• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 5,660 Views, 543 Comments

Undertales of Friendship - ngrey651



A collection of short stories to make you laugh, make you smile, and warm your heart. With Monster, Human and Pony realms combined, the future looks brighter and brighter.

  • ...
25
 543
 5,660

PreviousChapters Next
Shiny Happy Ponies, Part 1

He groaned and moaned, turning about in his sleep, cringing, unaware of the dark form that laid hidden by his side, whispering into his ear. Poor ol' Nick couldn't handle the onslaught of horrific images that were digging into him like knives as he tossed and turned, wearing only a pair of green and blue briefs under the comforters he was slumbering in as Error Sans calmly stood nearby, his grin the work of demons. He was happy, he was sick. He was some dark, disgusting thing that God had wanted shoved under a rock and some idiot had dug him up.

And now...their plan was underway. Sombra had a gift of tapping into fear...

And one fear in particular was playing out in Nick's mind again and again. And soon, as he sat in front of the computer the next morning, his face solemn and disturbed, he was quaking slightly, unsure of what to write.

"Everything I do has real, REAL consequences somewhere." Nick murmured. "I guess it's true. Mankind truly doesn't have the power to create anything new so much as discover what was always there. Albeit sometimes we add a twist..." He added quietly, holding his brown-haired head in his hands. "What am I gonna do!? Now that I know how much damage I can do to them, how can I ever write anything? I...I need them to be happy. Yeah. I could do that." He realized, snapping his fingers. "Yeah! Screw those stupid ideas. I'm through accepting limits cuz someone says they're so! I don't CARE if it makes their world boring, I think they'd take boring over having to fight off evil sorcerers and living demonic nightmares any day!"

And with that, he began to type as he turned on Itunes and began to grin as he chugged down a Mountain Dew. Because you see, his job didn't just involve a lot of hard work. It involved...a lot of love.

------------------

"Shiny happy people holding hands!" Asgore sang out happily as he began to water some flowers outside his palace, Toriel calmly making her way down the road, a spring in her skipping step as she grinned in delight, the wind a balmy zephyr as she waved at Sans, who smiled and cheerily waved back.

"Shiny happy people holding!"

Sans smiled deeply, looking over at Papyrus as he played with the duckies in a pond, on a free day from Royal Guard duties as he leisurely leaned on his back and circled around in the pond outside of the castle, ducklings resting in his eye sockets as Momma duck sat on his chest. "yeah...shiny happy people loving..." Sans chuckled.

"Have I ever told you how absolutely wonderful I find your hair, my dear?" Big Mac cheerily inquired of Cheerilee as they made their way through the market, people's singing softly ringing through the air, Big Mac giving her the tenderest of kisses as Cheerilee blushed even more deeply than her red cheeks allowed, Spike walking alongside Twilight as she sighed in delight, beholding it all.

"Just another perfect morning in my quiet valley town." She intoned, Doctor Hooves tossing a thrown away candy wrapper into a garbage bin. It accidentally looked like it was going to bounce out, but Derpy caught it expertly, tossing it back inside. Not so much as a single speck of garbage was on the streets, everyone was cheery and smiling, children all on their way home for the weekend as the sun shone beautifully overhead. There was nary a cloud in the sky save for one that Rainbow Dash was lying on, happily snoozing away whilst Fluttershy was sitting in front of her many gathered animals, all of whom were holding cupcakes, flower bouquets and candies, all of her.

"Ohhhhh, you shouldn't have!" Fluttershy said as she clasped her hooves together, beaming in delight whilst Shinedown T. Mare looked over at his adopted son, Squirt with Frisk, Asriel and Kid as they all played what appeared to be a dancing game that he'd hooked up to his television. Ah, the wonders of modern technology.

"Thanks for helping me with this, Squirt." the little Monster Kid said cheerily, Squirt nodding cheerily with his poofy black mane, Kid now having mannequin arms duct-taped to his sides as Shinedown sighed. He was GOING to critique Squirt for keeping a "memento" from his little escapade when he realized...

"...why don't I feel...annoyed?" He murmured aloud, an intellectual concern rising in his mind even as his smile didn't leave his face. He tried to think about what Squirt had done a few months back, but the more he tried to concentrate on that, on the irritation he'd felt at seeing what Squirt had done, on the disappointment he'd felt in knowing his adopted son had broken the law for a PRANK, but...

"...I need to go." He said quickly, ducking out of his home, racing for Twilight's home, bursting down the door as Twilight was calmly sitting on the couch and reading a book as Spike sat nearby, looking over the pages. "Twilight, something isn't right! I can't feel angry or irritated or disappointed!"

"...why's that a bad thing?" Spike asked, Shinedown gaping, the Earth pony stunned by this. "Dude, just relax!"

"Twilight, something's wrong!" Chara yelled out, entering her room as a mobile twirled about over her head, Chara's eyes wide with concern. "I was looking over a photo album of me and Mom and Dad and I started thinking of my OLD mom and dad."

"Yes? And?" Twilight asked, nonchalantly looking up from her book. "Whatever is the matter?"

"I was trying to remember how angry I was that they didn't notice I was hurting, but I...I couldn't feel it! I could barely remember anything about them at all!"

Twilight blinked a bit, as if trying to focus on something, lips faintly pursed, but then...she shrugged. "Oh, I'm sure it wasn't that important. Would you like some cookies?"

"Something is very...very wrong here." Shinedown muttered. "Chara, I need to test something. A theory I have. We need to find..." He hesitated. "...DISCORD." He groaned, making for the bathroom as he closed the door behind him and Chara, Chara scratching his head as Shinedown gripped the sink.

"What're you doing?"

"Trust me on this. Discord. Discord. Discord." Shinedown repeated, looking into the mirror as Discord suddenly manifested...on the bathroom, looking up at them, gaping, an Ipad in his paw. "OUGH!" Shinedown proclaimed, cringing as he and Chara stepped back, Discord blinking as he looked down at the Ipad.

"What? I squat and surf. It's the best. I'm playing XCom right now. Absolutely wonderful game. A FAR greater improvement over that abysmal 'Trexels' nonsense." He muttered, rolling his yellow, red-pupiled eyes before realizing what they were freaking out over. "Oh. Come now, like you've never walked in on someone in the bathroom before?"

"Why can you be summoned on the BATHROOM?!" Shinedown asked.

"I don't have rules!" Discord remarked. "I didn't even know I could be summoned by that little trick you did. Probably won't ever work again..." He grumbled with a shrug before Shinedown grinned in delight. "Whatever is so funny?"

"You're exactly the same! I was right! Everyone in town but those like us are effected by something. Everyone else is all happy-happy, joy-joy!" Shinedown proclaimed, slamming his hoof into a palm and chuckling. "We've got to get hold of Queen Chrysalis and perhaps check in Princess Luna and my sister to find out what's going on with everyone else!"

Unbeknownst to all of them, King Sombra was watching, smiling darkly as he chuckled, fading into the shadows before manifesting atop a large mountaintop that overlooked Ponyville. "Such a little town...full of little people. All now utterly helpless." He intoned. "Finally we can begin our work properly." He said as he began to chuckle, and then began to laugh...

Before he suddenly felt a chill go through him and he looked around. Wait. Had he...had he felt the Earth slightly shake? He waited, and another rumble of the Earth made his eyes widen. It wasn't a normal earthquake. He KNEW what this was. Something was making its way up from the Underground, and there were only two species that did that. But which one?

The ancient tunnelway system far, far below the valley. He had to look it over. He focused and teleported himself, moving through the shadows as his eyes glittered in the blackness and peered out...the same eyes widening as he beheld the horror making its way through the expanse. He recognized those...things...anywhere. The torches. The facepaint. The SMELL.

...the horns...

"Oh my stars and bucking garters." He murmured.

...

...

...

... "I needed a VOLUNTEER to explain this strange phenomenon that's happening to us." Shinedown admitted as he trotted back and forth in front of everyone, all of them assembled in Alphys's private lab. The lights in the lab cast their shadows on the wall as Queen Chrysalis, Chara and Discord all sat together, Shinedown gesturing at his sister. "Luckily my sister needs ten bucks."

Trixie nonchalantly sat in a nearby chair, holding up one hoof...her brain somehow hovering in the middle as Discord glanced from Shinedown to her. "My boy...however is she doing this?"

"With great difficulty!" Trixie said without a hint of irony. "Be glad my hat's on!" She added, Chara giggling a bit before Queen Chrysalis elbowed him in the side.

"Shh. I want to know what's going on."

"There's different parts of the brain that have VERY heavy influence on our behavior. For example...this is the party of the brain that controls reflexes." Shinedown said with a calm nod as the blue mohawked Earth pony took a pointer stick and poked a part of Trixie's frontal lobe, as her hoof slapped her face. Shinedown immediately got a devilish look and poked it again and again. "Why are you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself?" He chuckled.

"Shinedown, really, can we hurry this up? People are...smiling through the windows." Queen Chrysalis grumbled, shuddering a bit. More and more people were accumulating outside the windows. It HAD just been Sans and Papyrus. But now Derpy and Doctor Hooves and Big Mac and Cheerilee were there as well. It was creepy. Normally she would be overjoyed to soak in so much happiness and love, but this was...TOO much. It was suffocating her.

"Right, right, sorry. This part of the brain controls blood flow..." Shinedown said, poking another part of the brain as he blinked in surprise, blood dribbling down from both Trixie's hooves as faint Latin music seemed to fill the air.

"...well THAT'S prophetic." Shinedown admitted with a nod. "But THIS? This is the part of the brain that influences happiness, joy and generally nice behavior." He added, poking that part of the brain as Trixie cheerily grinned at them all.

"Gosh, isn't it a swell day?"

"Yes. Very swell. I'll be sure to tell Wally and Lumpy about it too." Discord said, laughing hysterically, trying to keep his snorting surpressed as best he could through his paw and claws. "PFFFFTTT! HAHAHAHAHAAAA..."

"Something in the air is having a magical effect that's putting pressure on that lobe." Shinedown explained. "Uh, Trixie, hold the brain up a bit?" He asked, Trixie nodding and holding her brain up as Shinedown carefully took out some powder from one of the many pockets he had on his belt, blowing it at the brain. The shimmery black and silver dust settled, and it made the lobe faintly glow with a comforting, sweet green light as Shinedown gestured at it. "You see? Everyone's got that aura surrounding it."

"Why don't we?" Chara wanted to know before he suddenly blinked, Chrysalis shaking her head.

"I would think that'd be obvious. We're all...or WERE...evil. But..." She blinked then, looking up at Shinedown. "Why are YOU unaffected by the odd magical spell that's ensnared everyone else? I know of your incredibly dirty tricks you pulled off against Sombra and Error Sans, they were positively INSPIRED. They were sneaky, sleazy, underhanded, and I've never heard of anything so deviously shady! Have you ever considered a career in the Changeling MILITARY?"

Shinedown shook his head. "Your armor makes my butt itch." He said, Queen Chrysalis wondering how he KNEW that and deciding it was best not to ask. But still-

"I've killed before." He answered them, Discord gaping slightly, Chara slightly drawing in a breath as Queen Chrysalis raised an eyebrow up, Trixie blinking a little as she looked at him.

"Well that doesn't sound nice." She said, Shinedown sighing as he trotted over to her and opened up the hat, carefully easing the brain back in as he zipped the skull shut, Queen Chrysalis trying not to cringe at the sight as Chara "ooohed" in amazement, Discord looking intrigued as Shinedown helped Trixie out of the room, then came back, his face solemn and quiet.

"You've killed?" Chrysalis asked.

"I'm not just aware of the other timelines. I've been to them." He said softly. "And I'll leave it at that for now. But I've killed people. Hurt them badly." His blue eyes turned cold. "For reasons good and bad. And every night I feel my sins crawling on my back. But speaking of such things..." His eyes narrowed intensely. "I think I know who might be behind this. We gotta find that blue-string-using little puppetmaster and fast."

...

...

...

...and where WAS Error Sans? He'd tied up Frisk, Asriel, Monster Kid and Squirt in their home, and was now currently playing on a piano as Frisk nervously glanced about. Being possessed by Chara had left the faintest lingering dark edge on him and, after all, there had been some timelines where they'd fought and killed out of self-defense, unsure of what else to do. As such, Frisk was now trapped, half and half, unsure of what to feel, but faintly aware something bad was going on, and that he should feel afraid.

"Allow me to play for you a little song." Error Sans said as the freakishly-dressed, monstrous murderer smirked at them all, yellow, red and black hands dancing over the keys of the piano he sat at. "Ohhhh! Isn't it awfully nice to have a penis? Isn't it frightfully good to have a dong? It's swell to own a stiffy! Divine to own a dick! From the tiniest little tadger to the world's biggest prick! So three cheers for your Willy or John Thomas! Hooray for your one eyed trouser snake! Your piece of pork, your wife's best friend, your Percy or your cock. You can wrap it up in ribbons, you can slip it in your sock. But don't take it out in public or they will stick you in the dock, and you won't! Come! Back! Athankyouverymuch."

"I guess your sense of humor really ISN'T that changed."

"It's like I used to say. Ladies and dogs love me for the same reason. I always got a BONE ready for 'em." Error Sans said nonchalantly, the blue strands turning all of them upside down as he nonchalantly held up a large, sharpened bone, calmly tapping the end of it as he twirled it about. "I used to be so blessfully ignorant. And then...then I learned the truth about the timelines. It's a horror almost beyond imagining. But it's gonna end soon. It'll take a while, but the good news is that I've found out something interesting."

Frisk felt raw, pure, unbridled fear sinking into them as Error sneered at them. "Frisks like you are kinda tied together. One Frisk can influence another. And you influence so many, taking you out'll create a nice lil' shockwave. It'll be like I'm killing off five at once!"

"That doesn't sound...nice." Asriel muttered out. "Hoo boy. All the blood's rushin' to my head." He muttered.

"Oh, it isn't YET, but trust me...it WILL be." Error Sans said as he began to snigger before suddenly Sombra tackled him and shook his jacketed form. "What are you DOING?! I'm finally about to-"

"We don't have time! We need to undo all of this and YESTERDAY!" Sombra insisted fervently, his eyes wide, as Error saw something in him that he had never, ever seen before.

King Sombra was FRIGHTENED.

"What's going on?" Error asked, blinking as King Sombra's voice softly whispered.

"The Caribou are coming."

PreviousChapters Next