• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 5,635 Views, 543 Comments

Undertales of Friendship - ngrey651



A collection of short stories to make you laugh, make you smile, and warm your heart. With Monster, Human and Pony realms combined, the future looks brighter and brighter.

  • ...
25
 543
 5,635

PreviousChapters Next
Chara, the Demon

Chara the Demon

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER FEATURES SOME BRUTAL PARTS TO IT. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
-----------------


Edward stared at the screen for awhile. Around him the housework sat done, his cat meowing in the other room as she sat in front of the TV, amazingly watching it and the cartoons it had on it. Edward needed a new idea. But he was running dry.

And yet he loved working in Equestria. He loved seeing the story develop. He loved seeing how the story would grow. And he loved how he worked his thoughts onto the screen to make them reality. Working with NGrey, like in the past when he roleplayed with his friends, was a fun experience. But each time he faced the question he had now.

What if.

And this time he knew the "what if" to cover. He chuckled a little as he began to type. He typed a single sentence on the screen.

"What if Chara was resurrected in Equestria?"

He went to write more as the phone rang, calling him into work yet again. But he did not shut down the computer, nor was he aware of that form in his room, invisible to him despite its efforts to murder the writer. For some time now they had slashed at the writer while he worked, hating his lovey dovey happy ending silly tales of the monsters and humans in Equestria, helpless, unable to do anything but scream in futile rage. They had no power in this world.

But now, as the form was alone in the room, they read that sentence. A maniacal laugh, one heard by many gamers all over in this world, could be heard.

The fool had gotten too curious despite the warnings given to him and NGrey in secret. Now he would gain power. And now they would satisfy another bit of curiosity.

"How much EXP is a pony worth?"

********

Starlight Glimmer was reading more of the magic books in the library again, alongside Alphys and Twilight. The three were often here, doing research in their own ways, or just relaxingly reading all kinds of wonderful books. Twilight smiled as she saw Starlight reading a book on food based magic.

"I really envy you." Twilight said, making Starlight look up, her teal hair bobbing about. "For all my magical skill, yours seems at least a hundred times better."

Starlight smiled. "Maybe. But I envy you... you knew what to do with it, how to focus it to something good. I didn't have that skill, so I..." She paused. "Heh... if it hadn't been for you and Sans, I have no idea what would have happened."

"thanks kid." a familiar voice said, everyone jumping in fright as sans popped out of the hole the book had just come from. Twilight groaned.

"Sans?! How did you get in there?" She asked.

"oh, just stopped by to... BONE UP on my knowledge."

Alphys nearby tried to hide behind her book, trying not to give away the fact she was secretly grinning. Twilight groaned.

"Well, can you please get out of there?" She asked.

"relax princess, i was just hoping you could... BOOK me up with something good."

Starlight groaned, smacking her faint purple-furred face. "That was lousy, even for you."

Sans nodded. "no argument, i don't have as many rib ticklers as i used to. i sometimes wonder if someone else is writing my material."

Starlight smiled. "Well, maybe can find a book of jokes you can use."

Everyone, even Sans, eeped as Pinkie Pie popped out of another section of the shelves. "OOO OOO OOO! I got one here!" She held up a book literally labeled "1001 jokes for Skeletons to Use, a Comprehensive Work."

Sans smiled. "i think I will check it out...... I mean it is a library after all." Sans winked, Twilight finally storming out, Alphys and Starlight behind her, all three trying hard not to bust out with laughter. The two random rascals laughed for a bit....

.. until suddenly Sans' eye flashed blue.

"Sansie?" Pinkie said, looking as he suddenly grasped it.

"UUUrrghhh........ something..... something is wrong.....like a timeline just shifted...."

Pinkie pulled herself out of the shelves, then helped Sans get out. "What do you mean?"

Sans sighed some. "i first felt it not long before you came to the underground.... something... or someone... was interfering with it.... altering the timeline.....something not from either of our worlds..."

Pinkie blinked. "Like a spooooooooooooky alien?"

Sans chuckled. "eh.... whatever... what will be will be." He smiled as he always did, but now it was hiding something. First the return of Asriel. Then the joining of pony and monster and human. Then the appearance of Gaster.

Something big was starting. Or..... it was already going on.

***********

In the underground, in the ruins near the gateway to Equestria, was a single, unmarked grave, marked by a large patch of golden flowers. These flowers were unlike any anywhere else. To ponies, they were sweet and melt in your mouth good. To monsters, they made the best healing tea that could ever be made. Even humans revered them as a flower unlike any other, as valuable as the metal they were the same color as.

So it was no surprise that the grave was tended well due to the flowers. The bat ponies who moved in after the portal had opened harvested and grew the flowers well. One, a big brown bat pony, hummed the Winter Wrap Up tune as he watered the plants.

Suddenly, all hell literally broke loose. A flash of light emerged from underground, and from out of the ground emerged a mummified corpse, still wearing a green and yellow sweater. The bat pony blinked as suddenly the form collapsed on the ground, the reek of death filling the nostrils of the solitary pony.

He had no idea that, in another dimension, words were being written. Words written by a newfound curiosity. Words that made the mummy suddenly slash out at the pony. The pony eeped before running for it. But it did not matter. The slash had killed several flowers, enough to reach LV1.

The LV Chara was at the start of Undertale. The LV needed to begin the game, to be alive.

As the mummy stood there, soaking in the EXP from the now dead flowers, he saw another form weasel his way in, a UFO shaped monster who bothered everyone. But right now, he was just in the way.

Chara opened up newly formed red eyes, and grinned with newly formed lips and teeth. He was unarmed, but he didn't need to be to take this creep down.

"Bye Bye Jerry..." He croaked out.

********

Unaware of what was happening, Sans was back in is home. He was watching Asriel and Frisk, both of whom were doing homework while a nearby radio played songs by several local artists. Sans was reading his new joke book, looking for materials, but still feeling something wasn't right.

"hey kids.... you two gonna be okay for a minute?" He asked. They looked up from their homework.

"No worries, Sans." Asriel said. "I'll be as still as a flower."

"i hope not. we don't need flowey returning kiddo." Sans said with a wink. "besides, if flowey did come back, pinks would be on ya like a dog on a bone." He showed that as he took the annoying dog off of his leg bone. Both kids laughed, said dog settling in by the kids.

"good boy, toby. keep an eye on em...." Sans said, opening the closet door... or what to most people would be a closet door. See, Sans had the special ability to find shortcuts. What that meant was he could find holes in the space time continuum, things that helped him travel quickly, teleporting anywhere he wanted to go. It also was how he was able to meet and tak to Starlight, as well as always be at the judgement hall when Frisk showed up in the old days.

That was where he was heading. The hall was lovely as always, golden and awe inspiring. But now, instead of used for judgement, it was a tourist attraction for bat ponies and changelings, who came to the underground to learn about Frisk and his amazing story, images on the windows showing highlights of it now along with the Delta Rune.

But Sans knew immediately something was very wrong. As he emerged in the room,the floor had a few pools of green sticky goo on it, and dust was in random areas of the floor. And his breath caught in his mouth as he realized what he was now standing in.

The remains of Changelings and monsters. And one of them that he saw shocked him, the remains of a UFO shaped alien.

"oh my god..... they killed jerry!" Sans looked up, seeing a form in the shadows. "you bastard!"

"GlAd YoU ReMeMbEr Me SaNs." The form said, emerging frm the shadows, the same haircut, the same smile, but a different look in his eyes and a different color sweater. He might look at a passing glance like Frisk, but Sans knew this child. The entity had gone too far now.

Chara.

"Heyas." Chara said. "Miss me?"

"i thought i felt something odd." Sans said, taking a battle pose. But Chara laughed.

"Oh relax bonehead, I'm not after you. I'm not LV 19 yet. Just LV 4. Apparently Changelings ain't worth a lot of EXP..... But Jerry sure was."

Sans grit his teeth. "i thought being dead might make you think about all you've done. but you haven't changed chara. you're still the same murderer you were the day you died."

"I'm just playing the game Sans. GEtting GOLD, EXP, ATK, DEF.... I need to raise my stats. That's what it's all about." Chara said, putting a hand on his chest.

Sans chuckled. "still hiding behind that, huh? shame. I recall another time when you were different."

Chara shifted.

"yeah, you recall. you never liked Undyne much, but I was different. i remember, Chara. remember when you called me uncle sansie, and you and asriel and i were an unstoppable force of prankhood. then you went too far."

"Oh stuff it." Chara said, smiling. "Those days are long gone, from many LOADS ago. But I seem to no longer have that power. Such a shame. Guess it means that the death I may have will be permanent."

Sans sighed. "welp, guess we have no choice then, huh?"

Chara chuckled, vanishing into the shadows, before Sans heard a rumble. Looking up, he only had time to gasp as a section of roof came down on him, knocking him over and burying his legs. Not enough to do true DAMAGE...but too tight to let him loose. He was now trapped, and could only glance where Chara was.

"Did you think I wouldn't PREPARE for you? I know you like to stalk this place. But like I said, I'm not after you yet. I got a bunch more to kill first. Then when it is down to you and me left alive in this pathetic place.. .then we settle it Sans. Better hope your brother has thick bones.... because I think he may be first."

Sans went wide eyed. "no!" He yelled out.

"Or maybe.... Frisk?"

"NOOOOO!!!!" Sans let loose with a Gaster Blaster, but Chara was fast, dodging the blow and fleeing the hall. "no! NOT FRISK!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Sans struggled, tears in his eyes, but the mighty judge of the underground was trapped. He sobbed, knowing the Genocide Route had begun.

And this time, there might be no stopping them.

****

"He's been gone a long time." Asriel said, outside the rain starting to fall. The pegasi had to have a massive downpour due to there being a light drought, and finally having the clouds needed they warned everyone of the storm. As a result, several ponies had taken shelter in their homes, and three had come to Sans and Papyrus House of Cool.

The three fillies, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, had been helping a pegasus find her cutie mark, which she got as she placed the storm clouds, getting one with all kinds of weather on it, making her dad, a professional weatherpony, proud as pink punch with peaches. Too far from their own homes as a result, Asriel invited them in, sure Sans would be back soon.

But that was hours ago.

"He'll be back." Frisk said. "You know Sans, he is always full of surprises."

Asriel nodded, getting out a game for the group to enjoy when there was a knock on the door. for some reason, Asriel felt a chill in his spine. Frisk went to open the door....

As it was suddenly kicked open, revealing a form that looked like him, the lightning behind him illuminating the True Knife he held. Everyone in the room gasped, and the Crusaders suddenly had the urge to hide. Slowly the form in the doorway raised his head, revealing their red eyes and cruel smile.

"Heeeeeeeeeere's..... CHARA!" He said, laughing some.

They were in for a bad time.

****

At the castle, Twilight was gazing out at the storm, feeling uneasy. Spike was amazingly asleep in his bed behind her, and she just shook her head as he snored. Beside her however was Starlight, who was also concerned.

"You feel it too, huh?" Twilight asked. Starlight nodded.

"Yeah... something... or someone..... is messing with the world. I could sense something... no, two somethings.... and they are not friendly."

Twilight glanced over at Papyrus, who was standing proud and tall despite being asleep in his armor again. "Papyrus, round up the royal guard. We need to do a full search."

Continued snoring was the reply. Twilight shook her head and blasted him with a light electrical shock spell, making him jump.

"WHOA!!! TWILIGHT, MUST YOU ALWAYS BE SO SHOCKING WHEN I AWAKEN?"

Starlight glared. Sans really was a bad influence. "Remember she is your charge to protect!"

Papyrus nodded. "YES, I UNDERSTAND, AND I'M READY TO BOLT INTO ACTION IF NEEDED." He remarked with a salute.

Twilight nodded. "Good. Then round up the guards fast as lightning. Something is in the air and it is not right."

"WELL IT WASN'T ME, I CAN'T FART!" Papyrus replied, heading out to get the guard, as the two ponies glanced to one another. Despite the seriousness of the situation, they did chuckle. They were glad for it, because they could sense there would be little to chuckle about soon.

***

Another slash of the knife cut through the couch where the fillies kid. Behind Chara, Frisk and Asriel had been tossed aside, bruised up pretty bad.

"Let me see.... .hmmm.... .only 2 EXP each.... No matter, every little bit helps!" He raised his knife.

"STOP!" Asriel shouted, blasting Chara with his Star Blazing spell, the stars flying from his hand and sending the murdering form into the wall. "Run guys, run! I'll stall him!"

Frisk stood up, hurt but still able to fight. "Not alone." Asriel turned to him, smiled and nodded, as the CMC ran, not to simply flee but to get help. Chara, meanwhile, slowly got up, turning to face the duo.

"Well.... now this will be fun." Chara said with a smile. "At least now you're not a crybaby."

Asriel focused. "Don't make me fight you Chara. You're my brother, and brothers shouldn't fight."

Chara blinked and paused, remembering vaguely those instances from the past-

*****

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" A form screamed, jumping Edward, who was pushed away from the computer. He had come home to the story seemingly typing itself and tried to intervene, tried to show the truth of Chara. But this.. .thing would have none of it, holding the author down. Edward could only make out that it was a creature made of pure shadow. He had seen it before in a video describing Chara as a demon. Yet now he was very real, staring at Edward with glowing red "eyes".

"YOU WILL NOT INTERFERE." He faced the computer. "CHARA, REMEMBER YOUR GOAL. KILL THEM."

*****

"Kill Them." Echoed in Chara's mind, and he felt his memories fade away, focused on now. Yes, it did not matter. This was just a game after all, who cared about consequences. He had to grind to maximum LV. He had to get more EXP.

And Asriel and Frisk would be enough to et him there.

"Bye Bye brother." Chara said cruelly, raising the knife as he closed in, Asriel suddenly unable to move...

.... But Chara refused.

-----000------
In his mind, as he saw his brother lying there, he did recall something. He remembered the two of them, Asriel with Muffet's spiders all over him, trying to wrap him up for a cake. He recalled how he used that toy knife, dull enough not to hurt Asriel, to slap the spiders away, pulling him free.

"Thanks Chara.... I really thought Muffet was gonna-"

"That's what you get for trying to swat her kids." Chara told him. "I told you before, I saw enough killing on the surface. Down here... don't kill, and you won't be killed."

Asriel smiled weakly, sobbing a little.

"Oh hush up, you crybaby." Chara said, hugging his brother. "I cannot keep saving you, despite that you saved me."

Asriel hugged back, Muffet looking from her web and letting them go.
-----000-----

"......n.......no...." Chara began to say. But the voice echoed in his head.

"Come on.... kill him.... he's worth a lot of EXP, and you need that."

".....But...."

"You need to increase your LOVE to make this world pay."

Asriel watched as he saw Chara seeming to struggle with something in himself. Frisk blinked as he watched.

"What.. what is he.....?"

But Chara focused. "No.... I am CHARA! I will destroy everything!!!!!"

"There you go." the voice echoed in his head. "Now that sounds like a marvelous idea."

-----000-----

Chara thought back to his parents, who hated him..... them.... from birth. They called them a demon.... rallied the town around them, said they'd did terrible things as they got older.

They listened and did those things. They did not notice or care that so many tried to defend them. They blocked out the children who begged for mercy. They laughed at the dark pranks on the elderly who tried to stay out of it. They grew more angry when the "System" that could have helped him refused. And they grinned evilly when the parents decided to try and kill him on Mount Ebbot, with no one caring if it happened or not.

Weaklings. Too bad they likely did not know about the buttercups in their tea at home. After all, one thing he learned. In this world...

-----000-----

"IT'S KILL OR BE KILLED!" Chara said, about to leap at Frisk as a blast sent him flying. Chara was slammed through a window of the now ruined home, landing outside. As he got up, he saw before him Princess Twilight Sparkle and several Royal Guardponies....

And one skeleton. Chara laughed as they saw Papyrus, like an old treasure, his red eyes glowing.

"Well well well. If it isn't Puny Papyrus. And where is your brother, hmmm??? Oh that's right, I took care of him already. But don't worry, you'll be seeing him soon. After all, as he says, creatures like you.... SHOULD BE BURNING IN HELL!"

Twilight went wide eyed as she felt a terrible aura around the child. This.... thing was powerful. And she felt like he was getting.... no, THEY were getting stronger!

"NO... .YOU... YOU'RE CHARA! BUT.... HOW? HOW CAN YOU BE....?" Papyrus gasped.

Chara twirled his knife in one hand, nonchalantly smiling. "Alive? Let's just say... the writing was on the wall."

"Take him!" A guard said. The ponies charged, but Chara was no mere boy. They were a monster, a demon, and a master fighter. As the ponies charged they tried to hold him down, but one by one Chara slashed them. It was thankfully not enough to kill them, but they were sorely wounded, one pony even having a broken leg from the intensity of the knife slice.

"LOOK OUT!!!" Papyrus screamed as Chara charged Twilight. But Papyrus knew what it meant to be a royal guard. Defend and honor the land. Protect those you care about. As Chara slashed, Papyrus pushed Twilight out of the way...

And he took the slice himself. Papyrus went wide eyed as he fell to his knees, his armor slashed into like it was made of butter, screaming in pain.

But Chara chuckled.

"Oh, stop whining. You're not dead yet." He said, pointing his knife at him, Papyrus staring with a mix of fear and defiance. "And I stress YET."

"PAPYRUS!!!!!!" Twilight screamed, Chara laughing as he raised the knife.


TO BE CONTINUED...

PreviousChapters Next