• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 5,653 Views, 543 Comments

Undertales of Friendship - ngrey651



A collection of short stories to make you laugh, make you smile, and warm your heart. With Monster, Human and Pony realms combined, the future looks brighter and brighter.

  • ...
25
 543
 5,653

PreviousChapters Next
Rainbow Crash, Pt. 2: Burn

Twilight was stunned that it was raining again. The pegasi overhead were working to clear the storms away, but it was like nature itself was angry at Equestria. And given what was happening lately.... she couldn't help but agree.

It had been four days since the accident, putting Frisk and Scootaloo in the hospital. Frisk was recovering somewhat, but Scootaloo was still in a coma, and Rainbow as a result was often by her side. Rumors were flying how she had done this to Scootaloo on purpose, because she was ashamed... but they weren't the worst ones. Rumors that Scootaloo was trying to kill Frisk out of jealousy were being spread around, and that Frisk was trying to sabotage the air show somehow, since where he and Scootaloo were there was no way to get to easily.

Worst was that too many ponies and monsters were BELIEVING it. Five days ago Ponyville was a pleasant little town where pony and monster were side by side. But now ponies were hiding in fear from monsters, and monsters were looking at ponies with a worried look. Things were coming to a head, and doing so fast. The incident had made old worries the two species had had about each other boil to the surface.

Twilight sighed as she entered Muffet's Cafe, the outside of it stained with graffiti calling Muffet a coltkiller and baby eater. Muffet sat behind the counter, sobbing. She looked up and saw Twilight. No words were exchanged. None needed to be.

The two just hugged, Muffet looking to Twilight.

"Is Toriel here?" She asked. Muffet nodded silently, leading her back into the kitchen, where Toriel sat silently with Asriel and Chara. The latter saw Twilight and an to her.

"Twilight, you gotta do something! I cannot take this anymore, the stuff being said about mom and dad.. it isn't true! They are saying that they put Frisk up to doing that to Scootaloo!"

Toriel nodded. "And what my kin are saying about Rainbow Dash.... Twilight, something simply must be done."

Twilight nodded. "Trust me, Toriel. Something will be done. I have been talking to Spitfire, and what she told me makes what happened seem suspicious. But before we can address it I have to help Rainbow Dash. She is going so deep into depression that I don't know what to do."

Chara nodded. "I can see why. Scootaloo is still in a coma. Frisk is healing well but still unable to walk. And Rainbow still feels responsible."

Twilight nodded. "Well... what I found out may just shake that to the core. Toriel.... I need you to come with me. Rainbow may just need what a mother can provide."

Toriel nodded. Asriel spoke up. "I'm coming to. Sorry to say but I cannot say here with Muffet... you know how she is."

Muffet, hearing that, whimpered and put the cake pan away.

"Alright.... Chara, think you can get Muffet over to Sweet Apple Acres? I already told Applejack you were coming."

Chara nodded. "No worries. I can get her there with no trouble. You just get Rainbow Dash back to her awesome self." He led Muffet out, several ponies muttering under their breath how Muffet was going to eat their kids and shooing fillies away who wanted to see Muffet. Things were really out of hand.

Twilight knew something had to change and fast.

**********************

The Wonderbolts opened the door to Rainbow Dash's cloud mansion, and were in total shock. It used to be that the mansion was adorned with Wonderbolt gear, trophies for flying, Daring Do books.... basically the articles of a star athlete.

But now the walls were bare, the pedestals bare, and most of the items in large bins. Even the entire collection of Daring Do books was in a box labeled "Donations" on the side. Spitfire fumed and went to find the flyer, the others right behind.

"Rainbow Dash! Front and Center!" Spitfire shouted. There was no answer. Spitfire gritted her teeth and was about to shout again as the door opened behind her.

And there stood Toriel, Asriel, and Twilight, the youngest of which still amazed he was walking on clouds. How had Sans pulled it off without a spell?

"Your majesties...." Spitfire said, bowing to the princess and to the queen of monsters, but both eased her back up.

"You need not stand on ceremony, not now... is Rainbow here?" The goat mom said, Asriel looking about in near horror at how bland everything looked.

"Not sure... we were looking for her too." Spitfire said. "We wanted to try and convince her to join back up again. We want to help Scootaloo and Frisk too, and use the sales from the air show to help. But we cannot do that without her. If she quits... we have to cancel the show."

Twilight nodded. "I know. And with everything going on it will just up the tension that much more. If this keeps up it might even lead to a war... and that is one thing we do not want."

Spitfire nodded, everyone heading up into the castle like home of the former speedster, finding the door to her room. Spitfire was going to just knock and open the door. But... she was through being subtle. With a mighty buck, the door flew off its hinges, shocking the pony inside who turned to face the group... wearing a weather control technician uniform.

"Oh no. No no no no NO." Spitfire said, trotting towards Rainbow Dash. But Rainbow Dash spoke up.

"It's my new job. I figure I will still help ponies, still make sure no one gets hurt, especially by me, and it's good solid work."

Spitfire jabbed a hoof into the dour-faced Rainbow Dash's chest. "And you call yourself the element of LOYALTY? You have any idea what your quitting has done?!"

Rainbow nods. "Yeah... everyone is safer now. I hear them talking. I hear them saying how I almost killed them."

Twilight sighed. "Well there is more going around. Some are blaming you for hurting Frisk... others say Scootaloo did it on purpose to get him killed."

Rainbow Dash blinked. "Wait... they're saying what?"

"And that Frisk did the same!"

Rainbow raised an eyebrow. "Really? Frisk try to kill someone? How stupid are ponies?"

There is a long silence, and after a bit, Rainbow blinked. "Wow. We really ARE kinda stupid..."

"More than that." Toriel said. "I have even been accused of brainwashing the two of them because I wanted to declare war on ponies. Everyone's paranoia is flaring up."

Rainbow Dash was now interested. "That's stupid! It was an accident-" She blinked, then turned away. "I know what your trying to do Twi... and it won't work. I know it was my fault. I should have checked the area better."

Spitfire facehoofed. "Would I have let you fly if it WASN'T checked Crash? We did a full fly-through just before you began practice! They were nowhere in sight, and nowhere near that part of the Everfree. In fact, based on where they were and where the Rainboom happened... we are certain this was a setup."

Rainbow blinked. "Wha?"

Twilight used her magic to make the grid again, this time with an image of the Everfree on it, as well as one of Rainbow. "Okay, here's what happened...when you perform the Rainboom, it mostly just creates a huge gust of wind that can remove clouds from the sky, yet still be mostly just the force of heavy wind to ponies and such.. .except in two areas." The image of Rainbow had the rainboom, and Twilight froze the image, showing a straight line running perpendicular to Rainbow just behind her, and a large candle flame shaped area behind her. "The first is more dangerous, and is just behind you when you do the Rainboom. The explosive force you let off when you do it is so powerful, it can devastate anything right behind you. Anyone flying too close behind you when you do it would be lucky to survive. Then... there is where the Rainboom spreads out from." She pointed to the straight line, turning the image to reveal it was a thin circle of affect. "At close range, the force is incredibly high in this thin area once the blast occurs. It lasts only a moment and has a width hat is very small. But if a creature is caught in it they are sent flying with incredible force."

Even Rainbow, who was not very science-y, knew that meant.... "But... how did it hit the two of them? They woul dhave had to be right there right when it occured!"

Twilight nodded. "Right. And based on where they emerged, and when they left... there was no way they could have gotten there that easily!"

Rainbow blinked. "Whoa whoa whoa whoa.... What do you mean?!"

Spitfire interjected. "I can answer that. I tried to guesstimate a safe zone where we knew your little friend could not be hit if he started right out after school. The area in question would have required her to go through a large amount of brambles and even some muck."

Soarin spoke up next. "According to little human dude Frisk, he said they went in on the path by Fluttershy;s cottage, then it got real dark, and then they emerged. We checked that path... there was no way they could have emerged there without being all cut up by brambles!"

Rainbow knew what that meant. "So.... they were teleported there?!"

Twilight nodded. "Right when the Rainboom occurred."

Now Rainbow wasn't feeling sorry for herself. She had been set up.. .and little fillies had gotten hurt. She was pissed now. "WHO."

Toriel spoke up. "There is only one being who uses shadows for teleporting."

Rainbow went wide eyed. "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh.... If he did do it... and is trying to get everyone mad.... We got to get to the hospital now!"

*******************

Error Sans and Sombra entered the hospital room finally, after several days of frustration. For some time now the two had been trying to execute the final phase of their plan, but the duo constantly had visitors.

Until now.

"Now I become death, destroyer of worlds." Error said. Sombra nodded in agreement. "With this we accomplish all our goals: Frisk's death will mean the start of the war, and will prevent any future resets."

Sombra nodded. "And with the war, comes the chance to purify everything. We will achieve our goal."

Error nodded, extending a single blue strand. "This will do the trick.... a quick yank at the base of the neck and it will all be..."

WHAM! Error did not even see the rainbow crash through the window and right into him, slamming him into the far wall, pain shooting through his form. But Rainbow was not done. She leaped at the still stunned Sombra and slammed him into the wall, punching him in the face over and over, shouting in rage and not letting up.

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD!!!!!" Rainbow screamed, Sombra getting smashed into the wall so hard his armor began to crack. The Wonderbolts, alon with the Mane Six, soon arrived thereafter, seeing the still stunned ERROR and going to him. But before he could be detained, He suddenly vanished with a pop, everyone turning as Rainbow through Sombra, screaming in pain, to the ground, his armor a shambles, his face covered in blood.

"YOU COLT-KILLING BASTARD!!!!" Rainbow screamed tears pouring from her eyes, Sombra screaming in pain.

"Rainbow..." A weak voice said, but Rainbow kept hitting. "Rainbow!" The voice called again. But Rainbow kept it up, striking again and again.

"RAINBOW!"

RD turned, seeing Frisk, wide eyed and shaking. Despite his injured leg, he left his beg, limping over to her and hugging. "No.... no.... don't kil him....please... don't become like him...."

Rainbow felt his arms wrap around her, and lost it, sobbing into his shoulder, Sombra on the ground to beat up and hurt to do anything but pant and wince in pain. Everyone looked at the sight and had nothing to say, just let Rainbow sob.

Sombra finally did get up, shaking his head. "Never... .again...." He said simply. "I......... I...."

Rainbow turned to him. "If...if you ever.... hurt my little buddy again.... Frisk alone won't be enough to stop me from tearing you apart, and Error as well. Tell him that. Leave the fillies OUT of this."

Sombra faded into the shadows, Rainbow Dash trying hard to comprehend what she had almost done. She looked to the still unconscious Scootaloo, relieved she did not see Rainbow Dash at her worst.

Never again.

*******************

Two days later, Scootaloo finally woke up, and learned the air show had been postponed until she got better. The truth about what happened soon spread all over Ponyville, many adults feeling a little silly at blaming the other race. Many.... but not all.

"Guess there is going to be an element of mistrust for a while." Rainbow Dash said sadly to her friends. "And it wouldn't have been if I had just trusted all of you."

Spitfire smiled. "We are just glad your coming back Crash. When we raise the funds for the injured, we will need your skills."

Rainbow Dash nodded, giving a small smile, but nearby Frisk was uneasy. Chara noticed this and walked to his hospital bed.

"They are closer to their goal now...."

Chara nodded. "Yeah.... what will we do?"

Frisk looked to Chara and held his hand. "We all have to be ready brother. When the time comes..... we may have to do more than just show mercy or fight. We...we may have to SAVE the world."

Chara blinked. "Okay... I get that Frisk... but why so ominous about it? How can we save the world?"

Frisk sighed. "By SAVEing Sombra and Error."

Chara blinked. Suddenly things got really complicated.

*************************

Elsewhere, Error looked at the form of Sombra, totally in a cast. He shook his bony head as he looked Sombra over.

Amazingly, the plan had worked. The seeds of dissension had been sewn, and soon there would be conflict. The fear had been planted. Soon it would sprout. And when it did.... the timelines could be repaired. The Errors would be corrected. Sombra however had a different view. As he lay there, he realized twice now that human had tried to save him, and twice now Sombra had fled. What did he see in the Shadowlord? Was he that naive? That stupid?

Or was he...... that right?

"Error....I believe we need to adjust our plans."

Error Sans chuckled. "No need. The heart is vulnerable at last. Soon we will rip it out, and the rest of the body falls. The time to strike the heart is coming soon... and when it does.... We will achieve our goals."

Sombra did not answer. As he slipped to sleep, he suddenly had a vision of his armor removed, of his form held by Frisk, like a long lost friend. What did it mean? What..... could it mean?

What did the future hold?

What if.....

WHAT..... IF.....





















Deep in the recesses of the world, the pieces began to stir, torn apart so easily.

And so easily repairing as well.

It said only one thing.

Yes my two little puppets.... heal me... make me strong enough to return. Soon I will have my revenge on the traitor and his family, and all because of your pathetic dreams of perfection.

EHHHHAHAHAHHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHEEEEHEHEHEHEHEHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAA....

PreviousChapters Next