• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 5,660 Views, 543 Comments

Undertales of Friendship - ngrey651



A collection of short stories to make you laugh, make you smile, and warm your heart. With Monster, Human and Pony realms combined, the future looks brighter and brighter.

  • ...
25
 543
 5,660

PreviousChapters Next
Greetings. I am Chara...

Asriel sat and looked at the lake, sighing miserably. He looked around at his family and his new friends, the ponies of the Mane Six, as they enjoyed a picnic holiday. But Asriel Dreemurr wanted nothing to do with it. For awhile he was happy... but lately, his sins felt like they were crawling up his back. It made him sink even lower as he saw his reflection in the water.

In his mind he hard... HIS voice.

"You know what you are, Asriel."

Asriel squinted his eyes.

"You are a dirty little killer. you are a destroyer of worlds, a slayer of families. AN YOU LOVED IT."

"...no...."

"You live for causing pain, even NOW you know it."

Asriel turned away.. and found himself staring into their face. Chara's face. Their red eyes glowed, and their smile was twisted in a cruel sneer.

"ADMIT IT CRYBABY!" They said, raising the real knife. "You want to be like me! You want to bring this pain!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Asriel screamed as the knife slashed the sky99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

***

Asriel woke with a start. It was late, and the moon outside shone into his window. Nearby, Frisk was asleep on a very fat Pinkie Pie, using her tummy as a pillow. She had eaten three of the 12 birthday cakes made for their party, and was now one big pony pilow. Frisk had taken full advantage of the random pony, soft and snuggly in this state.

Asriel wished he had that now. He felt so alone in the dark even with everyone. For so long he hurt so many, and did things no one should be forgiven for. His memory of them remained even after receiving a soul from the royalty of Equestria, including the memory of Chara.

Chara. His best friend. He sobbed at that, especially given how at first the two were like Frisk and he were now. Chara was not the best brother, but... he was still good for so long. He never hurt Asriel, and the two got in trouble all the time together, Chara always seeming to get him out of it.

Chara then changed one day. It was like the time before he had no memories and then.... when they got them back they became someone.... no, someTHING terrible. And Asriel had felt that when they fused. A portion of that was still in him, even as Flowey, tormenting his dreams. Worse, somehow Luna was unable to detect them, as if something or someone was keeping her out.

As such, Asriel had no choice but watch as his nightmares destroyed the world again and again. Equestria. The Underground. And..... and one other. A world he did not recognize, full of humans. They were playing something that looked like what had happened to him and Frisk.

But that was unimportant. The nightmares had to stop and soon. He needed help.

Getting out of bed, he knew where to go. He left a note for his family and started off for Canterlot, shifting to his Hyperdeath mode to allow flight. This was not like the trip to the woods. In this mode, he looked like the angel of death, yet now made death seem more.... friendly. More.... welcoming. Not like before, where it looked like hell itself. In this form, his rainbowlike wings made flight easy.

He needed them for speed to where he had to go.

****

Luna sat on her balcony, several of her batpony guards beside her and looking over the sleeping Canterlot. She was in a trance, moving from dream to dream, many of the citizens welcoming her with open hooves. Oh how she loved being in their dreams, seeing all the amazing, wonderful, and sometimes goofy things she saw. So seeing the donut shop of dreams Pony Joe had was a fun sight, foals playing and eating the giant pastries.

"Another one of my dream dainties Luna?" Joe said in a heavy Brooklyn accent. But before Luna could answer, she heard one of her pony guards.

"Luna, you have a visitor."

Luna sighed, shook Joe's hand, and returned to reality, wide eyed as she saw the Hyperdeath form of Asriel before her. Slowly he shifted back to his normal form as a child, and Luna looked at him with wonder.

"Pray do tell, what brings one so young to my presence. Should thou not be in bed, getting ready for school tomorrow?"

Asriel sighed. "Luna.... I need your help."

Luna smiled as he approached her, the Mare of Midnight hugging the boy, sensing he needed one. Finally he spoke again.

"In my dreams, they start okay, but I can see the memories of when I was a flower in them. Terrible memories. Horrible things I have done and wanted to do. And then... I see them."

Luna blinked. "Them?"

"Chara.... my brother. They were so good once... then one day they became so... evil. they wanted to destroy everything. Everyone. Every time from past to future."

Luna blinked. "Forgive, but why do you refer to one person as many?"

Asriel was silent. Then... "Because he felt like many. He could be good, he could be bad. He could be kind, he could be cruel. He could heal.. he could kill. And each day, it got worse and worse."

Luna nodded. "Lie down before me young one. And I will meet this Chara."

Asriel gulped. "And for me?"

"Guilt is a terrible thing. We all have regrets, especially those of us who were evil. I myself have many as Nightmare Moon."

Asriel blinked. "You, Luna? But you're so... wonderful!"

"It was not always as such. A long long time ago, I was jealous of my sister's fame among the ponies. Those who loved me seemed to be her targeted enemies though it was unintended. It drove me mad. I wanted more, and I used dark magic to get it. The draconic blood in me awakened, and I became a being of terrible power."

She focused her magic, changing her form before Asriel, her coat going black as pitch instead of dark bluish purple, and her mane shimmered. Her eyes became like a dragons, her maw like a wolf, and she bore on her armor made from moonstone. Asriel stared, but not in fear.

"You're... you look lovely!" He said, blushing as he said so. But luna did not smile.

"In this form I was anything but. I was Nightmare Moon, ruler of the night and a hater of all things loyal to the light. I schemed to overthrow my sister and plunge Equestria into eternal darkness. But Twilight and her friends stopped me, and I slowly began to be re-accepted. That is happening now with others like me: Discord, Chrysalis and her changelings, Trixie, Starlight Glimmer, even your father Asgore were all evil once, but now work to make it better."

Asriel nodded. Luna continued.

"Tomorrow, I will introduce you to them all, and we will share what is needed. FLuttershy, dear kind one she is, leads a group where former villians work together to change their ways and use their powers for good. It is rather amusing, and good for the soul."

Asriel could not resist. "The SOUL? You mean the Symbols Of Unyielding Love are even in villains?"

Luna smiled. "Everyone has love in them Asriel. I have heard stories of villainous monsters who fell for dark mistresses, uniting in their evil... but also in their love for one another. I have seen warriors corrupted to fallow a dark queen they worshiped. But I have also seen a cruel king forsake his ways for the love of one mare. Love is mysterious that way."

Asriel smiled. Love sure was complicated. How did it come by Frisk so naturally?

"Now, sleep, and I will meet this Chara."

Asriel nodded, and slipped o sleep. Luna entered the dream...

*****

Darkness.

All around was dark, save for a single light. There in the light stood one boy. On the surface he looked like Frisk, but the green and yellow sweater he wore was more like Asriel.

And his eyes.... they glowed red. and the smile... like a demon.

"So, thou art Chara." Luna said.

"And you're the princess of the night. How cute. I like the night. Sooo many inspiring creatures." He chuckled madly. "Let me guess, your here to give me your speech of how good always wins and love never fails and blah blah SCHMALTZ."

Luna was afriad. His tone, so mocking, and the power in him... she could sense it.

"Let me tell you something, little pony." Chara raised his hand, and all around Luna saw a barren landscape, pony and monster bodies everywhere, Chara stepping over one of a filly with a shield for a cutie mark. A shield with an apple on it.

"I tried your way." Chara said. "Really, I did. I was all sunshine and rainbows, friendly with Asriel and Toriel and Asgore. I was all the good son. And you know what?"

Asriel grinned, showing blood on his teeth.

"It bored me."

Luna was wide eyed, the boy suddenly before her. "You bore me too. And you know what I do to things who bore me? Who get in my way?"

Luna tried to step away.

"I make them into dust."

Chara held out his hand, a knife in it. But Luna remained form at last. She knocked the knife aside easily, the illusion around fading.

"You don't convince me Chara." Luna said. "You may be evil, but you long for something more than empty stats like EXP and senseless destruction. You want revenge for what happened, yes. But you also want someone to be with. A partner."

Chara blinked. She had struck a nerve.

"You're lonely and sad, Chara. So you try to fill the emptiness with destruction. But it won't help. I may not convince you..... but I can stop you."

"No! You won't!"

"You will not harm this boy again!"

*******

"My name is Asriel... and I am a killer." He said, standing before the group. "I have done terrible things, killing and burning all around me and resetting to avoid consequences." He shifted his form to the flower, continuing. "I refused to feel, not just because I had no soul, but because I enjoyed having no feelings to worry about when I did my terrible acts. It was liberating." Asriel returned to normal. "But... Now I cannot be free of these nightmares. Even though I no longer dream of Chara... I still know what I did. I......I...."

He began to sob, the villains in the room with him watching and silent, until Chrysalis stood up and held the boy in a hug. Her empathy that came with being able to eat emotions allowed her to understand fully, perhaps ore than anyone save Fluttershy, just how deep his sorrow was. Discord nearby was blowing his nose on hankie after hankie that came out endlessly from a pocket. All others, even Asgore, was silent.

"It's okay, knowing what you did is part of it. But you are not that being anymore." Chrysalis said. At the podium, Fluttershy nodded.

"Chrysalis is right, Asriel. If you were, then do you think you would have let everyone in Equestria eat you? I mean, you had the power to resist at first, you could have. You didn't."

Discord nodded. "And besides kid, look at you now! I bet there isn't a monster or pony anywhere who would deny you do good!" Asriel blinked as a hat that said "Good guy" appeared on his head, and a cape on his back. "And belieeeeve me, I know good when I see it."

Trixie nodded, as did Starlight, who could relate to the whole destroying worlds things, considering what she did. Asriel began to sob, Chrysalis still holding him, letting the little boy lose the hurt he held in for so long. The other former civilians knew Asriel would need a lot of help and love. Help he would get here.

Love.... well he already had that everywhere around him. True love. Not the acronym.

*************************************************

Edward sat back in his chair, smiling as he saved the story and went to walk away. He would send it to NGrey later. He had decided not to share the story he had about Gaster, no point to it now. Besides, it really wasn't real.

As he left the room however, he was unaware of another form that had hidden under the covers of his bed. A form with red eyes. A small boy.

A boy...

...with a real knife....

EHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAHAAAA....

PreviousChapters Next