• Published 16th Feb 2016
  • 739 Views, 27 Comments

Black Winter - EMBER SPIRIT SHIELD



An unknown alicorn returns to equestria. Shrouded in a cloak of mystery, and keeping to the shadows. will the princesses find out that he has returned? will the princesses remember him and his crimes or...

  • ...
5
 27
 739

Chapter 1

Black Winter-Chapter 1

Up upon the high peaks of Canterlot Mountain, a black shadow looked down upon the capital of Equestria, Canterlot.

“Ha, the blind selfish snobs have no idea what will soon befall them.” Suddenly the shadow turned its head east and seeing the approaching dawn vanished with the night.

The stallion got up from his camp site, his cloak was around his shoulders he adjusted it with his midnight blue magic

‘It’s colder this morning’ he thought to himself as he looked to the east at the morning sunrise.

“Celestia, you always do a marvelous job with the sunrise.” the stallion said quietly.

After the sunrise was over the Stallion packed his campsite and set off for Canterlot, through the freshly fallen mountain snow.

The stallion was almost half way through the pass when he saw the Shadow Beasts setting up what looked to be a drill to the side of the mountain. The rustic sword that was slung at the stallion’s side was half way out of its sheath as the stallion called to the other traveler.

“Hello there good sir, may I interrupt for a moment to ask you for a directi—whoa!”

The shadow beast had whipped out a long-sword and a spear was thrown so close to the stallion’s muzzle that it almost cut off his tongue. The stallion’s blade was out as fast as the spear was thrown. As the shadow beast charged with it’s own sword in hand, the discarded drill that looked like a box started to glow a sickly green orange color. The stallion’s blade parried the oncoming thrust with ease as his horn shot the beast through the chest with a bright blue beam. It exploded out behind the demon with a purple hew and the shadow started to dissolve into golden dust. The stallion looked around for any more threats. Finding none, the stallion rushed over to the box which was now a molten red, dropping his sword beside him he refocused his attention and magic on dismantle the box with speed and persecution, clearly having done it before. The stallion missed the second shadow beast appearing behind him as it picked up his discarded sword, and plunged the sword into his back and out the through the stallions chest, the shadow beast said “Gurd Chi Dellethe” (burn in hell), as the stallion collapsed coughing up blood, as the wound began to congeal around the blade. The shadow demon vanished. The last thing the stallion did was throw the box as hard as he could off of the cliff, then his vision went white as the box exploded.

“Having to work on Hearth’s Warming Day, what a waste.” Brass Shield said to his friend, Skywhishes

“Hey someponys got to be on duty, even on a day like today, so others can enjoy the holiday, It’s part of being a Royal Guard.” Consoled Skywishes.

“I know, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.” replied Brass Shield.

Just then there was an explosion on the side of Cantorlot Mountain, shaking the foundations of the entire city.

“What the hay…” muttered Skywishes as the green and blue fireball shot out in an uncontrolled blast.

“Come on we have to check it out” said Brass Shield

“Wait Brass, you fool…” Called Skywishes. Taking flight after him as he galloped off towards the North Gates of the city and the cliff passage on the mountain beyond.

Author's Note:

Hello Everycreature I hope you are having a good day
this is my first story please leave constructive criticism
and have a great day!
Also All Characters from the show belong to the show I just made the story all aspects of My Little Pony: Friendship is magic belong to Hasbro
:rainbowdetermined2:
~EMBER SPIRIT SHIELD