• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 5,660 Views, 543 Comments

Undertales of Friendship - ngrey651



A collection of short stories to make you laugh, make you smile, and warm your heart. With Monster, Human and Pony realms combined, the future looks brighter and brighter.

  • ...
25
 543
 5,660

PreviousChapters Next
Tiamat's Return, Part 2

Hearthstone, the capital of Dragonkind. A land of stone and fire, the walls of different shades of brick. The capital had been remade and restructured ten times over, built around an enormous volcano. Fire didn't bother most dragons, so what did THEY have to lose? Buildings of deep grey and black stone softly glittered in the sunlight, towering structures forged in burning fire with many a perch for the elder dragons to roost upon rose up into the sky, with glistening, almost crystalline pillars in half-circle designs that made up various meeting places. Dragons were speaking to each other by burning bonfires, roasting fresh meat and drinking what was clearly alcohol, getting positively hammered whilst several dragons stood over the bonfire, taller and stronger than the others, all telling stories.

The roads had been carefully re-paved and its princess, Ember Crownflame, was now nonchalantly walking down one with a platoon of guards as Asriel Dreemurr walked along with her, the light-teal-scaled dragoness cheerily having the mighty scepter behind her back as she chatted it up. THE Scepter. The Bloodstone Scepter.

A ruby red as blood at the top of a curved purple staff that twisted up into two claws that held the stone in place, it gleamed bright as her burning eyes as she looked Asriel over, listening to him speak.

"So, the way Papyrus tells it, and the way ALPHYS says it, and the way the good doctor said, evidently all of them were at the lab, and trying to help out with some issues with the CORE, the machine that powered all the technology in the Underground. It converted magma into energy and all that stuff."

"That's pretty impressive." Ember admitted with a grin. "So what about Sans? Your skeleton friend, the comedian?"

"Well, they're trying to get the CORE fixed up, and Sans is running on "Sans Time". As Alphys always said, it's like you add half an hour and multiply by two if it's Taco Tuesday or the like." Asriel chuckled as they walked along the roads, passing close to one immense wall with carefully inscribed burning-hot letters and pictures made of what appeared to be living flame, an enormous metallic “heart” in the center of the city on display on said wall. The wall was the "history of Dragonkind", and every time new history was made, more would be added to it. "So then Sans calls Gaster up on his phone, and he's like "Well, where are you?!" And so Sans says "oh, uh, had to pop right back home. was right outside but had to come back home." And Gaster goes "You had to come back?" "yeah. i had to run back. i forgot my pants"."

Asriel began to giggle almost madly. "I SWEAR to you, in the name of all things holy and sacred! He said..."I had to run back...I forgot my pants." And Dr. Gaster just holds the phone up, mouth gaping and he finally says "You...forgot your pants." "yeah, be back in about five." BOOP. End of the call. The doc turns to everyone else. "He forgot his PANTS." And...there's like SILENCE in the lab. You could hear a pin drop, and finally!" Asriel wiped a tear away from his eye, Ember giggling so hard that she almost fell to her knees. "Finally Alphys asks "How do you forget your" "I DON'T KNOW!"."

"He forgot!? HIS PANTS?!" Ember finally managed to get out in between her laughs, the guards chuckling themselves as they stopped at the wall, Ember trying to steady herself as Asriel held himself at his sides.

"And! And the thing was? It was SO STUPID! It HAD to be true! Y-you don't lie about something like that! Y-you'd say 'I overslept' or something like that! You don't make up a lie so dumb that you say "I forgot my PANTS"!" Asriel guffawed as he laughed and laughed before suddenly taking notice of something that took his breath away. "OHHH. Is...is that?" He murmured, pointing up.

Ember saw what he was pointing at and sighed as she nodded, recomposing herself as she pointed with the Bloodstone Scepter. "Yes. That...is Tiamat." She remarked, pointing at a part of the wall that showed off Tiamat and her husband in a vicious pile, clearly deceased, triumphant dragons standing over her. "It was quite the sight from what the records tell us. They actually built the first capitol over Apsu's bones, just to show him. It sank into the volcano. This was, of course, BEFORE we developed much stronger resistance to volcanoes." She added with a cringe. "He must have been laughing his ass off from Hell."

"Oh, I'm sure he was. I know I was." A voice rang out, loud, proud and slightly maternal as they all stiffened and wheeled up, looking up into the sky as dragons roared and howled in fury and horror, Tiamat folding her arms over her well-toned chest as she smirked a little. "How good to finally come back home. And I see you have the Bloodstone Scepter."

"Oh no you don't!" Ember yelled, pointing it at her. "We ripped this from your very heart! You can't control all of us properly without it and you're not getting it back!" She proclaimed.

"I could beat you all into giving it back into me, my dear. Sometimes a mother must use force to help her children understand that actions have consequences. Not always...but sometimes." Tiamat intoned as Asriel stepped forward, hands clenching as he made them fists.

"STAR BLAZ-"

"MUTE." Tiamat proclaimed, pointing squarely at Asriel as he gasped, holding his paws up to his throat, his voice now seemingly stolen as he blinked in surprise. "My dear little lamb, I'm not just goddess of dragons, I'm a skilled magus. It was my husband who was better at raw fighting prowess. But, well, after years of having my spirit and mind ripped from me, and with nothing but time on my hands as I planned my return from a place way beyond this world...I developed everything I'd need to finally take my rightful place back. And my rightful kingdom."

"Bring it, BITCH!" Ember yelled out proudly. "Everyone, none of this "one on one" nonsense, SWARM HER! Force her back into the volcano, she'll be unable to handle it!" She proclaimed as she grinned in pride. The dragons of Hearthstone racing through the air, fists flying as Tiamat held up her clawed hands.

"PROTECT." She announced, a shimmering shield surrounding her as the dragons tried to pound on her. It was almost like a horde of pirhana trying to tear apart a cow that had stupidly wandered into the Amazon river. Yet despite their continued punching and clawing and biting, none of their attacks seemed to be working.

"It ain't WORKING!" One of the dragon guard yelled out before one of Tiamat's many heads batted him away, her tail wrapping around another as she began using him as a CLUB, beating several dragons over the head, sending them plumetting to the ground. THWAKKA-THWAKKA! Over and over again she kept clobbering them, not showing any signs of letting up as her many hands bit and gnawed on OTHER dragons.

"If we can't force her into the volcano, I'll bring the volcano to HER." Ember reasoned as she and Asriel raced towards the volcano. All she had to do was get close enough to-

But then she and Asriel took a step right near a "stone" that rolled towards them exploded into mist and the two collapsed, coughing and spluttering as Mardek picked up the fallen Bloodstone Ember, walking out from behind a nearby rock and grinning. "I KNEW you'd make for the volcano." He told them. "This is why you must always come prepared. I got a grenade for EVERY occasion." He said as he whistled sharply, his mother grinning in delight.

It was time. She held her hands up and focused intensely. "WARP!" She proclaimed.

With a flash of light, she had teleported from the skies above...to her son below. Picking up the Scepter he gave her, Tiamat pulled the bloodstone out, and reached up to her chest as Mardek tied up Asriel and Ember, the two barely concious and able to see as Tiamat seemingly pulled her chest open, placing the stone in her heart...now fully formed.

Her eyes faintly glowed as Ember let out a gasp, an ususual tingling sensation digging its claws into her as the other dragons all flew down at once, bowing before their matriarch as Tiamat calmly clapped her hands together. "Ahhh, wonderful, wonderful. So much to do, so little time. First thing's first..." She remarked, snapping her clawed hands at Asriel. "ESUNA."

With a THWOOSH like wind, a healing green balm bathed over Asriel, his muteness cured as she smirked at him. "I want you concious so you can tell me about your little friends."

"You might want to do more than simply talk to him." A voice like squishing bugs remarked as she turned, seeing a dark, bony form standing there, eyes looking as though he was eternally crying, Error Sans smirking a bit. "His friends, those children you dismissed, are already on their way. Good on you to use the Lich heart I left out for you, but you shoulda done more than that, Mardek." Error told Mardek with a laugh.

"You LET me take it?!" Mardek grumbled darkly. "What do you want?!"

"The same thing you want. Them out of the way. You're not very GOOD at that though. But hey, now ya got a second chance." Error said with a grin. "They're on their way here from the graveyard, coming in from the Southeast. This time...no foul ups." He added with a dark glint before teleporting away, Tiamat scratching her main head thoughtfully before turning to Asriel.

"Don't you even THINK about hurting them!" Asriel said as he clenched his fist. "CHAOS SABER!" He proclaimed as a powerful-looking heart-insignia'd saber formed in one hand, Mardek making a move to step forward before Tiamat held a clawed hand up.

"Mardek my dear, why not prepare for our "guests"? I can handle ONE unruly child, I believe." She reasoned with a little Mona Lisa smile on every one of her scaly lips. Mardek saluted, whistling sharply as other dragons followed him, Tiamat calmly dusting herself off as she faced down Asriel.

"I'm not letting you get away with this."

"You enjoy cartoons, don't you dear?" She inquired, Asriel looking puzzled as Tiamat shook her many heads. "My son does too. He showed me quite a few through the portals to the other side, and one bit I noticed most of all, is when a house has just been shattered. A giant wrecking ball or something's gone right through it, and there's that one...single moment...where everything is still and quiet." She said, holding her hands up. "Before it ALL falls down. You're IN...that moment child. The wrecking ball has already hit. You just don't realize the house is about to fall down."

"Oh, so you came in like a wreeeecking baaaaaall?" Asriel laughed, swinging his sword over his head as he leapt into the air, slicing at Tiamat as she reeled back.

"Don't make me take back MUTING you." She grumbled, her heads shifting about as Asriel kept slicing, holding up another hand.

"CHAOS SABER! Times TWO!" He proclaimed, spinning around and around, managing to slice her across the chest, forcing her back as she cringed, then all of her mouths opened up. "Oh crap, fire breath!"

"Oh, I don't just have FIRE BREATH..." She remarked with a chuckle as gales of wind blew forth, knocking Asriel back as he cringed, struggling to withstand the maelstrom...only to be BLASTED back by torrents of water, then sent howling, soaring through the air as lightning sizzled at his furry skin.

Of course the good news was a few moments later the ice breath froze him in place so that gave him some relief, but now he was trapped in a giant Asriel-sicle as Tiamat nonchalantly walked over, rapped her knuckles on the little iceberg she'd stuck him in, and THEN, very slowly, breathed a little flame over it.

THWOOSH. He splatted onto the ground, panting before slowly rising up, Tiamat shaking her many heads.

"I can appreciate the desire to protect those you love, my child. It's a very noble, admirable sentiment. I admire it in my own children. But you really don't stand a chance. It'd be better for you to surrender and pray for mercy."

"My friends wouldn't give up easily. Especially not Chara or Frisk. They'd...stay DETERMINED." He proclaimed, pointing up into the air. "STAR BLAZING!" He roared out as shimmering shooting stars soared forth from the sky, Tiamat's eyes widening as she held up her arms.

"SHE-"

But unfortunately she didn't get the spell out in time. One of the stars struck her squarely on the head, making her fall to the ground as it exploded into other brilliant, gleaming stars which barraged her. She gasped in agony, panting and heaving as she rolled away from another shooting star, then another, leaping to her feet as she spat some blood from a few of her mouths, wiping her face off on her arm.

"...I'm...IRRITATED now." She intoned. "Time for a SPANKING!"

Asriel held up his chaos sabers, charging forward as he let out a roar. "You don't scare me!" He proclaimed, leaping into the air, slamming them down at her as she caught them in midair and toothily grinned with all her fanged heads.

"How about NOW?"

"Okaymaybealittle." Asriel gulped as he limply hung in the air, the main head of Tiamat's jaws opening wide...

Elsewhere, Frisk, Chara, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Huey, Squirt and Spike were now in the middle of a pitched battle of their own. Sweetie Belle was firing bolts of magical energy through the air, panting and heaving and sweating up a storm as Apple Bloom covered up the eyes of one dragon she was riding on top, making him squirm about and run around, his stubby arms too short to reach the top of his head whilst Scootaloo nimbly ducked to the side, another dragon dumbly slamming into a rock face as she chuckled in pride.

Squirt struck from the shadows, kicking into the leg of a dragon that got too close, making him howl as he fell to the ground, leg broken, Squirt vanishing into the darkness again to find ANOTHER target whilst Chara went toe-to-toe with a dragon of his own. He used the knife he had to block the dragon's claws, SCHING-SCHING's echoing through Hearthstone's streets as Frisk ducked and weaved, avoiding the strikes of another. Huey, meanwhile, had hidden himself using the most masterful way possible!

Re-enacting a Tom and Jerry routine, now perfectly positioned behind another dragon, moving in just the right directions to avoid being seen before-KAPOW! He headbutted him out.

Indeed, they were doing well so far!

...but that was all soon going to change. Because more and more dragons kept pouring with, with jaws that bite, the claws that catch! And our poor band was already tired from their last fight. Soon they were sweating up a storm, their movements sluggish, now all against each other's backs and surrounded on all sides as Mardek clapped his hands. "One...two..."

The dragons all breathed fire, Sweetie Belle desperately putting up a shield around them all, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo trying to hold her up as Frisk saw her shiver and shudder, the horn sparking, fizzing...

"It's done. Stop." Mardek chuckled, Sweetie Belle collapsing as the dragons halted their infernal assault, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom trying to help her up just as Tiamat calmly floated over, looking intrigued.

"Well, well. You managed to survive the skeletal horde from before, but, alas, it would seem my children here are too much for you." She intoned. "And unfortunately for your friend Asriel, I was too much for him." She added. "Now it's time for you to be punished. I don't approve of people beating up my children, after all."

"They started it." Chara weakly reasoned.

"Perhaps, but now I'm FINISHING it." Tiamat retorted, calmly striding on over, clawed hand snatching him up and tossing him into one of her head's open maws. It clamped shut and she swallowed, a distinct bulge going down her long neck, into her waiting stomach where another tiny bulge could be seen as she licked her lips all at once. "Hmm! Humans are quite tasty." She confessed. "But I think I'll save you for last, little Frisk." She remarked. "It's been quite some time since I enjoyed Pony flesh."

"Oh dear." Squirt gulped, Tiamat's many heads leaning down. One by one, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and Squirt were all swallowed up, going down her throats like a rat being swallowed like a snake, Tiamat's hand plucking up Huey as he uselessly struggled to get free.

"Now, now, none of that." She told him, giving him a little bop on the nose with one of her clawed digits. "You behave." She said as she tossed him into one of her jaws, before, at last...turning to Frisk and Spike.

"Spike, don't worry, I'm gonna..." Frisk began to say. "...I'll think of something." He said, Spike nervously looking from Tiamat to Frisk as she realized what Frisk was implying.

Tiamat's eyes softly glowed. "How DARE you, you think I'd hurt another dragon?!" She insisted angrily, hands clenched into fists.

"Er...well, I GUESS n-not, but...I mean..." Frisk began to stutter.

"...SPIKE." Tiamat murmured as Spike's body shuddered and he clutched his head...before slowly looking up, a new look in his eyes. "...if you could?" She said calmly, sitting down and nonchalantly folding her arms as Frisk suddenly felt Spike lift him up.

"What the?!-oh no." Frisk's eyes went wide. Tiamat was using her powers. He felt Spike bringing him over to a table in front of a restaurant as Spike nonchalantly put a little salt on him, Mardek helping out by carefully tying Frisk's hands behind his back and his legs together, ignoring Frisk's yelp of pain.

"Hey c-careful, his leg's broken..." Spike mumbled out, his personality still trying to fight through the control that was washing over him like a tidal wave as he brought out some butter from the restaurant and carefully spread it over Frisk's face like sunscreen, laying him on a plate with a bit of parsley.

"Oh my, such devotion! In more ways than one. I'm going to love having you as one of my children." Tiamat thought aloud with a happy smile, Spike bringing the plate and Frisk over to her main mouth. Frisk's eyes went wide, her jaws going wider still as he was eased into a world of wet warmth, and slid on in. Tiamtat's tongue bathed over him, tasting his every inch as he slid down, down into the waiting gullet as darkness bathed over him...

PreviousChapters Next