• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 5,660 Views, 543 Comments

Undertales of Friendship - ngrey651



A collection of short stories to make you laugh, make you smile, and warm your heart. With Monster, Human and Pony realms combined, the future looks brighter and brighter.

  • ...
25
 543
 5,660

PreviousChapters Next
Genocide, Part One: Fracture

Luna was frightened as she awoke. She was in a cold sweat as she awoke, the nightmare still fresh in her mind. Worse was that it was not an uncommon nightmare. For a moment she thought that the Tantabaus had gotten loose again, but then it would not have explained the vividness or even the similarity between the dreams. No... this was far different, and far worse.

Hurriedly she rushed to her sister, who had woke and was in the throne room, guards already at the ready.

"So, you have also had the dream." Luna said. Celestia nodded.

"I have. And I fear it is a prophecy of what is to come. The end of Equestria looms it seems. In my dreams I saw from the creatures eyes as it killed our friends, our little ponies, our monster allies, everyone. Not even the younglings were spared. And the being spared no one anywhere, until...."

Luna finished the sentence. "Total genocide."

Both froze at that. There were several threats of that lately, but one core being had been the main reason for them, a being that been the root of the problems from the very start.

The Anomaly.

*************************

Error Sans was running for his life. Despite making an artificial leg and arm for himself he still had almost no power after his failed plan, and now his only hope was to run. Run and hope that...

THWACK!

Something plowed straight into his back and he screamed as he fell. He rolled in the dirt, facing the night sky at the end and seeing the edge of the Everfree. And there....standing atop him, pinning him down…was an all-too-familiar sight.

“YOU?!” Error asked, his eyes wide in shock as he beheld Squirt, who glared balefully down at him, his eyes glowing a furious red color as his voice gained a foul, furious, cold edge.

“All the times you tried to murder my friends. All the times you tried to murder me. To hurt us. To make us suffer. To make this WORLD suffer. That alone would be enough to make me wanna pound the living SHIT out of you.” Squirt said, all trace of warmth gone from his voice as he lifted Error up by his jacketed form and shook him slightly. “But after what you did to Sombra?! Bad enough you were gonna betray him, but causing his death? And just when he finally had found people who loved him?! I had tried to save him and you…”

Squirt quivered with pure, white-hot rage. He looked as though he was on the edge of blowing up as his hooves gripped Error Sans tightly.

You don’t deserve Mercy. You don’t deserve an ounce of sympathy! You deserve to die for everything you did to me and the people I love!” Squirt roared, tossing Error Sans down onto the ground, putting a hoof to Error’s throat, looking as though he was going to choke him…

…until he removed the hoof and stepped back, wiping his eyes on his arm, his tone more calm and somber. “…but I won’t dishonor my father and my ancestor over you.”

“…lemme see if I got this right. I make your life a living Hell…and you don’t even have the guts to hit me?!” Error Sans remarked, sounding amazed as Squirt shook his head.

“I DIDN’T say I wouldn’t HIT you. But I’m not killing you. If that’s really the kind of person you think I am…then you’re not as smart as I thought you were.” Squirt muttered. “My dad taught me to forgive. My friends taught me to forgive. So despite all you did, I’m…I’m gonna forgive you.” The Earth Pony mixed breed mumbled. “No matter how much it might suck for a little while to feel like I’m letting you off easy, I know going down the other way’s a thousand times worse.”

“Nobody would know if you killed me.” Error Sans remarked, looking confused.

I would. And it wouldn’t matter if nobody knew. Just because nobody knows something happened doesn’t mean it didn’t still happen. You would know all about that.” Squirt added, Error cringing. “…I’m taking you out of Equestria. Maybe in time you’ll realize you don’t need to hurt people to feel less empty.” Squirt said. “Now follow me, I’ll bring you to the Bay, you’ll need a disguise-”

That was all he said. Because a moment later, a horrific, SQUELCHING sound filled the air, like a balloon full of blood and guts popping in front of Error as Squirt’s eyes widened in shock, something wet and chunky sliding down Error’s front as he gazed in shock. Squirt looked down at the gaping hole within his chest, at the exposed innards on display, briefly turning around to see, chuckling,.... a red faced shadow with all-too-familiar glowing red eyes and a sinister smile shining on it’s “creepy face”.

Squirt gaped for a moment…lip quivering as he looked down at himself, then at Error, who’s eyes were wide with shock…and then Squirt collapsed in a bloody, broken heap as Error fell to his knees, clutching his head in his hands. “Wh-what? What?! WHAT?!” He kept repeating over and over, as if scarcely able to believe what was slowly dripping down from his skull.

"You know what is so funny ERROR_SANS.FILE? It's that I planned everything so far. I watched and waited after the authors had me destroyed, manipulating their twisted ideas and intentions, opening more cans of worms. Even you and Sombra. Funny... him dying to save Equestria, never expected that one, but oh the possibility of it coming to pass made my mouth salivate. I fed on those little plans of yours, on those little ideas the authors had, on every what if and twisted possibility you have. And at last, at long last, I need just one thing to gain a corporeal form again."

Error shuddered as the being drew close, suddenly wincing in pain as he felt his heart shaped SOUL, withered and full of errors, pulled from his body.

"I need some more LV."

Error only had time to scream once before his SOUL was crushed before his eyes. In an instant he collapsed in a pool of glitchy dust, before suddenly vanishing as if he never had been. But the other being, however, just smiled as he took corporeal form, finally able to get to LV1 with the double murder he had done. He chuckled as he formed his shadowy, shifting mass into that of a twisted version of a human boy, with blood red eyes and a glowing smile. It was like a shadow of a certain boy given life. But what was worse what on his chest: a small, tiny piece of a SOUL, quivering and wriggling as if imprisoned.

"Ah yes, my old partner. I wonder how you will react to the truth? Or maybe you know and have not told anyone yet? Heh, that would be hilarious if that were the case. So.... I already know where to begin. The story is coming to an end, and like Undertale, this story will end the same way it always does for most of the twisted, sick players of the world it came from. In a true genocide, erasing everything."

He chuckled as he formed a shadow version of the True Knife in his hand. "And unlike others, I intend to finish the job willingly and wholeheartedly... well in some way." He smiled. "First I am going to remind Chara of the truth of who we are, and what he truly is. Maybe then he will realize that his return was never meant to be... but MINE was."

EEEEEEHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHHEEEHEEEHEEHEEEHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA...

**************

Frisk, Asriel, and Chara stood before the barrier to the human world. The barrier between Monster and Human was gone, but now came a new frontier and a new possibility. There was still a huge barrier keeping ponykind from meeting with humans, and so the three friends were deep in thought on what they were thinking of doing, and they knew they would have to address it delicately with Celestia.

"She is going to say “no”, you know." Chara said. Frisk nodded.

"I know."

"And even if she says yes, plenty of humans will just make them into slaves or pets, not even considering how wonderful they are."

"I know."

Asriel blinked. "So... why do it then? Why do we want to go past this barrier for the souls we need? You really think six kids will willingly let us kill them and help us open this barrier? Why would they?!"

Frisk smiled. "Because I would."

Chara smiled knowingly. "When you RESET so much. You were looking for a way to give Asriel your SOUL."

Frisk nodded. "I would give anything to have brought him back, to give him the life he needed. You as well Chara. But now.... our three SOULS are together, whole and intact. With seven others like us we can break this barrier for good."

Asriel sighed. "But... who would want to?"

Chara chuckled. "The cancer ward from your memories. They are who you’re thinking of isn't it?"

Frisk nodded. "Some told me awhile back that they wanted to help reunite monsters and humans, and to do that meant they wanted to give monsters their SOULS. It wasn't like selling your SOUL for power... but rather giving someone the ultimate gift, without any thought of reward, consequence, or otherwise. It’ll be their choice."

Chara blinked, then after a pause, he spoke. "You’ve been around Twilight more than I thought."

Frisk chuckled. "In any event, the plan is to ask those who are near death if they would want to help break the barrier before they go to heaven. I know at least seven who’d say yes."

Chara smiled. He loved Frisk and his innocent, if naive, ways. Since returning to life, he felt Frisk was like his conscience, leading him on a better path, returning life to the happy days when he was in the Underground.

No.... better. Now monsters were above ground and with a race who welcomed them with open hooves and warm hearts, where work and play were intermixed into one, where he could exist beyond being a killer. He smiled softly as Frisk turned back to the barrier, but lost it quickly. Chara still had one problem.

Recently, Alphys had examined his soul, and it confirmed his fear: It was missing a piece. Without a whole SOUL, Chara was really on borrowed time. Sooner or later his SOUL would fail, and he would pass on to the next life to be judged.

Judgement.

That word filled Chara with fear. He knew the judges of Heaven would not look kindly on what he nearly made Frisk do. It would go against him when his turn to be judged came.

But it was better this way really. This way he could have some fun with Asriel and Frisk, and when his SOUL gave out, he could say goodbye properly tohis family and friends. He did not care anymore if he went to hell, he had been there before and had been saved from it.

He was in heaven now, and when his death came.... he would go smiling at the kindness his friends showed.

"We better get back." Asriel said. "Mom and Applejack are making apple pies for us to stuff our bellies with before our trip to Canterlot."

The three turned, humming a tune, Frisk singing a few words as he walked.

It was about the best place of all.

Home.

Our home, our home,
A place to call our own.
So long alone,
Now we're home.

Best friends, warm hugs,
Sunny Days,
And a life that's filled with play.

Though we have been through troubles,
we have seen them through.
Now, at last we are going home
And this time were staying to.

Toriel is waiting with fresh baked scotch pie,
And we know we will always be the apples of her eye,
We are home.
Finally home.

Home.

Home.

Home....


As Frisk stopped singing, he looked at the others with tears in his eyes. It was a song he remembered from long, long ago, when he was a baby. It was the only memory he really had of his mom, when she sang him to sleep. The words were different now, but the intent was the same. In spite of all the crazy adventures and troubles lately, it looked like things might just settle down.

That was why what the three saw as they returned through the portal for home was such a terrible blow.

*************************

As the three friends/brothers headed for home, they knew immediately something was very, very wrong. Normally their mother's home was bright and cherry, with the fires lit inside, and the small of baking in the air. Often there would be guests of some kind, maybe one of the Mane Six or Starlight, maybe Chrysalis to feed on the happiness in the home, maybe even Asgore given recent love rekindled. But today, at this moment...

"It's quiet...." Asriel said, freezing before the blackened windows of the home.

"TOO Quiet..." Chara said, drawing the True Knife. A wind began to blow, and from the doorway blew out something that was never good for monsters.

DUST.

"Oh God." Frisk said, wide eyed, Asriel running to the house.

"MOM!!!!!!!!" He screamed, but he said no more as the figure slashed him in the dark, his form falling to the living room floor, amongst a large pile of white dust, a shattered pie tin.... AND A BLUE ROBE.

Asriel was stunned as the light came on, lit by suddenly bright torches, showing a form sitting in a chair nearby, and showing all too well how deep the cut on his chest was. He looked to Frisk and Chara with a sad look, as slowly, definitively, his body faded to dust, mixing with the dust of his slain mother.

"NO!" Chara screamed, as the figure came to the doorway, the thing of Chara's nightmares, a being that could NOT be alive. He remembered clearly, Frisk also recalling, when the six souls tore his form to pieces.

Yet here it was, corporeal at last. The Anomaly. The Completionist.

"And so mother and son are reunited again." It said, laughing maniacally, that same, twisted, horrible laugh Flowey and Chara both had, both victims of this...demon. "Why Frisk, Chara, you look like you have seen a ghost? Don't you remember me?" It cruelly shifted into a shadowy form of Asriel, Chara wide eyed, gritting his teeth. "It's me! Your best friend!" It said, mimicking Asriel's voice perfectly.

"MURDERER!!!!" Chara screamed, but then he froze. He saw it. His eyes went wide and his blood ran cold. There, in the chest of the thing that just killed his best friend and only true mom... was a piece of a blood red SOUL.

It would fit perfectly into his own incomplete SOUL.

"Ah, you see it Chara. So you recall. You know why I have it don't you? You remember that day?"

Chara swallowed. No.... Not that memory... not that last one sealed from him... but even as he begged not to see it, the bonds broke, and he recalled the very moments of his fall... and the truth of his home, and why Asriel died.

------------------<000>--------------------

Chara was broken and bruised. His body felt like it would snap like an old twig after what his family did to him. He lay there, crying out, begging for release, when he heard a voice.

"You seem sad, Chara."

"Who.... who is there?" Chara asked weakly, his body crying for death, pleading to just give up.

"You cannot give up yet. Chara, you have to stay DETERMINED!"

Chara was wide eyed. Those words. He looked about, and there, in the shadows, he saw something. "What... what are you? I cannot see you..."

"I am a force about to act on this world, one that makes people who want to see it wish to see all outcomes. You do, don't you? You want to see what would happen if you fought back?"

Chara blinked. "But.... why?"

"I like you kid. I think we can be..... PARTNERS." It chuckled. "And all I ask is a little... momento of our bond. Something I can keep with me."

Chara knew how easy it had been to corrupt him then, hurt and abused and even.... no.... no more. He would fight.

"You have a deal." Chara said, and with those words he damned his soul as the being leapt at him, breaking off a tiny shard at the center of his now blood red soul, tainting it to be determined to see things through.

And see them through he did, as he RESET back to a spot where he felt determined, back when he was ready to face his father and mother.

But this time, he had a surprise for them. He was going to hurt them and bad. He knew some flowers could cause terrible illness, and he knew just the ones for the job: his mother's buttercups.

"Let's see how you like the pain... PARENTS."

Chara grinned and made his spooky face. He was no longer truly Chara, the abused.

He had become THE FALLEN CHILD.

---------------<0000>--------------------

Chara began to sweat, seeing that piece of his soul, all his memories now finally back. He was a killer after all, he had taken power to hurt others, and no amount of doing good would ever redeem him.

"You remember. When Toby Fox first acted on this world, when he helped me make a wide open backstory, I saw my perfect partner. Well, PARTNER, I think the time has come to make it a solo act. As you can see I am physical now and not just some Anomaly. And from now on... I don't need you. But I do need the rest of your SOUL.... not that you really use it."

Frisk blinked. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, you didn't know? His resurrection was just a whim of some stupid fanfic writer who asked what if he came back to life. Pretty pathetic really, but it did make it so I had my favorite plaything back. See... we are connected. Since he sold part of his SOUL to me, if I die... well, he does too. Bet he thought he was safe when those Six Souls tore me apart. But really, six SOULS, versus the twisted wishes and devious minds of hundreds of players, all of who’s wishes wanted to see what happened if they DID kill everyone in this pathetic world?! Some maybe even reading these words right now?"

Frisk froze. "The Fourth Wall..."

"Yes. When Toby Fox made Undertale, he made a break in the Fourth Wall that so many added to by playing his little demo and making so many possibilities, both good and evil. Never before had a world offered such.... POTENTIAL. I was given life, form, and being through those wishes, and now that the Fourth Wall has extended to a new world I have even more potential. With the LV I can gain here I can break free and destroy the world that created me, taking over the dimensions for my own desires. And I mean to fill them all. I will leave no stone unturned. But first I need EXP. And something funny about that, Frisk..."

It happened so fast no one could move. Chara saw it, but even as it happened he could do naught but watch as the horrible act unfolded in a mere three seconds, as the Completionist stabbed Frisk clean through, the elongated knife the being used red and dripping as it came out the other side.

"You’re worth a TON of EXP."

"FRISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Chara screamed, getting up to take the Completionist down. But the being merely revealed the fractured SOUL piece.

"Ah ah ah." The being said mockingly. "Don't forget. You need this but I don't need you. Think about it kid. You really think you can be a hero? Fat chance. You’re just a sad little boy who was abused all his life and when given the chance for revenge his best friend choked. You’re nothing but a freak of nature, summoned back not by fate but by chance, because some author capitalized on the DETERMINATION your spirit had to live on and protect Frisk. You are a nothing, Chara, a being reduced back to LV1 by a world of Friendship, which will prove useless as its heroes die one by one at my hands."

Chara was wide eyed as the Completionist leaned in close. "YOU. ARE. AN. IDIOT."

That face. The twisted face of Flowey. The red eyed face of Chara at his worst. Merged into a being of pure evil. And Chara could do nothing as it just walked by him to kill everyone he loved, leaving him in an empty home filled with dust and the body of his partner and brother. He went to it, and gave a scream of suffering and pain, a scream that sounded the start of the Genocide Run.

Across Equestria, the sound of the scream affected many.

In Zebraca, the shamans loyal to Lord Zephyr began to pray, announcing the end had come.

Griffonstone suddenly began to shake, a prophecized warning of the End.

In the Changling Hive, the taste of pain began to fill the hive, Chrysalis particularly writhing in pain at the taste of it, unlike any ever felt before.

The Crystal Empire suddenly lost its color, and the heart turned black opal, signaling a coming darkness.

In Friendship Castle, Twilight felt and heard the scream directly, the scream echoed soon after by several others as the Completionist began his run.

In Canterlot, the princesses began to feel faint as the deaths of their little ponies began to occur, the Completionist wasting no time....

***************

"No..." Edward said, his body shaking, his brow sweaty. "No.... I won't do this... I can't...."

He went to delete the story... but suddenly from his computer shot a black tendril, wrapping around his neck.

"You will. I will not let you undo it this time. You will destroy everything and end this story like Undertale ends for so many players... .with the world ending in darkness."

"NICK!" Edward screamed. Where he was, the other author oddly heard it, and rushed to his computer... only for it to suddenly freeze up.

"What in the name of KENTUCKY FRIED MONKEY ASS?!?" He exclaimed, slamming on the keyboard. “Oh c’mon, this can’t be happening aga-” but what he wanted to say was cut off as he too was ensnared. The Completionist laughed.

"You two were warned about breaking the fourth wall. TOBY was warned. Now you will watch as your little story ends in destruction. I will kill everyone you care about. I will watch your so-called fans cry for it to end and insult you. And in the end they will do NOTHING to help. You will watch it all, and then.... I will take you over and move to the next world.

"YOURS."


EEEEEEEEEHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHEEHEEHEEHEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

PreviousChapters Next