• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 5,660 Views, 543 Comments

Undertales of Friendship - ngrey651



A collection of short stories to make you laugh, make you smile, and warm your heart. With Monster, Human and Pony realms combined, the future looks brighter and brighter.

  • ...
25
 543
 5,660

PreviousChapters Next
The Most Tsundere Of Romances

Frisk smiled as he watched Rainbow Dash flying with the Wonderbolts. He remembered hearing how the fastest flyer of all Equestria got on the team, substituting in whenever a Wonderbolt was unable to make it, and even working with other reserve members to make them better pilots. Today the group was preparing for an up and coming air show, where Rainbow Dash would do her sonic rainboom for a massive crowd.

Frisk smiled as he felt like he was getting a private screening of that show, just for him. With everything that had happened lately with Sombra, Error Sans, and the Completionist Anomaly, not to mention Molestia and even Chara, it was nice to just have a moment to breathe. He was hoping today would be a relaxing day for him and all of his friends.

“Alright kiddo, here it comes, the Sonic Rainboooouuuuhhhhhhhh???”

But that was not to be. All the Wonderbolts suddenly scattered as a decent sized jet airliner wearing a bonnet and having a small mouth under the nose of the plane sped by, right through the formation. Frisk was wide eyed as he saw what... or rather who... it was. Tsunderplane, a plane that was rather confused about her emotions. She had confessed her love to Frisk in the underground, then said it was just the IDEA of being in love. Frisk had not minded either way, Tsunderplane was another cool monster to hang out with. Unfortunately, it seemed her admitting that she was not in love with Frisk was actually false. She stopped right in front of him, moving her wings around the boy and hugging him.... then quickly releasing.

“Ummmm... let’s pretend that didn’t happen... not that I don’t like you... and not that I do…it’s just that... that....”

“Hey! Watch where your flying you ugly bird!” Rainbow Dash called from above. Tsunderplane glanced up, fire literally in her eyes as she suddenly sped to Rainbow Dash at Mach One, the force of the sudden movement knocking Frisk over.

“And WHO are YOU, some kind of monster wannabe?”

Rainbow Dash snorted angrily, the other Wonderbolts watching with a mix of interest and worry.

“I am Rainbow Dash, the best flyer in all of Equestria, and you just interrupted the raining run of the Wonderbolts!”

Tsunderplane laughed musically... then went wide eyed. “Hang on... you were giving... Frisk a private show?!”

Rainbow Dash nodded. “Yeah! You got a problem with that?!”

Wrong thing to say. In the next instant, several chainguns appeared on Tsunderplanes wings. What she said next made everyone go wide eyed.

“Your trying to steal my boyfriend you harlot!!!!!”

“WHAT?!” Was all Rainbow Dash got out as Tsunderplane opened fire. Rainbow Dash dodged for her life, as did the other Wonderbolts, as Tsunderplane gave chase to the flyer. It wound up looking like a dogfight as the pony dodged and weaved aroudn the bullets.

“You harlot! You slutty horsethief!” Tsunderplane shouted, Frisk just shaking his head and trying to comprehend what was happening.

“OH GOD, something TERRIBLE is happening again!!” Discord shouted from his realm, trying to lose the suddenblast of pain. “Get me a medic!”

The word medic literally appeared over him, checking him out. “Tsundre...... evil.......”


Rainbow Dash few past Frisk, Tsundreplane eeping and pulling up to avoid the boy, then turning back.

“Sorry asweetie!.. .not that I am your girlfriend... not that I am not... just... she wants to steal you away before I can know! She’s not good enough for you!”

Rainbow Dash turned and finally had enough, poking Tsunderplane on the nose. “Alright you, let’s get a few things straight. First of all, WHO ARE YOU?! Second of all, I AM NOT FRISK’S MAREFRIEND!”

“Well I am Tsunderplane, the best flying monster ever, with class and speed to match. Frisk helped me see that I don’t have to hide my feelings and act all cool, I can admit my love, and show myself to the world. And since then I love him!....I mean I love him as a friend, not as a boyfriend.. .not that it would not be bad... I mean he is handsome ands sweet and soft to hug and... oh man maybe he IS my boyfriend?.. oh if he is I should have given him a present...”

“ENOUGH!” Rainbow Dash said, looking at her. “You’re worse than Pinkie Pie with your rambling sometimes.”

From out of a nearby cloud, Pinkie Pie poked her head. “I resent that, Dashie!” She said, flying off with some of her balloons in typical random Pinkie fashion. Rainbow Dash shook her head and looked at her.

“Look, as far as I know, Frisk does NOT have a girlfriend!”

Tsunderplane blushed, looking to Frisk. “You... you don’t?”

Frisk shook his head, still having spoken a word since this began. As went to say something, Tsunderplane flew in front of him.

“Oh no, my confession ruined your love life!..... not that I care.. I mean I do... oh no Frisk... do I love you or not?! I dunno...” The plane began to cry as Frisk hugged her, the plane blushing for all get out, being overly sensitive. She moaned in delight as she was hugged.

“ACK!!! CALL 911! CALL 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Discord said, the feelings some would get reading that passage making him write in truly terrible pain as Doctor 911 showed up to help stabilize him.

Rainbow Dash flew in front of her and snorted. “Look, don’t you go trying to get all gushy on the kid, you interrupted our air show practice!”

Tsunderplane glared at her. “So... you ARE trying to impress him, aren’t you?!”

Rainbow Dash growled. “Oh for the love of PETE!” Rainbow Dash stared, poking the nose of the place. “Of course I was trying to impress him! I am the best flyer in all of...”

“HARLOT!!!!!” Tsunderplane shouted, pulling out a few bombs. “You boyfriend stealer!!!” She went to fly over Dash for a bomb run when one of the Wonderbolts, Soarin, stopped the plane.

“Hold it! Holllllllllllllllllllllld it!” He shouted, the plane and the pony both staring.

“WHAT?!” They both said.

Soarin looked at them both. “Your both being childish about this! You cannopt settle this with blows, look what your last little outburst did to the area, there are bullets all around!”

Tsunderplane hmmed. “I suppose your right... not that I agree... just that your right on this one is all.” She turned to Rainbow Dash. “We will settle this in a better way, a way that will show everyone how we feel! A race!”

Rainbow Dash smiled evilly. “NOW your talking.”

“Then we agree! We will race tomorrow, and whoever wins becomes Frisk’s girlfriend!”

Dash nodded. “Agreed! Wait.... WHAT?!”

But it was too late, Tsunderplane flew off at Mach 1, knocking Frisk down yet again. Finally he found his voice and shouted out in shock.

“WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED HERE?!”

****************

Toriel tapped her foot angrily as she looked at Rainbow Dash and Frisk. This whole thing was completely out of control. She glanced over at Asgore, who fiddle dhis fingers nervously.

“SO! Let me get this straight.” Toriel said, trying to keep her cool. “You say Tsunderplane just showed up, confessed her love, then accused Rainbow Dash of trying to steal your love, and now they are racing for your heart?”

“I don’t know how it happened, mom!” Frisk said. “By the time I realized what was going on it was already over. Now they are racing tomorrow!”

She glared at Rainbow Dash. “And you, encouraging Tsunderplane! It’s clear to anyone that she is just an emotional wreck, especially where my son is concerned. And yet you encouraged this?”

“Not intentionally!” Rainbow Dash said. “She interrupted the practice I was having, then tried to turn me into Swiss cheese! Then next thing I know she is challenging me, and you know how I am about challenges.”

“Yes, I KNOW.” Toriel said. She recalled not too long ago Rainbow Dash taking a challenge to hide some Playpony under Luna’s bed. Luna sure gave her a nightmare for that one. Uh... that evil factory....

“But you are going to back out of this one.”

“WHAT?!” Rainbow Dash said. “If I do that I will be the laughingstock of all Equestria! To back out from a PLANE?! Plus Tsunderplane will become Frisk’s marefriend! You really want that?!”

Toriel sighs. “Yet if you win YOU will be.” Toriel hmmed. “Then again.... Frisk could use a steady girl in his life...”

“NOW CUT THAT OUT!” Discord called from a nearby closet. Toriel glanced at him.

“Are you alright Discord? You look pale.” She said, The chaos being came over to Rainbow Dash.

“You listen to me. This whole mess with Tsunderplane shipping Frisk is making me VERY ill, and the idea of YOU shipping him is making that even worse. So you tell me right now.. .why do you want to race?” Discord demanded to know.

“Because I was challenged to, and I never back down from a challenge. Besides if I did we have plane and human romance.”

Discord sighed. “Well that is a relief. So this is not a confession of personal love.”

“You kidding?! Frisk and I are best buds! Love would be weird.”

Frisk chuckled some, hugging Rainbow Dash.

“And besides, She interrupted an air show and nearly shot me! She should be humiliated for that one.”

Discord sighed. “And there went what hope I had for you. I after all interrupted a lot of things, including this story. But you don’t want to do that to me ever. At least, not mostly. Doing something for the wrong reason won’t work.. .will lit Toriel?”

Toriel recalled a certain talent show, nodding in agreement. Discord turned back to Rainbow Dash. “As for Tsunderplane, you might just find she is more than what she seems... if she let’s herself be.”

Rainbow Dash hmmed on that. She wasn’t sure what the game was that Discord was playing here, but his words made sense. Perhaps how she raced tomorrow would say a lot.

*****************

Everyone, monster, pony, changeling, and otherwise were present at the race between the fastest pony in Equestria and the flyer of the Underground. Somehow this had become more than a fight over Frisk, but a fight on which side was a superior flyer. Rainbw Dash realized that flying for revenge in such a case would be horrible. So... She decided to visit Tsunderplanes area of training.

She watched as Tsunderplane floated before a mirror, revving her engines, blushing nervously. She was worried sick now.

“Oh Frisk... what will do if I lose?! What will everyone do? If I cannot beat her... Oh what have I done?!” She began to cry. “NO! I cannot give in. Frisk taught me to show my emotions, to let my true self shine. I can DO this.... I CAN do this!”

Rainbow Dash was wide eyed. Tsunderplane was a lot like her it turned out. She had been nervous like this before many an air show. And the worry about if she loses?! Totally relatable. She might have looked weird, but then a lot of monsters did really, and that never made a difference. She had started all this with that insult she told her. She bucked up and walked in.

“Hey... um... sorry to interrupt... but....”

Tsunderplane looked over, blinking.

“I just wanna say... good luck today.”

Tsunderplane blinked. In her mine she wondered what to say, whether to insult or hug her or just plain cry or confess her worry? So many emotions, but finally she said one thing, her tiny mouth smiling.

“You too.”

Keep it simple, Tsundere. Keep it simple. And simple was enough to make Rainbow Dash smile.

“Sorry for what I said before by the way... I didn’t mean it.”

Tsunderplane smiled. “Sorry for interrupting your trials. It’s just... Frisk taught me what love was, then I turned him down, and now I cannot stop thinking about him. I wanna do my best, show him that I care. And no doubt you do too.”

Crap. But... “Yeah, in my own way. Al lwe can do is our best right? But when this is over... you wanna maybe hit up Pony Joes?”

Tsunderplane smiled. “Sure.... not that I like doughnuts or will lose... and not that I don’t either but... .well.... “ She shook her head and smiled. “Let’s just say sure.”

Rainbow Dash nodded and smiled. “Sure.”

The two headed out, side by side, but Tsunderplane snuck a glance at Frisk. He was so cute. She imagined taking him all over the world as her passenger, a private jet flight all for him. It mad eher blush thinking of it.

“I’ll win this for you Frisk. I promise.” She thought to herself. “Let me show you... my DETERMINATION.”

The two went to the starting line, Celestia herself standing ready.

“Alright flyers. The race will go from Ponyville to the Crystal Kingdom and back. The first one to make it back wins. Alphys’ inventions will allow us to watch the whole race so no cheating!”

The two nodded.

“Ready......”

(Insert music here folks, either Alphys takes Action or Hopes and Dreams!)

“GO!”

Like a shot the two were off, a trail of smoke left by the one, a rainbow left by the other. They smiled as they raced, Ponyville soon left in the dust as the onlookers from Ponyville to the Crystal Empire watched, cheering for either monster or Pegasus or both.

But the two did not listen. This was THEIR race alone. And slowly, Tsudnerplane pulled out ahead.

“Your gonna have to do better than that Rainbow!” Tsunderplane called, accelerating. But Rainbow smiled as she prepared to break the speed barrier. With a sudden flash, she sped on through, making a Sonic Rainboom in her wake, passing Tsunderplane at full speed.

As they neared the halfway point of the race, Rainbow Dash was pulling away, Tsunderplane giving her all. But a thought entered her head. Back in the underground, she was arrogant, keeping to herself, and full of jealousy. Frisk’s love opened her eyes, proved she could be more. She had to win... for him. She gritted her teeth, and accelerated....

And she broke the speed barrier as well, Going at Mach 2. Slowly she was catching up with Rainbow Dash, pouring it on.

Rainbow Dash saw her coming, and was wide eyed in shock. “No... WAY!!” She said, as Tsunderplane passed her right at the Crystal Empire, the blizzard around the kingdom not affecting them. Below, The crystal ponies, Cadence, Shining Armor, and new baby Flurry Heart all cheered Rainbow Dash on. Even as she began to move into second place, Rainbow knew she had to win for them. she had to pour on the speed like never before.

She felt a rainbow engulf her as she went even faster. No pony had ever done this, but Rainbow Dash was about to do the impossible as the rainbow engulfed her, and she got another burst of speed. From behind her, a double rainbow exploded, the force of it knocking over several trees and even damaging some homes.

A DOUBLE RAINBOOM!

Tsunderplane watched as Rainbow Dash caught up. Tsunderplane pushed even harder, seeing the faces of the monsters she lived with, her friends and enemies both. They were cheering her on. She had to win, for them!

She sped up even more, as as Rainbow Dash moved beside her, the plane reached her max speed at Mach 3. The two were neck and neck, the explosion of their acceleration trailing behind them. Ahead lay the finish, both focused on the end.

“For the Underground!!!!” Tsudnerplane said, wincing as she felt her insides ready to burst...

“For Equestria!!!” Rainbow Dash said, screaming in pain, unable to hold this speed much longer. But a single thought filled their thoughts. One person who risked it all, who risked his life to be better. Who... saved them all.

“FOR FRISK!!!!!!!!!!!” They screamed as they crossed... .and crashed.

Everyone screamed as the massive explosion engulfed them both the moment they crashed into the ground.

*********************

“They will have to be laid up for a few weeks... but they will make it. I never saw a thing like it... it was like they were speed itself... what a race.. and what a finish!” Doctor Hooves said, looking to his patients.

Rainbow Dash was in a full body cast, her one eye in a patch, her whole form hurting. Nearby, Tsunderplane was being repaired, her main chassis damaged, her wings completely off. But both smiled. The race had the best possible outcome, based on the review.

It was a tie. Both had crossed at the exact same time at a speed no one had ever dared to go before, and had almost lost their lives doing so. But it was without regret. Tsunderplane smiled, everyone saying how proud they were of her and RD, and she cried as frisk himself volunteered to be their nurse.

She had done it. She sowed Frisk what she was capable of and, in her own way, won his love.

“Tsunder.... You know, you need a new name, as cool as that was. How about I call you Eagle or something from now on? I mean... that race... anyone who can keep up with me is alright in my books.”

Tsunderplane just cried happily. “My own nickname... The human’s love... a friend to fly with... this is... and here is no denying it.. .the happiest day of my life!” She said, even as her wings were reattached. She “owed” some but never lost her smile, even laughing some.

As for RD, a smile crossed her face as Doctor Hooves gave her the hospital copy of Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone. Tsunderplane hmmed some.

“What’s that?” She asked.

RD smiled. “Just listen in. This is an awesome story about a brave Pegasus.”

Tsunderplane smiled. “an you... read aloud for us?” She asked, Frisk nodding. RD smiled.

“Gladly, guys. I think this may be the start of a wonderful friendship.” She smiled and began to read.

“As Daring Do crossed the tropical jungle...”


THE END

PreviousChapters Next