• Published 16th Feb 2016
  • 737 Views, 27 Comments

Black Winter - EMBER SPIRIT SHIELD



An unknown alicorn returns to equestria. Shrouded in a cloak of mystery, and keeping to the shadows. will the princesses find out that he has returned? will the princesses remember him and his crimes or...

  • ...
5
 27
 737

Chapter 7

Black Winter Chapter 7

Skywishes soared over the castle spires looking for Ember Spirit Shield. After a short time she found him on the roof of the Spire of the garden tower where he comforted her the night before. As she fluttered down, she heard his racking sobs, and she felt sorrow and for him and hatred for the princesses for forcing this pain upon him.

“Hey...” Skywishes said softly as she landed softly on the snowy roof, before folding her wings against her body and cautiously approached Ember. Ember shifted and looked at her with tears in his eyes.

“Oh..H...Hey, It’s you. You can stay if you want.”Ember said as he turned back to looking at the landscape of the countryside as Skywishes walked over and sat next to him.

“So… What do you want to do? You can talk about it if you want...Or we can go do something else instead, whatever it is you want to do we’ll do it just tell me and I will do my best.” Sky wishes said with determination in her voice. Ember was silent for a few minutes before he broke the silence.

“We’ll...I don’t want to talk about it, not really. But since we both have wings I do have a idea of a fun activity that we could do if you want…” Ember mumbled unsure of himself.

“Sure what is it?” Sky wishes said with enthusiasm.

“Cloud hopping.” Ember said.

“Cloud hopping? What is that?” Skywishes asked in confusion. Ember looked at her with a grin.

“Oh… Nothing much just something fun.” Ember said with a wicked grin.

“That may be but what is cloud hopping?” Skywishes Inquired.

“Cloud hopping is when a winged creature is has a long line of clouds in the direction of where they want to go they jump from one cloud to another until they reach their destination or they fly to their next cloud to continue cloud hopping or fly to their destination. It’s a fun way to travel.” Ember explained.

“That does sound fun, if a little lazy…” Skywishes said while letting her silent insinuation hang in the air.

“Are you calling me lazy?!” Ember said in a affronted tone.

“Nooo...I’m not calling you lazy...just slow.” Skywishes said in a cocky tone

“I am not slow. Just so you know, If I went all out I could go across the world in...two and a half hours, maybe less.” Ember said in a dead serious lie.

“You are a liar, that is impossible!” Skywishes said with a laugh.

“All right, all right. You caught me I can't go around the world in two and a half hours...I can do it in one minute.” Ember said with a guiltily facade.

“No you can't. I know you can’t, even if you did you would die on the G forces alone.” Skywishes said in a worried tone.

“Exactly the problem. I've done it once before but that was long ago…” Ember said as he stared off into the distance. Skywishes stared at him in astonishment.

“That’s not true. If you did you wouldn’t be here now. You would be dead!” Skywishes screeched in a high pitched voice. Ember looked at her with a quirked eyebrow and knowing smile.

“Hmmm… Then If that’s the case then I guess that I never did, right?” Ember said with a knowing grin. Skywishes looked at him. The way he had a composure of such confidence caused her to faltered.

‘The way he looks at me with that knowing glint in his eye, Could he have done It ? But that’s impossible He would be dead,...wouldn’t he?’ Skywishes wondered as she stared into his eyes.

“Y-Yeah, You must-have imagined it.” Skywishes said shakily before looking away.

“Well anyway let's not focus on such dark topics. What do you think, should we go cloud hopping?” Ember asked.

“Well it sounds really fun, but where would we go?” Skywishes said

“I don’t know, but we can go anywhere you want. Let's brainstorm.” Ember said in a unsure tone. And then the pair sat and started thinking hard. After a few short minutes Skywishes spoke up.

“Well, we could go to my house… but I feel like that's a little too forward.” Skywishes mumbled.

“It’s not too forward, because it was the first place that you thought of and it is the one place you really want to be at right now. So where is it?” Ember said in a comforting manner. Skywishes blushed and pawed at the ground in embarrassment from his words.

“It’s in ponyville. Which is south of here.” Skywishes squeaked, then remembered something. “But before we could leave I need to get by things from the barracks and sign a temporary leave of absence form. Do you think you could wait for me until then.” Skywishes said in a louder and more confident voice as she made her request. Ember nodded.

“I’ll wait for you, I’ll be up here when you come to find me, okay.” Ember promised.

“Okay then I’ll be right back then.” Skywishes said before taking flight and flying off to the guard barracks. Ember chuckled as her personality reminded him of Lilla Rose. ‘You would have been great friends with her Rosey, great friends indeed.’Ember thought sadly before he continued staring off into the morning sky.

~~~

Stunned silence filled the throne room. Twilight stared blankly at the place where the pegasus guard had stood moments before. Nopony had ever dared to speak up to the princess like that.

But The horrors that the stallion, that Ember Spirit Shield went through was beyond belief. How could somepony go through that and not go insane! The will that he must have would be enormous to not go mad after losing his child like that.

“Princess? Are you okay?” Twilight asked cautiously. Snapping out of her shock, Princess Celestia looked around and noticed the worried faces of all present.

“Huh… Yes I am fine, but I never expected that that was what he did- or rather now -went through. Skywishes and Ember are right. I had no Idea what I was saying.” Celestia said in a shocked and quiet voice.

“Then what are you going to do about it, sister.” Princess Luna inquired.

“Captain Steel Cross, Lieutenant Brass Shield, please go find both lieutenant Skywishes and Ember Spirit Shield and bring them here as soon as you can.” Princess Celestia said. Steel Cross saluted then turned around and left followed closely behind by Brass Shield.

“T-That w-was h-horrible. How can he even move.” Fluttershy whispered in horror.

“I don’t rightly know Flutters, But right now I feel mighty foolish.” Applejack said saddly

“That may be true darling but to lose the one you love in such a way...” Rarity said horrified

“Not to mention your foal…” Twilight said as she stared at the place where the memory was at. Having helped raise Flurry Heart she could only imagine what Ember went through.


“Princess? Could me and Pinkie Pie help look for him?” Rainbow Dash asked tentatively. Princess Celestia looked at them and smiled.

“Of course you can Rainbow Dash, I think that that would be really helpful. Just make sure to tell Captain Steel Cross.” Celestia said. Rainbow Dash nodded before she and Pinkie Pie rushed out of the throne room and went to find Captain Steel Cross. Twilight turned towards Celestia before starting.

Celestia what did he mean by the Element of Sacrifice?” Twilight asked. Celestia glanced at her before sighing.

“The Elements consist of a group of nine: Loyalty, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty, Kindness, Magic, Forgiveness, Sacrifice, and Love. There are rumors of three more elements but hard evidence has yet to come to light.” Celestia confessed. Twilight looked at Celestia in shock.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this Celestia?” Twilight said in surprise.

“The other three or six, I guess I should say, are very hard to find, their bearers usually die while using the elements so to save as many lives as they can. I hid any information pertaining to these other elements from the world because of that fact.” Celestia explained.

“So should we try to find these other elements or not, princess?” Applejack asked as she shuffled her hooves.

“I don’t think so, my little pony, I think we need to make amends with Ember first, because if he is as powerful as he said then we can not afford to have him as an enemy.” Princess Celestia said.

“ I agree sister we were all rather quite rude, I think. Oh and I do believe that he is as powerful as he said he is.” Luna said as she remembered Ember's rage earlier that morning.

“Oh, Why is that sister ?” Celestia asked with a small frown on her lips.

“Let's say I had a first hand demonstration with a quite unfortunate sir Asmoday here.” Luna said as she in decade the white and electric blue dragon that had been silently watching the proceedings as he leaned on the back wall next to the crater in the wall. At the mention of his name he focused on Princess Luna.

“Was brauchen Sie Prinzessin Luna?” (What do you need Princess Luna?) Asmoday asked.

“Bitter kommen hier Asmoday.”(Please come here Asmoday.) Luna said. The Main six looked at each other in confusion.

“Um excuse me princess but what language are you speaking?” Twilight asked.

“I’m speaking a very old language called German, which is very similar to Germane.” Princess Luna answered. Before turning back to Asmoday.

“Könnten Sie die Kraft, die Sie Zeuge von Ember Geist Schild erklären.” (Could you explain the power that you witnessed from Ember Spirit Shield.) Luna asked politely. Asmoday sighed before sitting on the floor and began to retell his story.

~~~

Skywishes left her superiors office with a sigh. ‘Thank Faust that I have never taken a day off in five years, Now I have time to relax and recuperate.’ Skywishes thought. She sighed again before spreading her wings and flying off through the castle and out the front doors, as she flew she noticed that the guards were organizing in the gardens. Becoming worried she sped up and looked around for Ember. She spotted him on the same roof where she left him. She glided down and landed next to him.

“All set are you ready to go?” Skywishes asked as she shifted a little nervously.

“I am just waiting for you. Also I think were moving quite fast for not even being on a date yet…” Ember said with a sly smile. Skywishes stuttered and blushed furiously.

“I-It’s Not Like That!” Skywishes squealed, causing Ember to laugh.

“I know, I just like to see you blush.”Ember said quietly before continuing. “Any way shall we go?” Ember asked. Skywishes nodded and spread her wings and took off in the direction of ponyville, with Ember close behind. Unbeknownst to either of them A white Unicorn stallion glared as his prey escaped him again.

~~~

Later that evening the pegasus and alicorn landed outside of Skywishes home.

“Well here we are..” Skywishes said. Ember smiled as he looked at her.

“Mares First.” Ember replied kindly, causing Skywishes to blush. She shook her head and went to the front door and opened the locked door with a key that she produced from her saddlebags. As They entered the house Ember noticed that the house was a very nice dark blue, almost purple, that soothed his mind and tense body. He sighed pleased.

“The guest bedroom is this way, come on.” Skywishes said in a cheery tune. Ember trotted to catch up and followed her on the tour of the house until they reached the guest bedroom.

“Well here you are,” Skywishes said as she opened the door to reveal a medium sized room with a bed, nightstand, writing desk, closet bookshelf, and bathroom. The room was a light mint green with a perfectly depicted night sky on the ceiling. “I hope it’s not too bad for you.” Skywishes said as she scuffed her hooves on the floor nervously. Ember walked in and set down his sword and cloak on the nightstand by the bed.

“It’s perfect” Ember said as he walked back over to Skywishes and gave her a hug.

Skywishes smiled and returned the hug happily before disengaging.

“I’m glad to hear that, If you need anything my room is upstairs, second door on the right. Okay?” Skywishes said with a smile.

“Okay thank you very much, but I think I’ll just rest for now if that’s alright?” Ember said. Skywishes just nodded and turned around heading for her room, and slyly adding a bit more swing in her steps as she walked away, grinning all the while. Ember started, slack jawed, before blushing furiously and softly closing the door. That night he slept peacefully for the first time in twenty years.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait here is the Chapter 7 for your enjoyment.
Sorry if it is a little short.
Hope you all have a Great day!
~EMBER SPIRIT SHIELD