with the device to help Glitterwings.”

Patricia let go of the evolutionary stones, revealing a glob of molten multicolored rock, which she then used her tail to push towards her husband.

Mr. Baker took one look at them and nodded. “Great job, honey. I’ll be back in a jiffy with the completed crystal!”

With that, he took the molten crystal in his mouth, wincing from the heat, then burrowed underground, heading straight down.


“Interesting,” Heather mused to herself as she jotted down some more notes in a notebook one of the colts from the Silverdust clan gladly let her borrow. “Glitterwings, could you apply just a little bit of your scanning power on my assistants? Now that I’ve got the proper sensing fields set up, I should be able to read your powers properly so we can fine-tune the machine to replicate the way the powers are used.”

“Sure thing, Sugar,” Glitterwings replied before focusing her powers on her antennae, launching harmless waves of rainbow energy at the other two Psychic-types, bathing them in the energy.

“Okay, hold it for a minute,” Heather requested as she began to probe and inspect the energy with her mind. It was a bit complicated, but it seemed that if she looked at it from the correct angle, everything added up and made sense.

“Okay, you can switch it off, now,” Heather told the moth, who did so and waited for the next request.

“Okay, if we do that, a super crystal should be able to release energy in the same format,” Heather mused, once again to herself, “And even recreate the energy, though it’ll produce it at a slower rate than it’ll be consumed, so we’ll need you to come back about every three days to recharge it.” the last statement was directed at the Legendary.

“That seems acceptable,” Glitterwings said with a nod. “Now, what next?”

“Your ‘blueprinting’ power,” the Avalips suggested.

Glitterwings nodded, then let similar waves of energy wash over the pair before her. They were identical in appearance to the previous waves, but the energy and function was entirely different. Human body designs started to form in her head, complete with hairstyles, outfits, and sometimes even possessions. She doubted any of these blueprints were accurate, though. She hadn’t really done much scanning, so these images were rough estimates.

“Okay, I’ve got that one down, too,” Heather announced. Glitterwings shut off the energy in response and waited again while Heather figured out how to get the machine to be able to pull off the same thing.

“Yes, that’ll work quite nicely,” Heather muttered before giving one more request. “Okay, please show us your restoration powers.”

“Very well,” Glitterwings replied before she flew up into the air, hovering over an empty spot and releasing rainbow dust from her wings, which slowly covered the ground like a small dusting of polychromatic snow.

Heather’s eyes grew huge from the information she was picking up. It was so different from the other two. This one was actually capable of reshaping anything down to the sub-atomic level, meaning she could transmute one element into another!

Quickly trying to wrap her head around the information, Heather focused on the immense input she was getting. Were she not such a powerful Psychic-type, her mind could’ve been turned to mush from gaining the knowledge in such a method.

“Okay, I’ve got it,” Heather announced.

Glitterwings returned to the ground and asked, “Is that all that is required of me?”

“Until the machine is complete? Yes,” Heather replied.

“Good. I’ll be with Jason until then,” Glitterwings announced before taking wing again and flying towards the building where Jason’s family was staying.

“Okay, we’ve got all the notes we need,” Heather replied. “Now we just need to wait for everything to be finished.”


As the sun started to set, Adam Boom examined the machine carefully. It was similar in structure to a police searchlight, but instead of a light, the machine had an impressive polychromatic crystal in its cylinder. Something seemed a little off, though.

Finding it, Adam surprised everyone watching—with the exception of his employees, who had expected him to find a way to improve it, as he always did that with anything they made—by disconnecting some of the wires and connecting them to different wires, changing how the electricity would flow and improving the internal generator in the process. In addition, he turned the super crystal 45 degrees, making it glow slightly.

“There, now it’s perfect,” he announced before turning to Glitterwings. “Lady Glitterwings, please aid us by pouring your energies into the rehumanizer so we can benefit from your aid even in your absence.”

“Why do you insist on calling me ‘Lady’?” Glitterwings huffed. “I’m an exile of the Legendary Council.”

“To me, you are the only one who deserves such a title at the moment, Lady Glitterwings,” Adam replied, dropping to one knee. “You are standing up for and helping the human race survive, while the other Legendaries all want it to disappear. We don’t need a Legendary Council, for we have you.”

Gliterwings was dumbstruck for a few minutes before tears started flowing from her eyes.

“Adam Boom, I’m touched by your words,” she choked out. “If I’m the only lady that you feel you can put your faith in, then I shall be Lady Glitterwings for all of you. And yes, I shall lend you my power.”

The crowd of Pokémon, ponies and three humans cheered as Glitterwings released the three powers that made up her restoration ability into the machine one by one. When she was finished, she addressed them again.

“Give it until tomorrow morning before you begin using it,” she warned as color was already returning to her wings. “My powers are quite fickle at times. They’ll need to adjust to their new means of operation.”

The Pokémon nodded in understanding, and Glitterwings flew over to Jason.

“Let’s get some sleep,” she said with a yawn. “We’ll need to start moving tomorrow.”

Jason nodded, and he and the two restored humans retired for the night.


Meanwhile…

“Uh… Dad?” Donalyra asked nervously as he watched his normally incredibly disarmingly-cute and harmless-looking father stomping around the room, his face that took up the entire front of his body contorted with rage.

“What’s gotten into that girl?” Voiral growled, ignoring his son who had just finished recovering and now just needed some sleep to be good as new. “Is she trying to get Lord Arceus to notice her?”

“Dad?” Cosmaraid said, trying to get his father to snap out of it.

Ignoring his other son, Voiral continued his rant. “She released more power than she did when she used her powers to make herself compatible with Emmet so she could have a child with a human being! Sure, Martha was a sweet girl, and she had her mother’s beautiful wings on her otherwise mostly human body, but the amount of energy she released back then sent her temple into a panic, making those poor priests think the humans had done something to anger their protector! We’re lucky that most Legendaries won’t recognize her signature and just be confused for a bit then shrug and move on, but Lord Arceus—”

“Hello, Voiral, am I interrupting some family time with your sons?” the last voice any of them wanted to hear said, causing all three to stare at Lord Arceus, immediately hiding their horror behind smiles that they hoped would be genuine enough to, if not fool the old god, at least get him to leave them alone.

“Um, sort of?” Voiral replied, provoking nods from his two sons.

“You can drop the act, Voiral. It’s unbecoming of you,” Arceus sighed.

“What do you mean, Lord Arceus?” Voiral asked, trying to play ignorant.

“You three were discussing the fourth member of your family,” Arceus sighed. “It’s obvious you miss her. Everyone here can see that.”

Relieved that Arceus had completely misinterpreted their actions for the last few days, Cosmaraid spoke up, forcing tears to his eyes to try to push the appearance in the direction of what Arceus believed, letting his smile crumble into what he hoped was a convincing look of sorrow, as did his brother and father.

“L-lord Arceus,” Cosmaraid sniffed. “You’re right. I m-miss my sister. We all do.” The other two nodded in agreement, keeping up the appearance of a grieving family.

“I noticed,” Arceus replied, inclining his head slightly and sighing. “And Donalyra, I didn’t miss you setting up your portal, either.”

Donalyra put on better show than his brother and his father at that moment, appearing to break down while tears of ice from his pure white eyes flew everywhere. “I-I thought she’d change her mind!” he bawled. “That she’d realize that what she was protecting was a lost cause! Even ask you for a new task!”

Voiral spoke next, making his lip tremble a bit. “Lord Arceus…” He looked up into the god’s eyes with the best appearance of a grieving father as he could present. “Will I ever see my precious little girl again?”

“Well, I banished her from the Council and left her on Earth out of anger,” Arceus began. “But with Donalyra’s portal, there’s a chance that, after giving her enough time, she’ll come through it out of love for her Trainer and her partners, even though the portal would sever their technological bonds and transform her Trainer. Had she done so before today, I most likely would’ve destroyed her or stripped her of her powers just out of my anger towards her. I almost destroyed the portal, you know.

“But I’ve heard about the state of Earth from Giratina,” he continued. “The planet is rapidly falling into chaos. Giovanni is once again trying to conquer the world, while Rebecca of Team Verdure has pieced her followers back together, and they rule the Salintra region with an iron fist. Or, what’s left of it, anyway. Most of the residents were good people, so less than five percent of the inhabitants are left. And by using the power of the Pokémon they conditioned to be filled with hatred and vile thoughts, even those who were degenerates are fleeing in terror, now. Salintra has gone from the most peaceful region, where even laws forbidding Pokémon/human unions didn’t exist, to one of the most dystopian regions on the planet. And they’ve been destroying as much technology as they can with devices made specifically to make technology fail.

“With Giganoth, her Trainer, and her precious teammates caught in the middle of such horrors, she’ll most likely give in and flee just to save those who she still can,” Arceus sighed. “Looking back, I could have handled things better. I know that had Giganoth attended, she would’ve tried to speak on behalf of the humans, but it is unlikely that I would’ve listened to her. But were she here right now, maybe, just maybe, she could have something to say to convince me to give at least some humans their forms back. At least some of the Salintrans. She has the power to make the impossible happen, after all. She did use her powers to make herself compatible with her husband, Emmet, and her child was the only Pokémon/human hybrid. Why, if she could give me a good reason to restore some of the humans, I’d allow her to use her powers to make Pokémon and humans compatible. But that’ll have to wait, for she’s not here. Don’t give up on your prodigal sister and daughter, you three. You just might see her again.”

Smiling, Arceus left, and the three sighed in relief.

“Okay, so if we can just get her to listen, there’s a chance we can convince her to come back here with us,” Donalyra sighed after Arceus was out of earshot. “But I doubt it’ll be that easy. That release of energy felt like she was creating a vessel to replicate her powers or something. If that’s the case, then she’s probably set on doing things her own way.”

“Well boys,” Voiral said, a small smile gracing his face. “It seems Lord Arceus just might not destroy her after all. But we still can’t let him know that she’s already here.”

The other two nodded, and they separated to their respective rooms, ready to begin planning the next day.

Author's Note:

Okay, Chapter 7! Also, Day 3 has now drawn to a close! Glitterwings is ready to set off on her crusade on Day 4, but her family thinks they might have a chance to get her to see things their way. Even Arceus is slightly considering meeting her somewhere in the middle! But will that last? Who can tell? Not me, for my lips are sealed.

I hope you've all enjoyed yourselves so far! And I hope you'll continue to enjoy yourselves as this fic continues!

Also, thank you The Asmusementist, for helping me to brainstorm this chapter, as well! I know it's a lot later than when I posted the other chapters, but... Eh, whatever.

I don't have anything else to say right now, so... Later all!

Comments ( 8 )

You forgot the dusk stone. :derpytongue2:

6978758 Wow. You're right. Fixing now.

7003779 Well, have you actually read the Pokémon Adventures manga or watched Pokémon Origins? In both of them, TMs and HMs are real. Brock is shown giving a TM to Red in Origins, and Red gives a TM to another Trainer in the manga to help that Trainer out so they can teach their Eevee Mimic, which helps them win a battle. HMs are also mentioned in the manga, but I'm not sure if they're actually shown. But the fact that the manga and the Origins anime acknowledges the existence of Technical and Hidden Machines is enough for me, for I prefer to use the games, the Origins anime and the Adventures manga as my primary sources. I haven't watched the regular anime in years. I don't even watch the movies anymore. Besides, this is already a noncanon story for the Wayverse. Things can be done a bit differently here, since I'm not even trying to be canon. Well, I'm trying to acknowledge canon to an extent, but because of the Fakemon, I'm not even going to try to break away from the way I'm writing this, with the exception of trying to make it flow better. I even use the damage calculation and stat formulas for every battle I write that has Pokémon on both sides. It's how I had intended to do it with the Pokémon fanfic that never got very far (because it was a three author project, but the other two authors never contributed anything to the story) that uses the same Fakemon, so I'm still using it here.

Well this thing abruptly stopped

8530889
Not exactly. Still figuring out how to proceed, actually. I had writer's block on this one for quite a while, and a bit of it still lingers, though I'm also trying to find the notes on what to do next, and I need to get in contact with The Asmusmentist to get things back on track. I hate it when people just presume that I gave up on something. Sometimes, I need to take a few steps back and think things over so get my creativity back.

I can appreciate that this story tries to address the issue of humanity like mine tried to do, unfortunately both of our stories never went anywhere.

I haven’t given up, but I hope your doing better wherever you are.

10582009
I'm still trying. Writers' Block is a cruel mistress.

10583472
I recommend watching this if thats the only problem

Login or register to comment