• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 5,653 Views, 543 Comments

Undertales of Friendship - ngrey651



A collection of short stories to make you laugh, make you smile, and warm your heart. With Monster, Human and Pony realms combined, the future looks brighter and brighter.

  • ...
25
 543
 5,653

PreviousChapters Next
Genocide, Part Three: Megalo Strikes Back

Tossed aside like a rag doll, Tiamat stared at the corpses of her children, all taken out with ease by this... thing. How powerful was this creature?! Could not even dragons contain it? Tiamat focused her magic again and fired a different energy from each of her maws.

And not one hit the target.

"Awwwww.... mama's maaaaaad." The Completionist said in a mocking tone, its smile the work of demons. It had been several days since his genocide run had begun, and so few were left in the world now. The Zebras, foolishly not heading for Canterlot for shelter, were all but extinct now save for Zecora, the land they were in purged of life. The Crystal Empire now held only corpses of pony and changeling alike, including the body of a certain baby princess and the father who died trying to protect her. The changelings were now a mere memory save for only a dozen who had managed to carry their queen to safety, still in shock over such a massive loss of life from her hive. One by one each race in the world became a trickle or less, the survivors, if any, fleeing to Canterlot.

Now it was the dragons turn, and their pride had willed them to fight. But it was in vain, the Completionist by now at LV 94, his power so immense that even the dragon mother was faring terribly. He was too small, too FAST, and she’d wasted too much of her magical power already in a desperate attempt to shore up her children’s defenses...and it had all been in vain. She knew no single race would survive now, only if the races had all united might there have been a slight chance. But now there was no one left to unite, all was dead and dying.

And as Tiamat felt the bolts in her already bleeding chest, she glanced at the body of her son, Mardek. He had fought valiantly to stop this from happening, and now he lay there, her most loyal and devoted son, a mere corpse. She fell forward, her strength leaving her as she cried. It was over. No one could stop the end from coming now, no one could prevent the total genocide of all races in the world.

Despair filled her heart as it was stabbed clean through by the Completionist.

"Huh. Not worth much are you." It said. "No matter, only one stop left. All I need to destroy this world is to kill the princesses and I will reach LV 100. With that much power this world will be destoryed instantly and I can move on to the next port of call, and complete its eradication."

He smiled, looking at his form now. He stood about 14 feet tall, his blade much more ornate and highlighted, as if the blood of the fallen gave it an ominous texture of ruby and obsidian. It was now crooked and jagged, but the size of a greatsword, while the being itself still maintained the basic, twisted appearance f Chara, if only taller now. Slowly, the being headed towards Canterlot. No need to rush after all.

All around, the sound of only the wind and the stench of corpses of dragons filled the land. The end was near.

***********************

In the center of the throne room of Canterlot, the most powerful surviving mages now gathered, among them Zecora, Chrysalis, Cadence, Sunburst, Starlight, Sans, Mettaton, Discord, and the two sisters Celestia and Luna. In the center of their circle sat a newly constructed orb, which glowed with an ethereal light.

"Well... this is it, the conduit for the resurrection power." Sunburst said. "But it is worthless if we can not get the power from beyond."

"Beyond what?" Mettaton asked, his appearance much different now, his wiring showing, his new EX body a shambles after an encounter with the Anomaly.

"We are not sure." Celestia said. "I have searched through the spells for the answer as has Sunburst. But we have no answer. And without it, we cannot revive the fallen."

In one of those present, their form went grey and a black scar appeared over an eye. "But can we not use necromancy for that?"

Luna shook her head. "That creates zombies, and won't work on your dusted friends Gaster. The spell is a total reincarnation. We have done this at a smaller scale, reviving Frisk, Chara, and Asriel after their turns with Muffet, but to do something on this grand a scale takes more power than any being has."

Chara stood nearby, silent. Gaster had agreed to the plan, but not in the way he had hoped. Rather than possess Chara, he would give Chara his partial SOUL to allow Chara to call on his powers with hands. Chara knew that no matter what he was about to die, but somehow he had to get the power from....

Wait....

"Everyone.... I think I get it!" Chara said, everyone turning to face him. "It's the Fourth Wall! From beyond the Fourth Wall! That is where the power will come from!"

Celestia blinked. "But how will the authors help us?"

Gaster, moving to another form, shook his head. "They cannot. I already tried. The Completionist has bound their bodies and will to continue writing this fate for us, then he plans to destroy their connection to us and take over."

Luna looked out, wide eyed. "IT'S COMING!!!!! She cried out. It's entering the palace right now!"

Celestia looked to Chara. "I called upon my...other...to add a final defense, but I know she won't last long enough. Chara?"

Chara nodded.

"It's time." He said, looking one last time at Starlight, smiling softly, and then departing her tears starting to fall because she knew he was about to die. Sans watched and sighed deeply.

"chara, you finally get it huh. you get why i hid behind a smile, why i do what i do. because i have to, because of the hope of another day."

Everyone turned to Sans as he spoke, the door to the throne room, the only way in or out, was sealed.

"there was something i heard once, i cannot recall where now, but it said how there are so many stories where the hero sacrifices himself, and by doing so the bad guy is beaten, the good guys are victorious, and all is made into a brighter day.

"but the hero... he never gets to see any of that. he never knows if his sacrifice will have any meaning in the end. in the end.... he just has to have faith.”

The door blew open. Sans sighed.

"............ ain't that a bitch."

*********************

Molestia knew she was the last one left in the hallway. Or at least...the last one who could do anything. The Completionist stood there, calmly smiling as he glanced to the side a bit, then back at her. “You wouldn’t believe how much fun it is to see the look on people’s faces as their hope dies slowly and painfully in front of them. Especially when they can’t DO anything. I really do never get tired of watching that.” It remarked as Starlight turned to look at where he’d glanced towards.

“...Carter." She murmured.

“Yes, the phantom spirit, drawn here by his own foolishness. Unable to be seen or heard save for the dead, or who traverse the realms between. He can’t do a thing to me. And I’m just going to have him bear witness as he watches everyone he knows and grew to love die.” The Completionist said as he calmly held up the pony-skin helmet he now had, putting it over his own head like a twisted Hercules that had just slain a Nemean lion.

“I’M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!” Carter screamed, his spectral, invisible form uselessly punching through the Completionist’s skull over and over again, not connecting one iota as the Completionist advanced towards Molestia and KICKED her into the wall. She felt her ribs crack like a Twix bar as she slid down, blood dribbling slowly out of her mouth as the Completionist shook his head back and forth.

“I don’t know why people like you even bother trying to stand up to people like me. Sans really was right. You DO need to know when to just give up.”

“People who don’t care...will never understand those that do.” Molestia groaned out before she felt the Completionist yank her head up, and then toss her through the air. She tried to re-right herself in midair, panting and heaving as she struggled to get to her hooves as the Completionist snorted.

“Yeah. BUT WE WON’T CARE.” He remarked, holding his sword up high and shooting at Molestia. Her once-noble horn glimmered and gleamed, but the shield she erected shattered in an instant as he snorted. “Really? You?! YOU were gonna stop me?! THE GREATEST WARRIORS IN THIS WORLD COULDN’T STOP ME! And you think a stupid set of USED GOODS stood a chance? This isn’t some fairy tale! The good guys lose, the bad guys win, and the cute little animals get flushed down the garbage disposal.” The Completionist sniggered as he held his wicked sword up and advanced.

“You’re pathetic.” Molestia groaned out, trying to rise back up. “At least I HAD a reason for doing what I did. All you have is your pale imitation of Determination. Even what you have now is just a ripoff of the little one named Frisk. You’re just a hollow copy of something better.”

“This echo is about to surpass the true voice.” The Completionist said as he took hold of her neck, and began to SAW.

...Chara strode down the empty halls of the castle of Canterlot. the air was now rank with the stench of death and dust, the vision foggy from the dust that hung in the air. Chara knew now almost all the monsters, his family, was dead, including his best friend and his partner.

Chara looked at his True Knife, which now shone with the energy Gaster had implanted into it. Chara knew no matter what he was about to die, but he had to hope that somehow he could buy enough time for the others to get the power from beyond. He felt the spirits of his family with him, and tears fell down his cheeks.

he had heard the words of that speech Sans made. The words from Red vs. Blue, that right now seemed so accurate. He had watched it casually with Alphys and was unable to stop, but that last speech... it was so important now.

He was the hero this time. He was the one who had to sacrifice himself for a better day, and he would never know if it was worth it or not. He sighed deeply, clutched the knife tighter, and stepped forward.

"Frisk..... Asriel..... MOM..... DAD...." He said, pausing as he said the last. "..... Starlight. I do this for you." He said, as he turned a corner, seeing the corpses, and among them the tall, powerful form of the one who started it all and was trying to end it all.

"Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes. I mean look at them, they are so sore they are red." The Completionist joked mockingly, throwing a filly corpse to the side. "What, no response? No comeback? Not even a hello? You bore me."

Chara took a fighting stance, keeping silent.

"So, you really want to do this. Even at LV1 I see you are strong. But you're all alone. I have taken on the Wonderbolts, the Changeling Hive, the Griffion armies, the entire Crystal Empire, the MANE SIX, and all have fallen before me. What do you plan to do when you stand her all alone?!"

Chara finally spoke, his eyes red, his teeth clenched. "STAY DETERMINED."

Chara slashed with the dagger, as it suddenly turned yellow, bullets flying from it at the Anomaly, the form knocked back more from shock than the pain of the blow. The figure stood back up and sent dark energy at the boy, but the blade turned purple, and suddenly Chara could see where every bolt would land. The Anomaly quickly figured it out.

"So, good doctor Gaster gave you his power. Very clever. Taking the energy he managed to get from the six souls. Imagine, six elements, each one unique. Integrity, Kindness, Justice, Bravery, Patience, and even Perseverance... all six each helping to tear me apart, to help shape the world your determination would be in. But there is a problem...."

The being chuckled as suddenly six cutie marks floated up around him, and not just ANY six... but THE six.

"I have six souls working for me too."

Chara said nothing.

"See, I took their power after I killed them, a little trick I learned from watching Tirek from the shadows. Fool actually thought I would spare him after that, can you believe that?"

Chara felt the blade turn orange and slammed it into the ground, powerful fists of energy flying at the monstrous being, but the form just chuckled, erecting a shield spell around him.

"Now this is just pathetic." The being chuckled as he raised his hand and sent a beam similar to the spells Twilight used to freeze something at Chara. but the boy merely dodged again. "That... not so much."

The two charged each other, soon blade slamming into knife, the blade now a dark blue, the boys strength growing as he recalled his friends, his SOUL increasing in power. But the Completionist was no pushover, sending the boy flying into a wall of the hallway, the boy just barely ducking as a solid blow knocked down a section of wall. The two soon leaped out to the corpse filled streets of the once high class city, the being forming two familiar looking blades and swiping at Chara.

But unlike others the being fought, Chara was landing some very solid hits, slicing away bits and pieces of the Anomaly with each swipe of his True Knife. The boy focused his energy as his blade turned green, firing large fireballs at his foe.

As they connected, the Completionist reeled, sent back into a building. Chara stayed focused though, despite pain in his SOUL after that hit.

"Heh.... not bad. But can you feel it? That blow cut your piece of SOUL. You're going to kill yourself at this rate."

Chara spoke. "I don't care anymore. I was never supposed to be alive anyway. I poisoned myself to try and get back at those who hurt me and to save my family. So if I die saving them now I don't care."

The Completionist sighed. "So we are back to that stupid static again, huh Chara? You know I had more fun with Frisk than you really. He was so easy to manipulate with your help. Just frustrate him so much he wants to end it all, and he almost did it too. Yeah, he was WAY more fun."

Chara felt a rope wrap around his chest as the Anomaly pulled him close. "And let's face it Chara... I don't like it when things aren't fun anymore. I toss them aside like the garbage they are to me, looking for something better."

Chara screamed out as he was tossed into a house, it collapsing around him. But he stood up from the rubble, his lip bleeding, his one arm unresponsive. He focused as the blade turned light blue, and a healing energy washed over him. Focused, his eyes turned red and he charged again. Blade impacted blade, but the Completionist was slowly gaining ground. He, after all, had been right. Chara alone had no chance of victory, not even a slight one. All he could do was buy time, and Chara kept that thought.

"Just hang on." He thought to himself. "Fight as long as you can."

The Completionist chuckled as he formed a couple small forms of himself and ordered them to charge. But Chara took care of them easily with his blade.

That, however, was a mistake, as the Anomaly appeared behind him, forcing him forward into the street, then blasting him with dark energy.

"Damn you!" Chara screamed, as suddenly he felt his feet levitated, focusing on his toes. The Anomaly chuckle,d a terrible memory returning as it spoke.

"This little piggy went to market." He said, breaking the big toe clean off, Chara screaming in pain. With each toe the horrible routine continued, but Chara suddenly blasted the being in the chest, forcing it back as he landed in a heap on the ground. Slowly, shakily, he stood again.

"You still determined to win?" The Completionist asked. "You have an ill-developed sense of justice. It is going to get you in trouble someday."

The being used his power to blast Chara again, forcing him back into a wall again and again, making him scream in pain like he never felt before. His legs were now unresponsive, and only his determination kept him holding on to the knife. He felt the healing power wash over him and he tried to stand, but it was not enough this time.

"Strange Chara." The being said, chuckling slightly. "I had hoped you would be a bigger challenge than this. But it seems that is beyond you."

But Chara was not done yet. With what strength he had he slashed the Anmaly full force, the being reeling in pain from the blow, Chara finally starting to get up. But he was weak, and he was broken in so many places. His one arm was bleeding, his feet now had one with no toes, scars and bruises covered his form.

Yet he smiled, laughing off the pain like he had to in order to stay sane, like he had to for all his life. He looked at the Anomaly and focused on the powers that let him shoot bolts and blasts, and fired with all he had, the Completionist forced to dodge and defend from the bullet hell that Chara made.

"Just hold on... .until they get the power..." Chara thought, despite his vision clouding. He looked down and saw why.

A bolt had hit him square in the chest, and this one he could not just heal.

"You lose." The Completionist said. "Now, hurry up and die so I can kill your final friends and end this world."

Chara slumped down, sobbing. He had failed.

"Please..." He thought.

"Please... someone.... anyone.... help me......help us..."

He begged as he felt his SOUL begin to crack. He called out for help...............

But..... would anyone answer?

**************************

Edward felt his strength slipping. He knew he was almost fully possessed now, and he knew Nick was likely the same way. Desperately they punched out one last note.

AUTHORS.... NOTE.....

Please..... anyone..... help..... They need your help beyond the fourth wall.... answer the call if you can. Help them stay determined.......

And with that, they fell unconscious, unable to prevent what was to happen, for better or for worse....

PreviousChapters Next