• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 5,660 Views, 543 Comments

Undertales of Friendship - ngrey651



A collection of short stories to make you laugh, make you smile, and warm your heart. With Monster, Human and Pony realms combined, the future looks brighter and brighter.

  • ...
25
 543
 5,660

PreviousChapters Next
In Which Papyrus Shows He is STILL Great!

Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to more...
Undertales!
A Collaboration by MisterEbony and NGrey651

Today's Episode: In Which Papyrus Shows He is STILL Great!

Papyrus groaned as he saw the ball slip past his paddle yet again, the score on the screen now 3 to 17. He looked over at his opponent, a beanie wearing colt with a dark brown coat and a controller for a cutie mark. Button Mash was the greatest gamer of Ponyville, and the owner of the only video games the town had, all made by Doctor Whooves. Today, Papyrus and Sans were babysitting the little gamer... and the former was getting his proverbial butt handed to him.

"WHATINTHEHOWDIDYOUIDONTSEE...AUGH!" He said, exasperated as Button Mash giggled. Sans just chuckled as he watched, drinking ketchup.

"admit it bro, he has you beat." sans said, shaking his head.

"NEVEEEEER! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL MAKE THE ULTIMATE COMEBACK AND... OH BOTHER." He said as the ball went by again, Button winning the game.

"paps, he boned you. big time." He winked at Button Mash, who chuckled.

"SANS! STOP PLAGUING MY LIFE WITH YOUR INCIDENTAL PUNS!"

"sorry pap. It was an.... incident." He winked.

"AUGH! I NEED TO GO WASH UP, I PLAYED THAT GAME DOWN TO THE BONE." He went wide-eyesocketed and faceskulled. "OH DRAT. I WALKED INTO THAT ONE." With that, off he went, Button Mash piling on the couch by Sans. He was staying at their house for now until mom was out of work, and he loved coming by. The two had so many cool things from underground, like action figures and comic books, and best of all, thanks to their sciency friend Alphys, he had a place where he could plug in his games besides the outlets at home. Yeah, the two were pretty cool.

"hey kid, you having fun?" Sans asked.

"Sure am! Papyrus is pretty cool guy. But he is kind of a bad loser isn't he?"

"eh, pay it no mind kid. we monsters are ALL losers, I mean all of us lost to Frisk right?"

Button blinked. "I don't get it."

Sans gave a softer smile.
"in losing to frisk we won his friendship and our freedom. and we wound up winning a way out of the underground and into the lives of some neat ponies. like you."

Button smiled, going to change the cartridge in his arcade style machine. Now no longer a ping pong game, it now focused on the adventures of Daring Do. It was a game made by Dr. Whooves for Rainbow Dash, and Button Mash also wound up with it.

This was the game Papyrus came out to.

"WOWIE! WHAT IS THIS GAME, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!"

Button giggled. "It's called Daring Do and the Digital Descent. It's about how Daring Do, that's the main character, has to explore these ruins, raiding tombs for lost treasures and hidden artifacts."

Papyrus hmmed. "MAY I TRY ONE LIFE?"

Button was about to nod as the door opened, Button's Mom coming in. Chess Queen was a gamer like her son, with a picture of a chess pawn for a cutie mark, and she loved to play games with her son. Sadly, work often made that hard to do, and so she tried to get what time she could. She thanked the skeleton brothers for babysitting, and left, promising to call on them from now on for babysitting jobs.

But as they left Papyrus just slumped into a chair, Sans looking at him worriedly. "what is it bro?"

"OH....... NOTHING."

"come on. I know you too well... out with it."

Papyrus sighed. "CAN ALWAYS TELL WHEN YOUR CONCERNED... YOU STOP TELLING JOKES. ALRIGHT..." He sits up a little. "EVER SINCE WE LEFT THE UNDERGROUND... WELL I KINDA FELT USELESS. I'M NOT A ROYAL-GUARD-IN-TRAINING ANYMORE, I DON'T HAVE TO CAPTURE HUMANS, I DON'T EVEN MAKE ANY PUZZLES!"

Sans hmmed. "have you tried working as a guard for twilight?"

"IT ISN'T THE SAME SANS. THEY AREN'T REALLY NEEDED HERE. I JUST FEEL.... USELESS. LIKE I AM THE BUTT OF JOKES... DESPITE NOT HAVING ONE."

Sans chuckled. "well... you made a good joke there."

"THE POINT IS SANS THAT THERE IS NOTHING FOR ME TO DO BUT BABYSIT. YOU NEVER DID ANYTHING ANYWAY SO THAT IS NO DIFFERENT... BUT ME I NEED A GOAL, I NEED AN ADVENTURE. I NEED.... SOMETHING." He sighed sadly. Sans looked at his brother and nodded in understanding. Papyrus needed something to fill his life, a goal. He hmmed and recalled that game and suddenly had an idea. It was crazy, but....

"hey, why don't we talk to rainbow dash? i'm sure you would be helpful in one of her adventures with daring do."

Papyrus considered. "WORTH A SHOT. LET'S GO OVER RIGHT AWAY!"

"pap.... it's midnight."

"PERFECT! SHE WON'T HAVE LEFT FOR WORK YET!" And with that he leapt out the window dramatically... .right into the outside garbage can.

"I'M ALRIGHT!" sans watched as two ponies clothed in green carried the garbage can off. "NO I'M NOT!!!!!"

sans sighed. This might be harder than he thought.

***

R,K, Yearling, a well known writer of action stories, was reading aloud the adventures of the famous adventurer Daring Do to several of the young foals and monsters, and was rather pleased how into the stories they all were. She was especially glad to see some of them getting symbols on them which could mean they would also be adventurers.

Good thing to. R. K. Yearling was not as spry as she used to be, despite still being a very active and adventurous philly. See, she was actually in truth Daring Do herself, the legendary explorer, tomb raider, and overall exciting individual. Only one pony in the audience knew who she really was, and said pony with a rainbow mane and tail and a light cyan coat with a rainbow thunderbolt cutie mark was practically squeeing with joy, trying to hide how excited she is to see the legendary pony who was not only her idol, but also a friend.

"... and so, with the chalice of the changelings secure in her maw, Daring Do leapt onto the plane piloted by her best friend and sped away into the night sky. Below, her doglike nemesis shouted up at her, screaming, 'CURSE YOU DARING DOOOOOOOO!!!' as the temple collapsed around him. And so, the world was saved again, thanks to the brave efforts of Daring Do." R.K. Yearling smiled as her audience cheered, the latest story about the Changelings Chalice already a success. As the foals went to buy a copy, the author approached RD, giving her a hoofbump.

"Not bad reading, R.K." Rainbow said with a wink. The two giggled at the fun of a secret identity.

"I HAPPEN TO THINK SO!" Another voice said, scaring the two out of their skins. A fitting thing, the duo soon seeing Papyrus before them when they turned to the castle library entrance. Papyrus had managed to get out of the garbage dump and clean up, but ever since had searched for Rainbow Dash everywhere. By the time he had located the legendary cloudbuster, they were at the castle library, and Papyrus listened intently to the story R.K. read aloud.

And his favorite part was that Daring Do encountered lots of deadly puzzles, his secret (yeah right ~sans) love. R. K. Yearling, being Daring Do in disguise, was not shocked by the skeleton.

"Ah, you must be one of the monsters from the underground. I have heard of you."

Papyrus squeed. "REALLY??? WOWIE! I AM FAMOUS STILL, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM HONORED AND FLATTERED YOU KNOW OF ME!"

Rainbow chuckled some. "R. K., This is Papyrus. Friends call him Pap. He tried to be part of the royal guard for Asgore while they were underground, but has yet to try it for any of the princesses."

"ACTUALLY, I WAS WONDERING IF YOU TWO CAN HELP ME. SEE.... I FEEL SOMEWHAT USELESS IN THIS UPPER WORLD. BUT I SAW A GAME BASED ON DARING DO, AND I ALSO HEARD THAT STORY... AND I WANT TO TRY IT! I WANT TO RAID IN TOMBS MYSELF, ESPECIALLY ONE FILLED WITH PUZZLES!"

R.K. Hmmmmed. normally she worked alone. But an adventure with Rainbow proved even she could use some help from time to time. Besides, the adventures she had since that time with Rainbow Dash were some of her best sellers! She hmmmed some more as she considered.

"Well.... Daring Do does work with others on occasion. I can contact her and see if maybe... MAYBE... you can join in. But I warn you. She doesn't work too well with others, nor does she allow any slacking off. You need to do your part."

Papyrus smiled proudly. "I AM GRATEFUL! I AM SURE SHE WILL BE HONORED FOR SUCH A COOL FRIEND AS MYSELF TO PARTAKE IN HER ADVENTURES!"

R.K. chuckled worriedly, looking to Rainbow Dash just to make sure this guy was on the level. Rainbow shrugged but nodded reassuringly.

"Well.... at the very least he is somewhat good with puzzles...."

R.K. hmmmed. "Perhaps I can convince her then." She said, walking off. Papyrus tilted his head some as he looked at her.

"IS IT JUST ME... OR DOES SHE LOOK A LOT LIKE THE MARE IN HER STORIES...?"

Rainbow laughed nervously and shook her head feverishly, trying to say how wrong he was, leading him to Sugar Cube Corner to have a snack while they waited. They did not have to wait long. As the two were snacking on some cupcakes (Papyrus preferring the one from Muffet now that she FINALLY could make them be edible), in walked a golden coated mare with a mane that was somewhat like a monochrome verson of Rainbow Dash's mane. On her flank was a compass for a cutie mark, and on her head was a pitched hat. The pegasus, Daring Do herself, smiled as she saw her friend and the skeleton.

"OH MY GOD! YOUR...."

"Shhhhhhhhhhhh... not so loud. Even walls have ears." She pointed at a nearby wall, where an ear shaped monster was sipping a milkshake, then groaned.

"Well, excuuuuuuuuuuse me." He said flatly, walking out as Daring Do pulled out a scroll. It was covered in arcane runes, done in a very weird pattern.

"R.K. said you wanted to help, and Rainbow has said you are a monster who likes hard puzzles."

Papyrus nodded. "YES INDEED! MY PUZZLES ARE EXPERTLY COOKED AND VERY FAIR."

Daring DO pointed a hoof at the runes. "Try this one then. No one can figure it out, not even me." She hmmed as she looked at it. But Papyrus blinked.

"THIS.... THIS IS NO PUZZLE... IT IS A MAZE!" He pointed at a small dot amidst some lines. "LOOK, THIS HAS TO BE EITHER WHERE YOU START OR WHERE YOU END, AND..." He pointed to a strange symbol that seemed to have no meaning. "... THIS HAS TO BE THE FINISH! SOOOO.... IT IS LIKE MY INVISIBLE ELECTRICITY MAZE!" He began to trace his finger across it, but sweated as he could not find the solution. But as he worked...

"Hey... Pap your right!" Rianbow said, pointing her hoof along a path Papyrus had not tried yet. He stared in wonder.

"UNBELIEVEABLE! YOU SOLVED THAT SO EASILY.... TOO EASILY..." He said, Daring Do smiling.

"So, It is a map and not an inscription. This brings me much closer to it."

"CLOSER TO WHAT?" Papyrus asked, curious.

"Long ago, the ancient zebras of the jungle wherein I found this believed that there lay various stones of incredible power. These were not like the Elements, or even many amulets or glyphs, this was a stone that was forged of its own will. A stone that, if the legend holds, was able to bring about eternal life.

"It is called the Lazarus Lapis."

Papyrus blinked. "INCONCIVABLE! WHEN YOU'RE DEAD YOU TURN INTO DUST!"

Daring Do chuckled. "Not with this stone. With it you can cheat death over and over. Immortality in the tip of your hoof... or in your case, the palm of your bony hand."

Rainbow Dash hmmed. "So, you want us to come along?"

Daring Do smiled. "I already had it shown that friends can help when the going gets rough. So, your in." He looked to Papyrus. "As for you, I heard your trying to get into the royal guard somewhere."

Papyrus nodded sadly. "YES. ASGORE DISBANDED HIS FOR THE MOST PART SAVE FOR A COUPLE, AND TWILIGHT REALLY DOESN'T NEED THEM, SO THAT LEAVES ONLY THE PRINCESSES."

Daring smiled. "Pretty lofty goal, it is not easy being one of their royal guards. But if you help me out, I'll put a good word in for you. I have connections in the palace."

Papyrus beamed, but before he could say a word Daring continued. "BUT.... you have to listen to me, and when I say jump, you ask how far you fly, got it?"

Papyrus saluted.

"Good. We set out at once for the Zebracan Wildlands!" She shouted the three heading out, unaware of a shadowy figure watching their every move, chuckling at what they were looking for.

"Immortality.... heh heh heh..."

***

"DAY 12. HOT AND STEAMY, LIKE MY EXPERTLY COOKED SPAGHETTI. THE WILD JUNGLES OF ZEBRACA BLEACH MY BONES WITH THEIR HEAT. FOLLOWING THE MAP, WE TRAVERSE INTO THE JUNGLE DEEPER AND DEEPER UNTIL..."

"Shhhhhhh..." Rainbow Dash said, chuckling some, Daring Do rolling her eyes. the journey to Zebraca had been easy going until they arrived, and sine finding the starting point, an old abandoned village, they had followed the map through what appeared to be a massive and abandoned zebra metropolis. Daring was on constant lookout, her gaze set to all directions, finally raising a hoof.

"WHAT IS IT?" Papyrus whispered, despite his speech still being all caps for some weird reason. Daring Do looked back at the others and narrowed her gaze.

"We are not alone." She turned back to the front.... winding up nose to nose with a zebra clothed in tribal garb and wielding a nasty looking spear. Daring eeped some.

"Take flight!" She screamed, both she and Rainbow Dash taking to the air... but Papyrus just smiled, even as more of the zebra cannibals suddenly appeared.

"WOWIE! YOU LOOK LIKE ZECORA! AND I LOVE THE FACEPAINT AND LEATHER OUTFITS!"

He approached, several of the cannibal zebras speaking to one another in an ancient tongue, one pulling out a book titled "1001 cooking uses for Skeletons", looking Papyrus up and down. You had to admire their creativity in being able to cook Skeletons, all things considered. But still, high above in the air, Rainbow and Daring groaned.

"Is he REALLY that stupid?!" Daring finally said. "They will tear him apart unless he gets outta there!"

Rainbow suddenly had an idea. "Papyrus! Show them your really cool normal attack!"

Papyrus looked up. "OH. OKAY!" He looked to the zebras. "NOW, BE WARNED, IT IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS." He began to pull out a variety of bones, heaving them in rather impossible ways, where they formed the shapes of letters, changed size, turned all colors, and even did the occasional ballet routine around the zebras.

Then.... the attacks began to hit, Pap not even seeing as his wild attack was sending zebras flying left and right. They began to chant and dodge, some catching bones to use in their soup, others shouting in fear and running. Papyrus heaved as he finished, wide eye-socketed as the zebras had mostly vanished, save one he unintentionally trapped in the perfectly built bone cage.

"OH MY... GUESS I OVER DID IT." He said sadly, Daring Do blinking some.

"Ok.... that was cool." She said. Rainbow Dash shrugged.

"Eh, it needs to be about 20% cooler." She said, the two landing below to interrogate the zebra.

"Papyrus.... break out the spaghetti." Daring Do said, grinning evilly. The zebra native said just two words.

"EA HAWO."

***

The three, having learned a little from the zebra thanks to the torture of the almost utterly inedible spaghetti, found that they actually had the map upside down, and finding that out they reached the end of the maze. As it turned out, the end had led them to a massive temple, showing the image of a tomb on it. The three looked at it in awe as they approached.

"Whoa. Awesome." Rainbow Dash said. The others were silent until finally Papyrus spoke.

"EH, IT NEEDS TO BE ABOUT 20% COOLER." The two ponies looked at him, the skeleton blinking. "WELL IT DOES! I MEAN, FOR AN ANCIENT CRUMBLING TEMPLE IT DOESN'T LOOK THE LEAST BIT FOREBODING, AND LOOK! THE ENTRANCE IS WIDE OPEN! A TREASURE OF IMMORTALITY NEEDS A BETTER PUZZLE TO PROTECT IT! THAT'S ALL I AM SAYING!"

Daring Do chuckled... then thought about what he said. Papyrus was right... it was too easy. It wouldn't be so easy to get in.... unless....

She eeped as a gunshot echoed, the three taking cover. They looked up, and saw a crimson pony with a long black beard, wearing an outfit like as if the pony was trying to be Count Dracula. around him were several spiky maned ponies, several well armed.

"Well, well, well. We meet again Daring Do." The crimson pony said, chuckling some, his golden eyes staring at her, as she gritted her teeth.

"Bloodname." Daring said, the pony shouting in frustration.

"BloodRAIN! RAIN!"

"SEEMS RATHER SUNNY TO ME. HUMID, BUT SUNNY." Papyruis said, earning him a shot that just pass through his ribs. Thank goodness for being a skeleton. "OK, NOW THE TEMPLE IS COOL. THIS STALLION SURE HAS THE COOL EVIL VILLAIN PART DOWN."

The pony chuckled. "Finally, some appreciation. I may have let you steal my last chance at immortality Daring Do, but the Lazarus Lapis is too amazing to pass up. And soon it will be ALL MINE."

Rainbow Dash snorted. "Not likely. Time to get physical!" She said, about to take flight...

As a tranquilizer dart impacted her thigh.

"Wha? OOOOoooooooohhh..." She managed to get out as she fell to the ground. A similar dart impacted Daring Do. Papyrus eeped as he also was hit by one, falling on his face so hard the skull left an indent of his smile in the ground.

"That WORKED?" One of the men asked, stunned. "Wow. I didn't think a skeleton could get knocked out like that."

"I suppose they're not the only ones stunned." Bloodrain remarked with a wry smile. "Bring them. We may need them inside for the traps."

The men loyal to the evil pony grabbed the three and hauled them in. Inside, there was a massive open cavern, the floor metallic in nature, with an opening on the other side.

"Strange... what is this?" The lead pony said, sending one of his men across. But no sooner had he taken three steps when he suddenly let out a scream, a jolt of electricity shooting through him.

In an instant the minion dissolved into dust.

"An electricity maze?!" BloodRain said. He looked over at Daring Do and checked her supplies. And among them was a paper. It listed three challenges leading to the Lapis.

"First, the Path of Life. He who takes the easy path through life will find only a quick death.

Second, the Way of Life. He who cannot decide what is most important is unworthy of life.

and Third, the Stone of Life itself. He who understands the word of life may claim command over it."

He sighed as he looked to the three. "Awaken them. NOW."

****

As he awoke, Papyrus saw that Daring Do was being held by one of the guards, and Bloodrain had a gun toting guard aimed at Rainbow Dash. Papyrus was wide eyed.

"Wha...?"

"Listen monster. You have two choices. Either you cross the challenges or you will watch your friends suffer, and then still have to get the Lapis to save them. Which will it be?"

Ppayrus blinked. He looked at his friends. He then narrowed his eyesockets.

"do you wanna have a bad time?"

BloodRain eeped as Papyrus' left eye glowed a frightening orange. But still he stood. He said nothing, everyone in the room shocked as he spoke outside of his normal self. He looked at the paper and read the clue. Then he looked around the massive room... and saw the answer.

"IT'S THE STALAGTITES!" He said, throwing several bones at them. One by one they began to fall onto the metal plate, forming a path. It was a lot of hard work, but the path through life was never easy. As the last of several stalagtites fell, he leapt onto them and just walked across with no problem, then he reread the clue.

"OK.... ONE DOWN.... NOW... THE WAY OF LIFE." He entered the next room and saw that the floor was actually suspended above what looked like a chamber of lava. In the center of the room were various pillars with pictures, seven in all. They showed bits, food, a heart, a smile, a spear, a ballon, and a skull. Papyrus almost hit the skull given how cool it looked but he remembered the clue. What was most important?

He looked at the pictures. he knew each one represented something. And he chuckled.

"OK, WHOEVER MADE THIS PUZZLE MUST HAVE FELT BAD AFTER THE FIRST ONE. IT IS TOO EASY." He pushed on the heart. "LOVE. LOVE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, HAPPINESS..... WAIT!!!!" Quickly he realized there was two answers, and before he took his hand off, he also pressed his hand on the smiling face. Above him, two ropes began to burn away. Papyrus watched as they led down to the door on the other side, finally opening up. He almost waked through when he heard the click of the gun.

"Good enough skeleton. Now get over here. We got the last one." Bloodrain said, laughing as he walked by. Papyrus growled at his men, who suddenly shivered. As BloodRain went through, he turned, bones in hand.

"time to use the techniques sans taught me." He quietly murmured, suddenly letting fly with the bones, using his fabled blue attack. One by one all of the gyuard ponies felt weighted down, Rainbow and Daring staring.

"YOU TWO STOP THAT CREEP, COOL THOUGH HE IS. I GOT THESE LOSERS! SINCE WE CANNOT BE FRIENDS.... WE WILL BE.... SENDING THEM TO TRACTION!"

Daring froze. "He almost got it." She said, she and Rainbow flying after Bloodrain, but soon emerging in a final massive chamber, the crimson pony standing over a zebra.

And all around were stones with various markings on them. DOZENS of them.

"Well if you won't tell me..." Bloodrain finally said, grabbing a random stone. "I'll just have to find out by trial and error!"

"NO!" Daring Do shouted, but it was too late. even as Bloodrain rubbed the stone on himself, he suddenly began to regress from a frightening and powerful being down to a cute and helpless baby foal, crying and begging for mommy. Daring Do blinked some.

"Well... that was unexpected." She said, looking to the zebra, who stood up. On his flank was a familiar looking mark, looking suspiciously like an outline of the Delta Rune.

"He chose poorly." The zebra said in perfect Equestrian. "As for you.... I knew you would come. the legend told of this day."

Rainbow Dash blinked. "Legend?"

"Yes. The Lazarus Lapis. It was never meant to be in Equestria, or in any dimension where it could be used for terrible means. The legend states that when greedy hearts seek it, there will come ones who will find the stone, and use it's hidden power to send it somewhere safe. So it has always been, so it always will be."

Daring Do nodded. "But... which stone is it?"

"You must choose." He pointed to baby Bloodrain, who was sucking his hoof innocently. "But... choose wisely. The true Lazarus Lapis allows immortality. False ones will bestow other blessings and curses. The one he had returned him to infancy."

Daring Do hmmed. "It would have the word of life.... the word of life... Lazarus. He who was dead and reborn..."

Rainbow looked to her. "Daring?"

"An old legend. Lazarus was a name given to a pony that died and was reborn. Life and death in one stone. But.... what does it mean?"

"I KNOW!"

The three turned to see Papyrus, walking in casually. "THE DELTA RUNE! THE LAZARUS STONE MUST HAVE THE DELTA RUNE, LIKE THIS ONE!" He pointed to a stone with a set of wings and three triangles on it. He picked it up... and nothing happened.

"Only one way to know..." Daring Do said. She pulled out the ashes of the pony who had braved the maze, ashes she had seen upon waking up. The minions had said what happened. If this was the true stone...

Papyrus touched the stone to the ashes, and they began to glow. Slowly, the ashes began to reform into the servant pony, with less scratches and a cleaner coat. He gasped and was wide eyed, finally letting out a delighted cry. "HA! I'm free, I'm free-"

Before falling onto another stone, and turning into a changeling. Still he laughed.

"You have chosen.... wisely." He turned to Papyrus. "It is to your world the stone must go. That is the fate of the stone of life, to be given to those who can guard it." "He turned to the side, pressing his hoof, and revealing a massive vortex. "If you wish to keep it, you must stay here and guard it. But if you throw it in, it will go where and when it is meant to, to one from your world meant to safeguard the stone."

Papyrus smiled, looking to Daring Do and Rainbow Dash. The latter spoke with a smile. "Eh, we got the princesses to help with reformation stuff, we don't need it here. Besides, if it fell in the wrong hands..."

Daring sighed. "Shame we can't keep something though... a souvenir."

The zebra smiled. "That can be arranged." He turned to Papyrus, who nodded.

"OK! I DECLARE THIS QUEST COMPLETED! WE WIN!" He tossed the stone in, the vortex closing forever. Sighing and smiling, he turned to the others. "WELL! THAT WAS FUN! WE MUST DO THIS AGAIN SOMETIME!"

All in the room, even the baby and the changeling, laughed.

*********

And a few days later....

"SANS! SANS!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!"

Papyrus was standing by his brothers unkempt bed, the clock nearby saying 4pm. Sans opened his left eye, showing the blue inside.

"pap..." But Sans froze, seeing his brother. He sat up and was wide eyesocketed, smiling broadly.

Papyrus was clothed in golden armor, wielding a nice looking halberd, a flowing cape behind him. He smiled proudly.

"I DID IT! CELESTIA MADE ME PART OF THE ROYAL GUARD! SEEMS THE ACTIONS I TOOK WITH DARING DO CONVINCED HER TO BE HER ROYAL GUARD HERE IN PONYVILLE, PROTECTING TWILIGHT!"

Sans hugged his cool brother. "i knew you would do it buddy. you made me so proud."

Papyrus began to cry. "FINALLY.... AFTER SO LONG... WHO KNEW ALL I HAD TO DO WAS FACE TERRIBLE DANGER, SOLVE SOME PUZZLES, AND FIND A LEGENDARY STONE CALLED THE LAZARUS LAPIS!"

At that, Sans froze. The Lazarus Lapis? But.... it couldn't be.... could it?

*50 years ago*

In the underground, Toriel looked through the ruins, looking for snails, as she heard a whooshing sound behind her. When she turned around, she saw a small stone on the floor, oddly with the mark of the Delta Rune.

"What is this?" She said, picking it up. Legends spoke of a stone like this that could reform the recently destroyed. Given the failed determination experiments sans told her about, many doubt the stone existed.

She smiled some. "Maybe... with this... .there won't be anymore taken souls." She said, looking for a way to use the stone to make resurrection points, among other things. If she only knew the full story of why the stone came to her... or that it was to be with her back in Equestria.

But... what entity had caused this to be, or had it simply been a coincidence?


THE END?

...

L...o...R..e...M...i...P...s...U...m...D...o...C...e...T...

PreviousChapters Next