• Published 16th Feb 2016
  • 742 Views, 27 Comments

Black Winter - EMBER SPIRIT SHIELD



An unknown alicorn returns to equestria. Shrouded in a cloak of mystery, and keeping to the shadows. will the princesses find out that he has returned? will the princesses remember him and his crimes or...

  • ...
5
 27
 742

Chapter 9

Black Winter Chapter 9

[Ember’s POV]

As I materialized in front of the store, I noticed the bodies of at least fifteen ponies, all garbled in black. Shaking my head, I cast a spell to look back an hour to see what had occurred.

As the spell took hold I saw Skywishes leaving the store and walk twenty steps before the black covered ponies arrived, the teleportation discharge was defining. Skywishes screamed in surprise, blinded and disorientated as she stumbled backward. Skywishes was then knocked unconscious by one of the ponies.

“That was too easy all it would have taken is one of us.” one of the ponies said. The group laughed at Skywishes limp form. Suddenly from behind me came the sound of a sword blade being unsheathed, I turned around, but the group ignored it, sealing their doom. In the open doorway of Silver's store stood Silver in black armor with a blood red blade grasped in his golden aura. The alicorn growled before summoning fifteen lances and hurling them at the unsuspecting ponies. They never stood a chance. All of the ponies lives were extinguished, with a huff Silver approached Skywishes. But before he took ten steps, a scream broke the silence. Silver and I looked around wildly trying to discern the cause of the sound. I spotted the object that was hurtling towards Silver. The object was approaching at supersonic speeds, I manipulated my spell and slowed time down so I could understand what was coming. It turned out to be a black Pegasus mare with a black mane and tail with a red streak through it. She seemed to have lost control, and now was in a desperate attempt to slow down and stop herself. I let time resume and the Pegasus launched forward hitting Silver Lance, sending both of them flying to the field just outside of ponyville, seconds later there was a giant upheaval of earth and snow was thrown into the sky, I ended my spell and looked to the fields to my left, before taking to the sky.

[End of POV]

Ember flew over the trench in the ground. He had been flying over it for a while and was starting to get annoyed.

‘Frozen Toast of the north, how bloody long is this thing?!’Ember thought. Just then the trench ended at the base of a tree.

‘Finally’ Ember thought, as he landed and approached the end of the carved up earth, he saw the two ponies laying next to each other. The Pegasus's wings were broken and looked possibly even fatal, while Silver Lance had a bloody head wound and impaled his hoof with his sword.

‘Well, shoot. I better get them to Skywishes house.’ Ember thought as he examined the injuries, he took the blade out of Silver Lance’s hoof, causing a splatter of blood to fall to the ground. Ember burned the blood immediately, before it could do anything. Ember then encased both of them in his magic, before teleporting away.


Ember appeared in Skywishes Kitchen with a small pop. Ember walked down the hallway to the guest-his room now. Using his magic he opened his door and gently placed the pegasus mare down on the bed, belly down, to prevent anymore damage to her wings. Ember then summoned his bedroll and blankets, laying them out to provide as much padding as possible, before laying Silver down.

‘I’m gonna stop the bleeding, then go and get Skywishes.’ Ember concluded, before encasing Silver's hoof a midnight blue glow, the spell healed the wound, closing it seamlessly as though it never happened.

‘There all done now to go get Skywishes.’ Ember thought, as he teleported once again.

Ember appeared in front of Sugarcube Corner, before he started towards the door. As he approached he noticed that the shop was dark. Ember used his magic to open the door and trotted inside. His glowing horn illuminated the shop slightly, he looked around in concern.

‘Where is she?!’ Ember thought worriedly, before he heard a voice whispering in his head.

“Shield Spirit Ember help me please there's somepony here.” Ember sighed, relived. He found a light switch before turning it on. The bright flash temporarily blinded all of the ponies that were in the little shop. Some let out screams, while others jumped up and wobbled around trying to regain their balance.

“Skywishes, where are you at?” Ember said, looking around for the pink pegasus.

“GET BACK! WE WON'T LET YOU TAKE HER!” A yellow stallion said as he and a blue mare stepped forward, brandishing brooms and wooden spoons. Ember looked at them, and rolled his eyes.

“Skywishes, come on. I found Silver Lance, but to make sure that he will be fine I need to get back to him, fast.” Ember said ignoring the bakers weapons as he walked past them and towards Skywishes. Suddenly Ember was hit so hard on the the head the broom snapped sending wooden shrapnel in every direction. Ember fearing others could be hurt stopped all the splinters of wood in their paths with his magic, before setting them down at a empty table in a pile. Ember then looked at his assailant, the yellow stallion looked back putting himself in front of the mare. Ember looked down towering over the two ponies, their faces blanched white, fear in their eyes.

Ember just shook his head, and continued towards Skywishes. Ember walked up to Skywishes before speaking quietly.

“How are you doing?”Ember asked, concerned.

“I’m doing fine, where's Silver?” Skywishes asked worried.

“He’s safe at your house, come on, we need to go. I need to make sure that he's going to be alright” Ember said holding his hoof out for her to take.

“One moment,” Skywishes said before walking over to the trembling couple. “I’m sorry that this happened Mr. and Mrs. Cake, thanks a bunch. I'm sorry if Ember here scared you, but he's safe and a good stallion, I'll be safe with him.” Skywishes apologized to the two.

“Are you sure honey, he doesn't seem that way to me…” Mrs. Cake said eyeing Ember cynically. Ember just huffed and pulled up his hood, hiding his face and hurt for never being trusted.

“Yes I'm sure, thanks again but I need to go.” Skywishes said, before looking back at Ember. Ember had his hood hiding his face, but under his hood there was a small glow, the glow made him look extremely intimidating. She noticed the wooden twigs of the broom fixing themselves, before melding back into one piece of wood. The glow that emanated from the hood went out shrouding his features in total darkness.

Skywishes sighed before looking back at Mrs. Cake, and gave her an assuring smile.

“I'll be fine, trust me I can take care of him, if I need to.” Skywishes said, smiling mischievously. Mrs. Cake nodded, before turning towards Ember.

“I apologize for how we acted, but we were concerned that you were going to pony-nap her.” Mrs. Cake said.

“It’s okay, You did the right thing although I suggest that you get something more capable to defend yourself with, than a broom. “Ember said as he gave the newly fixed broom back to Mr. Cake. “Now Skywishes, can you please come along, before we are to late!” Ember pleaded. Skywishes jumped before nodding and mumbling, ‘Right’. Ember extended his hoof for her to grasp, and when she did he teleported them back to his temporary room leaving a shower of sparkling midnight purple dust behind

Arriving in the room, Ember quickly steadied Skywishes as she wobbled, uneasy on her hooves from teleporting. After a few seconds, she waived Ember off.

“I'll be fine, now where is my brother?” Skywishes asked. Ember just pointed down at a pile of bedding near the bed. Skywishes looked where he indicated. Skywishes froze. On the bed there was a black pegasus mare, with wings broken beyond repair.

“Her wings…” Skywishes whispered. She brought her hooves to her mouth, tears welling in her eyes.

“She’ll live.” Ember said in a flat voice. “Your brother is down here.” Ember continued, as he walked forward and next to the pile of bedding. Skywishes crept forward, fearing what she would see. To her relief, Silver was fine, only suffering a small head wound.

“I healed his hoof he had been stabbed by his own sword.” Ember said, indicating the blade resting next to Silver. “Now, I need to work on this nice pegasus, could you please put the groceries away in their proper place?” Ember said as he summoned the small pile from his phantom window. Skywishes, not knowing anything else she could do to help, nodded and left the room carrying the heavy load out of the room. Ember sighed. He moved over to the bed where the pegasus laid. Ember sat by the bed, the poor pegasus's wings were truly destroyed. The Feathers were bent at odd angles, broken and hanging limply. The bones of the wings were clearly broken, some had even pierced the flesh. Dried and matted blood covered the pegasus's wings.

‘Come on Ember you can do it, just think of her as Lila Licht…’ Ember thought desperately. A surge of power and determination emanated from deep in his heart. Lighting his horn, he began fixing her wings. Ember looked at the situation. What could he fix first, cuts and bruises vanished leaving no trace of their existence. As he continued to heal her wings he found that some of the bones had already set. Meaning that if he was going to let her fly again he would have to break them even more. Tears welled up in his eyes, before stealing himself. He proceeded to snap the bones, flinching with each gristly snap and pop. This caused blood to gush through her new and partially healed wounds, before he continued and properly set the bones. As Ember worked, Skywishes had returned to the bedroom to see if she could do anything. Seeing that Ember was focused, she decided to leave him alone, and went to do her morning dishes. Ember strained to fix the Pegasus's wings, attaching muscles and tendons to their proper places, while removing splinters of bone from the flesh, and re-assembling those pieces into bones.

After an hour Ember noticed the pegasus started to stir.

“Ugh, A-PHFPPH, aer um I?” The pegasus mare said sneezing into the bed harshly, before looking around with blurry eyes. When she spotted Ember, her eyes shrunk to pinpricks, and she started shaking violently. Ember was confused, before remembering that he never removed his hood.

“Calm down miss, it's okay, you're safe now I not going to hurt you.” Ember said as he removed his hood showing his face. His horn was still glowing as he continued to heal her. The mare relaxed slightly before sneezing again.

“A-PHFPPH” Ember looked at her concerned.

“Are you alright?” Ember asked.

“A’m fing, buh I can't breathe ery well in ere.” the mare said, sneezing again. “A-PHBBHP”

“Why is that?” Ember asked, worried. The pegasus mare looked up at him slightly.

“A’m allergic to arything.” She said sadly, tears welling in her eyes, before she cleared her sinuses with a small growl. Ember thought quickly, before channleing another spell into his horn and creating a breathing mask out of magic.

“How about this, It’s made out of pure magic and can filter out any sort of dust, pollen, dirt, and other airborne substances.” Ember said hopefully.

“...Okay...” The pegasus mare said cautiously. Nodding, Ember moved the mask towards her head, gently fitting it to her face. After a few moments the mare spoke again this time in a clear voice.

“This feels amazing! I only feel this when I’m flying.” The Pegasus exclaimed, trying to rise to her hooves.

“NO! Don't move!” Ember snapped, causing the mare to freeze, shocked by his outburst. “You need to stay still. I still haven’t finished healing you.” Ember explained, nodding towards her wings. The Pegasus nodded, fear in her eyes, as she slowly settled back in the position that she previously occupied. As time went on the silence started to get awkward.

“So... what’s your name?” Ember asked, trying to make conservation.

“It’s Dainty, Dainty Dish. You?” Dainty asked nicely.

“It’s Ember, Ember Spirit Shield.” Ember replied, as the last of the skin on her wings sealed together, becoming whole again. A sigh left his lips before he looked at her.

“You can get up now. And tell me if anything hurts at all.” Ember said as Dainty got to her hooves, slowly stretching her wings, legs and body.

“Everything is perfect, there is no pain at all, not even any fatigue.” Dainty Dish said happily with a little hop.

“That’s wonderful.” Ember said with a small, tired smile, happy that he had managed to save Dainty Dish’s wings. Embers ears perked up at the light hoof-falls coming down the hallway.

“Hey Ember, how are you doing?” Skywishes asked as she entered the room.

“Hey Skywishes, I just finished healing Miss Dish here…” Ember said as he rose to his hooves. Skywishes stared at him stunned.

“You're done?! B-But it’s only been An hour since you asked me to put the groceries away!” Skywishes gawked. Ember blinked.

“Really? Hmm didn’t seem that long…oh well, It’s done now, So...That's that.” Ember said with a shrug, before moving across the room to sit at his piano, and began to play.

As Ember played he thought of how he lost his daughter. Silently he sobbed thanking her for giving him the strength he needed to save Dainty Dish.

‘But why couldn't I save her?’ Ember thought, wishing that he could have saved her, she was so young and he had failed her. As Ember played, he remembered the short time he had spent with his daughter. He remembered how they had played tag, her favorite game, running through the grass, laughing and happy. How quickly that feeling had faded when he had lost her. The inconsolable pain that was inside him...Ember then decided to make a promise.

‘I Ember Spirit Shield Promise to protect and serve the creatures that need help in anyway I can. I also promise to enjoy the days and nights that are ahead of me, living them for my family and my daughter, Lila Licht.’

Ember mentally declared to the heavens. Ember sighed and smiled as he played, enjoying the music for those he had lost.


Skywishes looked at Ember, wonder dancing across her features, ‘How had this stallion managed to take her heart so easily?! For he truly had.’ He was something that she couldn't figure out. Skywishes sighed and looked at Ember, noticing that he seemed to relax and enjoy the music more. She glanced away, feeling self conscious, looking around the room to see if anypony had noticed. That's when she spotted Silver sitting up, looking cautious and scared. Slowly Skywishes moved around the room, stopping next to him, quietly sitting down and putting a wing around him. Silver jumped slightly, looking over at his sister, a small smile adorning her muzzle. Sighing, Silver relaxed slightly and leaned into his sister. The biggest thing that he missed about Skywishes was her ability to make others relax, just by being around. Silver breathed and listened to the piano, letting himself enjoy the calming melody.

Silver could feel the emotion that this stallion managed to put into the music itself, transforming it into something almost alive. As he listened to the end of the piece he looked at the cloaked stallion noticing the wings and hooves that he played with. Silver looked at the back of the orange head and was shocked to see the horn atop his head, meaning that he was an Alicorn just like himself.

Silver just stared, dumbfounded at the stallion. But as the piece finished he was snapped out of his stupor and applauded with the other three ponies in the room.

"That was amazing, Ember! ” Skywishes said as she rose to her hooves. Silver's eyes widened slightly, before they returned to the standard look of amazement.

'So that's his name... but what interests does he have in my sister?' Silver thought as his eyes narrowed slightly, watching the stallion as he stiffened around on the piano bench.

"Thanks, Skywishes... I really appreciate it." He said smiling. Silver felt suspicion settling in his stomach.

"So what else can you play?" Silver asked with a small hint of admiration in his voice. Ember looking around, looking for who had spoken. When Ember’s eye landed on Silver, a small smile adorned his face.

“Ah, You've awoken, I hope that you weren't awoken rudely, by my piano playing." Ember said with a small, apologetic smile.

"No, I wasn't awoken rudely by the piano, but you didn't answer my question." Silver said as he rose to his hooves.

"Ah, right, well, I guess I would say I know a few songs…but certainly not a lot." Ember said with a little chuckle. Skywishes eyes bugged out in disbelief, smoke lightly rising from her feathers.

"When you say ‘certainly not a lot’ that could be millions for all we know!” Skywishes said with a little filly’s voice as she copied Ember. Before she continued. “You bought a new U-PON music player and music, which cost One thousand, four hundred, thirty bits! That’s a lot of cash to spend on something so small!!" Skywishes said starting to rant. "And that's not to mention all the other purchases that you made for the other groceries... Are You Even Listening To Me!?!" Skywishes shrieked as she noticed the look of thought on Embers face.

"Hmm, Oh yes I heard your rant of how my ability to buy things is outrageous, but all you need to know is that, I've lived awhile. Also thanks for telling me about that U-PON thing again I almost forgot about it." Ember said as he got off the piano bench.

"Forget!? How could you forget?!!" Skywishes Screamed, her feathers bursting into flames, as she grabbed Ember by the shoulders and shook him silly. After Ember collapsed, eyes rolling around in his skull. Skywishes realized what she did.

"Oh, ponyfethers." Skywishes muttered, as her wings extinguished themselves. "Oh, Ember, I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me, I'm sorry." Skywishes apologized as she helped Ember to his hooves, eyes still a little disorientated.

"Uhh, It’s Okay... I think?" Ember said as he stumbled a little. "But to answer your question, before you managed to turn my word into a legitimate spinning teacup, I was worried about saving these two ponies here." Ember said as he pointed his hoof ahead of him. His hoof was slightly circling as it pointed at the closet, completely in the opposite direction of the ponies. Skywishes grimaced at his direction sense. Silver Lance and Dainty Dish looked at the woosy stallion, then at each other, and back again. Ember shook his head and noticed that he was facing the closet. He turned around towards the bed and the ponies that where there.

“Ahm, right, So the two of you were injured, Dainty Dish severely injured her wings, which I managed to fix, and Silver just a few scrapes and bruises and an impaled hoof. Your sword was stuck in your hoof.” Ember said, speaking at each pony in turn. “I hope that your meeting will not harm your chances of becoming friends. In any case I need to go pick up my purchase, so I hope that You two can be nice to each other until I return.” Ember said as he gathered his cloak about himself before heading to the door, Sky wishes following. Silver and Dainty Dish stared at the retreating stallion, before looking back at each other nervously.

“So…?” Silver said cautiously. “What do you like to do?”

~~~

Ember shut the door to the room after Skywishes came out. The pair continued walking down the hall, heading for the main door.

“Thanks for saving my brother and the other mare.” Skywishes said, as she unlocked the door before the pair proceed out.

“Your welcome.” Ember said as he waited patiently for her to lock up the house. Skywishes Turned and walked over to Ember before preparing to take flight once again.

“Ready?” Skywishes asked politely. Ember just nodded spreading his wings, causing his cloak to fold neatly on his back in a long strip of cloth. Skywishes kicked off the ground and took to the skies, Ember following shortly after.

As Skywishes and Ember climbed into the air Ember noticed that his position behind her was at just the right angle to see her...jewel. Ember blushed deeply and frantically rolled to the right in the air, preserving her and his own dignity. Skywishes looked back at him with a smirk and did a barrel roll, showing off how effortlessly it was for her, silently challenging him to do better. Ember shook his head, smirking as he flipped upside down and flew on by Skywishes, casually Sticking his tongue out at her. Skywishes gasped and watched as Ember lined his head strait with his back and took off soaring up into the clouds, leaving a black and orange after image behind him. Shaking off her stupor, Skywishes flew after him. As Skywishes flew to catch up to him she started to leave her own Pink and purple after image. Soon she reached Ember and corkscrewed around him creating a pink and orange image as they flew together, above ponyville.

~~~

The train rumbled along the rails creating a rhythmic click-clack that Pinke listened to, as she looked out of the window of the train. The countryside sped by in a blur, but that wasn't what she was looking at. She smiled as she saw two ponies flying together above ponyville. They were creating a picture of a purple and orange flower that resembled a poison joke. As the Two ponies started making the pedals, Pinkie let out an ‘oo’ as the pedals seemed to fold out from the top of the flower as if the picture was a real flower. However Her thoughts were interrupted when her friends looked at her and started asking what was going on.

“Hey Pinkie, what’s going on?” Rainbow Dash asked as she approached her friend.

“Oh, There are just some ponies flying around creating love art, over ponyville.” Pinkie said drawing the rest of her friends attention.

“Who?” Twilight asked as she neared a window.

“I don't know but It’s really cool.” Pinkie said as another flower petal folded down into place. The rest of the group stuck their heads out of the window and watched in awe as the flower took shape. Each pedal smoothly folding into place, as the two ponies flew in the sky. The head of the flower opened and orange and pink pistil’s emerged, eight in total.

“Wow” The group chorused. The flower seemed to be done, but a Ring of orange, pink, black and purple fire exploded around it completing the image. A few seconds a light shockwave and a BOOM reached their ears. Rainbow Dash’s jaw dropped along with everypony else's.

“That was a sonic Rainboom!...” Rainbow said stunned. Pinkie just smiled and cheered. As they started to pull into Ponyville.


Minutes earlier:

As Ember and Skywishes flew, they unknowingly drew their flower. Ember had turned and flew through a cloud drawing the moisture around him. Quickly followed by Skywishes, The pair flew, leaving a trail of moisture behind. Their color trails merged with the water and created single colored rainbows. Skywishes and Ember dived and climbed, twisting and turning, and having fun. As Skywishes and Ember climbed once more, Ember noticed Skywishes Slowing, Ember matched her. When they reached their peak, Skywishes and Ember both stalled and came to a stop. Hovering there in that moment Skywishes could see Ember for who he truly was. She could tell that he could see the same of her. They could see clearly who the other truly was. Then, they fell backwards together, falling towards the earth. Ember moved closer and grasped her in his hooves eyes gazing into her eyes.

‘His eyes are Beautiful.’ Skywishes thought. As she embraced Ember inturn.

“Lock your neck straight against mine.” Ember said quickly. Skywishes nodding. She trusted him completely. Doing as she was asked, She locked her neck resting it firmly against his. Her eyes resting on the ground as they approached. As they continued she started to feel pressure pushing her closer to him. The wind increased, then it stopped with a small *snap* and her field of view changed. She could now see the mountains and horizon slipping beneath her. Ember chuckled as they flew. The feeling was amazing against her fur as his diagram wiggled slightly. She focused on the ground beneath her. Her eyes noted that the ground was above her, meaning that she was upside down, But she didn’t care. Pushing a little more firmly against Ember. She smiled, happy with her partner.The ground turned to a desert, then lush green trees slipped bye, then there was a giant gap of water, then it changed as a city came and passed green grass flowed against the land, the Mountains slightly snowcapped as the flew over them and around the clouds.

‘And he’s my partner.’ Skywishes thought as they approached Canterlot She could feel them starting to slow as they neared ponyville.

Ember knew what he had to do to land. Using his magic he cast two spells. As his cloak gained more cushion and support, the hood came up around his head, supporting it. The second spell took the ill effects from the flight from Skywishes and protected her, in a soft glowing purple nimbus of light that surrounded her body closely. “S-Skywishes, Pull in you wings and lock them at your sides.” Ember chattered the effects already taking effect on his body. She did as he directed and Ember Smiled lightly. “Good now don’t worry or let go, Okay?” Ember said. Receiving acknowledgement through a small nod against his neck. Ember breathed and spun his body so that he was flying upside down. He breathed again, before descending towards a field just outside ponyville. As he approached the ground he angled his body to stop from tumbling, and drew in his wings. And waited for the Impact.

As Pinkie and her friends departed the train they heard a ground shuddering THOOM. Looking around The group saw a large spout of dirt snow and rocks launched into the air near the edge of the town, in between the Everfree Forest and the town.

“What was that! Applejack said as she stared.

“I don't know Applejack, But we need to go check to make sure that nopony was hurt.” Twilight said. The group nodded and started forward at a gallop in the direction of the impact zone.

A jarring thump shook Skywishes, scared she griped Ember tighter. Ember groaned.

“W-What was that?”Skywishes mumbled.

“The only way that I can land after going at such speeds.” Ember said with a slight cough. Skywishes Relaxed and moved to get up, but Ember stopped her. She just relaxed back against his side with a small sigh.

“Ember How do you mean? How fast were we going?” Skywishes asked tentatively, unsure if she should be concerned for Ember.

“Fifty times the speed of sound. Now I have the effects of both of us so you don’t die from it.” Ember explained as he coughed again, This time Skywishes saw the blood land on his chest and neck.

‘No, no, no, NO!’ Skywishes Screamed.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

~~~

The scream made the group of friends gallop faster. Somepony was hurt. Rainbow Dash leapt into the air and flew full speed ahead of the group, attempting to get to the injured pony as fast as she could.


When Silver heard his sister's scream from the house, his eyes widened and her lit his horn in preparation for a long range teleportation. As he located her magical presence, he felt a presence grab on to him. Dainty Dish looked worried as she silently asked him if she could go. With a small nod Silver teleported them both to Skywishes side.

~~~

The Report of the teleportation spell didn't even register to Skywishes as she stared at the body of Ember. His breathing was shallow and weak. A hoof fell on her shoulder, and Skywishes turned to see her brother. she lunged into his open fore-hooves and started to sob.

Ember noticed the appearance of the two ponies as well as a large group in the Everfree, and remembering Silver's secret summoned another cloak and covered Silver with it. Silver's eyes widened as Ember tried to rise to his hooves. The stallion was bloody from coughing up the blood from his destroyed organs due to the speed. Ember’s horn cast a spell. The group in the crater vanished and appeared at the edge of Ponyville. Ember stumbling as he appeared upright rather that on his side.

The howl of a battle horn cut off any attempt of conversation. Embers eyes narrowed dangerously. He knew that sound.

“Get back...and Stay Back.” Ember growled, his horn Glowing ominously. The others were forced back as they reached out to stop him. Ember growled and disappeared, only to reappear on the lip of the creator. Ember sighed again as his horn glowed as he opened his phantom window and began to draw his Swords from where they resided.

“So beginnt es wieder…(So it begins again…)” Ember said tears welling in his eyes.


Rainbow Dash landed by the group who were Shouting at somepony.

“What’s going on here? Who are You yelling at?!” Rainbow shouted loud enough to be heard.

“Ember Is going to fight them alone!” Skywishes said as the pointed at Ember.

“Ember is gonna fight Who?!” Rainbow dash asked again as she looked at the pegasi and unicorn, finally noticing Dainty Dish and Silver Lance were also there. Dainty Dish Grabbed Rainbow’s head and turned it Facing the scene.

“Them.” Dainty Dish said sorrow in her voice.

The army of changelings, that were emerging from the Everfree forest was massive.The lines of soldiers went on for Thousands in either direction, the Skies above them seemed to be turn black as night. The Changelings were invading again. And Only one pony was going to try to stop them.

“Is he stupid?! He’s gonna die!” Rainbow Dash said, stunned. The rest of her friends rushed around the corner only to slow to a halt on seeing the army at their doorstep.

“Dear Faust, How do we stop that?” Rarity whimpered.

“You don’t, I do…” a voice said as a shield formed around the entire town, tinting the outside world a darker purple. “Don’t try to help if negotiations go south, If you do, You Will Die.” The voice said again as Swords began to appear from the shield, every two sword lengths apart. “If You wish to help,Have Twilight call for Celesta's armies from the castle, And Skywishes, I don’t regret taking the damage from you for the flight that we shared, Always hold that in your heart so we can enjoy it, I’m sorry.” Ember said before he cut the connection off.

Ember sighed, and gazed at the army, as It drew ever closer.

*To Be Continued...*

Author's Note:

First: Duh, Duh, Duuhhh!
Second: The creation of Dainty Dish goes to AdmiralTigerclaw
Third: Dainty Dish's original story can be found here.
Fourth: Hope you all enjoy!
Fifth: Cliffhanger!:pinkiegasp:
Sixth: Peace or War?! Vote below!
Seventh: Hope you all have a good day/night

~EMBER SPIRIT SHIELD

Comments ( 4 )

Was this possible Cookie thief wrongly accused?!

The plot is that somebody stole some cookies... ...But it's not an e rated comedy random story. I don't get it.

Comment posted by EMBER SPIRIT SHIELD deleted Jul 22nd, 2016

Shhhhh (Haven't gotten to it yet):twilightsheepish:he he he...

"Make deals, not war." - Swindle
I vote for uneasy peace.:moustache:

Login or register to comment