• Published 16th Feb 2016
  • 737 Views, 27 Comments

Black Winter - EMBER SPIRIT SHIELD



An unknown alicorn returns to equestria. Shrouded in a cloak of mystery, and keeping to the shadows. will the princesses find out that he has returned? will the princesses remember him and his crimes or...

  • ...
5
 27
 737

Chapter 5

Black Winter Chapter 5

Luna walked among the dream world dispersing any nightmares that she came across. As she walked past a pink door she heard a scream resonate from inside. Luna calmly opened the door to deal with the nightmare, but what she say inside was unexpected. It was the forest from earlier today along with the demon, how was currently raping Skywishes.

“Stop! Please Stop!” Skywishes Screamed, but the demon just laughed at her.

“Begone!” Luna yelled as she used her magic to disperse the dream. But when nothing happened Luna rushed forward and tackled the demon effectively putting the halt to the traumatic event.

“WE DO NOT KNOW HOW YOU ARE ABLE TO BE RESIST US BUT NOW YOU WILL FACE YOUR DOOM.” Luna yelled in the royal Canterlot voice as she summoned a Broad sword and raised it to kill the demon. Before she could strike she was thrown off and into a tree.

“ You should have not intervened little pony. Now you will suffer the same fate as her!” The demon said as he approached Luna. As Luna tried to get to her hooves a force pinned her to the tree. Luna was frozen in shock and fear. She had never been as vulnerable as she was now. Before she had been so confident as of now she felt powerless. Suddenly there was a deafening CRACK as the dream world was torn apart by a very powerful magic. The Orange bler from the earlier that day emerged from the hole that had been made.The creature was recognisable as the stallion that they had saved but it was also so different. The eyes were the first thing she noticed they were Blood Red and Sky Blue. The body structure was that of the demon in front of her. The claws were the length of a longsword and they looked even sharper than that. They too were blood red. his fur was orange but there were splotches of black residing around the hole in it’s chest. It growed as it bent its claws into fists and spoke.

“I told you to never come near her again and you ignored my warning, Now you will be destroyed soul and all.” the beast growled before it lunged and Skewered the demon with it’s claws. as the demon started to cough up blood the beast roared and stabbed the demon in his eyes the demon twitched and then dissolved from the dream world.

“I can find you now and that is the first thing that will happen when the sun rises.” It laughed before it turned towards Luna. She stumbled back and turned towards the door to escape the dream, but as she approached the door the creature appeared before her.

“Where do you think your going?” it grinned with it’s sharp black teeth and lunged at her. She flinched away expecting to feel the pain of it’s claws impaling her, but when it never came she looked back to see the creature choking and gagging as a chain pulled at it’s neck.

“Your work is done, now go back to where you came.” a voice said startling Luna, before the creature was dragged back through the hole before it shut with a pop.

“I apologise for that, he doesn’t get out ever.” a figure said. Luna whipped her head towards the sound and saw the stallion by the door. the stallion approached the crying Skywishes and picked her up in his magic before he started to comfort her.

“Who-Who are you?!” luna demanded.

“I will tell you that when you wake up but first I must ask both of you, did the demon...finish… inside either of you?” the stallion said looking at both in worry.

“No she saved me before he could.” Skywishes cried, shaking if his embrace.

“No he didn’t touch me either, but I must ask why?”Luna said as she also started to shake as her body wore off the excess adrenalin.

“Because If it had then It would have killed you in the waking world and transformed your body into a demon as well...or worse. It could have impregnated you.” the stallion said in a broken voice filled with the emotion as he remembered what had happened last time.

“How are you able to dream travel?” Luna said as she calmed down.

“Lets just say that I have a very large amount of magical potential, and leave it at that.” the stallion said with a kind smile.

“How. Much. Magic. Do. You. Have?” Luna demanded.

“Let's just say if Tirek were to try to steal my magic he would explode before he even drained half of it, does that answer your question.” the stallion said in a bored drawl along with a smug smile.

“Bu…tha…how...that…THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE NOPONY, NO-CREATURE COULD HAVE THAT MUCH POWER.”

“But I do so just deal with it.” the stallion said in an offended voice. “However I need to leave and go keep a promise before the sun comes up. and you won't have to worry about this happening again because once the source is destroyed then the soul can never invade other's minds again.” the stallion said as he rose to his hooves and walked to the door leaving Luna and Skywishes behind in a stunned stupor.

“It’s okay princess I‘m gonna wake up and go get Ice cream so I can get over this traumatic experience. Go after him.”Sky wishes said as the dream started to dissolve around the two. Luna nodded before rushing out of the dream room and turned to the left as she summoned the exit of the dream realm.

Ember got up from where he lay and summoned his phantom window and the room beyond before bringing Chocolate ice cream out and setting it beside Skywishes. He knew what she went through not by experience but by having to watch it happen to his own-‘No I won't go there, I have a job to do.’ Ember thought harshly before he walked over to the throne room doors and opened them with his magic. Ember could feel It’s anger growing. ‘I need to get out of here before It takes over.’ Ember thought as he spread his wings and started to fly down the corridors and out into the early morning night sky.

Luna awoke from the dream realm and got to her hooves. She caught a glimpse of the stallion leaving as the stallion flew down the corridor and into the night sky. Luna started to gallop after him but before she got two steps she tripped and fell, effectively faceplanting. Luna got to her hooves and looked to see what had caused her to trip. It was the sleeping bag, she kicked off the sleeping bag in annoyance and embarrassment. ‘I am lucky that nopony saw that, especially Tia’ Luna thought as she started down the hall to resume what she had gotten up to do in the first place. After she closed the throne room doors she flew down the hallway and into the night sky. As she flew in the starry night, she noticed that the stallion was flying at breakneck speeds towards the East. She flew after him, and as she flew she noticed him doing something she had never seen before. He was soaring through the sky,leaving a orange blur behind him. As he soared into her story masterpeace doing flips and tricks, loops and he swerved left, right, up, down and then he started to slow down. What he had done was amazing. He had used the night sky as a canviousand used his speed to write something in the sky.

‘I WILL ALWAYS PROTECT YOU’

The message confused Luna, she knew that he wasn’t telling her this but someone else. ‘So who is he telling?’ Luna thought as she accelerated after the stallion who had speed of towards the Frozen North.

Ember could see the location of the demon that had violated Skywishes soul. He was in a cave outside the Crystal Empire. The memories of when he had returned with it fifteen years ago. He had been flying out of there when Sombra had cursed the place, taking the empire away. Ember had flown on as soon as it had returned. It was like the empires residents was frozen in time. He had been charging his magic when he was leaving to cast a long range teleport. This meant that he had effectively charged his magic for a thousand years and now he had a emince storage of the magic. When he had learned that the empire had been gone for a thousand years he had been crushed to him the murders of his wife and children, had been sixteen years ago to him, but in reality it was one thousand twenty six years ago. One thousand sixteen years for Zerdach to build up his forces. The last time he had seen Zerdach he only had about one hundred thousand demons at his command. Now Ember had no idea how many he had under his command. Ember shook his head to clear his head of the painful memories.

“I must focus.” Ember berated himself as he flew towards the cave in the distance. His anger returned and grew in ferocity. His inner soul started to make itself more pronounced his hooves changing into claws, his eyes changing color and a hole grew in his chest where his heart was.

Ember let out a roar of fury and anger as he landed ten feet from the entrance of the cave and charged inside to kill the demon.

Ember or rather Amber as he called himself in this form, ran through the endless tunnels looking for the demon. Amber found him in a domed cave that had a lake in it, and in the center of it there was an island where the demon sat with two short swords on his lap, and the demon seemed to be waiting.

“Zo you ‘ave come at last…” the demon said as he opened his eyes to stare at Ember. Amber lunged at the demon yellin a blood curdling war cry with his sword drawn. the demon reacted to this action be blocking the enraged stallions blow with his short swords. The demon laughed said

“Begierig darauf zu sterben sind wir?” (Eager to die are we?) Then the demon thrust one of his swords into the stallion‘s chest. When the stallion didn’t scream in pain the demon looked down, and was surprised to see the hole in the stallion's’ chest.

“Wie?!”(How?!) the demon gasped in shock.

“Ich habe einen Deal mit der Finsternis selbst gemacht , man die Macht zu haben, jeden Gegner zu besiegen , vorausgesetzt , dass ich nicht nachlässig . Nun werden Sie leiden meine Warnung zu ignorieren.” (I have made a deal with darkness itself, one to have the power to defeat any enemy, provided that I am not careless. Now you will suffer for ignoring my warning.) Amber said as he shunted the Demon back off the small island and into the lake.

“Wie heißen Sie, Dämon?” (What is your name, demon?) Amber asked, as the demon got back to his clawed feet.

“Ich Heiße Asmoday, und wie heißt du?”(My name is Asmoday, and what is your name?”) Asmoday said, gesturing to the stallion.

“Ich bin Bernstein Feuer, und es ist Zeit für dich zu sterben.” (I am Amber Fire and It is time for you to die.) Amber said with a unnerving stare, before he rushed Asmoday once again resuming the fight with a clash of swords. Amber was relentless, hacking and slashing at Asmoday causing multiple wounds, but none of them were fatal. Asmoday blocked his sword again before slashing quickly at Amber's head, seeing this amber dodged but not before getting a small gash on the right side of his cheek. The pair broke apart to take a breath before Amber lunged again at Asmoday. Asmoday jumped up into the air and summoned wings to keep himself aloft.

“Sie sind schwach, um Ihre Familie zu sterben verdient.” (You are weak, your family deserved to die.)Asmoday said taunting Amber. Amber lunged into the air screaming.

“Wagen Sie es nicht!”(Don’t you dare!) Amber slammed his sword into Asmoday’s Swords the force caused the pair to collide with the roof of the cavern.

“Sie werden durch meine Klinge sterben und ich werde besuchen nervtötende pegasus fortzusetzen , was ich früher begonnen.” (You will die by my blade and I will visit pesky pegasus to continue what I started earlier.) Asmoday growled at the stallion while they struggled to gain the advantage over the other.

“Nein Sie werden nicht! Du wirst sterben!”(No You won't! You will DIE!) Amber screamed as anger completely flooded his vision.

Princess Luna was trying to find where the stallion hed gone. He had disappeared in the light blizzard and she couldn’t see any trace of him at all. She looked to the mountain range to the North-East. ‘There is nothing out here! where did he go?!’ Luna thought in frustration. Just then The earth erupted out of the ground, leaving a two hundred yard crater in the snow, while a black and orange blur emerged from the ground.

“There!” Luna said ‘As though the universe called him.’ Luna thought with a smirk, as she Launched herself towards the battle.

Amber had lost control he knew this as he threw Asmoday at the ground fifty meters away. Asmoday’s body collided with the snow packed earth kicking up snow and dirt, along with a dull crunch. Amber dropped to the ground letting his hooves take the entire impact. He barely felt it. Amber took three deep breaths and regained some control of his power. Amber heard a soft groan of pain from the second crater, and walked over as he summoned his phantom window, as Asmoday stumbled to his clawed feet.

“Bitte , Barmherzigkeit.”(Please, Mercy.) Asmoday begged as he dropped his broken blades and clutched at his chest.

“Warum! Warum sollte ich erspare Ihnen ?! Sie sparte sie nicht!”(Why! Why should I spare you?! You didn't spare them! ) Amber Screamed at Asmoday as he pulled every single sword from his phantom window, all seventy three thousand sixty two of them, and brandished them around Asmoday, waiting for his answer. He had once had one hundred thousand but they had broken over his long live. Long before he married Lilla Rose and had Lila Licht.

“WARUM!”(WHY!) Ember screamed as he fell to all four hooves and started to cry. Tears streaming from his eyes.

“Because If you don’t, then you aren't any better than him.” a voice said behind him. Ember swirled around ready for a fight,only to find Princess Luna slowly approaching him.

“Princess Luna. Of course it’s you. First, How would you know if I was better than him in the first place. Second You don’t know the story se don’t you dare judge me!” Ember snapped at her, before turning back to Asmoday.

“If I spare you then you will be killed by Zerdach, do you understand this?” Ember said as he approached Asmoday.

“Vhy vould he kill me?” Asmoday asked

“Because If I spare you, you will join me to fight him and learn to live with friends.” Ember said in a cold tone as he glared down at Asmoday. Asmoday was shocked. How could this stallion give him a second chance, after all he had done. Asmoday fell to his knees andlooked down at the ground in shame and thought it over.

“Zo… you vill give me a zecond chanze to do good? How do you know I von’t betray you?” Asmoday asked in a soft tone.

“I won’t. It would be up to you to decide to not betray us.” Ember said. Asmoday looked at him in shock, before he smiled and got up, the shadows that were wrapped around him disappearing as he embraced his second chance.

“Vell I guess that ve are friends now, I ave never had a friend before.” Asmoday said as he held out his claws. Ember smiled and shook it with his hoof as he put the mass of swords back in his phantom window before closing it.

“You know you are screwed when we get back to canterlot, right?” Ember said before continuing “You will have to apologize to Sky wishes to be forgiven. And whether or not she forgives you will affect if I forgive you. You know that right?” Ember said in a cold tone.

“Yes, I understand this. I doubt that she will forgive me though.” Asmoday said sadly.

“ It’s the thought that counts, and I believe that you also owe me that apology.” Princess Luna said as she approached the newly reformed Asmoday. her magic flickering out as she had just finished lowering the moon.

“Princess Luna, I am zo zorry that I zexually assulted you in the dream realm. I vas vrong and I am zorry for that. I hope that you can one day vorgive me.” Asmoday said as he bowed on one knee to the Princess.

“Perhaps one day, but we must be going.” Luna said indicating the rising sun.

“Got it covered.” Ember said as he teleported them all to canterlot castle.

As the trio appeared in front of the throne room doors, the Four guards there reacted already having their spears pointing at the three, ready to fight. But when they saw Princess Luna they snapped to attention and all muttered apologies at pointing their weapons at her royal highness.

“Tis alright, You were doing you jobs. please carry on.” Princess Luna said as she walked to the throne room doors, and opened them with the other two intow. As ember entered the throne room her noticed that most of the group was still asleep except for Celestia and Skywishes who were talking quietly to each other. as the throne room doors closed they looked up and noticed the two ponies and dragon.

“Good morning Luna, Who is this?” Celestia said as she and Skywishes troted over.

“All in good time Celestia. We will tell you when everypony is awake.” Ember said with a smirk as he walked over and layed down on his sleeping bag, as Asmoday took the other blank brown sleeping bag, and brought it over to where Ember was, and put it down.

“ Wake us when they get up, without ‘help’ from Celestia or you Luna, we’ve had a long night.” Ember said before he rested his head and went to sleep.

Author's Note:

Alright Chapter 5 is done.:pinkiehappy: *falls out of chair and falls asleep*
Hope you enjoy it and all have a good day. :moustache:
~EMBER SPIRIT SHIELD