• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 5,649 Views, 543 Comments

Undertales of Friendship - ngrey651



A collection of short stories to make you laugh, make you smile, and warm your heart. With Monster, Human and Pony realms combined, the future looks brighter and brighter.

  • ...
25
 543
 5,649

PreviousChapters Next
Baby Cakes?

Mr. and Mrs. Cake looked at the device that they had been given by Alphys with curiosity. The cell phone was an impressive gadget to say the least, and it was usable anywhere. Plus it had been modified for pony use. However they had not gotten the full hang of it.

"Well, we have to call the babysitter soon!" Mr. Cake said. "Our train to Las Pegasus will be pulling out in a half hour!"

Mrs. Cake sighed. "Oh relax! I am calling her now.... hmmm... went to voice mail... I'll leave a message." She waited for the beep. "No time to say much, just please hurry to Sugar Cube Corner, and fast, we need you to babysit! The babies are asleep for now, but they will wake up soon!"

She eeped as she saw the taxi arrive, quickly hanging up. The two headed off, knowing Pinkie Pie would do a good job babysitting the little kids.

Except.... if Mrs. Cake knew how to check the call log, she would have seen she did NOT call Pinkie Pie...

***********

A few minutes later, a form walked into the bakery. She brought with her a bunch of baking supplies, and several little assistants.

All with eight legs.

"Mr. and Mrs. Cake?" Muffet called. She was stunned she had been called for babysitting rather than Pinkie Pie, especially since all she was doing was throwing a party for Vulkin, and…as a result…having a really hot time. Not to mention she had that order for Queen Chrysalis herself to fill.

"Hello? Sorry I have to bring work with me while I babysit, but I have a big order!" She looked about, blinking all five eyes. She sighed. "I don't get it. Why would they contact me? Ah, no matter... maybe I can eat them as pay, fuhuhuhuhu!" She giggled. "Nah, I couldn't do that to the little ladybugs. They are TOO cute to eat!" She hmmed and went to check on them.

Sure enough, just as the message said, they were asleep in their crib. They looked like little eclairs the way they slept, and Muffet awwed alongside her spider friends.

"Now that is a ponified pint of prettiness right there." Muffet said as she kissed each baby. "Mmmmm..... pumpkin and sugar, rather tasty." she aid, giggling. Well, no matter, I will make that cake for Queen Chrysalis while they sleep.

She headed back downstairs, and cracked all four of her knuckles. Nearby a spider hit the music, the others ready to bake.

"Alright everyone, time to do our dance!"

She smiled and sang to the music:


Hey there spiders, no need to sit so lazy
Time to get up and time to get crazy,
Stand and shout out,
Let's all do the Spider Dance!

Time for baking, time for pastry making!
get ready for a fun undertaking
Fun fun yum yum!
Time to do our Spider Dance!

Dance all about, work those buggies out
We have a lot of pastries to make out
Time for tasties!
Stuff that makes us spiders dance!

Grab the cook book, give it a longing look,
Let's make something worthy of a master cook!
Fun Fun YUM YUM!
Let's all do our Spider Dance!

Here we go!
Swing your arms from side to side,
side to side,
far and wide,

don't ever let both your feet touch the ground,
move them round,
with the sound,

With every single dance step that we make,
That we take,
we will bake

A treat that only comes from skills enhanced,
BY performing our hungry Spider Dance!

Bake and simmer, cook and saute,
none we catch will escape this fate,
Yummy and tasty, made not too hasty
Cooked so yummy while we dance

For I am Muffet, Spider Queen,
And I love,
My Baking!
So if you want to be a tasty treat,
Come and join in our fun Spider Dance!

As the music played, Muffet danced about, her spiders giving her all kinds of yummy ingredients, dancing about as they were mixed up int he most amazing manner possible. Baking was an art for her, like for Toriel, and her dance was the key to maing it great. But even as she danced she imagined so many of her friends, young and old, made into a feast for her and her spiders, and the thought made her mouth water…

Just waltz on in and lie on down,
On my pretty web,

And if you want, I'll transform you
Into a pastry sweet,

You'll mix and bake, into a cake
yummy as can be,

And if I do, a real good job,
YOU'LL BE MINE TO EAT!!!

Yum yum yum,
put you in my tum tum tum
Will that not be fun fun dun
when you join in my spider dance,

What you say,
Now you want to get a way,
Well I think it's far to late,
Cause now IT'S TIME YOU WERE ATE! YUM!

I'm just kidding, I would never hurt you,
But I'd love to make a dessert for you
So sit and watch
As we do our Spider Dance!

Watch and you'll see, something real amazing
A treat to make tastebuds sing!
And the secret
Is my upbeat Spider Dance!

Yeah!


Muffet sang on like this, her spiders twisting and turning, and with every move a delicious looking batch of chocolate cake batter was being put together, enough to feed a whole family.... or a queen with a big appetite. But the smell was simply overwhelming. When finally the music stopped, Muffet's chocolate batter was ready to bake. Nearby, several sugar coated spiders were ready to dive in, to give the treat that extra sweet zing it needed. Some might complain, but if they did not know what was in it, they would love it. And have!

She giggled as she poured the batter into the biggest cake pan she had. For a moment, she swore she heard a whee sound, but figured it was likely the spiders she had put in. She smiled as she set it in the big oven to bake for awhile, hmming a tune while she went to check on the kids. But first.

"Now little ones, be sure when that cake is done to take it out right away and quick cool it. I told Chrysalis to pick up the order here, so we cannot keep her waiting! She should be here any minute, so be sure it is fully baked and decorated." She smiled as she danced her way upstairs, humming the tune to her dance. As she went, she smiled, pausing for a moment as she tried to figure out how much she would make from this particular sale. Chrysalis had promised a substantial amount, and Muffet could not wait to count the bits. As she shivered in anticipation, she opened the door to the foals room.

"Pumpkin? Pound? You awake?" She asked. She blinked, noticing that this time there was not even the sound of snoring from the kiddos. She carefully walked over to the crib....

AND THE BABIES WERE GONE.

"Pumpkin?! POUND!?" She shouted, suddenly very scared. She looked about, searching every corner of the nursery, trying desperately to find them, overturning all kinds of furniture in fear, her five eyes wide.

Ohnonononononononononononononononononono!" She said, skittering about, leaving web everywhere in her fright as several of her spiders walked in, carrying a huge haul of bits.

The bits.

The CAKE.

OH. NO.

"I baked the babies into a cake!" Muffet said, wide eyed. "Quickly my little spiders, Chrysalis took the cake right?"

One nodded.

"Where did she take it?!"

The spiders reformed the shape of a train. Muffet went wide eyed.

"Oh no... she's catching the night express back to the Badlands. I have to get there before it is too late!" She hastily pulled out her cell phone. "Toriel, it's Muffet. No time to explain, just PLEASE watch the bakery while I am gone, I have to catch Crysalis before she eats the babies!"

Toriel screamed out at the other end. "WHAT?!" But Muffet hung up, rushing out the door for the train, running as fast as she could. Oh if she was too late...

************

Chrysalis smiled as she sat down on the train, looking at her freshly baked cake. She smiled as she saw how big and tasty it looked, easily a gut busting feast. She sat there in admiration of it, not waiting to eat it just yet as she resealed the box. She looked to her Changeling guards, four in all.

"See to it that nothing happens to that cake, and no one comes in. When I get back from the movie car, have it ready to eat. I want to be before my subjects fat and huggable before the egg laying cycle begins."

"Yes Queen Chrysalis." The four said, saluting. She then handed the four each some action figures.

"And by the way, these are a gift from Frisk and Chara. They are silly little toy ponies, but I do find them... .charming." She smiled sweetly, even for her. "You may use them while on duty so long as nothing happens to the cake."

"Thank you, Your Majesty!" One said, smiling and hugging her. Chryslais loved making others smile, and not just because the love shared as a result was just DELICIOUS, but because of how good I felt besides. She trotted happily to the movie car, a design by Alphys, eager to get back and eat the cake.

Outside the train, stuck to the side window, Muffet stared as Chrysalis walked away, leaving the cake with the four guards. Muffet eeped and in her mind imagined the two babies in a slice.. .suddenly chewed up by Chrysalis. She eeped and gritted her teeth.. .and lost her hold on the train. She fell of onto the sides, eeping.

"NO!!!" She screamed, using her web to stick back on, slowly making her way back onto the train. She gritted her teeth as she made her way onto the outer walkway of the caboose...

Only to be met by a train attendant.

"Ticket please." He said, looking at her with narrow eyes. Muffet fidgeted nervously.

"You don't understand.. .if I don't get aboard, there may be two baby ponies that...."

"You didn't seem to hear me. TICKET. PLEASE." He said, with a spooky look in his eyes. Muffet swallowed and handed him some bits for a ticket to the badlands. He suddenly got all cheerful.

"Thank you! Enjoy your trip!" he said as he trotted off. She sighed and groaned as she went in. The train was full of private rooms, and finding the one she saw had Chrysalis in it was going to be hard.

"EEK! SPIDER! SPIDER!!!!!" Someone said. Muffet went wide eyed. She forgot she was a spider on a train with ponies and not her usual monster friends. And some of them had arachnophobia. Muffet turned and swallowed as she saw a large mare in a big dress.

"Rupert! Sick that spider! RUPERT!!!!!" She called. Muffet shuddered, wondering what Rupert was.... until suddenly she was being attacked by a pet beetle. Muffet sighed and looked down at the beetle who suddenly stopped.

"If I were you, I would either run or climb in my mouth. Your pick."

Rupert swallowed and skittered off. Muffet smiled proudly...until she saw another attendant.

"Did I just hear you threaten a passenger?"

Muffet gulped once before she was thrown off the train.

****************

A bit later, when Muffet had climbed on again, she tried sneaking past phobia mare and pet beetle, looking for the cabin where the cake was. She knew she had to hurry before Chrysalis ate the kids! She walked along, finally opening a door to a cabin...

And finding Lyra and Bon Bon smooching.

"Whoops! Wrong cabin. Sorry." Muffet said, turning away... right into another attendant.

"This isn't your room." The attendant said. Muffet groaned once as she was thrown off yet again, barely hanging on by her web.

Until she slammed into a tree.

****************

Bruised and worn out, Muffet climbed in through a ceiling vent, sighing as she finally relaxed for a moment before heading to find Chrysalis. She opened the door that she thought led back out to the hall...

Only to find it was a bathroom door, and inside was Vinyl Scratch, just finishing up.

"Hey there spider babe. Didn't think your bread was buttered that way." She said, her purple eyes giving a wink.

Muffet groaned. "Only way you would be with me is ON buttered bread." She said.

Vinyl shivered. "Oooh.. .kinky."

Muffet groaned, opening the other door, finding another attendant.

"Oh what did I do wrong now?!" She asked, the attendant tapping a hoof.

"I was about to try and score with her, heartbreaker." The attendant fumed, removing her hat.

"Oh come onnnn-" Muffet whimpered, getting a hoof to the face.

********************

Muffet panted, bruised and worn out, as she sat in the hall outside the cabins. She had to hurry before...

"Mmm-MMM! This cake is SOO good!"

Oh no. Muffet opened the cabin door, finding Chrysalis. Near Chrysalis was a table.

On the table was a big box for cake. and all that was in it was some crumbs... and a little blue bow.

Muffet went wide eyed. She was too late. Chrysalis had eaten the babies! She wiped her lips with a napkin and rubbed her round tummy before seeing Muffet.

"Ahh! Muffet! So nice of you to come, that cake was simply marvelous. What did you put in it this time? Spiders? Ants? Maybe more?"

Muffet whimpered. "I THINK... two fillies. Two... .very.. young.... fillies." She said, tears in her eyes. Chrysalis smiled.

"No wonder it was so good! I must request the cake from you again dear! This was your best yet!"

Muffet whimpered. She was SO…SO…DEAAAAD. She got off the train at the next stop and caught a pegasus to head back to Ponyville. She shuddered at what was going to happen when the cakes got home.

"I let their babies become my cake... and not even by choice! How can I have let this happen?! I am going to lose everything now, I let two little foals get eaten, and not willingly either! I doubt Celestia will be able to RESET them....Oh what will I do?!" She sobbed as she finally arrived back in Ponyville, walking slowly to Sugar Cube Corner. She whimpered as she opened the door...

And found Toriel rocking the two foals to sleep!

"Pound? Pumpkin???????????" Muffet said in total shock. Toriel smiled.

"Muffet, that was awful big of you to admit you are not babysitter material. And hiding the kids in the oven like that! So cute! But I do have to ask... why did you turn them each into little cakes? Were you playing with them some before they got to be too much?"

Muffet gulped. "Yeah... .sort of." She sighed. She knew what to do. She snapped her fingers and had her spiders bring Toriel the big bag of bits she would have been paid for the cake. "Truth is Toriel... I almost let Chrysalis eat them in a cake…and as such I don't deserve the money for it.. .as much as it hurts... I want you to have it." She went to walk away, when the babies began to cry.

Muffet turned and saw them holding out their hooves for her. Muffet blinked.

"But... I almost got you two eaten... and I baked you into cakes.. .and I ran off.... I'm no good to kids..."

They sniffled and stared, Muffet finally taking one and rocking it, Pumpkin, the little unicorn, nomming on her hand happily. It was like one of her own baby spiders.

"Awwwwwww.... you look so cute, Muffet." Toriel said. Muffet smiled some. She made a mental note that from now on kids would come first before business, and if both worked together the result would be simply wonderful. Muffet looked at Toriel, who smiled.

"Say... I could use a sitter for the kids myself. You mind?" She winked as Muffet went wide eyed, imagining accidentally baking the three into gingerbread boys.

"Actually Toriel.... I think I will stick to being a baker than a babysitter. Better ask Pinkie Pie."

The two laughed, as did the two would be snacks. No one noticed the form who had gotten the two out of the cake just in time, Gaster's shadowy form beside him and chuckling at what had unfolded as a result.

It had been quite an interesting night.


THE END

PreviousChapters Next