• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 5,660 Views, 543 Comments

Undertales of Friendship - ngrey651



A collection of short stories to make you laugh, make you smile, and warm your heart. With Monster, Human and Pony realms combined, the future looks brighter and brighter.

  • ...
25
 543
 5,660

PreviousChapters Next
Luna's Job

Author's Note:

AUTHORS NOTE: Warning: The following work contains elements of shipping and fetish related to the canonical and headcanonical desires of the characters featured in Undetales of Friendship. Expect massive cuddling, laughter, fetish, snuggles, cuteness, action, rule 34, and dogs. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Luna smiled as she tucked her big sister in, Celestia smiling happily on her cushion. She looked at Luna and sighed.

"Dream watching tonight?" Celestia asked. Luna nodded.

"Yes. With all that has happened, I could use a smile or two." She replied. "Sleep well sister, but be warned not to indulge too much."

Celestia chuckled, drifting off to sleep, as Luna entered the dreamscape. It was a massive hall, lined with thousands of doors. Luna could see them all in a single night easily, as dream time worked far differently than time outside of dreams. With a smile, Luna chose a random door to begin. She chuckled and saw it belonged to Asriel.

"What a good start." She said, opening the door. Asriel's dreamscape was the cozy home, but Asriel was now grown up, tending to the home and teaching a new generation of ponies. He smiled as he gazed at two familiar looking skeletons, reanimated monster versions of his brothers.

Then Luna eeped as suddenly he saw Asriel blushing, a rather pretty female oat monster walking in. Who she was Luna suspected was just imagination, but Asriel sure had a fine image of what he wanted for a wife. She smiled and closed the door, chuckling as she moved to the next.

It belonged to Pinkie Pie, and as she entered... Luna was in shock. She blushed as she saw Cheese Sandwich in the audience as she danced for him like a Saddle Arabian princess, suddenly bouncing off into his arms and...

OH HELLO!

*SLAM!*

Luna snickered some at the image she had just seen and decided to move younger with the next door, getting Diamond Tiara. As she opened it.... she got a shock.

It was a cozy little farm, Diamond playing in the mud alongside the CMC, laughing happily while Silver Spoon fixed some lemonade for them all. Luna was proud of the CMC if Diamond Tiara would dream of this. She saw how happily the filly was sleeping and left the room, moving to the next door.

Next was Huey, aka Monster Kid, and he was.... ok, that was weird.

"Alphys! Alphys, the baby needs his bottle!"

Undyne. in a housedress. With Huey as her and Alphys baby. Nearby, BarkBark the Timberwolf rolled about, Huey getting a bottle from the two lovers. Luna smiled at the sight, now curious what the two wedded monsters were dreaming of.

She visited Undyne's dream next, and immediately went wide eyed as she was inside a massive anime world, with giant robot warriors fighting over a massive army of psychic warriors, Undyne at the head, shouting for glory! Luna eeped as she realized Alphys was in the mecha, blowing up giant monsters. Luna ducked out just as an explosion rocked the dreamscape.

Huh.

Next up was Alphys, and Luna did not stay long as she heard very...... telling sounds of certain adult activities. Seeing several plastic items of certain shape made her shut the door and lock it for good. Shaking her head, she moved to the next random door.

This one belonged to Frisk, who was having a dream where he was dancing in a field of flowers. Luna chuckled at the innocence of the boy, and decided to make a few revisions, adding some night flowers as well. Luna smiled some and moved to the next. she had barely started her watch and was now really intrigued.

But unfortunately her next door was Muffet, and instantly she found herself in with a massive cake batter as well as every pony in Equestria, all begging to be doughnuts. Luna eeped as she frantically made a beeline for the door even as Muffet ate a Celestia Creame Pie doughnut. Luna panted. That was......GEEZ.

Moving on, she wound up at Twilight's dream next, and half expected a dream about books. But this time, she got a shock. Inside the room was just Twilight and Moon Dancer, her friend from Canterlot. Luna watched as the two were sharing a party together, until....

"Moon Dancer..... I'm sorry."

Moon Dancer smiled as she hugged Twilight. "No forgiveness needed anymore. We will always be friends."

Luna smiled some. She decided to check out another door, leaving the two to what was clearly a shared dream, winding up at Big Macintosh....

HOLY....

WHAT IN EQUESTRIA?!

His dream had him on a big cushion, with Cheerilee nuzzling on one side and Fluttershy on the other, with Marble Pie doing his hooves and kissing them. Luna was wide eyed in shock as she checked that this was indeed Big Macintosh, and sue enough it was HIS dream! Luna was about to say something as soon in came a real shocker, with Bratty and Catty also coming in to comb his mane and to serve him fresh apples. Luna had enough, and left the room, laughing at the thought. Still, Big Macintosh, if any stallion, deserved such a reception.

After seeing that, in she went to Toriel's dream, and smiled as she saw the old Underground, and the six souls. It almost made Luna cry as she saw the souls as children again, laughing and playing like a family with Frisk, Chara, and Asriel. It was heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time, and Luna stayed for a bit, watching the kids play.

These kind of dreams she loved, the gentle, less extreme ones where happy memories were shared. She stayed and watched as the kids played, sighing happily as she moved on.

Next she wound up in the dream of Whimsun, a shared dream with Whimsalot, two biglike monsters, one brave and the other a coward. But it was the Whimsun here who dreamed of brave things, of being the one who could do anything, as in the dream it faced down an angry army of humans to save his armored older brother. Luna nodded at this dream, it likely a wish to be brave in the face of darkness.

Then came the next dream. It was that of Greater Dog, and it was very ruff, with a remarkable little boy cheering pup the armored doggy, fetching it a treat and some pants. It was simply adogable.

Ok, Luna was done with the puns, and decided it best NOT to visit Sans later as he would get another barrage. He went instead to the door of Snowdrake, who was telling his jokes in a dream on a big stage in Canterlot.

"Okay everyone, I admit being in Snowdin ws so cold, it turned all the rodents into micesicles! But seriously folks, I tried to have a hot drink in Snowdin once, and wouldn't you know it, I wound up with a cocoa cube by the time it hit my mouth! And don't even get me STARTED on the food. The chili was just to chilly for my tastes, and the only thing to drink with it was cold-aid! I mean it! Trying to find warmth in Snoqwdin was like trying to find a virgin in a maternity ward! And on behalf of the Underground, you have been a pretty cool audiance... which explains why I can see my breath! So get lost, see ya later!"

Even Luna clapped. For Snowdrake, he didn't do that bad. Maybe if he could improve his delivery he could do better, but... it was a start.

He smiled as he went to the next door, and was shocked as she saw Rarity on a platter, giggling with an apple in her mouth, Spike nearby sweating away.

"Why Spikey Wikey? Don't you like pretty gems?"

Spike gulped. "Rarity... come on, I promised not to eat crystal ponies!"

Rarity giggled. "But that is the joy of it! I'm a diamond pony, so your fine!"

Luna had to remember to give Spike a good talking to for this drea-wait....

THIS WAS RARITY'S DREAM?!

Luna shut the door and laughed. Ok, creepypasta material invoked! And speaking of which, Papyrus was next, and she heard a familiar tune as she entered the door.

"Ready for this Sans?"

"I'm not so sure we CAN be ready for this...."

"Shut up Sans! You just can't understand perfection!"

Luna giggled as she sat to listen to the music. When it finished, she barely escaped the flaming computer, and was laughing and humming the tune as she moved to the next doors. Some dreamed of great things they did. Some dreamed of their lovers and their families. Still others dreamed based on cutie marks.

Then... she reached Chara's door. As she opened it, she saw the surface of the human world, and Chara as a baby. But this time... he was not a human baby.

He was a colt, sucking on a bottle, held by Starlight Glimmer. He was gazing at her soft, smiling form, and Luna had to watch. Starlight went through the motions of raising chara as her colt, the whole life of the child going in the span of the dream. The first steps, the first words, the hugs, the love.....

Luna smiled as she checked Starlight's door..... this was a shared dream. They wanted this... to be a family together. Luna smiled and laid down, watching here for awhile as they grew, smiling as they lived and loved a history inside a dream.

Then..... the dream shifted.... and they were the same age, sitting on a hill overlooking the sunrise. And beside them was another form, someone who wanted this.

Asriel.

"One day," Chara said in a whisper, "I will show you the sunrise in the human world from Mount Ebbot. It is the most beautiful thing in the world. And they say those who see it will always be friends, no matter what."

Luna smiled as Chara hugged the two, then a third as Frisk appeared, Chara smiling at his new family and his old. Luna tried not to cry at the sight, and went to leave. But then she saw the most amazing thing of all, one that made her almost weep with joy.

Chara was dreaming that humans, monsters, and even ponies were all there, coming up to se the sunrise together, no worries, no hatred, just one big family, together through it all. Luna was smiling. This.... THIS was the true Chara. Not a murderer or a genocide master.

But a child who wanted love.

And now..... he had it.

As Luna closed the door, she began to weep happily. She looked up...

"heyas."

Sans was there.

"now you know what i knew. chara was bad in many ways... but he was also good. under all the hate and evil, under all the torment and sadness.... deep within was that hope for peace and love. here in his dream.... he wishes for the end of all hate or need for his knife... but that he could be redeemed, and that his secret wish, like frisk... is for everyone to be a family."

Luna smiled, Sans doing the unbelievable and hugging Luna. "So.. .you watch him every night?"

"yep." Sans said seriously. "he.... he is my friend. he reminds me of friends i had... long long ago."

Luna then noticed... briefly.... a small red hat on Sans head. Luna was wide eyed as she realized whose hat it was.

"You.....YOU’RE...."

"ah ah. not for me to say or anyone to know. let them believe what they want. that is what dreams are after all.... wishes and beliefs." Sans offered his arm. "buy ya a `dog?"

Luna smiled. "I'd be honored." She walked with the Judge of the Underground, smiling knowingly, and so glad in her heart the two worlds were united.

As she watched the rest of the dreams afterward, she kept Chara's close to her heart. Chara and Starlight wanted the same thing now, and it made her proud.

Maybe someday..... dreams would come true.


THE END

PreviousChapters Next